The Minor Questions Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>Can I just share a sad story with you guys as you are the only ones to feel my pain.</p><p> </p><p>

Maurilo Satinho, no. 2 P4P in the World, just defended his GAMMA HW title to go 31-3, 33 years old and just made the leap to High Level International, only the 2nd Person I've got to that level. His contract is up for renewal. We talk, he rejects round 1, I up all his demands, 10% of the PPV take, 1 million signing on, 10 fight deal, the works and he rejects and his patience has run out. That's all I get, 2 chances and now he's gone.</p><p> </p><p>

Why would he do this? I'm Mid-Level International, no-one else is bigger than Low-Level National, will anyone afford to pay him? The game really needs a better contract interface, one that allows negoitation, if he had told me what he wanted, I would have given him it. </p><p> </p><p>

It's spoilt the game for me a little to be honest, I'm finding it hard enough to put on shows (have not been at this level for that long) without this.</p><p> </p><p>

Just wanted to share my pain. Have played this game for hours most days since I got it about 6 weeks ago, but not played it since Saturday morning when this happened.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dude-1981" data-cite="dude-1981" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29647" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can I just share a sad story with you guys as you are the only ones to feel my pain.<p> </p><p> Maurilo Satinho, no. 2 P4P in the World, just defended his GAMMA HW title to go 31-3, 33 years old and just made the leap to High Level International, only the 2nd Person I've got to that level. His contract is up for renewal. We talk, he rejects round 1, I up all his demands, 10% of the PPV take, 1 million signing on, 10 fight deal, the works and he rejects and his patience has run out. That's all I get, 2 chances and now he's gone.</p><p> </p><p> Why would he do this? I'm Mid-Level International, no-one else is bigger than Low-Level National, will anyone afford to pay him? The game really needs a better contract interface, one that allows negoitation, if he had told me what he wanted, I would have given him it. </p><p> </p><p> It's spoilt the game for me a little to be honest, I'm finding it hard enough to put on shows (have not been at this level for that long) without this.</p><p> </p><p> Just wanted to share my pain. Have played this game for hours most days since I got it about 6 weeks ago, but not played it since Saturday morning when this happened.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I feel you, this is one of my major gripes about the game as well. I lose my interest in saves where this happens, although I've had some saves so long that I forget about it and move on. The one and only advice I can give you is turn off auto save from the options and save often, then if this happens load the previous save.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Paatero" data-cite="Paatero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29647" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I feel you, this is one of my major gripes about the game as well. I lose my interest in saves where this happens, although I've had some saves so long that I forget about it and move on. The one and only advice I can give you is turn off auto save from the options and save often, then if this happens load the previous save.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That is probably the best advice to give in regards to this. I always do the same as well, I leave the auto save off if I know a big name fighter's contract is about to come up. I then negotiate with the fighter until I am able to sign them. If I am unable to nab them the first time around I do the save over again until I get them the contract they want. It does not always work but it works most of the time.</p><p> </p><p> And I agree with contract negotiations being a major gripe. They seem to be better than they were in WMMA2, but they are still annoying. For instance I was the biggest company in the world I offered a fighter a million dollar contract and he ended up going to another company for less money. Maybe the guy is stupid or he just did not want to work for me. Either way I was highly annoyed by that.</p>

I have found a trick around the failing contract negotiations.

If it says the fighter has run out of patience. Don't click beyond that screen. Click control alt delete and close the game via there. Open the game back up and you should be able to try the negotiation again. :)

Contracts

I'm 6 or so years into my first simulation with FLB. We've gone from low-level Regional to Low Level National.

The problem is, my CEO will not allow me to spend more than 5,000 dollars for base salary. When will he allow me to spend more? Mid Level National? High? or International?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MarkYama" data-cite="MarkYama" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29647" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I was wondering, if I own another company, will it automatically recruit new fighters? Or will I have to sign them and just send them down to that organization?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They will still try and sign people. You can send anyone on your roster and take anyone from there roster on there.</p>

Alright great, thanks for the reply. I'm sure some guys that suck in my promotion could give it a good title run in there child promotion. Would I also be responsible for re-signing the guys I send down or would the child promotion do so?

Alright great, thanks for the reply. I'm sure some guys that suck in my promotion could give it a good title run in there child promotion. Would I also be responsible for re-signing the guys I send down or would the child promotion do so?

The child promotion will make the call, but if your sending a guy down to get a few wins with the intention of bringing him back up, make sure you keep an eye on him as it's possible the child promotion won't re-sign or will will lose him to another org.

How do you handle it when someone gets a title who isn't enough of a draw to main, or even co-main a card? At Mid-Level International, I've got a couple of title holders who were High Level National and drew against my International level champ, but it's then really hard for him to find challengers who can fight him and draw (if I had them, then the High Level National dude wouldn't have got a fight in the first place.)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dude-1981" data-cite="dude-1981" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29647" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do you handle it when someone gets a title who isn't enough of a draw to main, or even co-main a card? At Mid-Level International, I've got a couple of title holders who were High Level National and drew against my International level champ, but it's then really hard for him to find challengers who can fight him and draw (if I had them, then the High Level National dude wouldn't have got a fight in the first place.)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That becomes unavoidable, you just have to run with it. You may lose some popularity but if you have no one there who can draw then you just have to do it. What you should have done was limit your company's growth till you had enough guys who could headline. It's not like it's a big deal though, I assume you are the number 1 company and having a few bad shows isn't a big deal.</p><p> </p><p> One thing I reccommend is using TV shows, guys earn more name value winning on TV than on PPV as more people watch TV.</p>

Yeah, most of the time, if I don't have a main event, I put on two co-mains on a TV show. I did jump up to mid-level two quickly, I was High-Level National for years and it wasn't that bad going to Low-Level Internation.

It was sort of this forum's fault for me making the jump, because I saw people talking about being High Level International after 10 years of game time, saw I wanted to force the pace. :D

Another quick question, how long does it take after you cut a fighter for them to stop hating you? I know it's over 14 months...

Are you sure it's over 14 months? I've pretty sure I've re-signed fighters quickers than that.

How many matches do people hype on their card? I know you can do as many as you please, but for realism's sake, what's your limit? or perhaps do some people do less than one match per card on avg?

I always hype the Main and Co-Main events. Plus the odd big 'other fight' including all Title fights.

How many matches do people hype on their card? I know you can do as many as you please, but for realism's sake, what's your limit? or perhaps do some people do less than one match per card on avg?

I usually hype the main and co-main, and I always hype title fights. (The way I book, I have a bit of a rotation system to the belts, so only 1 out of every 24 events will not have a title bout as the main event.) I also hype any fight between two high-level guys, especially if it's a rematch.

I only hype individual fighters if I'm trying to get them over. I know, I know, it's a TEW term more than WMMA term, but there are fighters who I simply want to make stars for whatever reason. For example, whenever I put William Harrison in a fight, I always hype him regardless of what I think of his chances (though I almost always intentionally book him so he'll get a win).

Honestly, I've never not hyped with these rules, so I'm not sure what effect I'm having. Heck, for all I know, I'll wind up with the exact same popularity outcomes if I don't. I'm sure I get some boost, but to what degree, I don't know; I've never extensively experimented.

Is there any particullar reason why, when you put an event into the fighter history (UFC 130 for example) that the bout order is messed up when you check it in the game?

I mean it doesn't seem to be in any real order, such as alphabetically etc. so why doesn't it just show up in the order that you enter in in the fight history?

Archived