Wrestler Naming Thread

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Promotion in CV: NWA = Nonstop Wrestling (Action and/or) Alliance

I've always been against bringing the NWA into the CornellVerse, but I really like that 'Nonstop Wrestling Action' moniker a lot. It's a cool name and it has a CornellVerse ring to it. I like it.

As for wrestler names, I haven't actually done it yet, but I've always secretly planned to have my boy Flash Savage try his hand at Lucha Libre, wearing a mask and using the name 'Savage Fly'.

I always pick up KC Glenn nowadays, but because I resent his youth, talent and bland picture I always rename him Boggy Glenn. Just because I want him marked as jobber-for-life.

That'll teach him for complaining about working developmental.

Guessing a heel

Yeah. IMO, he could be either. I want to treat Gilmore like HBK. Everyone knows HBK will have the best match on a WrestleMania card. So i wanted that same feeling with Gilmore. And the fact he was Angry Gilmore in SWF...and now Awesome Gilmore in my created prromotion, NWA. But you can push him like Jericho who thinks he is the best in the world...or push him as HBK (2002-) that he's the Showstopper. I want Gilmore to be Mr. WrestleQuest (my created promotion major PPV that will occur every 4 months).

Stable I created - The Magnificent Four (M-4). Gilmore, Jacob Jett(ison), and the Ring Generals...who will be champions (World Hvy, LW, Tag when they formed).

I always pick up KC Glenn nowadays, but because I resent his youth, talent and bland picture I always rename him Boggy Glenn. Just because I want him marked as jobber-for-life.

That'll teach him for complaining about working developmental.

I picked up Glenn in my ACPW game and had him for three years. He never grew in Psych, Selling, Basics, Consistency, Brawling or Mat Skills the entire time. And everything else grew so slowly. I started thinking to myself how does it feel to debut and instantly peak at age 19.

The only name changes I made recently were Findlay O'Farrady and Des Davids (because their names sound a bit too boring for USPW I figured) to Sean Steele and Marlon Wrath. Made me push them to the moon.

Should've called him "The Irishman Terminator" Findlay O'Fracture ;)

Everyone's talking about cverse characters, so I hope no one minds if I come asking for real world help. With the WWE going down the toiler, Undertaker deemed them too small to resign with them. I'm picking him up, but I don't want to call him Undertaker.

I have Kane as Doomsday, but I can't think of a name for Undertaker.

Everyone's talking about cverse characters, so I hope no one minds if I come asking for real world help. With the WWE going down the toiler, Undertaker deemed them too small to resign with them. I'm picking him up, but I don't want to call him Undertaker.

My ideas for UnderTaker names:

Reaper

Darth Reaper

Dark Reaper

Demonsoul

Darkside

Kaos

Deadman

LivingDead

You could continue the comic book villain and word ending namesakes by calling him Apocalypse. Or if you want to move away from the comic book villains but keep the world ending names try Ragnarok.

You could continue the comic book villain and word ending namesakes by calling him Apocalypse. Or if you want to move away from the comic book villains but keep the world ending names try Ragnarok.

Apocalypse works perfectly! Thanks for Ragnarok too. I'm going to use that for the third member of the demonic trio :D

SaySo, thanks for contributing some names. I'll be using some of those for some random generated workers.

I've been thinking about a new name for Bryan Danielson... I've been thinking about it, but have no good ideas. I just don't like daniel bryan.

You could always just call him "The American Dragon". Or perhaps you could call him Bryan Daniels - my cousin, (yes, the same cousin I mentioned in the official TNA thread), calls him that 9 times out of 10 anyway.

Just a few possibilities.

:)

• 3 weeks later...

I just signed Spirit of the Lizard and Spirit of the Shark. I don't like the names, but I do like their look.

I thought about calling SOTL "Reptile" as a way to rip off Mortal Kombat, but SOTS, I'm lost on. Reptile isn't a definite rename, it's just all that came to mind.

I just signed Spirit of the Lizard and Spirit of the Shark. I don't like the names, but I do like their look.

I thought about calling SOTL "Reptile" as a way to rip off Mortal Kombat, but SOTS, I'm lost on. Reptile isn't a definite rename, it's just all that came to mind.

How can you not like those names? THEY'RE AWESOME!!!!

I've been thinking about a new name for Bryan Danielson... I've been thinking about it, but have no good ideas. I just don't like daniel bryan.

1) Something tailored for the gimmick.

- And you don't want to be TOO spot on with a gimmicked name, I try to be really subtle so that I eventually forget what inspired the gimmick.

- Leftist/Intellectual authors

- Classic science fiction

- Russian names (I remember that he has a pseudo-Russian gimmick back in the day, and when I googled I ran into a lot of badass sounding names.)

http://www.babynames.org.uk/russian-boy-baby-names.htm

2) Alliteration is good when you're stumped.

After about 5 minutes thinking about it I'd go with Alexi Kaverin. Now that would probably be best for an intense shooter type, if you want to book him an everyman or an underdog you might go in a different direction.

How can you not like those names? THEY'RE AWESOME!!!!

They're too long :p

C'mon man! Reptile and Sub Zero!

That thought crossed my mind when I was going to bed last night. I also toyed around with Reptile and Rain.

Archived