RULES

1. You have 3 votes to either nominate or 2nd, 1 for each category

(The TigerKinney Rule)

You may substitute your Real World and Cornellverse nomination or 2nd between the two. The Rookie Vote must go to a Rookie Diary Category or be left unused

2. you may not nominate or 2nd yourself

3. All nominations need to be seconded to make the voting round

4. All nominations must include a reason

5. Real World & Cornellverse: must have at least
    shows, with at least 2 of those shows this month.

6. Rookie DOTM:any diary started since the first of the prior month, the only post requirement for rookie is one show in the current month, and not started by a Hall of Famer. (none diary threads are no longer eligible)

7. You CAN nominate the the winners from last month's Rookie Category to the full awards regardless of start date (Mad5226's "The Dog Pound" )

8. You can NOT nominate The Final Countdown's "Ring Of Honour - We Don't Imitate... We Innovate"

9. You can NOT nominate Eisen-verse's "The Infamous, Rebellious, Suicidal… 4C; The Evolution of GREED"

10. a vote for yourself is an automatic disqualification.

2nd* - means that the diary has been seconded so that you do not waste your vote, or fail to 2nd a diary you want to see put up for diary of the month

Real World DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* [thread=78107]Nobby Mcdonalds TNA New Beginnings II[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=46137]Oldschool's WWWF: Re-writing History: No Hulk/No Vince (D.O.T.T) [/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=26405]dse81's The New NWA [/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=58732]jw_forever's WWE 2006: New Year, New Stars, New Beginnings[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=15014]Nevermore's ECW: World Wide [/thread]

Cornellverse DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* [thread=91072]Tigerkinney's BHOTWG-Stepping into the Inferno [/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=106236]Clarity's Cedar Rapids Wrestling [/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=75205]Dragonmack's The David Mack Chronicles: NYCW- The Homecoming[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=102968]Jingo's Awesome Max Wrestling 97' How long will it last? [/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=129078]Zergon's ESE in UK [/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=143926]Tristram's SWF: Now With Added Chunks[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=47928]Phantom Strangers' TCW Quiet Retirement [/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=80587]Yuu Onuki's Memoirs of a Booker[/thread]

Rookie DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* [thread=154930]jstarr187's WCW 1998: The Third Johnson [/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=144302]MichGCS's WWE: The Longest-Running Weekly Episodic Cluster of Shows in TV History![/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=153331]steesh07's Shimmer Women Athletes - Volume 33 and Beyond [/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=157471]angeldelayette's USPW - What? This Again? [/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=142186]Save_Us.Necro's WWE 2010: The NXT Great Revolution[/thread]

OMG I can not believe that it is that time of the month already

Nominations will be open until July 31st (12 pm Eastern)

Sorry for any incovience, but I will only update once a day. :o

Going to go with tristram's SWF: Now With Added Chunks! for Cornellverse. He's really made me enjoy the C-Verse which is something I struggle to do.

Nobby's TNA's New Beginnings for Real World. Things are getting pretty interesting down south.

Finally, jstarr187's WCW 1998: The Third Johnson for rookie. Great up-and-coming diary this one. Loving how it's developing.

I nominate Yuu Onuki's Memoirs of a Booker

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80587

Even with momentary information interruption, the lines still project an awesome interpretation of joshi wrestling.

Tigerkinney's BHOTWG-Stepping into the Inferno

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91072

Despite a long vacation, the master of puro writing returns with a strong effort.

And Bigpapa42's Worldchampionship Wrestling 2002 Rebuilding the Empire

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152331

Regardless of what the man himself says, the sheer volume of work, research and depth he has added to a recently started project is worthy of the recognition.

I truly appreciate the nod, D-Mack. But I do not believe my WCW project is or should be eligible for any category. Its not a true diary as it features no actual shows.

I'd nominate you for rookie, but your HoF status eliminates that, so real world is the only place I can nominate you. but I will leave it up to Mistaken to determine if you qualify or not.

Wow, thanks BHK1978!

I'll second michgcs' WWE - WWE: The Longest-Running Weekly Episodic Cluster of Shows in TV History! by michgcs

For Real World - steesh07 Shimmer Womens Athletes - Volume 33 and Beyond

Another one of only a few Real World dynasties that i read, well presented regular updates. All in all a good read.

For C-Verse Zergon's - ESE in UK

A fun little read, easy to follow with clear storylines and interesting characters.

I'd nominate you for rookie, but your HoF status eliminates that, so real world is the only place I can nominate you. but I will leave it up to Mistaken to determine if you qualify or not.

Mistaken can make the final call. He knows I am perfectly okay with being excluded. With no actual shows and just an overview approach, I don't think my project really fits the definition. While I apprication the recognition and support, it just feels like I would be taking away from others who are more deserving.

As for my own nominations... Tough as always. There are several deserving possibilities who I hope get nominated, but I am going to go with James Casey's SWF and Phantom Stranger's TCW this month.

Mistaken can make the final call. He knows I am perfectly okay with being excluded. With no actual shows and just an overview approach, I don't think my project really fits the definition. While I appreciate the recognition and support, it just feels like I would be taking away from others who are more deserving.

As for my own nominations... Tough as always. There are several deserving possibilities who I hope get nominated, but I am going to go with James Casey's SWF and Phantom Stranger's TCW this month.

Yeah, long ago we encountered this issue. Big Papa and I worked this out already. No shows, no DOTM, watcher diaries and the rest kind of get the cold shoulder, but it keeps from dealing with the diaries that throw up great back story and then never get to the shows. (I am looking straight at G-prime :p)

That aside I hear it's a great read, and hopefully the Hall of Famer can make due with the little extra exposure he gets here.

Well I was having a tough time trying to decide between Nooby's diary and Oldschool's. However, since Nooby has been nominated:

Real World: WWWF: Re-writing History: No Hulk/No Vince (D.O.T.T) by Oldschool.

Just for his shocking WWWF title change alone is reason for this to get a nod.

Rookie: WWE: The Longest-Running Weekly Episodic Cluster of Shows in TV History! by michgcs

Another great diary, people on the board did not give michgcs a chance at the start of the diary giving the diary very low ratings. However, michgcs did not give up and has turned the diary into a great read. It is well worth the time to check out.

C-Verse diary: Awesome Max Wrestling 97' How long will it last? by Jingo

Well Jingo is the man, writing three diaries at once (2 Wrestling and 1 WMMA2 all though I am not sure if his Australian diary is still around)! All three diaries are top quality, and he actually is making me care about the little promotion that could.

Wow, thanks BHK1978!

I'll second michgcs' WWE - WWE: The Longest-Running Weekly Episodic Cluster of Shows in TV History! by michgcs

For Real World - steesh07 Shimmer Womens Athletes - Volume 33 and Beyond

Another one of only a few Real World dynasties that i read, well presented regular updates. All in all a good read.

For C-Verse Zergon's - ESE in UK

A fun little read, easy to follow with clear storylines and interesting characters.

thanks, guys :D it's nice to even just be considered :o

Yeah, long ago we encountered this issue. Big Papa and I worked this out already. No shows, no DOTM, watcher diaries and the rest kind of get the cold shoulder, but it keeps from dealing with the diaries that throw up great back story and then never get to the shows. (I am looking straight at G-prime :p)

That aside I hear it's a great read, and hopefully the Hall of Famer can make due with the little extra exposure he gets here.

I'd like to discuss/debate this, but I'll do it in a PM, so as not to hijack the thread.

CornellVerse: DragonMack's NYCW

Real World: OldSchool's WWWF (second)

I'm nominating jw_forever's WWE 2006: New Year, New Stars, New Beginnings for the real world category. This month saw the much-anticipated launch of ECW with One Night Stand, and jw delivered in a major way. I can't wait to see how he handles ECW now that it'll be back on a weekly basis.

I'll use my other nomination on "Mr. Consistency" dse81's The New NWA. Coming soon...Starrcade!

First things first, thank for Boltinho and Jingo for nominating me:).

I would like to second both Phantom Strangers TCW Quiet Retirement

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47928

and Jingo´s Awesome Max Wrestling 97' How long will it last?

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102968

Stranger´s TWC diary was one of the first diaries that I readed in these boards and it´s still one of my favorites. It has good layout, short but very informative match write-ups and great storylines.

Jingo´s diaries are always easy to read and the layout is great. Oh, and he also have managed to make me care both AMW and DIW which I normally wouldn´t care at all.

Archived