~ Official Release ~ January 2001 "End of an Era"

yeah, it's the first thing I noticed when I started a game. Just replaced the angle file from an old saved game....

Yep, I had already booked a show unfortunately (and at a B my best yet). Fortunately none of the storylines had started so I just deleted and re-added them all again.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll update next version with that pic pack.

Let me know if everyone's having trouble getting a higher rating then B- booking as WWE. The midcarders may need a decent bump up in ent. skills I'm thinking if that's the case. The few shows I booked testing I was getting B and B+'s with no probs but I do know the data back to front.

Thanks very much everyone else for feedback, your notes will be included in next update also :)

I'll update next version with that pic pack.

Let me know if everyone's having trouble getting a higher rating then B- booking as WWE. The midcarders may need a decent bump up in ent. skills I'm thinking if that's the case. The few shows I booked testing I was getting B and B+'s with no probs but I do know the data back to front.

Thanks very much everyone else for feedback, your notes will be included in next update also :)

You mean angle pack right? :p Just remember to import the default storylines and angles into Sonfaro's pack first otherwise it won't make much sense.

Matches are fine grade-wise, you've just got to be really careful with angles I think. Had Regal vs. Austin and Angle vs. Malenko both got a B on free TV, for example. If you book like it's really 2001 (i.e. Austin vs. Triple H on RAW) then your match grades should be high enough to counteract the lower-rated angles (and even then they are usually in the C to B- range).

Other notes: there is an Andy Quildan and an Andrew Quildan, don't know if they are the same or not (Quildan doesn't strike me as being a very common surname) but I thought you might like to know. Jonathan Coachman isn't contracted to the WWF, but again I'm not 100% sure if he should be.

Once again, thank you Genadi for the time you put into giving something to the community. I don't speak for everyone, but I appreciate it.

I'm posting because I'm struggling to figure out what I'm supposed to do. I know a lot of TEW is figuring things out for yourself through trial and error but I'm drawing a blank so hopefully someone can help.

Playing as WCW, I deleted the @WCW narratives that was recommended. After a few plays and simulations, WCW seems to always drop to cult and always loses the TV shows. That's fine, and makes sense but I'm struggling with what the next step I'm supposed to take it.

As always, new TV negotiations are in February so I'm trying to bring Nitro back on air, anywhere that would pay me. But, since WCW is property of Time Warner, I can't get into negotiations with anyone besides their stations which are TBS and TNT, which are two networks WCW doesn't qualify to air on. The only other Time Warner owned station, HBO, requires you to be National sized, which will take at least six months to get a meeting with them since you always drop down to cult.

So I guess my question is...am I missing how I'm supposed to not have WCW die? They can't get a TV deal, without the TV deal it's going to be extremely hard to get back to National to even begin negotiations. After doing 3 Nitros, 3 Thunders, and the PPV, at the start of February WCW is usually about -1.8 million, and even farther in debt at the beginning of March. If I just run shows without TV deal, with the contracts they have...WCW is still just going to die, right?

My hope is that somebody can throw some water on my face and remind me how to play this game I guess lol or just bring to light the troubles I'm having and see if it needs to be looked at and changed.

Thanks again guys.

EDIT: After more simming, it seems WCW can stay alive and even gets back to International without a TV show after the cooling off period, but they hover right around 90 million dollars in debt. It seems being able to afford arenas is something else the AI doesn't have to worry about, as they can still book 20,000 fans for their PPVs but as a human this far in debt you can't go to an arena with more than 1,000 capacity. I guess I need to book through the cooling off period and get to National or higher and see what happens then.

any chance of fast-forwarding and realising a mod set RIGHT before WWF bought WCW? So ECW would be done already, Heyman in WWF, stuff like that? Then one can play the "play as the new owner of WCW" or "do the invasion" games.

Would love this. Would do it myself, but I'm mostly lazy and occupied with MCD, and I dont want to risk skewing the data in any way.

Once again, thank you Genadi for the time you put into giving something to the community. I don't speak for everyone, but I appreciate it.

I'm posting because I'm struggling to figure out what I'm supposed to do. I know a lot of TEW is figuring things out for yourself through trial and error but I'm drawing a blank so hopefully someone can help.

Playing as WCW, I deleted the @WCW narratives that was recommended. After a few plays and simulations, WCW seems to always drop to cult and always loses the TV shows. That's fine, and makes sense but I'm struggling with what the next step I'm supposed to take it.

As always, new TV negotiations are in February so I'm trying to bring Nitro back on air, anywhere that would pay me. But, since WCW is property of Time Warner, I can't get into negotiations with anyone besides their stations which are TBS and TNT, which are two networks WCW doesn't qualify to air on. The only other Time Warner owned station, HBO, requires you to be National sized, which will take at least six months to get a meeting with them since you always drop down to cult.

So I guess my question is...am I missing how I'm supposed to not have WCW die? They can't get a TV deal, without the TV deal it's going to be extremely hard to get back to National to even begin negotiations. After doing 3 Nitros, 3 Thunders, and the PPV, at the start of February WCW is usually about -1.8 million, and even farther in debt at the beginning of March. If I just run shows without TV deal, with the contracts they have...WCW is still just going to die, right?

My hope is that somebody can throw some water on my face and remind me how to play this game I guess lol or just bring to light the troubles I'm having and see if it needs to be looked at and changed.

Thanks again guys.

EDIT: After more simming, it seems WCW can stay alive and even gets back to International without a TV show after the cooling off period, but they hover right around 90 million dollars in debt. It seems being able to afford arenas is something else the AI doesn't have to worry about, as they can still book 20,000 fans for their PPVs but as a human this far in debt you can't go to an arena with more than 1,000 capacity. I guess I need to book through the cooling off period and get to National or higher and see what happens then.

Easy answer is to do the "Ted Turner & Time Warner are out" mode with a little moding yourself. Make your User Character or Bischoff owner and take away the owned by Time Warner note.

Easy answer is to do the "Ted Turner & Time Warner are out" mode with a little moding yourself. Make your User Character or Bischoff owner and take away the owned by Time Warner note.

Yeah if you can do that for now guys if playing as WCW and I'll fix for next update. I will move it forward to March or April sometime this week when I get some time, it'll definitely sim smoother.

Thanks again for feedback guys, I will make it my mission to make WCW playable.

awesome! an April update would give me a huge throbbing.... figure it out.

In TEW05 I was obsessed with a "The Invasion was the basis of reality" game and would have Shane as the owner of WCW with only the skeleton roster that WCW had availible (big stars Booker T & DDP) then always running an ECW invasion of WCW with RVD/Dreamer/Storm/Awesome/Cyrus as centrepieces.... Cant wait to hopefully do it again.

I suggest shortening show lengths by a half hour or so in your mods. The two hour shows are not really that accurate due to the lack of advertising time being accounted for.

How so? The shows last for two hours. You have to fill all that time for the live crowd, and every WWE show I've been to has done something for the live audience when the TV show is on a commercial break, whebther it's running matches throught commercials, playing hype videos, extending entrances (which is included in match times, btw) or running minor interviews or skits such as the KissCam stuff.

I suggest shortening show lengths by a half hour or so in your mods. The two hour shows are not really that accurate due to the lack of advertising time being accounted for.

I disagree the audince in attendence just dont sit there while the people at home watch commercials

How so? The shows last for two hours. You have to fill all that time for the live crowd, and every WWE show I've been to has done something for the live audience when the TV show is on a commercial break, whebther it's running matches throught commercials, playing hype videos, extending entrances (which is included in match times, btw) or running minor interviews or skits such as the KissCam stuff.

KissCam skits and the like aren't really accurately simulated in TEW, and furthermore, since they aren't on TV would qualify more for the pre or post show dark match section realistically.

KissCam skits and the like aren't really accurately simulated in TEW, and furthermore, since they aren't on TV would qualify more for the pre or post show dark match section realistically.

The shows are set up with ad time in mind. So two hours can be less than two hours. If that makes any sense.

I used to do exactly that (and still do in MCD's 2010 mod) but if you try and play this mod as if it were 2001 90 minutes just isn't long enough. In my opinion, anyway.

Genadi, I'm still enjoying the mod a huge amount. From a personal standpoint, it fits in perfectly between the '97 mod (which I always found to be too early) and the 2002 mod (which I found to be a little too late). The narratives are great (especially the No Mercy pop-bump!) and I can't wait to see if I can finally buy out the enemy :D

When I get anywhere near March I'll try and remember to update you on how I'm doing.

That's it, I'm quoting songs now. I'm officially tired. I can't do this for much longer.

Then stop. We don't care about your selfish opinions.

FYI, Great Mod like all your others.

Anyone else find WCW extremely difficult to play, even with the events removed?

Then stop. We don't care about your selfish opinions.

FYI, Great Mod like all your others.

Anyone else find WCW extremely difficult to play, even with the events removed?

Bit late mate. JaySticle made a full on face turn and joined Genadi & Co. 'Twas a great show.

1.1 update nearly done? Need help with bios or anything?

I've updated the data a few times and re-upped but only with minor changes that have been reported. The data linked in the main post is the most up to date. Nothing big enough to call a V1.1 though, if and when I do I'll edit the post and let you guys know.

1.1 update nearly done? Need help with bios or anything?

Sorry on the last question you asked, sure if you'd like to update bio's that's be great. The way I try to do them now is not too specific so they'll be relevant for as long as possible.

If you download the latest version it's the most up to date and you can add it to that. :)

<p>Some thoughts while looking around.</p><p> </p><p>

Sal E. Graziano should be in the FBI stable. Typo in Simon & Swinger's tag name (it says Simon Diamond &Swinger). Them in mind, Dawn Marie should be with ECW as Simon's manager. And perhaps Blue Meanie/Jasmin St. Claire, since they showed up for GAC also. And if you want to be way specific - you don't have to but if you do - Mikey & Tajiri were "The Unholy Alliance".</p><p> </p><p>

Spanish Angel isn't in the data, he and Tony DeVito should be in ECW as Da Baldies. Possibly as a stable too, because they had been before with guys like Vito. Maybe Cyrus as a manager? They helped him at Guilty as Charged but it seemed like just a hired gun deal.</p><p> </p><p>

Just a nitpick, but if you're going to have a bunch of stables sitting around inactive, I'd say either add other ones, or delete the ones that aren't running. Case in point: nWo Hollywood and Wolfpac. If you're going to have those, why not add Silver? And what about the New Blood and Millionaire's Club? It's one of those things like had been bitched about with the bios, I have no real problem cause I understand they were leftover from the 99 data, but it's kind of a nitpicking thing. Do with it what you will.</p><p> </p><p>

It's the same thing with the Narratives. I love that they're in t here, but isn't it just using up extra space in the data to have November 2 Remember 97's narrative in it?</p><p> </p><p>

Speaking of narratives, good GOD! I haven't played with the WCW/ECW ones on (deleted them so that I could play as those two), but seeing how many there are, those two feds are going to die so badly if they are left on.</p><p> </p><p>

Maybe it's just me, but I think you'd do well to overhaul the gimmicks file. There is <em>nothing</em> with risk, difficulty, and subtlety. <em>Nothing</em>. At least, nothing worth using. To try and use ECW, damn near everyone ends up penalized because the fans don't like their gimmick, and that's the reason why.</p><p> </p><p>

Just an enhancement to one thing: I personally added an ager to Bobby Roode, using the picture you have of Bobby Roode.jpg for when he turns 24. Might just be my thing, but it's because I really dislike the pic you have on him.</p><p> </p><p>

Do you hate Rhino? Sorry, that's a little harsh maybe. Maybe it's because I really mark out for Rhino. But an F+ for his mic? And C and D for charisma and acting? Well I'll give it those two, that's fair. But the mic skills - I think - <em>really</em> need a bump up. I didn't mention it for 97, because he was almost just starting. I didn't mention it for 99, because he hadn't yet had time in around Corino and Cyrus at all. But in 2001, I really think it needs mentioned. Personally I bumped it to a 40. Being the same level you gave David Flair, I'd say it's incredibly fair. Corino's entertainment skills I would call into question too, but I'll chalk that one up to just being a mark for him too, and keep my mouth shut there.</p><p> </p><p>

WCW had the Cruiserweight Tag titles on the way into existence. Maybe add them as inactive? That title in mind, you could add AJ Styles and Air Paris to WCW, but I'll admit I don't know when exactly they were signed in as Air Raid.</p><p> </p><p>

Steve Corino and Allison Danger should be blood relative. Also needs Hennig and DiBiase family relationships. You got Ted Sr to Mike and Ted Jr, but left out Brett entirely and there's nothing between the sons themselves. Speaking of, I got a laugh out of Aurora McMahon being listed. A lot of Hart relationships aren't there it seems, also. A heads-up: I deleted all of the Hart/Smith family relationships out and used mass add to put in everyone that you have in the data, and it came up to exactly 60 of them, counting everyone from Stu down to Blade. Also should probably be a few negative ones from ECW guys toward Mike Awesome.</p><p> </p><p>

Back with more if I find it!</p>

Archived