Fire Pro Wrestling Returns (PS2)

CQI13

The customization is a bit... deep. Possibly TOO deep, if that's even possible. It can be an ongoing project to get a worker JUST how you want them, and the menus aren't exactly user friendly thus adding to the issue.

That said, it can be a very, very fun game. I honestly enjoy the gameplay more than the SvR series, as it feels like a challenge and more importantly an actual pro-wrestling match. It can be difficult, so that's something to look out for.

But again, can be very fun. And the customization is off the charts if you can suck it up and learn how to do it all. There's definately a few things current wrestling games could learn from it, but they probably never will.

What can you expect?

Quite possibly the greatest wrestling game ever made, at least from a game engine standpoint. And I have to disagree about complexity...I play on high difficulties and find it very enjoyable.

It's that, or No Mercy. Smackdown is utter garbage compared to the Fire Pro games.

Customization is indeed deep, and because of that you can get some slick models down with solid precision.

Gameplay isn't to my liking but I do have to give credit where it's due, relies a lot on timing. Can create rings, promotions and such.. if you're really a type of player on the deep end of customization, you'll love the game. If you kept close to the SmackDown! series and don't mind it, then well... it can vary.

I pretty much got a new PS2 just for this game, and created a ton of my own guys in there. Think I might have misjudged on the stats just a little bit - my guys all wrestle just like they're supposed to when I sim, but they beat the pre-set guys like 18 times out of 20. Somehow, I haven't gotten around to fixing this just yet.

Game's a blast though, to me.

:cool:

Yeah, all my CAWs were beasts until I started reading some of the in-depth guides and realized that out of a possible 300 ability points, most guys were in the 150-180 range, I think only a few crept up into the 200 range. So...my 250+ Jay Briscoe character was like Vader meets KENTA meets Hulk Hogan.

Bit of a bummer probably would be very expensive

You can look into importing a PS2... It's kind of silly to do that just to play one game, but it might even be cheaper than modding a system!

I'm not sure what kind of issues you'd have with the power cables or NTSC/PAL differences, though.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="petecrimson00" data-cite="petecrimson00" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28293" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>GREAT GAME! easy to get addicted to. its well worth the time though</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It is worth it. The matches you can have with two people that know how to play are phenominal.</p>

Archived