The C-Verse Re-render Project

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only problem I have with it is how skinny she is. But that's a personal beef and only because I've always equated J.Ro to be the C-Verse equivalent of Sarah Stock.

Really? According to her stats, I always saw her more as a 'super-hot' version of Alexa Thatcher or something. It's not like she has godlike skills ingame.

Victoria Stone would probably be a better fit for Stock imho. Or better: Alicia Strong.

That said, some great work in-between. will defo use if I play TEW again.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blackman" data-cite="Blackman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27865" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Really? According to her stats, I always saw her more as a 'super-hot' version of Alexa Thatcher or something. It's not like she has godlike skills ingame.<p> </p><p> Victoria Stone would probably be a better fit for Stock imho. Or better: Alicia Strong.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Serious tangent but....huh? Her sex appeal stat says that she's unignorable. Alexa Thatcher, while attractive, is easily ignorable (and I dunno how you could make Alexa "super hot". As they say in the South, you can't get there from here). Sarah Stock isn't ignorable (even in jeans, a t-shirt and a beat up leather jacket), which is how I came to that comparison. I swear it's the onion. Then again, the sex appeal stat says that Grace Harper is unignorable too but I don't know who to equate her to. In fact, J Silver's render makes J.Ro look eerily like <a href="http://www.google.com/search?q=gloria+velez&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=uQC&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivnsuofd&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=BfTRTaXYNofrgQeR0d3wCw&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAQ&biw=1680&bih=960" rel="external nofollow">Gloria Velez</a> from the neck down, which is an exaggerated form of what I picture her to be.</p><p> </p><p> That's just me simplifying though. I book J.Ro much like I'd book Sarah Stock (obviously stunning but trying to get people to look beyond that) so it makes it an easy comparison for me. Honestly, I'd book Victoria Stone much like I'd book Nattie Neidhart so that comparison would fit better for me.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="supermexdiego" data-cite="supermexdiego" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27865" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm guessing this is J-Ro as CoCo?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> JoRo! LOL</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="J Silver" data-cite="J Silver" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27865" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Taheiji Konoe</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d105/jsilver536/TaheijiKonoe.jpg</span><span>http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d105/jsilver536/TaheijiKonoe_alt1.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://s757.photobucket.com/home/Cverse_Rerender/" rel="external nofollow"><span style="font-size:18px;">The C-Verse Re-Render Photobucket</span></a></p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I know this is digging up an oldie, but is there anyway we could get Taheiji sans beard?</p><p> </p><p> - Sonfaro</p>

<p>Hey, i posted this on a different topic, the alternative pic thread but i figured since this topic is very popular and also a good place for me to put my request i would repost my request to this topic and ive noticed the legendery artist JHD is here as well as an incredibly talented person whose work i am just now getting familiar with, Sock Puppet. So here i go and hopefully what i request can be handled. thanks for ur time guys n gals</p><p> </p><p>

Hey, can somebody kindly demonstrate their artistic capabilities on my following requests:</p><p> </p><p>

Dan DaLay. I need a bit of work on this guy, a couple of pics.</p><p> </p><p>

I need a hardcore, 80's era type Hogan Dan DaLay. Blonde handlebar mustache only, no accompanying beard of five o'clock shadow. If possible, if he can be made a little tanner, that'd be great, if not, no sweat. Key is a yellow bandana with the words "DOOGAN RULES" in red hulkamania type inspired font and style. I know not much of the body is showing on DeLay but it is also important for him to be adorned in a yellow tank top if possible. If that cant be done then its crucial that he have no shirt on so just topless and if he has to be topless cuz you cant put him in a yellow tank top, then if he can be made tanner colored skin that be great. If he cant be done in a yellow tank top or without any shirt, then if it could just be a head shot that'd be great.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

OK, next Dan DaLay request!</p><p> </p><p>

I would really appreciate it if you are able to do something like this:</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgii3f7dym1qzx70zo1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1306609485&Signature=05em2EsFdpqFqu%2B4wbMeXtduAOo%3D</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Do you see the shot of Hulk Hogan? Ok. If you could do something similar like that for Dan DaLay. I'd like his hairline receeding and not spikey, more Hogan-ish type hair for him and no beard, just a blond handlebar mustache and the real cream of the crop for this, the real challenge here would be to get him ripping in half a yellow tank top.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

OK next Dan DaLay Request so Dan DaLay request number 3.</p><p> </p><p>

This one is gonna be kinda similar to the first one. I think i've seen similar pics done to what im about to ask. I'd like DaLay to be sporting a black bandana and to have a logo center of the bandana that reads: fWo in the NWO style. So its FWO in a white framed square like the NWO logo was with kinda grafitti-ish i guess type font. Black and white of course. This time I definitely need the beard involved but Hogan Hollywood style so a blond handlebar mustache with a black beard. If it can be done he should be wearing a fWo logo sporting t-shirt or tank top.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

LAST BUT NOT LEAST DAN DALAY REQUEST!</p><p> </p><p>

This one is kinda a combination of request 1 and 3. This is Hogan 2000's WWE run inspired Dan DaLay. So he has got the blond handlebar mustache and black beard but instead of wearing the FWO colors of black and white I'd like him to sport a yellow bandana that says in red colored Hulkamania style font "DOOGAN STILL RULES!" if the word STILL can be done in black and the DOOGAN and RULES can be done red that would be awesome. If he could be sporting a pair of sunglasses great, if not, no problem. If you could also have 2 feathered boas over his shoulders that'd be great. one red, one yellow. if not, no problem. </p><p> </p><p>

OK, thank you! That's my Dan DaLay requests!</p><p> </p><p>

Next request!</p><p> </p><p>

BULLY BENRUBI if you can do him with KAMALA face paint that would be awesome!</p><p> </p><p>

ANIMAL HARKER can you give him PINK sunglasses ala bret hart 90's style the kind he'd give to kids in the front row.. and instead of a green facial hair can you do an extra long jim neidhart style chin piece? And if it can be done, can you feature a pink tank top with small black hearts across the chest?</p><p> </p><p>

i have a bunch more but im gonna just put those up for now and hope that someone is up for the task and helps me out and has fun in the process... i really appreciate it guys. thank you</p>

<p>SOCK PUPPET!!!! YOU ARE INCREDIBLE.</p><p>

I've been apart of GDS since the beginning, before that I was apart of .500 studios (home of the first TEW) and like other "old timers" here, also apart of the EWR days. I say that because as anyone would imagine being around that long you see lots of talented writers, artists and lots (probably more) of people with heart passion and commitment but just not having the artistic abilities to really put something out there of world class quality.</p><p> </p><p>

You my friend Sock Puppet are one of the special ones. Where have you been?? When did you get involved in GDS? Have you been around for a long time but didnt get into graphic design until recently perhaps??? Dude, you have some incredibly impressive talents. I am real greatful for your contributions there. I myself have been working hard on graphics and stuff and am hoping in a little while ill be able to launch a diary that will definitely be featuring the pics you contribute... especially those ones because I intend to have Ax Doogan as quite the important character. If you find time to tackle the other ones, I can't wait. There are a bunch that I have that i Intend to request real soon when i get a chance... the fact that those were done definitely encourage me towards making the rest of my requests. Again, thank you so much ! 10/10 ***** absolutely!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ramaeno" data-cite="Ramaeno" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27865" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>SOCK PUPPET!!!! YOU ARE INCREDIBLE.<p> I've been apart of GDS since the beginning, before that I was apart of .500 studios (home of the first TEW) and like other "old timers" here, also apart of the EWR days. I say that because as anyone would imagine being around that long you see lots of talented writers, artists and lots (probably more) of people with heart passion and commitment but just not having the artistic abilities to really put something out there of world class quality.</p><p> </p><p> You my friend Sock Puppet are one of the special ones. Where have you been?? When did you get involved in GDS? Have you been around for a long time but didnt get into graphic design until recently perhaps??? Dude, you have some incredibly impressive talents. I am real greatful for your contributions there. I myself have been working hard on graphics and stuff and am hoping in a little while ill be able to launch a diary that will definitely be featuring the pics you contribute... especially those ones because I intend to have Ax Doogan as quite the important character. If you find time to tackle the other ones, I can't wait. There are a bunch that I have that i Intend to request real soon when i get a chance... the fact that those were done definitely encourage me towards making the rest of my requests. Again, thank you so much ! 10/10 ***** absolutely!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks. Glad you like them. I got involved in the GDS games last year when I accidentally found Total Extreme Wrestling. From there, I found the GDS site, downloaded the TEW 2010 demo, joined the forum around July I think and bought the full game. I'm looking at the first render I did, Alexis Lee Littlefeather, and it's dated 1/14/2011 so I've been doing this for a little more than 5 months.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gigas" data-cite="Gigas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27865" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Im so using this for Big Smack Scott.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> sock already re-rendered Big Smack Scott with a Hogan look <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1402005&postcount=2607" rel="external nofollow">here</a></p>

By request:

Bully Benrubi

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l98/da_kine_brah/Renders/BullyBenrubi.jpg

I just wanted to stop by and say that your render work is amazing at the moment sir.

However I've been wondering to say it or not for a while but your renders all seem to have the slight flaw of a light "halo" effect that appears on the border of the character. I have very little experience with rendering programs so I apologise if this information turns out to be false, but I seem to have a recollection that someone else talked about this trouble a while back and said that the simple fix for it was to import the blue background into the render program and take the picture then rather than do it afterwards in a different graphics program. Perhaps other renderers out there could lend further info on this subject?

I just wanted to stop by and say that your render work is amazing at the moment sir.

However I've been wondering to say it or not for a while but your renders all seem to have the slight flaw of a light "halo" effect that appears on the border of the character. I have very little experience with rendering programs so I apologise if this information turns out to be false, but I seem to have a recollection that someone else talked about this trouble a while back and said that the simple fix for it was to import the blue background into the render program and take the picture then rather than do it afterwards in a different graphics program. Perhaps other renderers out there could lend further info on this subject?

That's one way of doing it. The other is to render on a black background and save as a PNG. :)

This was also brought up in the CBH forum as well (due to the "halo" making it really difficult to apply stroke effects to a character). One suggestion was to render the images at a really large size, so that when you shrink it down for the placement on a background in another program (e.g., photoshop) the effect will be effectively removed.

This was also brought up in the CBH forum as well (due to the "halo" making it really difficult to apply stroke effects to a character). One suggestion was to render the images at a really large size, so that when you shrink it down for the placement on a background in another program (e.g., photoshop) the effect will be effectively removed.

As far as I know the white halo will remain even when reducing the size (see ewanite's very, very earliest renders for example). It's just with a black background the halo is virtually non existent so when you reduce the size it is eliminated. Unless you are rendering a full scene, it's always worth rendering to a black background, regardless of what you are putting behind the image, for this reason.

The other problem is that I suspect (although I must admit I'm guessing) that with his lighting, sockpuppet's renders take a while. Doubling their size will only mean longer rendering times.

As far as I know the white halo will remain even when reducing the size (see ewanite's very, very earliest renders for example). It's just with a black background the halo is virtually non existent so when you reduce the size it is eliminated. Unless you are rendering a full scene, it's always worth rendering to a black background, regardless of what you are putting behind the image, for this reason.

Wow. So some sort of bg has to be used regardless? I have to admit that is completely bananas that this happens at all. I'm pretty much gobsmacked that Daz's default functionality is to make the notion of saving a transparent image practically pointless (considering that the idea of saving something with no bg is because you only want the character and nothing more).

/rant over.

Ah well, I expect it's something which can be altered in options, otherwise it'd alienate a whole sect of 3D artists who composite to 3rd party applications, but who knows how that's achieved. Quick scouring of the forums didn't turn up anything, unfortunately :/

Wow. So some sort of bg has to be used regardless? I have to admit that is completely bananas that this happens at all. I'm pretty much gobsmacked that Daz's default functionality is to make the notion of saving a transparent image practically pointless (considering that the idea of saving something with no bg is because you only want the character and nothing more).

/rant over.

Ah well, I expect it's something which can be altered in options, otherwise it'd alienate a whole sect of 3D artists who composite to 3rd party applications, but who knows how that's achieved. Quick scouring of the forums didn't turn up anything, unfortunately :/

You need the background to have a colour, but you can save the image as a PNG. By default your background is white, but you can change the colour or use an image. Save as a PNG and the 'background' will then be invisible, although there is a halo based on the colour of the backround. You can also have background images (such as an explosion, a space scene) that will also disappear when saving as a PNG. These types of images usually leave a multicolored halo, for obvious reasons. Any 3D objects in the scene (such as walls, cars, spaceships) aren't considered background, by the way, regardless of where they lie. So saving a render of a man stood in front of a model of a wall as a PNG would still give you an image file of a man stood in front of a wall. A PNG export of a man stood in front of a background image set to a photo of a wall would appear as the man only. I hope that makes it more clear.

In almost all situations a black background will present no problems - you will see no halo regardless of what your PNG is placed over. Selecting the rendered PNG will select the image itself and includes no halo. So far, I have found that it's only adding a stroke effect that can become a bit difficult. Still, my workaround gives exactly the same intended result.

The way I see it, DAZ is a free program and it's bound to have it's flaws, this just happens to be one of them.

You need the background to have a colour, but you can save the image as a PNG. By default your background is white, but you can change the colour or use an image. Save as a PNG and the 'background' will then be invisible, although there is a halo based on the colour of the backround. You can also have background images (such as an explosion, a space scene) that will also disappear when saving as a PNG. These types of images usually leave a multicolored halo, for obvious reasons. Any 3D objects in the scene (such as walls, cars, spaceships) aren't considered background, by the way, regardless of where they lie. So saving a render of a man stood in front of a model of a wall as a PNG would still give you an image file of a man stood in front of a wall. A PNG export of a man stood in front of a background image set to a photo of a wall would appear as the man only. I hope that makes it more clear.

In almost all situations a black background will present no problems - you will see no halo regardless of what your PNG is placed over. Selecting the rendered PNG will select the image itself and includes no halo. So far, I have found that it's only adding a stroke effect that can become a bit difficult. Still, my workaround gives exactly the same intended result.

The way I see it, DAZ is a free program and it's bound to have it's flaws, this just happens to be one of them.

To be fair, its free'ness is also key to its successful, transactional business model, so I wouldn't say they're completely off the hook ;)

I'm not really lamblasting them as such, I'm just more confused than anything. Given the otherwise quality of their software, it's quite shocking (to me) that they'd put aside the idea that compositing and manipulating images in post is practically expected nowadays, just as much so as people are used to getting true transparency from their .png files.

(After looking on the Daz forums it seems as though users are also having issues with black bgs too (although I don't doubt that it works for our TEW purposes), and to be entirely safe users should render on a bg that matches what they expect to be the final output... eek)

Oh, and your renders are looking amazing sockpuppet!

Thank you everyone for the suggestions! I always save my renders as .pdf files but I'm going to start rendering on a black background and see if that changes anything.

One thing i suspect that's contributing to the white halo is my lighting as I use something like a 150% or 200% intensity backlight. :)

One thing i suspect that's contributing to the white halo is my lighting as I use something like a 150% or 200% intensity backlight. :)

I don't think it matters - you should be fine after switching to a black background. And I'll agree with Crayon, your renders are fantastic sockpuppet.

To be fair, its free'ness is also key to its successful, transactional business model, so I wouldn't say they're completely off the hook ;)

I'm not really lamblasting them as such, I'm just more confused than anything. Given the otherwise quality of their software, it's quite shocking (to me) that they'd put aside the idea that compositing and manipulating images in post is practically expected nowadays, just as much so as people are used to getting true transparency from their .png files.

(After looking on the Daz forums it seems as though users are also having issues with black bgs too (although I don't doubt that it works for our TEW purposes), and to be entirely safe users should render on a bg that matches what they expect to be the final output... eek)

Oh, and your renders are looking amazing sockpuppet!

It'll be to do with DAZ's handling of anti-aliasing or something boring and technical like that, probably. Whether the problem exists in Poser I couldn't say, but because it is a more powerful program it seems to be the artist's choice (with hobbyists sticking to DAZ). A generalisation of course, but I suspect if we were paying Poser prices for DAZ then it would have been fixed. :D

Jaime Quine

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l98/da_kine_brah/Renders/JaimeQuine.jpg

I've wanted to do this character for a while and now that she's finished, I think I'm in love. ;)

She's a composite of Sarah Stock, Michelle Trachtenberg and Shakira.

Archived