~ Official Release ~ January 2001 "End of an Era"

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know, I shouldn't have to do stuff like that to a mod. And I like how you just dismiss it like it's no problem. Well, some people like to get immersed, and when the bios are out-of-date, that really gets some people's goats, like me. I'm sorry it's not a big deal to you. If you're gonna act like that, though, then why are there even biographies in the first place? Why not just leave them all blank if you can't bother to take the time to make them current for the time? I know this is just a slightly updated version of your 1997 Screwjob mod, and it shows, but you could show at least a bit more effort in things that aren't agers or narratives. Sorry if I'm angry. In fact, the bios are one of the reasons why I surf through the Over 9000-verse and read their bios sometimes. Those ones are factual and funny at the same time. Yours are just outdated and blunt. They might not be in the 1997 mod, but that doesn't mean you can just transfer the workers from the 1997 mod to a 2001 mod, update their title lineages and call it a day. I don't wanna play a 2010 mod with bios from 2007 saying things like "Sheamus O'Shaunessey is still trying to break into the WWE" or something like that. Just like I don't wanna play a 2001 mod with bios from 1997 saying things like "Has just wrapped up an intense feud with Bret Hart and recently got injured by Owen Hart. Still fighting for that WWF Championship one day" or something like that. It's just a bit of a pet peeve of mine. May not be a big deal to you, but it is a MAJOR deal to some people. Like me. So, next time, like your 2004 mod, I don't wanna play it and have Ultimo Dragon's bio say anything like "His return to the ring is very much in doubt." Might be current in 1998 and 2001, but not in 2004, when he tripped up at WM19. [/rant]

Be thankfull and stop bitching write the bios your self or if you want someone to make a mod with the bios you thank they should have make your own mod and see if its even half as good as this:rolleyes:.

Good Mod BTW

It's more the process of how I make and edit my mods. To make a long story short there is a technique I've developed where I go through each worker and edit info, doing this I have certain information resources in the bg which I draw from. Bio's aren't included in this and really are a different kettle of fish where I do them afterwards and have to go back into each worker one by one pulling together info. I find it extremely tedious (even for modding which tells you how draining it can be) and not worth the effort that can be spent polishing, adding or editing other things.

Edit - Thanks for the support guys I didn't think there was much of a problem with out of date bio's or else I'm sure we would've heard more constructive feedback about it. If anyone wants to update them like I said please do and I'll include them in all future updates. If I were to ask the players of my mods if they would rather A) Up to date bio's for each worker and me burning out and probably going on hiatus again, or B) Me asking for a little help with that stuff so I can move on to another mod, for yall! I'm sure I know the answer :)

Let this thread continue without anymore talk of ex-employees... we're not WCW afterall :p

Hey Genadi I need your help man. I just recently upgraded from Vista to Win7 so I had to redownload all of my stuff. So I was downloading 1997, 2002, and 2001 mods all at the same time so I could get done quicker. But here is my problem, I now have two "People" pic packs one named People and the other People(2) and I can't tell which one is for 2001 and which is for 1997. So my question to you is are there any picture in one folder that aren't in the other that I could use to differentiate the two?

Hey Genadi I need your help man. I just recently upgraded from Vista to Win7 so I had to redownload all of my stuff. So I was downloading 1997, 2002, and 2001 mods all at the same time so I could get done quicker. But here is my problem, I now have two "People" pic packs one named People and the other People(2) and I can't tell which one is for 2001 and which is for 1997. So my question to you is are there any picture in one folder that aren't in the other that I could use to differentiate the two?

Hmm, both pic packs for '01 and '97 are the same really. The pic pack I updated for this mod is definitely the most up to date though and will link up to the '97, '02, '99 and '01. To tell if you have the most recent people pack check to see if this picture titled "Myke Quest" in there....

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e203/fatallylost/Cuts%20for%20Others/MykeQuest.jpg

That was only added a few days before release to the updated folder :)

I will upload all of the other stuff again for anyone who doesn't have an up to date version or may be confused.

Hmm, both pic packs for '01 and '97 are the same really. The pic pack I updated for this mod is definitely the most up to date though and will link up to the '97, '02, '99 and '01. To tell if you have the most recent people pack check to see if this picture titled "Myke Quest" in there....

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e203/fatallylost/Cuts%20for%20Others/MykeQuest.jpg

That was only added a few days before release to the updated folder :)

I will upload all of the other stuff again for anyone who doesn't have an up to date version or may be confused.

Thank that helped me get everything straight

Enjoying the mod and the trip down memory lane it is providing, Genadi. Well done. :)

And, to be part of the solution, if a list gets started of the bios that are getting some people (person) all antcy in their pantcy, I'd love to contribute any that I could.

OK haven't dived in yet but I just started up my ECW game and the first thing I noticed was ECW still has a tv show. Now I wasn't sure about this so I went and looked it up and it appears that the last episode of Hardcore TV was on December 31, 2000. So they shouldn't be running any shows at the start of this data. Again haven't started yet but the mod is looking awesome G!

You know, I shouldn't have to do stuff like that to a mod. And I like how you just dismiss it like it's no problem. Well, some people like to get immersed, and when the bios are out-of-date, that really gets some people's goats, like me. I'm sorry it's not a big deal to you. If you're gonna act like that, though, then why are there even biographies in the first place? Why not just leave them all blank if you can't bother to take the time to make them current for the time? I know this is just a slightly updated version of your 1997 Screwjob mod, and it shows, but you could show at least a bit more effort in things that aren't agers or narratives. Sorry if I'm angry. In fact, the bios are one of the reasons why I surf through the Over 9000-verse and read their bios sometimes. Those ones are factual and funny at the same time. Yours are just outdated and blunt. They might not be in the 1997 mod, but that doesn't mean you can just transfer the workers from the 1997 mod to a 2001 mod, update their title lineages and call it a day. I don't wanna play a 2010 mod with bios from 2007 saying things like "Sheamus O'Shaunessey is still trying to break into the WWE" or something like that. Just like I don't wanna play a 2001 mod with bios from 1997 saying things like "Has just wrapped up an intense feud with Bret Hart and recently got injured by Owen Hart. Still fighting for that WWF Championship one day" or something like that. It's just a bit of a pet peeve of mine. May not be a big deal to you, but it is a MAJOR deal to some people. Like me. So, next time, like your 2004 mod, I don't wanna play it and have Ultimo Dragon's bio say anything like "His return to the ring is very much in doubt." Might be current in 1998 and 2001, but not in 2004, when he tripped up at WM19. [/rant]

Well, now that you've pissed me off more than anyone else, and in an incredibly condescending way, playing any more of your mods is now so far down my priority list, that it's getting cut off by the end of the paper. You lost somebody that may have enjoyed your future mods. If only you LISTENED TO THE FANS. **** you.

And to the poster above, I shouldn't have to do what the creator of the mod should've done in the first place! Is that too hard for your thick skulls to understand? Lemme spell it out for ya: L-I-S-T-E-N T-O T-H-E F-A-N-S. If you don't start doing that, then you will be making mods for nobody, cause only pretentious jerks would play them, and I only see one in this topic. And it's not me. I try to reason. But when a modder can't do what should be done (hint: It's LISTENING TO THE FANS!), then he doesn't deserve players, downloads, or to make mods. Good luck, and good day to you, SIR.

Are you ****ing serious? Really? Do you have any concept of the number of hours it takes to put together a piece of crap mod, let alone one that is balanced, accurate, and smooth-running as Genadi manages? What does that get him.... Selfish, childish repsonses like this flipping out because some biographries are out of date.

Bios are fluff. Simple as that. Whether they are detailed, sparse, up-to-date, out-of-date, or blank, it does not affect how the game plays. Would it not make sense to make that the priority? Perfect bios are a perfect waste if the mod is not properly playable.

Here is another factor to consider - bios get out of date almost immediately after you start a game. Once you are even just a few weeks in, let alone months or years into the game, the bios are massively outdated. So unless you yourself update them - which you apparently refuse to consider as a reasonable option - they become exactly what you are complaining about - outdated. Simply as a fuction of the game. So again, why would a mod-maker waste significant time creating bios when they are fluff that gets out of date in each game anyway?

"Listen to the fans"? Are you serious? Its not like mod-makers get some kind of monetary benefit for their time and effort. The opinions of "the fans" mean nothing. They create what they want to create and how they want to create them. We have the choice of accepting that and playing them or not. A mod-maker can take our suggestions under advisement, but they are in no way beholden to that. When they start charging us for the benefits of their hard work and time, then you can make that claim. Otherwise, stop being an ass.

Its crap like this that honestly makes me wonder why mod-makers bother. All it takes it is one idiot lashing out over something as stupid as this to make it feel no longer worthwhile for them. I've seen it happen on other games and on other forums. So by all means, let's keep treating our mod-making community as if they are somehow beholden to do as we demand of them and "listen to their fans" so that we can drive all away from doing these mods for us... That seems like a great plan to me....

If you really care about bios, then it should be because you don't know your workers. For me, it sometimes matters because I wasn't watching wrestling in 2001, and I don't know this stuff.

Except that I don't care, and you seem to know your workers JUST fine, JayStickLe.

In fact, however, the irony is that this mod is purely the result of Genadi coming to the players and saying, "Well now that I'm finished with 2002, what next guys?" and the listening to them. Kinda funny, actually.

Good work on this mod Genadi. Im loving every mod you making.

BTW I know some ppl are complaining about Bios but it not really that hard to change them. I edited some of my own. Just go to Wikipedia and look up a worker and just write a few lines or so. Not hard. Nothing gonna be perfect

Look, I'll admit I was wrong. Bios are junk. They suck. Nobody wants them. They're not important. I like this mod. It's just that I had to import debut angles into the mod. Also, I have autism, so I can be a bit cranky. Also, I am cranky too. I was tired and grumpy. I'm sorry, and no matter what the next mod is from Genadi, I will download it and enjoy it and not worry about petty things like bios. 100% serious here.

Look, I'll admit I was wrong. Bios are junk. They suck. Nobody wants them. They're not important. I like this mod. It's just that I had to import debut angles into the mod. Also, I have autism, so I can be a bit cranky. Also, I am cranky too. I was tired and grumpy. I'm sorry, and no matter what the next mod is from Genadi, I will download it and enjoy it and not worry about petty things like bios. 100% serious here.

We all have off days, bro. Just gotta keep on trucking, you know?:D

I was tired and grumpy. I'm sorry...

JaySticLe of YouTube changed his disposition to Face, the turn went well ;)

The Genadi & Co. vs JaySticLe of YouTube Storyline has come to an end :)

Back to feedback and Fenoli mock trolling this thread :p

The one thing that I feel is "missing" from this mod is Dragon Gate Pro Wrestling, or even when it was just Ultimo Dragon's Toruymon. I personally think that DG is the biggest promotion not in this mod, hence why I think it should be added.

My opinion on ECW may be biased so that it with a grain of salt, but I personally feel ECW should be bigger, not saying "cult" but higher popularity. It was only in september/october 2000 that ECW was taken off the air on TNN, and they did get the highest ratings for the channel (I think, so don't quote me on it). Like I said my opinion on ECW is most likely biased, so I will most likely edited this myself if you feel it is accurate as it is.

The one thing that I feel is "missing" from this mod is Dragon Gate Pro Wrestling, or even when it was just Ultimo Dragon's Toruymon. I personally think that DG is the biggest promotion not in this mod, hence why I think it should be added.

My opinion on ECW may be biased so that it with a grain of salt, but I personally feel ECW should be bigger, not saying "cult" but higher popularity. It was only in september/october 2000 that ECW was taken off the air on TNN, and they did get the highest ratings for the channel (I think, so don't quote me on it). Like I said my opinion on ECW is most likely biased, so I will most likely edited this myself if you feel it is accurate as it is.

I agree with you, and it should be Toruymon because it didn't become Dragon Gate until Dragon left in 2004. Also, I don't think you're right about the ECW ratings. According to my sources, it consistently received ratings such as TNA's ratings nowadays. Now, I don't know about other TNN hits like Monster Jam or other series, but those seem pretty low.

Great job with the mod Genadi. Here are a few wrestlers I added to the mod that you may want to add with your next update:

David Otunga

Chris Cage (Caylen Croft)

Percy Watson

Kipp Christianson (Eli Cottonwood)

Rhett Titus

Ayako Hamada

Lacey

Rain

Lacey Von Erich

Genadi; Just wanted to say you've done a great job again. It's difficult, but enjoyable.

My only (very minor) complaint is the angle pack you use. I forgot to overwrite it before I started my game and none of the angles use the auto-name feature and a fair few have very strange 'roles' and 'rated on-s.' I usually use Sonfaro's angle and storyline pack combined with the defaults from 2010. It's an easy fix for me (simply overwriting a couple of files) but it might be worth looking into if everyone else is doing it as well.

I'm not very far in (just into week 3!) but how are other people doing? I'm yet to get more than a B- as WWF mainly due to my angles dragging everything down. It's a tough one, I'll give you that :D

Genadi; Just wanted to say you've done a great job again. It's difficult, but enjoyable.

My only (very minor) complaint is the angle pack you use. I forgot to overwrite it before I started my game and none of the angles use the auto-name feature and a fair few have very strange 'roles' and 'rated on-s.' I usually use Sonfaro's angle and storyline pack combined with the defaults from 2010. It's an easy fix for me (simply overwriting a couple of files) but it might be worth looking into if everyone else is doing it as well.

I'm not very far in (just into week 3!) but how are other people doing? I'm yet to get more than a B- as WWF mainly due to my angles dragging everything down. It's a tough one, I'll give you that :D

Totally agree with this.

Totally agree with this.

Glad you aree, Johnny. :D

Having just done the overwrite I thought people might want to know that doing so messes up the type of storyline used in the starting storylines (sounds clumsy, I know). Not a particularly difficult thing to fix but it might be worth noting down who is in each role before you copy the files across.

Glad you aree, Johnny. :D

Having just done the overwrite I thought people might want to know that doing so messes up the type of storyline used in the starting storylines (sounds clumsy, I know). Not a particularly difficult thing to fix but it might be worth noting down who is in each role before you copy the files across.

yeah, it's the first thing I noticed when I started a game. Just replaced the angle file from an old saved game....

Archived