Official TV Show Discussion Thread

GatorBait19

Oh right, it's out now! Neat!

Is it as good as Daredevil?

I think it is, but it's a different genre really. Jessica Jones is a noir-psychological thriller. Krysten Ritter is perfect as Jessica. Mike Colter made a character I hate(Luke Cage) likable. David Tennant is creepy as hell.

<p>Just putting this is spoilers because I am not sure when it airs in other countries.</p><p> </p><p>

I saw <span style="color:#FFFFFF;">Glenn thing coming a mile away on The Walking Dead. I remember telling my friend that was how they were going to do it and he laughed and called me a moron.</span></p><p> </p><p>

Also, I have to admit that I was a tad shocked that Clara was killed off on Dr. Who. I mean I knew Jenna was leaving the show and all but I had read that her last episode was going to be this year's Christmas episode. I guess that was not the case.</p>

Anyone else watching Into the Badlands?

I'm a huge fan of Journey to the West and pretty much anything inspired by it. It's a very loose adaptation, but it's pretty awesome so far.

Sunny(Daniel Wu) is a fun character who is a giant bad ass. Very cool character. I'm guessing his name is inspired by Sun Wukong/Son Goku from Journey to the West.

MK has a dark secret. The kid's acting isn't the greatest, but it isn't so bad that it takes away from the show. I'm guessing his name is meant to be a reference the Monkey King(Sun Wukong).

Also, The Widow(Emily Beecham) is drop dead gorgeous. Pun definitely intended.

• 3 months later...

Noone's discussing Daredevil S2 yet? :eek:

I liked it a lot. More than S1, actually. I felt the additions of a few more big-name players worked very well. I felt a bit let down by the "big reveals" near the end, but really enjoyed the season overall.

The way Netflix and Marvel are partnering up, I keep my fingers crossed for many more shows for years to come. They're currently delivering the strongest superhero TV shows there is, making stuff like Agents of SHIELD look outright embarrassing in comparison. Fingers crossed for Punisher, Cloak & Dagger, Blade and Moon Knight!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bigtplaystew" data-cite="bigtplaystew" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="27929" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>They nailed the Punisher, man. He was fantastic.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, he was the star of the season. Caught myself rooting more for him than for Daredevil.</p>

Djee... Are there so many comic-related series at the moment? I can't watch all of them. :p

Right now I'm just watching Vikings S5, and it's good enough to watch. Seems to be 22 episodes too, so if you're wondering why it's going a little slow, that might be the reason.

I'm also watched Supergirl a month ago but I'm putting it on hold as it's a little too PG ("save the world and eat some pizza") for me. Good show, though. It's like Lois&Clark but better production values given the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand why The Walking Dead fans are so upset over not seeing who Negan offed in the final episode. I mean most shows end in a cliffhanger where we the fans do not know what happens until next season. I really do not see why this would be any different.

Is it that we live in an instant gratification culture where everyone expects to have stuff handed to them right away?

It is not like TWD has a long off cycle. Six months is not that bad, seeing how some shows are off an entire year nowadays.

I personally like the suspense of not knowing and from a storytelling perspective I think it is a great hook to keep people coming back.

I don't understand why The Walking Dead fans are so upset over not seeing who Negan offed in the final episode. I mean most shows end in a cliffhanger where we the fans do not know what happens until next season. I really do not see why this would be any different.

Is it that we live in an instant gratification culture where everyone expects to have stuff handed to them right away?

It is not like TWD has a long off cycle. Six months is not that bad, seeing how some shows are off an entire year nowadays.

I personally like the suspense of not knowing and from a storytelling perspective I think it is a great hook to keep people coming back.

I feel like I'm the only one defending it on the internet. But clearly 18 million plus viewers are still watching the show so it can't be that bad :confused:

This was my favorite season ever of TWD. The finale itself was tense and Negan was awesome. Take away the silly CGI blood splatter and it was perfect. The Negan scene was the payoff for Season 6B and also the setup for Negan as the big bad of Season 7.

I don't have a problem with it per se, but I did feel that Negan's "big speech" dragged on for too long without being particularly interesting. When they were captured, I was tense and on the edge of my seat - worried who he might kill. But after a while, going through his speech, I had changed to a "just kill *someone* already and be done with this crap" mood... for me, the meet with Negan ended up being anti-climatic and underwhelming. Sadly.

I loved Negan's speech. Was very welcomed on my end because I feel JDM absolutely nailed the role, as a comic reader. :D

Also want to note Jon Bernthal's Punisher was GREAT. Very well done on the character development both writing and acting wise. Directing also.

• 2 weeks later...

Jeffrey Dean Morgan was perfect as Negan, but the ending was just infuriating. Let's spend more than half a season building to one moment, having the cast hype the season finale like it's the most vile and violent thing since the Holocaust, and when it finally comes you have to wait 6 months to see what happened? That's just not good writing. It's insulting to the viewers. As a mid-season finale it wouldn't be too bad as the hook leading into the next half of the season, but ending an entire season on a note like that when the reveal is six months away is just idiotic.

Anyways, non-Walking Dead rant topics and why I initially came to the thread in the first place...

Has anyone seen The Frankenstein Chronicles and if so, how was it? I've always had a fascination with the Frankenstein lore and I love Sean Bean, so have been considering checking it out.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan was perfect as Negan, but the ending was just infuriating. Let's spend more than half a season building to one moment, having the cast hype the season finale like it's the most vile and violent thing since the Holocaust, and when it finally comes you have to wait 6 months to see what happened? That's just not good writing. It's insulting to the viewers. As a mid-season finale it wouldn't be too bad as the hook leading into the next half of the season, but ending an entire season on a note like that when the reveal is six months away is just idiotic.

Anyways, non-Walking Dead rant topics and why I initially came to the thread in the first place...

yea, that was my problem with it not the "Cliff hanger" but the clear bait and switch. Don't lie to your fan base the entire season and tell them that the Finale was "so crazy, i couldn't even stop crying because a key cast member dies!" and all this bull, then say "oh, we actually haven't even filmed it yet! lol Trollllliiiooio" when you want to milk it for ratings.

and expect the fan base to not be ticked. That's not clever or a cliff hanger. That's a straight bait and switch after lying to the fan base all year, and promoting something different than you delivered. There's a difference between making "a key member of the cast dies in the season finale guys, make sure you tune in!!" and failing to deliver and saying "you'll have to tune in and see what happens!".

Not helping that multiple actors, including one who died during the season, have come out and said they are full of it on the "we don't even know!"

There was a story on Io9 today that a actor who "died" but was around for the shoot told them he knows exactly who it is, and provided io9 proof on the condition it not be disclosed as they absolutely already filmed it, but can't reveal due to legal action. now seems that the initial story promoted by the show all season was true, and all this back tracking and "haven't even filmed it yet! who knows! tune in!" crud is false instead.

I think it is great that GOT has finally caught up and will surpass the books. I have felt that since the show has come on the air the people who have read the books sort of look down at the people who have only watched the television show (I sometimes get the same vibe off the comic book readers of TWD as well). Well now that is not the case, this is uncharted territory for all.

Also while I am on here. Did anyone else watch the Magicians on the Syfy channel? It was not what I was expecting and that is a very good thing. It turned into a very good show which did something that is very hard to do well and that is mix a sometimes dark subject matter with the right amount of humor.

I think it is great that GOT has finally caught up and will surpass the books. I have felt that since the show has come on the air the people who have read the books sort of look down at the people who have only watched the television show (I sometimes get the same vibe off the comic book readers of TWD as well). Well now that is not the case, this is uncharted territory for all.

I think it's horrible. Stupid Gurm and his glacial writing speed...

Oh well; at least the show guarantees we'll actually get an ending. At the rate George is going I'm not convinced he's ever going to finish the books.

Also while I am on here. Did anyone else watch the Magicians on the Syfy channel? It was not what I was expecting and that is a very good thing. It turned into a very good show which did something that is very hard to do well and that is mix a sometimes dark subject matter with the right amount of humor.

If the leaks for ''The Red Woman'' are true, Dorne is going to be a trainwreck of a ride this season.

Oh well; at least the show guarantees we'll actually get an ending. At the rate George is going I'm not convinced he's ever going to finish the books.

The Winds of Winter will be released for sure...as for A Dream of Spring, you might be right.

The Winds of Winter will be released for sure...as for A Dream of Spring, you might be right.

Yeah, I figure Winds will come out at some point before the show ends (for good, not for this season.) Who knows how long Dream will take, and given the pace of Dance with Dragons I'm skeptical that he'll even be able to wrap the story up in two books. He's really lost control of the story after A Storm of Swords IMO.

I thought it was a little funny when the Beatles producer George Martin passed away earlier this year that the GOT fans were freaking out because they confused him with George R.R. Martin. All I kept on seeing was, "Great now the books will never be finished."