Official TV Show Discussion Thread

GatorBait19

I was behind on Fringe's 4th season, so i finally began watching it last night...

Holy crap! "One Night in October", (4x02) is one of the best espisodes i've seen on tv in recent years. That was amazing...I can't remember the last time an episode touched me like that. It has an amazing storyline, and amazing because it teaches us a beautiful lesson that we all know, but sometimes forget. And it does it in a suttle way, without being corny. And it has amazing performances by Ana Torv, John Noble and the guest star John Pyper-Ferguson. Pyper-Ferguson makes, in my opinion, the best guest star appearance of the whole series. And we're talking about a series that already had some great guest stars, including Leonard Nimoy. Uau, what an episode!

Right now I really like the American version of Being Human (The current season of the English version kind of stinks in my opinion.), I love how it has diverged enough from the English version to make it, its own show. However, it is still close enough to the original.

I think that was the mistake that was made with our version of Life on Mars, it was just too close to the English version. Yes they made it more American but as someone who watched both shows the American version was pretty much a carbon copy of the English show for the most part.

I am also really into Lost Girl, it has a Buffy vibe to me and the Kenzi character has really grown on me after finding her annoying in the first episode (I am not sure if it is because she sounds a lot like Sara Underwood and that chick annoys the crap out of me.).

Also, I have to say that Grimm is a really good show as well. It sucks that it has to be on at the same time as Supernatural and Fringe so usually I have to watch it OnDemand but it is still great.

Not sure if I've ever mentioned this show here before or not...but has anyone ever heard of/seen Underbelly?

Incredible crime drama from Australia, which closely follows true events of the Melbourne gang wars of 1995-2004. Great cast, great story, great music. Ticks all the boxes really...think it went under the radar being from Australia, but well worth a watch for crime-drama fans.

When I'm bored, I tend to pick a show that is considered "must-watch," and, well, watch it. Fast. I run marathons where I can go through in an entire series in about a week. The last two months have included:

- Mad Men

- Homeland

- Justified

- Boardwalk Empire

All 4 shows were incredible, and have now been added to my series manager on my DVR. I'm currently watching S02E04 of Dexter. This will join them soon.

I guess when you're unemployed, you've got a hell of a lot of time to kill.

Not sure if I've ever mentioned this show here before or not...but has anyone ever heard of/seen Underbelly?

Incredible crime drama from Australia, which closely follows true events of the Melbourne gang wars of 1995-2004. Great cast, great story, great music. Ticks all the boxes really...think it went under the radar being from Australia, but well worth a watch for crime-drama fans.

Ive met Roberta Willliams and i can tell you shes acts or sound nothing like her character in the show.

If you liked this Underbelly. I think there are 2 other seasons and i think 3 tv movies also, reganding other underworld events in australian history.

Ive met Roberta Willliams and i can tell you shes acts or sound nothing like her character in the show.

If you liked this Underbelly. I think there are 2 other seasons and i think 3 tv movies also, reganding other underworld events in australian history.

Yeah I've got the lot on my lappy. Watched Underbelly in one go last year, just started watching it again last night and am gonna go though everything over the next month as I'm travelling a lot! Can't wait.

I've come to he conclusion that Netflix gives very bad suggestions.

I started watching Switched at Birth, and I have Being human on Insta queue.

One of the suggested movies was called Bedways? Has anyone heard of this. After doing some looking online I doubt it's something I'd be interested in. Well quite frankly I won't be interested in it, but maybe some of you guys will.

Have fun with it.

I've come to he conclusion that Netflix gives very bad suggestions.

I started watching Switched at Birth, and I have Being human on Insta queue.

One of the suggested movies was called Bedways? Has anyone heard of this. After doing some looking online I doubt it's something I'd be interested in. Well quite frankly I won't be interested in it, but maybe some of you guys will.

Have fun with it.

Yep, it does that. But give it time, on occasion it gives you a gem. That one however, is a real doozy.

• 3 weeks later...
Netflix has a deal to show 6 (or 8; can't remember which) new episodes that will update what the Bluths are up to now and then the long awaited AD movie will follow that.

That's good news. I never got into Arrested Development before, I would see it on tv years ago and not get it because I had not watched it from the beginning so it made little sense to me. Just started on the whole series from episode one in the last month or two and it's a pretty good show.

Aside from that I am watching Archer.

I've been losing interest in a lot of shows though. Got a season or two into Breaking Bad before I stopped watching, Californication lost me somewhere last season, Community has always been hanging on by a thread but I just flatout forgot it existed for a while and not gone back to it, even stopped watching Eastbound and Down midway through the most recent series. I'll probably go back to that but .... yeah. Most shows are just losing my interest.

I started watching Arrested Development just as something to do, saw all three seasons (at the point their was only 3) in about a month, really good. IMO it's better then two and a half man.

Everything's better than Two and a half men :-)

Arrested Development was brilliant in concept and was a bit ahead of it's time. New season coming out on netflix eventually :-)

Just got into Breaking Bad, marathon-ing through second season.

What the hell took me this long...

I know what you mean - discovered this show a couple of months ago and just finished the fourth season this week. Incredible show.

The season four finale was amazing, can't wait to see where they go with the final season.

I watch lots of TV Shows. East Bound & Down, Californication, Weeds, Shameless, Boardwalk Empire, The Walking Dead, Ax Men, Gold Rush, Dual Survival, Deadliest Catch, The Apprentice, Survivor, Big Brother, Bar Rescue, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, anything to do with MMA, and many other shows, believe it or not. I overuse my DVR.

I have only seen the first season of Breaking Bad so far so please no spoilers. :)

I hate when I start to get into a TV series and then they cancel it. Damn the man! :(

I know what you mean - discovered this show a couple of months ago and just finished the fourth season this week. Incredible show.

The season four finale was amazing, can't wait to see where they go with the final season.

The best part of the last season was Giancarlo Esposito as Gus Fring. The character is such a stark departure from all of the other stuff I have watched him in (Do the Right Thing and Homicide) who would have thought he could play a badass so welll.

The Apprentice, Survivor, Big Brother

Glad to see someone else admit to watching those shows.:D What do you think about this season of Survivor? I think it is Kim's game to take if she makes it to the finals.

Glad to see someone else admit to watching those shows.:D What do you think about this season of Survivor? I think it is Kim's game to take if she makes it to the finals.

Yeah, Kim is very good and she runs the island but I think her friend Chelsea has done less people wrong so if she makes the top 2 with Kim, I think they would vote for Chelsea. The girls really outsmarted the boys this season... but thank god that Colton guy got off the show... I couldn't stand him.

For the Celebrity Apprentice I have to go with Clay because Lampanelli get's on my nerves and so does Aubrey. I was rooting for Penn and Dee from the beginning but unfortunetly they got the boot so now I am going for Clay or Arsenio but I don't think Arsenio is going to make it to the final two.

As for Big Brother, I can't wait for it to come back this summer and hopefuly they're doing all-stars this year. To me last year was a huge let down having to sit through more Brenchel. :mad:

Yeah, Kim is very good and she runs the island but I think her friend Chelsea has done less people wrong so if she makes the top 2 with Kim, I think they would vote for Chelsea. The girls really outsmarted the boys this season... but thank god that Colton guy got off the show... I couldn't stand him.

For the Celebrity Apprentice I have to go with Clay because Lampanelli get's on my nerves and so does Aubrey. I was rooting for Penn and Dee from the beginning but unfortunetly they got the boot so now I am going for Clay or Arsenio but I don't think Arsenio is going to make it to the final two.

As for Big Brother, I can't wait for it to come back this summer and hopefuly they're doing all-stars this year. To me last year was a huge let down having to sit through more Brenchel. :mad:

See I think the only way Kim could lose is if the nearly all male jury is bitter about how she played them all. It does seem to be the case that they very well could be. If that is true, I think that if either Chelsea or Sabrina make it to the finals they could very well win due to the jury being spiteful.

Yeah Colton and Alicia have to be two of the most vilest people I have ever seen on one of these show (And that is counting Evel Dick which is saying a lot.)

See I think the final two is going to be Arsenio and Clay. Because Trump tends to like all male finals and out of the people left I would say Arsenio has the most star power. Well Arsenio is not as big as he was in the late 80's early 90's but his name still means something.

Yeah now I have have to sit through a season of watching Brenchel on The Amazing Race. The sad thing is they are in the final four and they have a real good chance of winning the damn thing.

They added Season Four of Eureka to Netflix, so I'm watching that...god I hate the actress who plays Allison. She's so awful. So awful that it makes me angry that she's part of such a great show.

So I guess you are a huge fan of Salli Richardson-Whitfield?:p

I am kind of sad that this is the final season of Eureka, it is such a quality show. I guess all good things must come to an end though.