Official TV Show Discussion Thread

GatorBait19

Not a hot take at all but The Sopranos is the best TV show ever made.

Watched the Loki finale today. I think it was my favorite of the MCU shows so far. Maybe not quite reaching the highs of WandaVision, but the pacing was much better and it brought everything home more effectively.

Just finished season three of Final Space and holy moly, what an intense season. It was darker and more serious than the first two seasons, but still has charm.

If you haven't seen Final Space, highly recommend checking it out. At first glance it's a goofy comedy about a loser with a heart of gold, but it ends up turning into an epic space opera with a lot of heart.

• 1 month later...

Finished the DuckTales reboot. Insanely good show. There's something for new fans and fans of the original DuckTales, Darkwing Duck, and even TaleSpin. It's packed full of likable characters, great storytelling, some fun surprises, and over all just a fun time.

Almost finished with season two of What We Do In The Shadows and it's an absolute treat. I hate that it took me so long to watch it. So many great cameos. Wesley the Daywalker had me in tears.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Watched the show Heels on Starz, and I thought it was pretty great. A solid show about wrestling. CM Punk showed up in a couple of episodes, and Mick Foley was in one as well. I liked it.

Now, I've signed up for HBO Max, and I've started watching The Outsider. I'm all the way up to episode 8 so far. I've enjoyed that very much so far.

Now, I've signed up for HBO Max, and I've started watching The Outsider. I'm all the way up to episode 8 so far. I've enjoyed that very much so far.

I know you like sci-fi, but I don't recall you saying how you feel about superhero stuff. But if you like that sort of stuff as well, check out Titans. It is very good, much better than any of the CW DC shows. Though I have to admit I like Stargirl and The Flash.

Doom Patrol isn't bad but for me, it is really hit and miss. I mean I want to like it because I like the cast and think they all do a great job, but some of the episodes are just too strange even for me and that is saying a lot.

I know you like sci-fi, but I don't recall you saying how you feel about superhero stuff. But if you like that sort of stuff as well, check out Titans. It is very good, much better than any of the CW DC shows. Though I have to admit I like Stargirl and The Flash.

Doom Patrol isn't bad but for me, it is really hit and miss. I mean I want to like it because I like the cast and think they all do a great job, but some of the episodes are just too strange even for me and that is saying a lot.

I also suggest Titans. Haven't seen the current season yet, but it's very good.

Also, not sure if it's still on Max, but Swamp Thing is incredible. Derek Mears plays Swampy and he's perfect. Sadly only one season was made and it ends on a post credit cliffhanger, but it's a fun horror drama.

I also suggest Titans. Haven't seen the current season yet, but it's very good.

Also, not sure if it's still on Max, but Swamp Thing is incredible. Derek Mears plays Swampy and he's perfect. Sadly only one season was made and it ends on a post credit cliffhanger, but it's a fun horror drama.

I like super heroes all right. Not as much as some, but to an extent. I enjoyed Agents of SHIELD a lot, and I've liked most Batman and Spider-Man things I've seen. I haven't really gotten to deep into the Marvel cinematic universe for whatever reason, though I have enjoyed what I have seen.

I'll give Titans a try.

I remember watching a Swamp Thing show WAY back in the day when I was a kid, so I'd be willing to give a new one a chance as well, (I'm assuming by the post that there's a new one, I've let myself get quite a bit out of the loop.)

I like super heroes all right. Not as much as some, but to an extent. I enjoyed Agents of SHIELD a lot, and I've liked most Batman and Spider-Man things I've seen. I haven't really gotten to deep into the Marvel cinematic universe for whatever reason, though I have enjoyed what I have seen.

I'll give Titans a try.

I remember watching a Swamp Thing show WAY back in the day when I was a kid, so I'd be willing to give a new one a chance as well, (I'm assuming by the post that there's a new one, I've let myself get quite a bit out of the loop.)

Titans isn't like normal TV superhero stuff to be honest. It's dark and gritty, but there's a lot of heart. The only thing that bums me out about it is now I know we have been robbed of Iain Glen as Bruce Wayne/Batman in his prime. Iain plays the character so damn well.

The Swamp Thing series I mentioned is new yes. It came out within the last few years, but it went way way over budget so it got cancelled. It has very good effects, a lot of which that are practical effects. The cast and writing is great.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I binged Hulu's M.O.D.O.K. show and while I'd hesitate to shout its praises from the rooftops, I still found it to be a fun watch. The first episode should give you a good idea whether or not you'll enjoy it.

Side note: Ben Schwartz seems to only be able to play the annoying kid character and I'm steadily growing to hate him.

I watched three episodes of MODOK and hated it. The trailers looked promising, but man, MODOK is such a stupid character to begin with and the humor just never lands for me in this one.

I started an episode of Hit-Monkey but for some reason the animation was unnerving and I had to turn it off. I had smoked a little before hand, so that probably didn't help things.

I watched three episodes of MODOK and hated it. The trailers looked promising, but man, MODOK is such a stupid character to begin with and the humor just never lands for me in this one.

I started an episode of Hit-Monkey but for some reason the animation was unnerving and I had to turn it off. I had smoked a little before hand, so that probably didn't help things.

That's a shame. I had a feeling the show's humor wasn't going to land with everyone. I really need to start prefacing my comedy recommendations with "I genuinely enjoy crap like Mr. Nanny and Suburban Commando".

I'm really enjoying Wheel of Time, Hawkeye, Lost in Space, ST: Discovery, Komi Can't Communicate and Norsemen at the moment.

I'm waiting for the full season to come out so I can just binge it, but the previews for Wheel of Time have me stoked!