Fave C-Verse non-competitors

We've all acknowledged our favorite ring talents but I've seen little discussion of the support staff. Announcers, commentators, refs, all those guys. You have any support characters you mark out for and tend to support?

My big one is Rob Perkins. Whenever I start up a new training fed game, I always hire Perkins on as my charter ref. For two reasons. 1: His render stands out to me because he bears a striking resemblence to soap star Galen Gering (currently Rafe Hernandez on Days Of Our Lives). 2: In past versions of TEW, Perkins was one of the few refs who had a halfway decent personality.

I'm also a huge Pettle mark. It's all about the render to be fair. She may only be deemed to be of C Sex Appeal in the data. But man oh man would I love a girlfriend who looked like her IRL. It's not at all unusual for me to hire her on in training games when I start to grow a little creatively and need an interviewer or a competition committee rep.

In fact, I can be pretty loyal to the aging valets in general. Pettle may be favorite of the lesser valets. But I love bringing them in and making them commentators. In my last game of 08 I had both Nicola Halliwell and Julie Forletta D range over after stints in the booth. In my currently game, it's Eliza Buckley I've worked my magic on. Tried with Abi Romanov as well this game. But I'd made her the announcer while Buckley did commentary and that didn't work. And now that Buckley's contract is running out and not getting renewed, Romanov doesn't want to talk to me even though I'd love to have her back and put her in the commentary chair this time.

Could put Reese Paige in kind of the Pettle category. I usually prefer to polish veterans like Bob Casey into my road agents. But if I do hire one speciially, it Paige. She's talented, versatile and much finer than her C in Sex Appeal would suggest. I can't help it. She has an Alicia Silverstone kind of vibe to me. So between the cute factor and her versatility, she shows up in my games a lot.

We've all acknowledged our favorite ring talents but I've seen little discussion of the support staff. Announcers, commentators, refs, all those guys. You have any support characters you mark out for and tend to support?

Several characters appear in all my C-Verse games. First and foremost, Melanie Florence. In fact, I was shocked that Nevermore portrayed her in his MOSC diary almost exactly the same way I tend to in my games. Then there's Aurora and Bethany Hurst and Emma Evans and Rachel Dearheart and Simona Cox and Phoebe Plumridge (yes, I have a thing for English women. Must be the accent :p) who I always try to turn into top tier manager talents. Cheyenne, whose render strikes me. Similarly, Heather B and Jasmine Perlot get the love due to jtlant's re-renders. The same can be said for Julie Forletta (though I used her a lot previously). Chloe Dean, whose character I like. Krystyna, whose variety of renders I love. Monique because she's an unemployed boricua (major plus!) with a unique look (due to her height). Persephone, whose re-render Self knocked straight out of the park (jtlant did as well but I was going to use that one for Delirante :p) and who I tend to make my top heel manager more often than not. Vita is usually my top babyface manager. Elle is often a top choice of mine too (it hurt my heart to put her in EWA in the mod). If you look through my previous diaries, you're guaranteed to see Willow. From Mexico, I get Carolina, Delirante, Cuervo, Mercedes Gimenez, Gabriela Ortega, Jennifer Heat, and Lucia.

In 2010, several workers have really grown on me (much like a fungus), almost all from Australia. Ceri Dordevich, Rebecca Richey, Jaime G, Melissa Abernathy, Autumn Gleeson, Joy DeWitt, and Stephanie Drucker.

Heck, just look at my roster and you're bound to find my favorite non-wrestlers since, for the most part, I sign 'em all. I'd love Emmy if she wasn't an a-hole/locker room cancer.

Several characters appear in all my C-Verse games. First and foremost, Melanie Florence. In fact, I was shocked that Nevermore portrayed her in his MOSC diary almost exactly the same way I tend to in my games. Then there's Aurora and Bethany Hurst and Emma Evans and Rachel Dearheart and Simona Cox and Phoebe Plumridge (yes, I have a thing for English women. Must be the accent :p)

"The" accent?

...Snarky comments aside, I have come to love Mayhem Midden.

"The" accent?

...Snarky comments aside, I have come to love Mayhem Midden.

Yup. Because just like a Tennessean's accent is different from a Georgian, to most people, they're all just Southern accents. Drawing distinctions between regional accents when you don't know the regions involved, is probably a bad idea.

Sara Silver is the best for a lower level Fed. Besides for making a great color commentator, she also works really well as my Authority Figure/Commish. She pretty much single-handedly carries my angle ratings. I have started having her lead off my shows, with her announcing what the main event will be, etc. In many cases that is the only major angle I will have all show.

I've got a fondness for Davis Ditterich. He's a solid anoouncer that can also do colour work, which makes him hugely valuable to a start-up company with a low budget. Remmington Remus is another example of a good guy to start with, albeit on a lower level.

As for other non-wrestlers, Kristen Pearce nearly always turns up in my games, and I have a fondness for the two NOTBPW refs (can't think who they are off the top of my head) just for their moustaches.

My big thing, though, is keeping the same announce team for as long as possible. I've always had an attachment to announcers as 'The Voice of The Promotion', so unless there's a very good reason to change them I tend not to. For example, I won't change my colour guy for someone better unless people are underperforming, and the only instance I ever changed my announcer on 2k10 was 'cos he was a pain in the @ss.

Yup. Because just like a Tennessean's accent is different from a Georgian, to most people, they're all just Southern accents. Drawing distinctions between regional accents when you don't know the regions involved, is probably a bad idea.

This is the best guide to English accents I can find.

But staying on topic, I maintain a silly soft spot for Kyle Rhodes. Ilike the idea of a Colour Commentator who treats the matches as if they were competitive sporting events, and who doesn't even acknowledge the Face/Heel divide. Not that the last part is mentioned, it's just how I envisage him. It's just a sad thing that poor Kyle is so far beneath what his promotion needs.

My favorite announcer is Rock Downpour. He is solid and ultra reliable, especially for regional size feds I usually play, and I don't have to worry about upgrading him for years.

Managers/Valets I favor are Hotstuff Marie, Lisa Bowen, and currently Hannah Potter.

Hotstuff Marie was instrumental to a long running storyline in my CGC diary, and by the end of it, I was actually able to get A rated angles from her, even though CGC was still Cult.

Lisa Bowen just has the look of the spoiled daddy's girl, and makes a great lower level fed heel manager, despite her less than stellar charisma skills.

Hannah Potter has been a godsend to my current dynasty ever since SWF inexplicably let her go. Even with looks based angles watered down, her A* almost guarantees C level segments, and pairing her with the high menace monsters has given me some great segment ratings, as well as probably the most interesting storyline currently running in my dynasty.

My big thing, though, is keeping the same announce team for as long as possible. I've always had an attachment to announcers as 'The Voice of The Promotion', so unless there's a very good reason to change them I tend not to. For example, I won't change my colour guy for someone better unless people are underperforming, and the only instance I ever changed my announcer on 2k10 was 'cos he was a pain in the @ss.

Along these lines, I keep two of the three announcers the same, and rotate the third between people that will boost their abilities, and people that can use the Popularity gains. My charismatic jobbers tend to spend a couple weeks at the desk, before making way for the next in line, having gained some Popularity to drop to someone else, or simply to raise the grades of my squashes.

The main announcing duo, however, doesn't change unless absolutely necessary. I think of it similar to the three main stages of the last 25 years in the WWE/F. Gorilla Monsoon, Vince McMahon, and Jim Ross stayed in place for many years, while their broadcasts partners changed quite frequently. You get the benefits of trying something new, and freshening things up, while leaving the "voice of the company" in tact.

I'm fond of the Blonde Bombshell. More so in TEW08 when her popularity started off higher, but she still has a place in my heart. Usually I just use whatever non-wrestlers the promotion already has, and don't bother bringing in more. Not fond on characters I can't put in matches.

Remmington Remus (I always sign Rod too, the relationship helps backstage a lot) and Sara Silver are ALWAYS signed to be my announcer / colour team.

Managers I always seem to sign - Joy DeWitt, Jemma, Haley Buck, Lisa Bowen, Sweet Tabitha, and Gianna.

Reese Paige is always signed to be a road agent. She works for cheap and her ability always goes up.

Archived