~ Official Release ~ January 2001 "End of an Era"

This isn't meant to be rude, but think about that for a second.

South West America is Arizona, Colorado and those types of place. ECW was in Philadelphia. I'm not saying ECW wasn't popular in the South West, but I can't imagine ECW castoffs have a high popularity rating over there. Kidman at the time wasn't a big star, Storm was minorly popular, Rhino was relatively popular but mostly on the east coast and Sandman was exclusively ECW there's no way he would be overly popular in the South West.

You should higher people who are popular in that area. People who worked for PWG (not at the time of course) or people who wrestle for local feds. Maybe a California based or anything along that area. That's how you'll increase your ratings.

Understand what you're saying, but I would have thought that there would have been a fair 'rub' from appearing on WCW for years that would see guys like Storm and Kidman get over in indie-land based on that alone.

Fair point on Rhyno and Sandman though. Time to transport my fed elsewhere and try again :D

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Understand what you're saying, but I would have thought that there would have been a fair 'rub' from appearing on WCW for years that would see guys like Storm and Kidman get over in indie-land based on that alone.

Billy Kidman starts off in the mod at 45% (D) pop in the US and is slowly tapered down in pop from Canada to Japan and so on. Lance Storm starts off at 53% (D+) and 55% in Canada (C-). Both if anything are prob a lil too high, not too low. Those pop settings are more than enough to give them a "fair rub" in indie-land. In fact they're good enough to see both men towards the upper card of a Cult sized promotion's roster.

Going off what info you've given I think your product needs some tweaking :)

Genadi, wow! This mod is amazing. Ive been playing wrestlings sims for a very long time, and I have never once liked one set in the past. But this mod is just... So perfect. You can tell the effort youve put into it, and I really want to thank you for making this mod so enjoyable to play :)

Thank you for the nice words, good to hear you're having fun playing :)

Hey buddy, did you ever find a completed locations file for '01?

I haven't done anymore work on it and I don't think Phil has updated his which is what I use. Please let me know if you do some work on it and I'll update but for now the '87 mod has all of my attention :)

I continuously get a run-time error when attempting to start. I can pick my avatar, but afterwards it just goes blank and shows an error message. It happens every time, regardless of which avatar I choose. I don't have this problem with any other database. Any ideas?

I continuously get a run-time error when attempting to start. I can pick my avatar, but afterwards it just goes blank and shows an error message. It happens every time, regardless of which avatar I choose. I don't have this problem with any other database. Any ideas?

Post the details here and Adam will be able to help you....

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=165

• 1 month later...

I'll start off by saying I think the mod is amazingly good and detailed and I think it is possibly the best mod out there. However being possibly thier biggest fan I was slightly dissapointed to see no Jimmy Jacobs, Masato Yoshino and Naruki Doi in the future workers section.

Especially considering the amount of impact AotF had on ROH and that worker Ant IS in the mod (no hatin')

I was just wondering if not to get an update (as that is a bit much) if you'd be willing to give me an insight as to what you think thier starting stats should be in order to make it fair and balanced in the mod world.

Thanks

Killian

I'll start off by saying I think the mod is amazingly good and detailed and I think it is possibly the best mod out there. However being possibly thier biggest fan I was slightly dissapointed to see no Jimmy Jacobs, Masato Yoshino and Naruki Doi in the future workers section.

Especially considering the amount of impact AotF had on ROH and that worker Ant IS in the mod (no hatin')

I was just wondering if not to get an update (as that is a bit much) if you'd be willing to give me an insight as to what you think thier starting stats should be in order to make it fair and balanced in the mod world.

Thanks

Killian

You might check to see if he included them in either of his 2002 mods and port them over.

Thanks

Killian

Thanks for the support it's always nice to hear someone is enjoying a mod :)

I'm not sure if I've added them to other mods, Jimmy Jacobs if I haven't is definitely an oversight. I would throw up stats for them now but I'm knee deep in modding the '87 data atm and don't wanna open up 2001 right now for fear my head will explode :p

I'll definitely add all mentioned workers to next update and will try to remember to come back into the thread in the next few days if I have a little spare time and post stats for them. Sorry for any inconvenience dude.

Well if you want some help to update and add some things I'll gladly help. I've noticed as well 2 things that I feel are quite important for the mod as a long long term playable game.

Well not so much things as promotions.

Zero-One Pro and DragonGate.

Zero-One was founded in Jan 2001 by Shinya Hashimoto and help ALOT of the young crusierwieght wrestlers from around the world. Zero One was where the motorcity machineguns were formed as well as hiring people such as Low Ki to help them improve.

as for DragonGate - arguably the best product in the world in terms of hype and match quality hence its almost international recognition by wrestling fans. Could it be turned into a mainstream wonder?

these are all little things that would not so much make the mod better but just give it more depth.

• 1 month later...

Been playing this for a while now and I noticed a couple of things. I know you're working on another mod at the moment so they might also apply to them:

-Hawaii has no television coverage. This probably goes back to an early edition of the game where it was accidentally not included.

-Many gimmicks have 0 subtlety. I believe this is what tends to make all those 66/C+ rated gimmick responses. Even in a sports entertainment company that dislikes subtle gimmicks, making the subtlety lie between 20 and 30 can make a gimmick go over much better than one rated at 0

Been playing this for a while now and I noticed a couple of things. I know you're working on another mod at the moment so they might also apply to them:

-Hawaii has no television coverage. This probably goes back to an early edition of the game where it was accidentally not included.

-Many gimmicks have 0 subtlety. I believe this is what tends to make all those 66/C+ rated gimmick responses. Even in a sports entertainment company that dislikes subtle gimmicks, making the subtlety lie between 20 and 30 can make a gimmick go over much better than one rated at 0

actually in the year 2001 Hawaii had yet to acquire TV.

Probably the best mod out there. Although I'm getting my ASS kicked as WCW. I can do just about nothing right, and my shows average about a 60 overall rating. Just lost both my Thunder and Nitro slot.

Although when I first got this mod, I just sat back and simmed a full year of the game, and WCW somehow got its way back up to Global, while having no TV shows at all.

And in more interesting news, Riki Choshu fell into a shark tank and died a month into the game, opening up the head booker spot at NJPW. Interesting to see how that goes.

• 4 weeks later...
Also, is the original Psicosis in this at all? I can't find him :(

ok I found the original Psicosis, but I've tried both of Volador Jr's names and I don't see him at all. I saw Mistico and Averno, so I figured he'd be thrown in too but I don't see him anywhere. :(

I've been up all night tweaking the database for a 2000 mod starting in January. I've removed everything that isn't WWF, simply because I can't keep up with any of it and the database is just too huge to deal with. So if Genadi is cool with it, and anyone wants to check out a 2000 WWF game let me know. It's basically just little things and a pretty much complete roster of what was around at that time. Missing a few people like BB (can't find her in the game) and refusing to sign Fabulous Moolah and Mae Young and the Mean Street Posse aren't around, but apart from that, it's all good.

I've been up all night tweaking the database for a 2000 mod starting in January. I've removed everything that isn't WWF, simply because I can't keep up with any of it and the database is just too huge to deal with. So if Genadi is cool with it, and anyone wants to check out a 2000 WWF game let me know. It's basically just little things and a pretty much complete roster of what was around at that time. Missing a few people like BB (can't find her in the game) and refusing to sign Fabulous Moolah and Mae Young and the Mean Street Posse aren't around, but apart from that, it's all good.

NO WCW even?

Since it wasn't commented on...

Volador Jr is missing.

Nattie Neidhart has friendship relationships with the Hart family instead of blood

The Steiner's tag team doesn't exist.

Sorry dude forgot to reply to your PM have had a whole bunch to get to this week. Thanks for the feedback :)

Sorry dude forgot to reply to your PM have had a whole bunch to get to this week. Thanks for the feedback :)

No problemo. I'm not trying to distract you from the 87 mod, was just hoping that eventually more updates would be made for this one :D

Archived