The Video Game Thread

Genadi

Just finished Deathloop a few days ago, and I loved it. I haven't been that invested in a video game for a long time. I dug the atmosphere. I dug the puzzle of building to the endgame. I loved how I could play like an absolutely coward and still beat a 1st person shooting game. I'm far too terrible at video games to ever want to play multiplayer online, but this was my absolute jam.

There's a Switch eshop sale going  on and I picked up the complete edition of This War is Mine as well as Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and the newest Toejam and Earl game. 

My Switch collection now comes to:
Nexomon+Nexomon Extinction
Skyrim
TMNT Shredder's Revenge
Doom Eternal
CrossCode
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond
Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
This War of Mine: Complete Edition
Toe Jam and Earl: Back in the Groove

Any other games I should be on the look out for?

5 hours ago, Jaysin said:

There's a Switch eshop sale going  on and I picked up the complete edition of This War is Mine as well as Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and the newest Toejam and Earl game. 

My Switch collection now comes to:
Nexomon+Nexomon Extinction
Skyrim
TMNT Shredder's Revenge
Doom Eternal
CrossCode
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond
Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
This War of Mine: Complete Edition
Toe Jam and Earl: Back in the Groove

Any other games I should be on the look out for?

If you haven't yet played Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time, I definitely recommend you checking it out.

I've just started a new multi-player game on Grounded now that the full release is here (I'm a big kid - who cares 😁). It's enjoyable, but anyone who thinks it is a casual game is wrong. Still not built any bases - but I like games where a big part is exploration. 

I'm also attempting to get through my 400+ digital back catalogue of games I've bought that have sat there since buying them. Some I bought 4 or 5 years ago in sales and not touched yet. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2000160/Music_Store_Simulator/
Been playing this after the Fest event. Found this demo and being a guitar player, I'm obsessed. The demo lets you work on 3 guitars limited to one in-game day of play. The 3 are randomly created with each new game. The demo may get old to someone who doesn't care about guitars, but keep in mind this is a VERY early stage. They plan on adding acoustics, basses, amps and more. Detailed enough, but not too hard for a non-musician. Great graphics. Also, the company is very hands-on and quick to respond. I've had some suggestions and bugs and all were responded to within the same day or the next day at the latest.

Edited by djskeemask

2 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Are any of those on Switch? That's what I'm looking for per my post...

They are not, no matter how much MFL 2 and MHL being on Switch would be amazing. I'm also 99% sure that The Wrestling Code is the next Pro Wrestling X considering they bothered to have a roster reveal before actually having a functioning game. That was a year ago and they're still only releasing "tech demo" footage that's mostly cutscenes and making big promises about totally unnecessary features like "every wrestler will have unique animations" instead of, y'know, making the game play well.

As for games that are actually on Switch and on sale currently, I cannot recommend Metroid Dread enough.

Edited by The Swanton825

11 hours ago, Fleisch said:

I've just started a new multi-player game on Grounded now that the full release is here (I'm a big kid - who cares 😁). It's enjoyable, but anyone who thinks it is a casual game is wrong. Still not built any bases - but I like games where a big part is exploration. 

I'm also attempting to get through my 400+ digital back catalogue of games I've bought that have sat there since buying them. Some I bought 4 or 5 years ago in sales and not touched yet. 

I've always been curious about this game. I loved Honey, I Shrunk The Kids when I was a kid. Curious if this game will scratch that nostalgia itch for those movies? Props for still being a kid. I am too brother.

46 minutes ago, djskeemask said:

I've always been curious about this game. I loved Honey, I Shrunk The Kids when I was a kid. Curious if this game will scratch that nostalgia itch for those movies? Props for still being a kid. I am too brother.

I was discussing phobias with a co-worker the other day, and they were telling me how seeing the movie It as a child gave them a lifelong fear of clowns. I pondered where my lifelong fear of gigantic insects came from.

It was probably that damn movie. 

58 minutes ago, djskeemask said:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2000160/Music_Store_Simulator/
Been playing this after the Fest event. Found this demo and being a guitar player, I'm obsessed. The demo lets you work on 3 guitars limited to one in-game day of play. The 3 are randomly created with each new game. The demo may get old to someone who doesn't care about guitars, but keep in mind this is a VERY early stage. They plan on adding acoustics, basses, amps and more. Detailed enough, but not too hard for a non-musician. Great graphics. Also, the company is very hands-on and quick to respond. I've had some suggestions and bugs and all were responded to within the same day or the next day at the latest.

This sounds right up my alley, as I like to play Car Mechanic Simulator even though I am not a car guy by any stretch of the imagination. Will check out the demo when I get home.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, falling_star said:

This sounds right up my alley, as I like to play Car Mechanic Simulator even though I am not a car guy by any stretch of the imagination. Will check out the demo when I get home.

Love CMS! I own 2018 and 2021 and pretty much every mod from both workshops. Music Store is right along those lines. Just keep in mind it is in VERY early development. Painting is a chore. But my griping about it has caused them to consider a skill system for it or get to a certain percentage to unlock a 'paint all' button. Any questions on the game, hit me up. I've played through the demo about 6 times now. You can work on 3 customers building a guitar for them from the ground up, but you only have one day in-game in the demo.

Hoping that someone can help me as my Google-Fu is failing me. 

Has anyone played Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2? I bought the base game and I'm trying to figure out which DLC packs to buy, but there's so many and I can't tell if there's any crossover. Some are called Super Packs while others are Ultra or something. I want to wait to play the game until I have all the DLC so I can experience the whole game at once, but the way the DLC in the Nintendo eShop is, it's really hard for me to navigate for some reason. 

12 hours ago, djskeemask said:

That's why I started playing because I remember seeing that movie in the cinema as a kid. I wouldn't say it scratched a nostalgia itch for me (it may do for you), but it certainly is like nothing else I've played really in terms of the setting.

It's difficult enough on Mild early game on your own, but you can raise the difficulty if you are finding it too easy (I tend to stick to Medium). It's difficult with friends, but on your own it can be damn near impossible on Whoa difficulty. Especially if you wander off into the harder parts of the garden without having the right equipment.

I have had it since the first game preview release on Xbox and the work they have done to this is great (but then would you expect any less from Obsidian). Improvement after improvement, addition after addition. They listened to the community and it shows. They still do, as they nerfed a few weapons/mutations in the latest patch that were way overpowered and kind of ruined playing.

8 hours ago, Fleisch said:

That's why I started playing because I remember seeing that movie in the cinema as a kid. I wouldn't say it scratched a nostalgia itch for me (it may do for you), but it certainly is like nothing else I've played really in terms of the setting.

It's difficult enough on Mild early game on your own, but you can raise the difficulty if you are finding it too easy (I tend to stick to Medium). It's difficult with friends, but on your own it can be damn near impossible on Whoa difficulty. Especially if you wander off into the harder parts of the garden without having the right equipment.

I have had it since the first game preview release on Xbox and the work they have done to this is great (but then would you expect any less from Obsidian). Improvement after improvement, addition after addition. They listened to the community and it shows. They still do, as they nerfed a few weapons/mutations in the latest patch that were way overpowered and kind of ruined playing.

I watched a couple videos on youtube yesterday. Looks interesting. IDK if I'm sold on buying it.

14 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Hoping that someone can help me as my Google-Fu is failing me. 

Has anyone played Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2? I bought the base game and I'm trying to figure out which DLC packs to buy, but there's so many and I can't tell if there's any crossover. Some are called Super Packs while others are Ultra or something. I want to wait to play the game until I have all the DLC so I can experience the whole game at once, but the way the DLC in the Nintendo eShop is, it's really hard for me to navigate for some reason. 

Sorry for the double post but I missed this last night. The Super, Extra and Ultra packs are confusingly named on purpose because Bandai Namco are greedy as hell but they're similar to different "seasons" of DLC. So what should get you everything is the Super Pass, Extra Pass, the Ultra Pack Set, the Legendary Pack Set and the Conton CIty Vote Pack. The passes and sets combine the 2-4 DLCs with the same name.

1 hour ago, The Swanton825 said:

Sorry for the double post but I missed this last night. The Super, Extra and Ultra packs are confusingly named on purpose because Bandai Namco are greedy as hell but they're similar to different "seasons" of DLC. So what should get you everything is the Super Pass, Extra Pass, the Ultra Pack Set, the Legendary Pack Set and the Conton CIty Vote Pack. The passes and sets combine the 2-4 DLCs with the same name.

Fantastic. I'll have to wait until next payday to pick them up. 

In the mean time I've been playing Coromon and it's a treat. I chose the fire turtle Toruga as my starter and it's been a blast. 

Also started This War of Mine, but haven't gotten very far. I need to try and focus on one game at a time tho.

5 hours ago, The Swanton825 said:

The passes give you access to certain multiple dlcs. You have to do some reading, at least on Steam it took me some reading to figure what to get. To help, The Legendary Pack Set will get you Legendary Pack 1 & 2. The Ultra Pack Set will get you Ultra Pack 1-4, The Extra Pass will get you Extra Pack 1-4, The Super Pass will get you Super Pack 1-4. There are 2 music DLCs that are not worth the price unless you have the extra cash and are a major fan of the whole series. They are 15 bucks a piece on Steam.

Edited by djskeemask

On 10/14/2022 at 5:38 PM, djskeemask said:

Love CMS! I own 2018 and 2021 and pretty much every mod from both workshops. Music Store is right along those lines. Just keep in mind it is in VERY early development. Painting is a chore. But my griping about it has caused them to consider a skill system for it or get to a certain percentage to unlock a 'paint all' button. Any questions on the game, hit me up. I've played through the demo about 6 times now. You can work on 3 customers building a guitar for them from the ground up, but you only have one day in-game in the demo.

Man, I've tried to play it three times now, and each time it crashed my system so hard I had to use the power button to reset. Sad face.

24 minutes ago, falling_star said:

Man, I've tried to play it three times now, and each time it crashed my system so hard I had to use the power button to reset. Sad face.

Could just be a setting thing. I have played through the whole in-game day about 6 or 7 times now with only 1 graphical bug on one guitar. Report your problem on Steam or their Discord. They usually get back to me the same day or the next. What are your system specs?