I Desire A Challenge.

Been bouncing around several ideas for a private game for a while now, but I haven't really found a good one yet. My problem is that every game I think about opening up would be one I would want to a dynasty for.

But I don't want that. I want a C-Verse challenge, a private game I can just play and have fun, being able to advance freely without worrying about write-ups for the shows.

Anyone got any ideas? Not just a regular "play with TCW" or "play with CGC", but something with some stipulations added to it. Ya know what I mean? I desire a challenge, but make it reasonable.

Thanks.

I always think 0/0/0/0 games are fun...

How about:

0/0/0/0 games. Male wrestlers only. Choose one or two non-obvious projects to get over and try and have it so that within 2 years you've made a decent amount of progress AND they autopush to at least upper midcard.

Suggested projects: Rex Reeves/Nomad/Any Paratrooper

I fall into the "want something different... but what?" trap every so often. Some random ideas...

-run GCG and try to regain national status, but using only native talents. No foreigners. Stay true to the "GCG way" and no signing super juniors.

-similar, run PGHW but do not drop the match intensity, do not sign any foreign talent, and do not lightweight workers unless they fit the product.

-play as TCW. Try to overtake the SWF. But limit yoruself to signing 2 new talents per year, neither of whom can come from a promotion at Cult sized or above. Keep Kyle Rhodes as your color commentator.

I fall into the "want something different... but what?" trap every so often. Some random ideas...

-run GCG and try to regain national status, but using only native talents. No foreigners. Stay true to the "GCG way" and no signing super juniors.

-similar, run PGHW but do not drop the match intensity, do not sign any foreign talent, and do not lightweight workers unless they fit the product.

-play as TCW. Try to overtake the SWF. But limit yoruself to signing 2 new talents per year, neither of whom can come from a promotion at Cult sized or above. Keep Kyle Rhodes as your color commentator.

Good lord it's... it's just inhumane!

- Book MAW, only signing debutant or currently unemployed workers. If you feel like a real challenge, you could also set a time limit and release any talent that wins a title two or so years after the event, to mimic Rip's 'training' basis.

Oh, but Jay Chord must stay.

- Book MAW, only signing debutant or currently unemployed workers. If you feel like a real challenge, you could also set a time limit and release any talent that wins a title two or so years after the event, to mimic Rip's 'training' basis.

Keeping Rhodes definitely makes for a handicap. Nothing like every single match you run getting hit with a negative note for commentary. He never ever seems to improve in any game I've run. I can't recall ever getting him to B- in color.

Like the MAW one. Make it even nastier by having to keep Jay happy.

I feel your pain and have made the exact same observation. My attempts to keep him on in TCW games have proved... unpleasant. He's cemented in place.

And of course, I always feel bad for splitting him up from Azaria, but in honesty I get the feeling that he's lucky to have been employed for a company so big for so long anyway.

I feel your pain and have made the exact same observation. My attempts to keep him on in TCW games have proved... unpleasant. He's cemented in place.

And of course, I always feel bad for splitting him up from Azaria, but in honesty I get the feeling that he's lucky to have been employed for a company so big for so long anyway.

I've actually taken to setting Azaria and Rhodes to have Good chemistry together. I think its one of the most defensible chemistries to set to something positive. But moreso, I dislike the idea of taking over TCW and immediately changing up the announcing team that's been in place for almost a decade and a half. Hiring someone better and throwing them into the booth as a third kinda works but feels a bit cheap.

I did something similar to this and it was a lot of fun. Basically I just kept Rip Chord's idea for the promotion, a training ground, and booked purely on getting people over and improving their skills. I also wanted to really shy away from getting the top indy talent like Fox Mask, American Elemental, Ernest Youngman, etc.

Can always take the "random promotion challenge" of mine.

Get a list of every promotion in the game and use a random number generator to choose which you'll play.

Obviously, you're allowed to remove any companies you outright refuse to use from the list. For extra lulz, 97 and 77 to the mix!

Can always take the "random promotion challenge" of mine.

Get a list of every promotion in the game and use a random number generator to choose which you'll play.

Obviously, you're allowed to remove any companies you outright refuse to use from the list. For extra lulz, 97 and 77 to the mix!

Or you can play the product I used... which is difficult.

One of my favorites, not impossible, but very hard.

- Must use the Masked Avatar (has to have his Reputation edited so he can open a promotion)

- 0/0/0/0 Promotion.

- You must employ the XDW crew (Xavier Reckless, Fearless Blue, Super Sonic, Extreme Deluxe, Daredevil Aero), Mad Dog Mortimer, Dusty Bin, and Calvin Dark. They MUST work for your company if not otherwise employed.

- Can only hire talent rated as "Virtually Unknown" and native to your promotions homeland, or talent that has previously worked for your company.

- Your talent must be exclusive, you cannot hire or re-hire talent that has signed with another promotion while they're still employed there (you may continue to use them for the remainder of their contract with you however).

- Become a National promotion

Ok, it's really fun to find an exicting challenge.

That's mine

Step 1 XDW refoundation (0/0/0)

Product

MAIN daredevil and Modern

HEAVY cult, lucha

MEDIUM traditional

Face/heel High

mtch ratio 80/90%

Location - Mid South

Step 2 the roster

the 5 original+Paratroopers+ el medico+Ben Williams and Mark Smart

Annoucer: Gambino

No Road Agent (see below)

Step 3 - Limits and conditions

Hiring rules:

Max size: Lightweight

Style: cruiser, spot monkey, luchador

Nationality: only American and Mexican

Must be unemployed

Must be Virtually Unknow until XDW is at least Regional

Age Nobody over 30

isolation: no working agreement at all

The Company must do a monthly show as minimum

The Company must use all wrestlers every show

If another Company hires a wrestler, he must be released

The 12 "original" wrestlers can't be fired until 3 years (if not hired by someone else)

No road agent until XDW reaches Popularity 19%

Step 4 - Goals

After 5 years at least one "original" wrestler must have Pop 35 in Mid South

After 5 years at least othres 2 "original" must have Pop 25 in Mid South

After 10 years one of the original 12 must be in the Top 100 list

reaching popularity "regional" XDW must declare war to CZCW and win the battle

Hope you like it

Ok, it's really fun to find an exicting challenge.

That's mine

Step 1 XDW refoundation (0/0/0)

Product

MAIN daredevil and Modern

HEAVY cult, lucha

MEDIUM traditional

Face/heel High

mtch ratio 80/90%

Location - Mid South

Step 2 the roster

the 5 original+Paratroopers+ el medico+Ben Williams and Mark Smart

Annoucer: Gambino

No Road Agent (see below)

Step 3 - Limits and conditions

Hiring rules:

Max size: Lightweight

Style: cruiser, spot monkey, luchador

Nationality: only American and Mexican

Must be unemployed

Must be Virtually Unknow until XDW is at least Regional

Age Nobody over 30

isolation: no working agreement at all

The Company must do a monthly show as minimum

The Company must use all wrestlers every show

If another Company hires a wrestler, he must be released

The 12 "original" wrestlers can't be fired until 3 years (if not hired by someone else)

No road agent until XDW reaches Popularity 19%

Step 4 - Goals

After 5 years at least one "original" wrestler must have Pop 35 in Mid South

After 5 years at least othres 2 "original" must have Pop 25 in Mid South

After 10 years one of the original 12 must be in the Top 100 list

reaching popularity "regional" XDW must declare war to CZCW and win the battle

Hope you like it

This would be a great challenge for anyone. The XDW challenge!!!

I'm going to make a product for you, using dice. Roll a six sided die for the product. The promotion will be a 0/0/0/0 game.

Here is the product I determined via randomization... hope you enjoy the challenge, cause it's random...

Key Features - Comedy, Lucha Libre

Heavy - Mainstream, Realism, Hardcore

Medium - Traditional, Pure, Daredevil

Low - Risque, Modern

Very Low - Cult

None - Hyper Realism

As you can see, your goal would be to book a comedic promotion, but also tries to pass itself off as a legit realistic sport, while also having lots of blood and weapons, but remember to keep it family friendly too, maybe you should try having JIM FORCE be the focus!

Oh, and make this promotion a dynasty ;)

Archived