The Minor Questions Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LackOfOriginality" data-cite="LackOfOriginality" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29647" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there anyway to circumvent salary limits imposed by the CEO? I'm playing a game as GAMMA and Decker wouldn't let me re-sign Dexter Darling, despite him being the #2 pound for pound fighter in the company. It's frustrating, he's one of the biggest draws aside from Foster.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can choose to override the CEO in the option menu.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="iverbure" data-cite="iverbure" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29647" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>but would a 70% boxing power for a BW fighter be the same as a 70% boxing power for a fw or lw dropping to LW? I'm thinking yes but I don't know.<p> </p><p> also how do I go about adding a ai company. like if I wanted to add Omega how do I do it? I added hi-lite but I had to import it by changing the name and there was another problem I encounter but I can't remember so I was wondering if there was a easier way.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I can't really see a problem. Just input the date it's going to debut. If you want it to present at the start of the game, just take any date before the start date. OMEGA for one is already in, so just edit the date. Any changes for weights are pretty self-explanatory: edit the values in the editor. If you want them to debut weight classes you'll have to program those through narratives before the game starts.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="iverbure" data-cite="iverbure" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29647" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>this might be a stupid question but how do you use the mass edit feature is the editor. for example I'd like mass edit all the superheavyweights and make them all heavyweights. can I do this if I already have a save in progress or do I have to one at a time?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can't mass edit weight.</p>

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I dont really understand how to get a good contract. My avatar has 10 in negotiate but all of the fighters want their new contract to be twice higher than the old contract. They also want a lot of strange things like more win bonus, less amount of fights, be the exclusive fighter...etc etc...Can someone explain the contract system of this game to me?

Is it possible to add mods/pictures in the steam version?

Yes, of course.

@soluuloi: Eventually, when fighters start winning and getting more popular, they will want a bigger contract regardless. Your skill as a negotiator will help to cum some $$ from the requested sum, but it will get higher no matter what you do.

If fighters asks for a fight with other fighter, do you usually allow them to fight or it depends on their stats?

Does it have any benefits to book them a fight?

Yeah, I wonder about this too. I went out of my way to make them fight and so far, all of the requested matches are either decent, good or great.

I'm pretty sure there's a bonus in the draw value of the fight (more people will want to see it, because the fighter called him out in the open). But unless it's your main or co-main, you should only do it when you care for the match yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I just recently purchased WMMA 3 and am really getting into the game, but I need some help/advice.

So I started a game with the Dawn of MMA mod, and wanted to build up the UFC from the beginning, and I had this idea to have an openweight title, along with the weight divisions as well, but I guess when you go to create the divisions it won't let you have any overlap in your weight classes, is there any sort of work around on that? I thought it'd be cool to have like the weight classes, and then for the open to be kind of a "best of the best" division, taking the top 5s of each weight class and allowing them to fight, so yeah that was my thought on it.

Anyway to make that possible? If not, is that something that would be possible in WMMA 4?

Thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a small question - is there any way to comfortably switch a database to an earlier start (some previous era) without having to manually clear all the not-yet-existing companies and teams from their contracts/members? I was inspired by the era names in CVE database and wanted to try playing somewhere near 1990...

Anyway to make that possible? If not, is that something that would be possible in WMMA 4? !

Nope, and not in WMMA4 either. If would be a good suggestion though. It will also allow pure striking and grappling titles in WMMA4.

Hello,

I have a small question - is there any way to comfortably switch a database to an earlier start (some previous era) without having to manually clear all the not-yet-existing companies and teams from their contracts/members? I was inspired by the era names in CVE database and wanted to try playing somewhere near 1990...

No, I don't think there is.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hulkamaniac85" data-cite="Hulkamaniac85" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29647" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi I just recently purchased WMMA 3 and am really getting into the game, but I need some help/advice.<p> </p><p> So I started a game with the Dawn of MMA mod, and wanted to build up the UFC from the beginning, and I had this idea to have an openweight title, along with the weight divisions as well, but I guess when you go to create the divisions it won't let you have any overlap in your weight classes, is there any sort of work around on that? I thought it'd be cool to have like the weight classes, and then for the open to be kind of a "best of the best" division, taking the top 5s of each weight class and allowing them to fight, so yeah that was my thought on it. </p><p> </p><p> Anyway to make that possible? If not, is that something that would be possible in WMMA 4? </p><p> </p><p> Thanks for the help!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can sort of do it. You won't be able to make a weight class that overlaps with the others, but when you go to book matches and you choose the weight class from the dropdown, there's an option to have the fight be contested in "No Division." This means you can book lightweights against middleweights etc. You can also set an openweight title and have it contested that way. The only thing you wouldn't get would be a rankings screen because it doesn't technically exist as a weight class.</p><p> </p><p> Hope that helps.</p>

<p>New to the game. Sort of. Had it for a while but only got into it. </p><p> </p><p>

When booking matches, to which should I pay more attention, the fans feedback or the roster analysis?</p><p> </p><p>

Also, is there any way to tell when a fighter could be close to retiring? I had a string of retirement notices from fighters just past their prime. Not a big deal, just bit annoying.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="electric appliance" data-cite="electric appliance" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29647" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>New to the game. Sort of. Had it for a while but only got into it. <p> </p><p> When booking matches, to which should I pay more attention, the fans feedback or the roster analysis?</p><p> </p><p> Also, is there any way to tell when a fighter could be close to retiring? I had a string of retirement notices from fighters just past their prime. Not a big deal, just bit annoying.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Fan feedback mostly in my opinion, you'll need to follow the fan feedback to avoid getting a bad commercial rating, which would make you lose popularity I think. I tend to use the roster analysis to see what matchups make sense and where or the card they should go, and then I use the fan feedback to double check.</p><p> </p><p> As for retirements, apart from when you get the 12 month notice, there's no real way of telling when a fighter is going to retire. There are a few things that have an affect though. The age of fighters is an obvious one, the older they are, the more likely they are to retire (although some guys go on forever!). But also, if someone's on a losing streak, they are more likely to retire than someone coming off of a win.</p>

<p>Is it possible to cancel contracts of other promotions during the game?</p><p> </p><p>

Playing a good game with BAMMA in the MW mod but UFC are just holding hundreds of fighters that they arent using.</p><p> </p><p>

Alternatively is it possible to make the UFC do more event and use the fighters?</p><p> </p><p>

Really dont want to start again as im enjoying my promotion, but its frustrating that me and the other promotions have to fight over any decent free agents when the UFC are just stockpiling people they dont use.</p>

• 5 weeks later...

Rise, Lazarus!

So I picked this up in one of Steam's summer sales and I like it. Just have a few questions that I haven't seen specifically addressed in the thread thus far (and you know I read the whole thing :p).

I'm running WEFF (shocker, I know) and I'm wondering about a few things.

What makes a good can? I've heard mention of low punching power and bad chin but is that it?

How do you decide who to "push" (that is, who's the next big thing and gets fed cans to develop faster)? I've been going by render, age, and bio but I'm sure there's a better/more precise way.

I've already added Eyeball's most recent pack but are there any other recommended packs with more (fictional) workers?

Is there some algorithm that determines the frequency of local shows? I'm trying to resist the temptation of loading up my roster with people I don't have current plans for but it's hard to do that when the workers out on the street that you want to get seasoning before you sign them don't have the opportunity to do so.

Which stats don't change at all during play? I think looks is one of them and maybe menace too but I haven't been tracking them actively. Trying to keep my spreadsheet usage to a minimum. :)

For WEFF you could definitely use my new workers. They are in the CVE mod. I've somewhat changed them for WMMA4 though.

I wouldn't base myself on render ever. Sometimes the ratings (menace, charisma, looks) aren't what you'd expect, though it's often quite close to perception.

Overall low skills makes a can, obviously. But a good can has tomato's in it... :p by which I mean they provide some flavor. For instance: punch/kick creativity, speed, low striking evasion,... Things that make fights exciting. One-dimensional fighters also make for quite a lot of 'great' bouts. Some examples I - being a WEFF player - always use: Diana Marr & Phoebe Bergman, perhaps Yuya Shimizu.

Creativity generally doesn't change, and so do the perception skills you mentioned.

Have you joined the GDS group already?

Archived