What's Going on in YOUR Game?

So since this is usually successful in TEW, let's get one rolling.

Held my first event with the KBIL (Royal Martial Arts League), doing Bellator style tournaments to crown the first champions. Middleweights were first, Matches have winners bolded.

Dwayne Alleyne vs Ivor Orr

Reed Howlett vs Keitaro Makino

Akihiro Jippensha vs Fausto Barbosa

Rhys Buck vs Drew Jenks

Augustus Shorrock vs Mario Varela

Joey Valdez vs Konstantinos Chorophas

Otto Cascudo vs Meiji Hagiwara

Branko Alilovic vs Alex Cole

Those eight will move on in the bracket. Also, Stratos Papaioannou died in March 1998. :(

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No deaths on my behalf.

Here is GAMMA at the moment.

Lightweight Champion - Bruce Stevens

Welterweight Champion - Jim Carpenter

Middleweight Champion - Matthew Dean

Light Heavyweight Champion - Mike Watson

Heavyweight Champion - Vacant

Why vacant? Well my CEO only allows $5,000 for a base pay. So I've lost a few champions due to that. Mainly Tim Boyer. Foster? Vacated the title after he failed a drug test.

I've had two fighters win an End of the Year award. Josh Aldarisio, former Welterweight Champion and fighter, won Fighter of the Year.

Diego Arteta, 5-1, won Rookie of the Year.

I've gotten a PPV deal and a TV deal. The TV show is called, very original by the way, "The Ultimate Fighter", in which I give Rookies/Fighters I don't use often, a spot to shine. New talent goes there and based on their fights, they either get a new contract or I release them.

http://i56.tinypic.com/66x4s1.jpg

#10 was mine, but I forgot to entitle it GAMMA 20-something. And here is how my avatar is doing.

http://i55.tinypic.com/14msyr.jpg

Also did I mention this game is amazing?

I created 11 female fighters to help fill out my flyweight (116-125) devision and also edited some fighters minimum weight down a bit.

Im LOMMA, took me a good 8-12 months to build some stars to start improving my popularity. In June 1999 now and upto 11.4% (started at 5%)

One of my created fighters Alice James won the first Flyweight title, then lost it to Leslie Myers (3-0) who was then out for 7 months with a Knee injury.

Kochiyo Chikamatsu (3-0) won the LOMMA Bantamweight Title and has one defence, in her first defence she was rocked 3 times by Honey Due only to win late in the 3rd by armbar. She'll defend her title against knockout artist and one of my favorite WMMA2 fighters Nina Belle (3-0) at LOMMA 17

The LOMMA Featherweight title changed hands a few time with Nanami, Kaczmarek and Higgins winning the title in that order, Higgins(3-0) is still the same great GnP fighter she was in WMMA2.

Just set up the Ultimate (like a super stacked card i have every year in December) for 1998 for SIGMA.

4 title matches

Main Event -- MW Title; Isaiah Monroe (6-0 #18 MW) vs. © Fjodor Kanchelkis (13-0 #6 MW)

Co- ME -- WW Title; © Noach van der Cappelen (24-3 #1 WW) vs. Ikku Funaki (17-5 #21 WW)

LW Title -Lubos Plasil (6-0 # 19 LW) vs. © Georges Nouri (11-1 #10 LW)

FW Title -© Jason Dalglish (20-5 #4 FW) vs. Francesco Marrazina (20-6 #14 FW)

amongst those there are MANY hyped fights, that will blow the crowd away!

I've spent more time than I intended with the game over the weekend, as its taking time away from working on my TEW SWF diary. Running GAMMA and bloating the roster by signing all the talent I can grab. Created a Featherweight division and title. Running one show per month (except I skipped February for some reasn), each one headlined by a title fight. Through August.

On my very first show, The Big Bang, Hughes KO'd Foster for the HW title. The first cycle of title fights all resulted in the champions retaining after that. Hughes defended the HW tite at the "Dynamite Goes Boom" event and lost via a cut to Tim Boyer. Next event Ballard beat Rubenstein, and then Chambers beat Ruguiero. If Darling beats Dean at the next event, I'm going to start to wonder...

Interesting thing that happened after KBIL 3's Lightweight Tournament opener. Drauzio Simaan picked up a huge knockout victory over Watson Viana, and was then called out by three opponents; Cesar Granda, Manoel Cabral & Cyril Kamoze. Giving him the fight with Kamoze because they're set to go anyways because of the bracket set up.

An amazing amount of upsets, as both Morrison AND Da Guia lost their first title defense, which is... odd, but nice and surprising. Foster & Vaughan almost lost, but came back in the last round. :)

In my XCC I seem to be pressured by the AI into locking featherweight talents, which is definately an improvement from WMMA2, which was ridiculously easy. :p

Just set up the Ultimate (like a super stacked card i have every year in December) for 1998 for SIGMA.

4 title matches

Main Event -- MW Title; Isaiah Monroe (6-0 #18 MW) vs. © Fjodor Kanchelkis (13-0 #6 MW)

Co- ME -- WW Title; © Noach van der Cappelen (24-3 #1 WW) vs. Ikku Funaki (17-5 #21 WW)

LW Title -Lubos Plasil (6-0 # 19 LW) vs. © Georges Nouri (11-1 #10 LW)

FW Title -© Jason Dalglish (20-5 #4 FW) vs. Francesco Marrazina (20-6 #14 FW)

amongst those there are MANY hyped fights, that will blow the crowd away!

Bit wasteful, as they could all probably ME a show. Have written up most of my post about my first year with SIGMA, will finish it up tomorrow.

Just out of curiosity petecrimson, how big are SIGMA in your game at the end of the year?

Bit wasteful, as they could all probably ME a show. Have written up most of my post about my first year with SIGMA, will finish it up tomorrow.

Just out of curiosity petecrimson, how big are SIGMA in your game at the end of the year?

theycould, but i have a VERY stacked roster. i have saved some of the big stars, im not that dumb lol and I am at 65% pop, mid level regional

I am in July '98 using ALPHA-1. My only title that has changed hands so far is the Welterweight title, Ichasake Miyagi dominated Carlos da Guia en route to a Unanimous Decision.

My lightweight and middleweight divisions are both quite weak but I luckily I was able to buy KDM FC and call up Sukarno, who is currently ranked #1 LW and $6 P4P. I plan on giving him an immediate title shot against the winner of Fumiaki Hayashi vs Go Yamamoto.

I was able to sign Tora Mizwar (#12 MW) at the start of the game but my middleweight division is still very weak. Joaquim Fontes (#2 MW, #6 P4P) only has one fight left on his deal with FLB so I am going to try to steal him, which would be a big boost for my weak middleweight division.

So far my little league, the EFC is doing very well. I actually signed too many fighters and now need to start making some cuts. My only problem is trying to get guys on longer deals. We started out unknown but now after almost a year we are regional with 6 percent. I got some really great young fighters. I just hope I manage them all well. Jerry Bogdonovic is stunner. He is cleaning people out here.

May '98 with GAMMA.

Bud Brockett is really jumping into the title mix. He's currently 10-0 and the #9 WW in the world at the age of 23. He TKO'd Aaron McBroom after McBroom ROCKED him and dropped him, only for him to get swept, and Bud eventually G&P'd him. He then TKO'd Bruce Steven (1st rd) and H.M. Menzel (1st rd) and now wants a shot at Brandon Sugar, probably for the #1 contender slot. He also landed an amazing 96% of his ground strikes. Lethal.

Tim Boyer sits atop my Heavyweight division after a shocking, and brutal, KO head kick to Foster 18 seconds into their bout.

I'm also doing some hard core scouting of the young fights in the early 20's trying to find potential gem's. I signed a top-notch striker from Mexico, something told me this kid has future star written all over him, but with the (awsome) fog of war feature...he could be a bum.

I love this game.

september 1998...

KDM FC have gone bankrupt, and nobody is showing interest in Li Kong Ho or Sukarno!!! (As XCC I snapped up Maeno and Takeuchi as well as some of the better female fighters)

even BIGGER than KDM going under : After GAMMA 28, Julio Reguerio has vacated the Welterweight Title after being busted for drugs!

Just played through my first year as FLB.

Scouting Brazilian prospects is great fun. Separating the brawlers and good fighters by process of elimination rules.

The best Brazilian local prospects have been Nilton Fantoni and Manoel Cabral, both guys racking up three submission each by kneebars and chokes. Awesome.

Got the titles on the guys I wanted, then put them up against half legitimate challengers while I'm trying to build up the other stars in their divisions.

Helio lost against Caca de Andrade for the lightweight title in a mild upset. I was really expecting Helio to reign for a while but making lemonade and all that.

Joaquim Fontes beat Braulio Moura for the middleweight title by fifth round submission after losing the fight until that point, defended his title against Thais Antonio Taffarel in much the same manner then beat up Marinho Gomes and tapped him in the second. All by armbars from mount, by the way.

Masahiro Meano, unsurprisingly, won fighter of the year. I'll let his record speak for itself.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u299/Daffanka/Namnls-27.jpg

Game is fantastic.

December 98, running FLB.

My lightweight champion, Affonso Villar, is my main draw and is ranked #5 P4P, #2 LHW behind Asonovic. Also of note is the fact that Hans Christian Bloch is headed for a big-time showdown with Helio that I'm hopeful will cement him as one of the top Lightweights in the world. He's been a beast so far, running through top fighters early in his young career.

Outside of that, things are pretty calm. The only death has been Naora Kikuchi, and no one has failed a drug test. Fezzik is still the top dog, Hughes destroyed Foster and injured his face as well, so Hughes is sitting atop GAMMA. Other elite fighters are the usual suspects...Ho, Regueiro, Ziskie...

WMMA 3 is probably my favorite Ryland game of all time...at least until he decides to take the WreSpi games and make them into the MMASpi series.

Year 1 Review:

Promotion : SIGMA

Size At Start Of Year : Mid-Level Regional

Size At End Of Year : High Level Regional

Momentum At Start Of Year : 18%

Momentum At End Of Year : 60% (Approx)

Media Deals At Beginning Of Year : None

Media Deals At End Of Year : TV Show on Euro Cable Sports 4.

SIGMA Heavyweight Champion

Grzegorz Boniek : From Start Of Game : 4 Defences : Current Champion

SIGMA Light Heavyweight Champion

Nick Soldo : From Start Of Game : 3 Defences (2 Pre-Game)

Junior Patinkin : Defeated Nick Soldo via Split Decision. Judges robbed Soldo. : 0 Defences

Nick Soldo : Defeated Junior Patinkin via KO, Headkick. : 0 Defences : Current Champion.

SIGMA Middleweight Champion

Fjodor Kanchelskis : From Start Of Game : 2 Defences : Current Champion

SIGMA Welterweight Champion

Evgeni Medtner : From Start Of Game : 0 Defences

Noach Van Der Capellen : Defeated Evgeni Medtner via KO, Knee : 1 Defence : Current Champion

SIGMA Lightweight Champion

Luis Basora : From Start Of Game : 0 Defences

Fiyero Lermontov : Defeated Luis Basora via TKO : 0 Defences

Luis Basora : Defeated Fiyero Lermontov via UD : 0 Defences : Current Champion

SIGMA Featherweight Champion

Lars Bohlin : From Start Of Game : 2 Defences (1 Pre-Game)

Colm Dee : Defeated Lars Bohlin via UD : 0 Defences : Current Champion

Year In Review - Under new control SIGMA have began the journey to taking over the Mixed Martial Arts world. The new match maker through caution to the wind and adopted an approach of growing as big as possible as soon as possible, and the move paid dividends when the company secured a TV Deal in October. By the end of the year there were talks about securing a PPV deal, which materialised in January 1999. SIGMA have raised eyebrows with some of the signings made during the year ensuring the promotion remains one of the most interesting in the world.

SIGMA were honoured to recieve both the "Show Of The Year" & "Main Event Of The Year" Award from Blurcat, and were proud to hear that SIGMA fighters Toby Sorkin and Rafael van der Moot won the "Fighter Of The Year" and "Rise Of The Year" awards respectively.

Divisional Analysis

Heavyweight Division - The year undoubtably belonged to champion Grzegorz Boniek, who racked up an impressive 4 wins in the year. While two of the fights recieved poor crowd reactions and only 1 fight ending by stoppage, questions have been raised about Boniek's style, but no-one doubts his success.

Sylvester Collins, Lefter Otkay and Terron Cabal have been proving themselves in the division with 2 wins each during the year, and look close to gaining shots at Boniek's belt.

Prospect Aleksander Ivanov had a mixed year, his first fight of the year was against Giovanni de Matos. Many experts predicted a simple win for Ivanov, but de Matos kept "The Great Bear" at bay with leg kicks and at the end of the night his arm was raised in victory, to the suprise of most fans. However Ivanov returned for the companys New Years Eve show, and got back on track with a TKO win over Mugur Boc. There are rumors a rematch between Ivanov and de Matos will take place in the new year, despite de Matos's inconsistancy (2-2 in 1998).

The main talking point of the year came in late December, when Blurcat broke the story that Raul Hughes, the man who dethroned James Foster for the GAMMA Heavyweight Championship had signed with SIGMA and was coming to Europe in the new year, vacating the GAMMA belt. How Hughes will fare in the division is yet to be seen, but the move offers huge potential fights.

Divisional Analysis

Light Heavyweight Division - Despite being defeated in the year, Nick Soldo has started and finished the year as champion. Soldo headlined the first show of the new era, defending his belt against Aleksei Chekhov in the blurcat "Main Event Of The Year". After an even first round Soldo came out at the start of the second round and within 18 seconds dropped Chekhov with a huge Head Kick.

Soldo's next fight was full of controversy. After losing a GAMMA Light Heavyweight Title match it was announced Junior Patinkin was making his way to SIGMA. His first match was against none other than Nick Soldo, who wanted to prove his dominance against the Ex-GAMMA fighter. After a 5 round war the judges shockingly awarded Patinkin a Split-Decision win, and the SIGMA Light-Heavyweight Belt. The crowd in attendance were shocked at the announcement of the result and boo'ed the judges over the apparant robbery. Keen to fix the situation SIGMA immediately announced Patinkin's first defence would be against Nick Soldo, who didnt want to leave the fight in the judges hands this time, and sent Patinkin crashing with a signiture Head Kick in the second round.

Soldo did not fight again in the year, but Patinkin moved one step closer to a final fight with Soldo by handing Guillermo Morales his first loss. Only time will tell whether Patinkin can earn another fight with "The Gladiator".

SIGMA managed to steal another big-name Light-Heavyweight during the year: The arrogant Anthony LeToussier. LeToussier must have regretted the decision to join SIGMA after his first fight, going into the fight 14-0 LeToussier was confident as usual, but in the 3rd round of the fight he was on the floor and having the referee pull "Fighter Of The Year" Toby Sorkin off of him.

Sorkin has impressed the world since joining SIGMA at the start of the year. He had 5 impressive wins, forcing the legendary Mantas Andreyev to submit twice to Armbars, Guillotining Alekos Karabatsos, and TKO'ing Anthony LeToussier and Andranik Paletilolu. SIGMA fans have been eating up Sorkin's arrogant persona, wanting to see him killed but being dissapointed every time the American steps in the Cage. Will Sorkin be able to continue the momentum that made him "Fighter of the Year" in 1999, or will SIGMA fans finally get there wish and see Sorkin lose.

Despite missing the first 6 months of the year, Valentin Taneyev racked up 4 wins in the division, three by submission. Valentin is a promising prospect who should fare well in the new year.

The other fighter of mention is "Rise Of The Year" winner, Rafael van der Moot, whose 4 fights in the year lasted just 5:32 between them, thanks to a string of first round stoppages. Now ranked the #5 fighter in his division, this dominant fighter is someone to keep an eye on.

Arguably the most stacked division in the company, 1999 will be an interesting year, especially if the rumors that Zvonomir Asanovic will be joining SIGMA soon are true.

Divisional Analysis

Middleweight Division - Despite being Champion Fjodor Kanchelskis hasnt had a difficult year. Fjodor has allowed the division to fight it out within itself waiting for a real challenger to emerge, taking 2 easy defences in the year.

Tora Mizwar has risen up to being ranked the #8 Middleweight in the world, but hasnt been involved in an exciting fight despite his 4 fights in the year.

Fermando Amaro lost his solitary fight in the year. Ethan Sutton was suffering from the same problem as Mizwar, winning in unexciting fights, but after 3 fights he accepted a fight with new SIGMA signing Isaiah Monroe. Not much was known about Monroe until he shocked Sutton with a TKO win.

Another GAMMA star turned up in SIGMA during the year in the Middleweight division. Dexter Darling. Darling started his year by beating Matthew Dean by TKO, winning the GAMMA Middleweight belt and becoming the #1 ranked Middleweight, but in his next fight was beaten by Patrick Thomas to lose the belt. Darling then announced his arrival in SIGMA by challenging the man that beat Ethan Sutton in his last fight; Isaiah Monroe. The event took place for SIGMA's TV show, and Monroe proved himself again, beating Darling.

Monroe looks close to a title shot after the two huge upsets, but it is believed #2 Middleweight Ashley Ballard will be first in line, after joining from GAMMA and scoring a win over Bixente Fontaine.

Divisional Analysis

Welterweight Division - Noach Van Der Capellen has ruled the Welterweight division beating Evgeni Medtner to win the belt, and Kafa Bunya to retain, both victories by KO.

Chew Chua, signed from Alpha-1, has racked up 2 impressive wins, and will be fighting Jim Carpenter in January, in a fight to earn himself a Championship shot.

Datuk Ong Ka Ting racked up 6 wins in the year, but has been kept away from a title shot due to only finishing 1 of the fights. It will be interesting to see if he changes his approach, or if he keeps winning by any means nescassary and waiting until he can no longer be ignored for a title match.

Otherwise a pretty quiet year in the division.

Divisional Analysis

Lightweight Division - Similar to the Light Heavyweight division, the title remained in the camp of the champion from the start of the year, despite losing the belt during the year.

In March Basora lost his title to Fiyero Lermontov after being TKO'd. Basora bounced back with 2 straight UD victories, over Lukas Mellberg & Lermontov to regain the title.

A huge upset occured after Motoki Hojo, ranked #3 in his division joined SIGMA from ALPHA-1. He was placed against Harold Hubner, whose only fight of the year previously resulted in him tapping out to a Lubos Plasil armbar. Hubner shocked the world when he won by UD, and set up a series of matches between the two fighters. They next fought 2 months later, with Hojo gaining a measure of revenge with a TKO victory. The pair would have to wait until January to fight again.

SIGMA signed GAMMA fighter Truck Gleeson in the year, who secured 2 victories for the company, bouncing back from 2 consecutive losses in GAMMA.

Divisional Analysis

Featherweight Division - Despite beginning the year as champion, Lars Bohlin had a year to forget. His first defence of the year was a comfortable win over Francesco Marazzina, but in what looked like another routine defence he lost to the Irish man Colm Dee, and in an attempt to bounce back lost to Tomohiro Takeuchi, competing in his first fight since the closure of KDM-FC.

Brian Claremont provided the divisions excitement, losing his first 2 bouts of the year, but bouncing back with 3 wins including a huge upset win over Manish Khan. His approach of swinging his first at all time may have cost him some fights, but they helped him become popular with the fans due to all his fights ending by TKO.

Colm Dee had a successful year, with 3 wins, his last fight being a win over Lars Bohlin. But if he wants to keep his title he will have to fight against the odds. His next opponent is new signing Li-Kong Ho

Archived