The Minor Questions Thread

Another quick question, how long does it take after you cut a fighter for them to stop hating you? I know it's over 14 months...

As I mentioned above, I lost the no. 1 P4P guy in the World, Satinho but the happy ending to that story is, he came back after 8 months give or take and won his title back on my end of year show, with my biggest ever buy-rate. (He lost the title in his first defense against a guy nicknamed 'Pig Vomit', but we'll gloss over that. :D )

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm farily experienced with the game but the contract stuff still boggles my mind sometime.

When a fighter asks for a percentage of PPV revenue, what exactly does he get paid?

Clearly, he can't want 50% of the entire take of the night. Can he?

I'm thinking it's just a bonus based on his per-fight salary as far as I can tell. I've signed a few guys who take huge cuts of the PPV but I still seem to make a ton of money.

How long does it take to deliberately kill your own fed due to negative finances?

I ask this as I intend to take this game to the forums when I get to October 1993 and for story purposes it would be best if the promotion I was running until that point closed as I found out a few weeks back that the "closed by [insert date here]" in the editor is pretty much a placeholder for current databases and doesn;t close the promotion as I originally thought it did.

I'd want to do it this way instead of releasing everybody after killing the fed in the editor with neg finances and a massive PI hit and running the risk of everybody not wanting to work with me/get a bad relationship.. so if anybody knows about how long it would take while running regular shows as if nothing was going wrong for a promotion to close due to being like 15-20 million in the hole.. that would be awesome.

How do I take over a company? I tried taking over TKO 4 times, they were in debt and it wouldn't work, I made them $500,000 in debt and it still would reject my takeover, Do I have to be a certain popularity?

you will see 2 news articles about them being in debt, after the second one try and take them over.

you will see 2 news articles about them being in debt, after the second one try and take them over.

Yep. To be more precise, it states that they only have "one month left (to get a positive amount of cash)". After that you can pay a sum to take over the company. I'd always advice to do this as it's always beneficial, unless you are not playing UFC/GAMMA. :p

Did something happen to promotion records? Using Dawn of MMA and it is becoming a bit tough to keep track of how the guys are doing. They all just show their overall records.

Don't think you can show promotion records in WMMA 3 as far as I know.

Anyone know what determines HoF entry? It never crossed my mind Brandon Sugar wouldn't get in. 3 LW title reigns defending the belt 10 times in all, including 6 in his last stint with the strap. Had more trilogys than anyone else, usually winning the rubber. He retired with a 50-16 record I think. Why would Reguerio with a 29-10 rec get in and Sugar now make it.

Edit: Just fiddled with my settings and the first old thread I looked at spoke about needing 90% rep to get in. I think that Sugar must have hit about 88% or so.

Anyone know what determines HoF entry? It never crossed my mind Brandon Sugar wouldn't get in. 3 LW title reigns defending the belt 10 times in all, including 6 in his last stint with the strap. Had more trilogys than anyone else, usually winning the rubber. He retired with a 50-16 record I think. Why would Reguerio with a 29-10 rec get in and Sugar now make it.

Edit: Just fiddled with my settings and the first old thread I looked at spoke about needing 90% rep to get in. I think that Sugar must have hit about 88% or so.

Also Reguerio is pre set in the editor to make it in anyway.

There are a few things that have to happen to buy out another company:

1) They must be broke financially.

2) You must have anough money to cover their expenses.

3) "Greydog" must publish a couple of news stories abut hwo the company you want to buy is in financial peril. They may still reject you after you see the first story pop up, try again because there will be a second story publiushed about hwo broke they are and that they have a limited amount of time to turn the company around. This is when you'll for certain buy them out.

Note: Make sure the story is about the company's financial peril. Should a company fall in popularity, Greydog will publish a story about this as well. But the popularity of the company has nothign to do with if they are available for a buyout or not.

I'm getting totally slammed by the retirements at this point (it's 2013 I think) I've got Manish Khan, Li-Kon Ho and Yaghi Jokhichi all leaving the FW division + Sukarno who has fought there a lot. I don't really have the people to replace them as those guys are still people dominant.

Same at LH. I've got a re-gen who's at High International 100% but he ain't go no-one to fight. I'm taking a show to Mexico just so he can fight a guy I've got who's High National there so as a co-main. I've had Hasegawa and Katou retire from there and he's beaten John and Villar already.

How does it go when you play it for years. Do the regens come through and save you in the end?

I'm in 2012 with the default database, and while there was a dark period, I've picked up some amazing regens that have taken the places of those retiring. My lightweight champion, and also the #1 P4P fighter, Ogai Shiganori, is 21-3 and has 7 title defenses, as well as a featherweight victory over Li-Kong Ho still in his prime.

I also have two heavyweight regens that are probably the two best HW's on my roster, Juan Criss (22-7) and Anton Jelínek (20-3-1), who have taken over the division from Nate MacReary, Murilo Satinho, Kanezane Fujii and Rav Kapur, among others, who aren't way out of their prime yet, they were just surpassed by the younger guys.

The regens in this game are amazing, I think. I always spend time scouting the new regens entering the game, and usually pick up those with most promising stats. I run a show called GAMMA Challengers where I pit the least experienced guys against each other, so I can build a record for those guys and see what they've got. You can usually see it early if a guy is becoming a beast in the future or not by the way he fights, and sometimes they might join a great camp early. I've got a prospect in Danny Turnbull (5-2) that's 21 years old, has Very Strong in all striking categories as well as Ground Striking and Takedown Defense, and he's a member of Impact MMA. Those are the kinds of guys I look for.

Two questions to do with weight classes.

1) I recently created a featherweight division (130-142lbs) in my GAMMA game. In the Weight Classes section, under weight class ranking strength, it says "ineligible". Does anyone know what this means? How will affect my game?

2) After changing the weight limits for featherweight (130-142lbs) and lightweight (143-155lbs) I notice that when I go to create my cards that it no longer says the names of the weight classes, rather it just says 130-142lbs for featherweight and 143-155lbs for lightweight. Does anyone know why this is or how I can change it back to the real names? It hasn't really affected my game, it just annoys me!

Any help is appreciated. Awesome game by the way, so addicted!

1) I recently created a featherweight division (130-142lbs) in my GAMMA game. In the Weight Classes section, under weight class ranking strength, it says "ineligible". Does anyone know what this means? How will affect my game?

Have you signed/dropped any fighters into the division yet, or held any fights?

2) After changing the weight limits for featherweight (130-142lbs) and lightweight (143-155lbs) I notice that when I go to create my cards that it no longer says the names of the weight classes, rather it just says 130-142lbs for featherweight and 143-155lbs for lightweight. Does anyone know why this is or how I can change it back to the real names? It hasn't really affected my game, it just annoys me!

I'd assume it's because the weight classes used by all other companies in the game are uniform, for the purposes of creating world rankings, fighter history etc. So you might have a couple of 145lb guys fighting in your promotion's lightweight division, but the game would recognise this as a featherweight fight. Don't take this as gospel though :-p

It's like in real life when articles or news stories reference the old Pride weight classes for example, they'll usually talk about a 183lb division rather than calling it WW or MW to avoid confusion. Well, I do anyway :-p

Any help is appreciated. Awesome game by the way, so addicted!

1. It doesn't have ranked fighters if I remember correctly. That's why it says ineligible.

2. Those are not the "normally" used weight limits for FW and LW so it shows the weight limits used rather than the weight class.

1. It doesn't have ranked fighters if I remember correctly. That's why it says ineligible.

I have 10 of the Top 25 featherweights in my own featherweight division, so I'm pretty sure that cannot be the case. I have 24 fighters in the division and featherweight bouts have featured on my last 3 cards.

With regard to my other question, thanks for everyone's help. I guess I'll change my weight classes back to the way they were! Might mean that some featherweights have to move up but I can deal with that.

Archived