~ Official Release ~ January 2001 "End of an Era"

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've noticed that a lot of your bios seem to be from 1997, making them extremely out of date. Like, for instance, Todd Pentigill's saying that he is an interview and sometimes announcer for the WWF when he is unemployed.

I'm really not too concerned about them, I know some people love up to date good bio's but it's far down the list of priorities when I mod. I do update them as I go but there will be some like this I'd imagine. If anyone wants to update them please do and send them to me seperately and I'll include them.

Steve Corino has 20000 per appearance contract with ECW, Paul E. sure was one hell of a businessman...

I've set a few guys in ECW with big amounts like that to reflect the fact that they were owed back pay of considerable sums.

So did you figure out a way of doing it or did to just decide it was fine

The best solution I could find is what I've posted in the main thread. Seems to work the best but haven't had any feedback on it yet.

What TV picture pack are people using? There wasn't one in the picture pack that came with this one. :(

The pic pack isn't a new one it's to be placed into the existing 2002 picture copied over old pics. If you haven't got the 2002 picture pack I can upload today.

I've set a few guys in ECW with big amounts like that to reflect the fact that they were owed back pay of considerable sums.

Well nobody else has big salaries. Nobody starts with over 900 per appearance, but Finnegan and Heyman with written deals.

I understand your take on this, but I edited it to default salary for Corino. If there were more workers and the salaries were somewhat reasonable, but still high enough to recoup past unpaid salaries.

hhh and chris jericho have bad chemistry as opponents i cant ever remember them having great matches but i'd say they would be avredge and jerry lawers colour skills are not up to match standards in road agent notes also cant help feel something is missing or off with wcw so if i dont know thats no use to you lol

Well nobody else has big salaries. Nobody starts with over 900 per appearance, but Finnegan and Heyman with written deals.

I understand your take on this, but I edited it to default salary for Corino. If there were more workers and the salaries were somewhat reasonable, but still high enough to recoup past unpaid salaries.

RVD should have but I fiddled around with his contract and forgot to add it back. That's fine I'm sure everyone makes some edits before starting. :)

First of all thanks for the work you did, not only this mod but all of your mods.

Luke Gallows / Festus is in the game twice as Dorian Deville and Deacon Deville.

Thanks dude, will fix for next update. For anyone wondering or wanting to delete one, Dorian Deville is the one to get rid off as he was an accidental import who hasn't been edited.

hhh and chris jericho have bad chemistry as opponents i cant ever remember them having great matches but i'd say they would be avredge and jerry lawers colour skills are not up to match standards in road agent notes also cant help feel something is missing or off with wcw so if i dont know thats no use to you lol

Jericho vs HHH bad chem isn't a preset chemistry but I'd say that's not too far off. To this day their WM match is one of the biggest let downs for me. I know they went on after the epic Rock/Hogan showdown but they just didn't seem to click at all.

I gave Lawler's charisma a bit of a bump but not by much.

If you find anything about WCW or spot anything please let me know :)

Well, I was just pointing that out because Stone Cold's description sticks out to me the most because it's outdated even for a game set in 2001! This is the second sentence of his description, as you might know. "Has just caught fire in the WWF after an intense feud with Bret Hart although recently hampered by a neck injury delivered by a wayward piledriver from Owen Hart." That is just unacceptable for a mod in 1999, let alone one in 2001! He did so much since 1997 other than having a feud with Bret Hart and getting injured by Owen Hart. World Championships, blah blah blah...

Well, I was just pointing that out because Stone Cold's description sticks out to me the most because it's outdated even for a game set in 2001! This is the second sentence of his description, as you might know. "Has just caught fire in the WWF after an intense feud with Bret Hart although recently hampered by a neck injury delivered by a wayward piledriver from Owen Hart." That is just unacceptable for a mod in 1999, let alone one in 2001! He did so much since 1997 other than having a feud with Bret Hart and getting injured by Owen Hart. World Championships, blah blah blah...

I'm really not too concerned about them, I know some people love up to date good bio's but it's far down the list of priorities when I mod. I do update them as I go but there will be some like this I'd imagine. If anyone wants to update them please do and send them to me seperately and I'll include them.

You know the time it took you to type that out and claim "That is just unacceptable for a mod in 1999, let alone one in 2001!" you probably could've written a bio for him, which I would've updated as I told you not only a post above. :rolleyes:

You know the time it took you to type that out and claim "That is just unacceptable for a mod in 1999, let alone one in 2001!" you probably could've written a bio for him, which I would've updated as I told you not only a post above. :rolleyes:

You know, I shouldn't have to do stuff like that to a mod. And I like how you just dismiss it like it's no problem. Well, some people like to get immersed, and when the bios are out-of-date, that really gets some people's goats, like me. I'm sorry it's not a big deal to you. If you're gonna act like that, though, then why are there even biographies in the first place? Why not just leave them all blank if you can't bother to take the time to make them current for the time? I know this is just a slightly updated version of your 1997 Screwjob mod, and it shows, but you could show at least a bit more effort in things that aren't agers or narratives. Sorry if I'm angry. In fact, the bios are one of the reasons why I surf through the Over 9000-verse and read their bios sometimes. Those ones are factual and funny at the same time. Yours are just outdated and blunt. They might not be in the 1997 mod, but that doesn't mean you can just transfer the workers from the 1997 mod to a 2001 mod, update their title lineages and call it a day. I don't wanna play a 2010 mod with bios from 2007 saying things like "Sheamus O'Shaunessey is still trying to break into the WWE" or something like that. Just like I don't wanna play a 2001 mod with bios from 1997 saying things like "Has just wrapped up an intense feud with Bret Hart and recently got injured by Owen Hart. Still fighting for that WWF Championship one day" or something like that. It's just a bit of a pet peeve of mine. May not be a big deal to you, but it is a MAJOR deal to some people. Like me. So, next time, like your 2004 mod, I don't wanna play it and have Ultimo Dragon's bio say anything like "His return to the ring is very much in doubt." Might be current in 1998 and 2001, but not in 2004, when he tripped up at WM19. [/rant]

You know, I shouldn't have to do stuff like that to a mod. And I like how you just dismiss it like it's no problem. [/rant]

Because it's not a problem, for me... or the vast majority of people who play the mod. No one's making you "do stuff like that to a mod", if it's that much of a pet peeve do something about, because I don't really intend to. For the third time I'll mention they list far down the line on my priority list.

[/rant]

Time it took you to write that, you could've written 4 or 5 bio's... if you wanted to of course.

You know, I shouldn't have to do stuff like that to a mod. And I like how you just dismiss it like it's no problem. Well, some people like to get immersed, and when the bios are out-of-date, that really gets some people's goats, like me. I'm sorry it's not a big deal to you. If you're gonna act like that, though, then why are there even biographies in the first place? Why not just leave them all blank if you can't bother to take the time to make them current for the time? I know this is just a slightly updated version of your 1997 Screwjob mod, and it shows, but you could show at least a bit more effort in things that aren't agers or narratives. Sorry if I'm angry. In fact, the bios are one of the reasons why I surf through the Over 9000-verse and read their bios sometimes. Those ones are factual and funny at the same time. Yours are just outdated and blunt. They might not be in the 1997 mod, but that doesn't mean you can just transfer the workers from the 1997 mod to a 2001 mod, update their title lineages and call it a day. I don't wanna play a 2010 mod with bios from 2007 saying things like "Sheamus O'Shaunessey is still trying to break into the WWE" or something like that. Just like I don't wanna play a 2001 mod with bios from 1997 saying things like "Has just wrapped up an intense feud with Bret Hart and recently got injured by Owen Hart. Still fighting for that WWF Championship one day" or something like that. It's just a bit of a pet peeve of mine. May not be a big deal to you, but it is a MAJOR deal to some people. Like me. So, next time, like your 2004 mod, I don't wanna play it and have Ultimo Dragon's bio say anything like "His return to the ring is very much in doubt." Might be current in 1998 and 2001, but not in 2004, when he tripped up at WM19. [/rant]

If it's such a problem for you, how about you use the editor and change it. That's what the editor is there for.

Well, now that you've pissed me off more than anyone else, and in an incredibly condescending way, playing any more of your mods is now so far down my priority list, that it's getting cut off by the end of the paper. You lost somebody that may have enjoyed your future mods. If only you LISTENED TO THE FANS. **** you.

And to the poster above, I shouldn't have to do what the creator of the mod should've done in the first place! Is that too hard for your thick skulls to understand? Lemme spell it out for ya: L-I-S-T-E-N T-O T-H-E F-A-N-S. If you don't start doing that, then you will be making mods for nobody, cause only pretentious jerks would play them, and I only see one in this topic. And it's not me. I try to reason. But when a modder can't do what should be done (hint: It's LISTENING TO THE FANS!), then he doesn't deserve players, downloads, or to make mods. Good luck, and good day to you, SIR.

Well, now that you've pissed me off more than anyone else, and in an incredibly condescending way, playing any more of your mods is now so far down my priority list, that it's getting cut off by the end of the paper. You lost somebody that may have enjoyed your future mods. If only you LISTENED TO THE FANS. **** you.

We wish you well on your future endeavours :)

Genadi is one of the best mod makers on the forums. Your opinion of him or his mods doesn't change that. He will continue to have fans.

The fact that you're getting so uptight about something so cosmetic and frivolous is just astounding to me.

Thanks for sticking around with the company in a jobber role, it should help some younger guys get over.

JaySticLe of YouTube lost overness in this segment. Jaysin gained overness in this segment. :p

Your troll posts are only going to get deleted. ;)

Thanks for sticking around with the company in a jobber role, it should help some younger guys get over.

JaySticLe of YouTube lost overness in this segment. Jaysin gained overness in this segment. :p

Your troll posts are only going to get deleted. ;)

I wish these forums had a signature option. That'd be mine for years to come :p

You know, when I saw this topic was called "End of an Era", I didn't know it'd be the end of Genadi's era...

(-) Genadi was penalized for hard drugs habit

(-) Genadi was penalized for being lazy

(-) Genadi was penalized for making a mod the extremely lazy way

(+) Genadi was awarded for making 100 (or more) narratives

(-) Genadi was penalized for most of them being filler

Alright, I'll stop. Truce?

It only works when I do it, watch....

JaySticLe of YouTube has changed his gimmick to "Troll", the gimmick change did not go over well ;)

You told me to **** off because I told you I wasn't intending on listening to you. There doesn't need to be a truce just for you to realise you've posted far too much in the thread of a mod you don't support.

Guys like this do wonders for the modding community.

Archived