Wwe '12

UkWrestleFan

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd want something that feels different from the annual SvR fare, and plays like a... well, a game. SvR has always felt to me like a canned animation movez simulator. I'd want a satisfying, fun game to play. Not a glorified sandbox toy set that brags about letting you customize everything under the sun. Create-a-taunt means nothing to me if I'm bored 2 minutes into my first match.

Also, speed it up. SvR2011 was ridiculously sluggish.

Sounds like they're finally going to change it. They gave some examples of gameplay, like you can now interrupt any move that someone else is performing. They gave another example, where Cena hits a move, and Orton jumps in and hits one at the same time.

Hopefully they really change it though, and aren't just feeding us the same crap they do every year.

What do you want to see from the game?

No Mercy style editing of rosters and for CAW. It's more fun and simple. (wont happen)

GM mode?! It showed potential in one of the last games but never really took off after that.

Create a brand! +some free agents that are unlockable for the game. I'm over the legends, give me some new blood I can take to the top.

What do you hope they keep from the last SmackDown vs RAW game?

I didn't mind the career modes (with voice acting and all) and that universe mode or w/e it was. People bitched about it, but I preferred it over what we had before it.

Interesting...

I like the claim that the AI will actually learn in a match. Lord knows I got sick of playing Career modes and such with Jman and watching him just constantly back up, run, hit a move, and repeat over... and over... and over.... and over... cause "durrr", the AI was too dumb to counter running attacks, or do anything to avoid them.

I hope this lives up to its potential. Pretty funny to be touting an attack before you're on your feet, something those old N64 games all had. But those games only let you break up submissions and pinfalls, not other moves (even moves like the stalling suplex). Hopefully they find ways to incorporate momentum and timing over crazy button mashing and cheap exploits.

Day of Reckoning let you break up moves too. With any timing I could catch Mysterio mid air with a spear while.he was giving a west coast pop. Really good times back then

At times I found that system unbearable. Especially when you broke up moves with strikes and they just collapsed randomly.

It was fun at the time, but now I am falling out of love with the WWE games what they have said so far isn't going to rope me back in. (Smackdown vs Raw 2011 was the first time I haven't got a WWE game since...ever I think. Going back to Wrestlemania 2000 on the N64)

I'd want something that feels different from the annual SvR fare, and plays like a... well, a game. SvR has always felt to me like a canned animation movez simulator. I'd want a satisfying, fun game to play. Not a glorified sandbox toy set that brags about letting you customize everything under the sun. Create-a-taunt means nothing to me if I'm bored 2 minutes into my first match.

Also, speed it up. SvR2011 was ridiculously sluggish.

What he said............

Also, find a way to do 5 vs 5 elimination matches.

What does everybody think about the changes that are being talked about here?

I think I'm going to have to reserve judgment. While it's clear something had to happen after SvR11, some of the complaints here weren't ones that I had.

The first thing I'd want to see is I want to see a proper Exhibition mode and either a proper Career mode or more Roads To Wrestlemania. I absolutely HATED Universe Mode. When I'm playing a guy in something longer than an exhibition match, I want to feel like I AM my guy for the duration of the mode. Then maybe test drive playing the next guy I might be careering with in Exhibition so I know if I want to be him or not. With Universe mode, it felt like it was made for folks who wanted to play every match and hopscotch all over the roster casually. That's not me and never has been. Playing guys that I didn't care to be or think about at the moment quickly got boring and was a big factor in my trading the game in at Gamestop. I don't want to be having rip matches I don't care about out of cards or messing with an editor to delete relationships I don't want to see. I want to play my part and the parts that can effect me and let the rest of the game do as it will.

Oh and something else I really want to see that really goes back a long time. In the old Genesis games, when you had a Royal Rumble there was the full results screen at the end. And if you had to use multiple guys to win the match, it told you that at the end. That you'd won with Macho Man Randy Savage and he'd been your third guy you used in the match. I wish THAT would come back. It's always felt like more of an accomplishment to win using as few people as possible. If it's going to take me half the roster to win the rumble, I'd like the game to take note of that. And ideally hold that against you. It also told you who each guy eliminated and you could go over all the guys you'd used and tally up your total eliminations. So if you had to use a third of the roster to get through the match but still eliminated three quarters of the people you hadn't used that could still be an accomplishment in its own right.

If the game would bring this post-Rumble breakdown back, maybe the sense of "Oh yeah, Orton? You're going to dump me as Dynamite Kid, huh?! Let me take on Davey Boy and make you pay for that" would return. As it's been, bouncing around from guy to guy in the Rumble has felt cheesy for years and I'm not able to enjoy it like I'm meant to.

Oh and a training mode would great too. Especially if I can't have the Exhibition mode. Some place in the basement where I can do acclimate to a character I haven't used. Or just go and knock people around because I'm in

a bad mood and I don't want to deal with the game gaming me at the moment. If there are going to be changing the control engine, this seems like it ought to be a no-brainer. A lot of people will welcome the opportunity to learn the new controls without pressure because it is a new system. Yet it's shocking and a bit dismaying how few games recognize the value in this.

For me, the big thing is the Road To Wrestlemania story mode. Maybe it could get repetitive over time as only a handful of guys get RoW's. But that mode really makes me feel like I am Cena or Mysterio or whomever while I'm playing it. If there was one thing I loved in SvR11 after missing the last few games, it was that.

The first thing I'd want to see is I want to see a proper Exhibition mode and either a proper Career mode or more Roads To Wrestlemania. I absolutely HATED Universe Mode. When I'm playing a guy in something longer than an exhibition match, I want to feel like I AM my guy for the duration of the mode. Then maybe test drive playing the next guy I might be careering with in Exhibition so I know if I want to be him or not. With Universe mode, it felt like it was made for folks who wanted to play every match and hopscotch all over the roster casually. That's not me and never has been. Playing guys that I didn't care to be or think about at the moment quickly got boring and was a big factor in my trading the game in at Gamestop. I don't want to be having rip matches I don't care about out of cards or messing with an editor to delete relationships I don't want to see. I want to play my part and the parts that can effect me and let the rest of the game do as it will.

Why didn't you just disable Universe mode?

I hope this lives up to its potential. Pretty funny to be touting an attack before you're on your feet, something those old N64 games all had. But those games only let you break up submissions and pinfalls, not other moves (even moves like the stalling suplex). Hopefully they find ways to incorporate momentum and timing over crazy button mashing and cheap exploits.

Tbh, pretty much everything touted as new has been done before, most of it in other THQ comissioned games. Targetting limbs? That pretty much been in the series year upon year - evolving the system to target specific areas like the right arm or the left leg is alright, but hardly going to change the game. Move interruption is long overdue and considering it's been around since DoR (and was even in the much-maligned TNA IMPACT game) seems pretty poor that it's only now being implemented. Still progress is progress.

Apart from the canned moves though, the preview doesn't really address any of the other problems that have blighted this series though. I'm all for new features, but every year there are problems with the fundamentals - last years pin glitch was inexcusable, I can't believe nobody noticed in testing that the AI has an aversion to actually kicking out (it was a good way to counter the annoying interference overkill in Universe mode though - 25 second pin FTW!).

On the plus side, at least they appear to be revamping the whole match engine. As Self pointed out, everything else is gravy if there's no enjoyment in actually playing the matches.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1171571p1.html

Realistically, more structure and optional control added to Universe mode (such as locking teams/stables), no constant Inferno matches on RAW, etc as well as some actual stat-tracking. Plus fixes for all of the issues last year - i.e pin glitch. I'd also like to see many of the moves removed from the series last year reinstated (I can forgive the removal of the multiple spinebuster and chokeslam varients, but the amount of general moves was excessive).

Unrealistically, I'd like a bit of a move away from the game representing exactly how the WWE is portayed on TV, because frankly the matches lack any immersive atmosphere or grandeur.

I also miss HCTP's post match optional beatdowns.

Guest Cleric V

-I would love for them to add a create a ring feature. I mean especially with the logos people create. It just seems like the next logical step in create a features.

- I actually really enjoy universe mode, but if they can perfect it, that would be awesome (No, not Miz awesome either!)

I'm really curious about the new submission scheme, and it would be great to actually make people tap out / submit using more moves than the few that were available in struggle submission.

I understand they want the game fast paced but I have bad memories of old smackdown games like hitting high impact moves and the AI "no selling" them. I just hope its not like that.

I'm really curious about the new submission scheme, and it would be great to actually make people tap out / submit using more moves than the few that were available in struggle submission.

And I hope there are ways to both tap out AND submit. I'm not a big fan of submission by tapping out and I'd probably be very resistant to it if I were a wrestler myself. Give me the classic submission style and make a mini-game of keeping the arm up. And of course keep the tap out option for those who feel that's better.

-I would love for them to add a create a ring feature. I mean especially with the logos people create. It just seems like the next logical step in create a features.

- I actually really enjoy universe mode, but if they can perfect it, that would be awesome (No, not Miz awesome either!)

I understand they want the game fast paced but I have bad memories of old smackdown games like hitting high impact moves and the AI "no selling" them. I just hope its not like that.

I was in a q & a chat with one of the guys last year and he said there hopes for universe mode for the next game (12) is to have create a brand.

I was in a q & a chat with one of the guys last year and he said there hopes for universe mode for the next game (12) is to have create a brand.

Interesting. Maybe that would have helped me put up with Universe Mode if it had existed in this year's game. Set up a brand with CAW's and ideally downloaded folks where I could do as I would and let all the crap that seemed to want me to hopscotch the roster happen off unto itself. Sort of feds we aren't playing in TEW do.

Guest Cleric V
And I hope there are ways to both tap out AND submit. I'm not a big fan of submission by tapping out and I'd probably be very resistant to it if I were a wrestler myself. Give me the classic submission style and make a mini-game of keeping the arm up. And of course keep the tap out option for those who feel that's better.

That would be a nice addition, you could create alot of legendary moments with that. Even if they let you give that to certain wrestlers in the create a move section. Like legend wrestlers you would create or download.

That is very cool, the possibilites are pretty much endless with what you could do there. It really sounds like they are onto something this year, and let's hope they have a good showing at E3.

• 2 months later...

Archived