The Official Skyrim Thread

Synticha

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought I would bump the thread and mention where I am at in the game (if anyone cares..lol) -

1. Kohlfe, my Nord, has a love/hate relationship with the Falmer. Sometimes they are cool enemies, sometimes just a pain in the @** to deal with. Can't say that about the rest of the opponents he has clashed with in the game.

2. Had the first run-in with Dwarven machinations, which was a nice twist. Sweet stuff. I assume hammers work best vs these things, but did not have decent one to try out.

3. Some of these dungeons are huge. I play in spurts, ie when I have FREE TIME, but these lairs are sometimes friggin immense. Added is the fact I "insta-sneak" when in a dungeon and take my time. Just wish the damned NPC henchman would fight a little smarter.

4. After encountering a few too many snobbish Imperial nobles it is likely Kohlfe will join up with the rebellion. He just cannot stomach Imperial arrogance. A counsel with Ulfric is imminent I believe.... :D

• 2 weeks later...
http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/13145143504/entire-tamriel-landmass-built-into-skyrim

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this and if they have any thoughts on it? Is it fake though?

This is real, the developers put this into the game (as well as Hammerfell) for modders, and possible dlc to be released later. I'm thinking it will be Cyrodill and Hammerfell (Morrowind) 200 Years Later

http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/13145143504/entire-tamriel-landmass-built-into-skyrim

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this and if they have any thoughts on it? Is it fake though?

It's apparently half-right. I'm told that it only goes on for a certain distance, and then it kinda cuts off, and it's not exactly perfectly proportioned.

I saw a graphic that showed where the data ends, but preliminary results are poor for hopes of finding it again.

Also, I should note: It's just heightmap data. It's not full-featured or anything, and it's not even physical. If you go out above it and turn clipping back on, you'll fall forever. Or so I'm told. Too lazy to check.

Alchemy higher than athleticism? Wow. :p

I'm so glad Athleticism has gone in Skyrim...

!

Word!

I lolled when I eventually found out. During some conversations at the beginning of the game (which are realtime), I was actually running in small circles the entire time, jumping around as well, swimming instead of running if I could. It's way more fun if you don't have to do that. Ok, I guess you don't HAVE to, but it would be the more rational thing to do.

Then again, now I'm constantly sneaking around. XD

So I was given a quest to clean out a mine full of Foresworn. I go and do the quest and then I have to report to the owner of the mine that I have killed them all. The only trouble is, the mine owner was killed by the Foresworn before I even arrived. Therefore, I am unable to finish the quest!:confused:

Just faced a pair of glitchy Blood Dragons...they flew backward, one wing didn't flap, and fire shot through his body and out his ass! Also they were invincible as they had 0 life and would not die :(

Yeah there are a couple of quests that I just cannot finish due to bugs in the game. It sucks because I wanted to finish as much of the game as possible. I guess I will just beat the Main Quest line and then I will beat whatever I can beat in the rest of the game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LOL @ Horse Armor spoof. It was indeed perhaps the worst DLC of all time. Not that I dl'ed it.

I presume some DLC is bound to be released, with hopefully a conclusion of the civil war storyline, which I found to be somewhat lacking in the game. "Shimmering isles" is content that IMO saved Oblivion because, god damnit, that main questline was boring. If there are bug fixes in the 'GotY version' that will hopefully see the light at the end of the year, together with some DLC, this might be the ultimate game so far. :D

I'm still digging this game. Not full-out addicted anymore, as I don't blame for extended periods of time quite as often. But still play plenty. On my third character. Finished the main quest-line and all the faction quests with the second character.

I got my Smithing, Enchanting, and Alchemy all up to 100. Alchemy is quite simply the best way to make money in the game. Nothing else comes close. After stocking up on ingredients for awhile I went a potion rampage. Took me forever to sell them all off, but I went from 15k gold to 80k. Yeah, that profitable. And I realistically made more that, as I bought out the inventories of a bunch of the merchants so they had more gold to buy potions.

Despite using Sneak and Archery a lot of, I've been rocking Daedric armor for awhile. I just finally upgraded it. The full set has an armor rating of 924. Haven't enchanted it all up yet but I will soon enough. Also built me some super-weapons. I have a Daedric bow with 155 damage (base damage is like 22 or 24) and a pair of 150-damage Daedric swords that have a couple enchantments each. Its fun dual-wielding those.

I don't imagine I'll go through another character after this one, not for a long while at least. The weapon-less brawler you can build looks fun but I don't think it would be something I'd stick with... no matter how awesome it is to punch a dragon to death.

• 2 weeks later...

I only got this game a month ago, and holy crap. I'm still obsessed. I've always liked video games but as I've gotten older have really wound up sticking with the sports genre. I had always heard of the elder scrolls but didn't bother looking into it. I assumed it was a super linear, dungeon storming type game and never bothered with it. Man, I was missing out. I have been playing non stop, just exploring the world mostly. I'm level 48 now and am finally moving along some on the Civil War main quest. (The imperials are retaking the Rift baby!). I have barely played the Dragonborn quest at all. The rest of the time has been building my guy and just exploring; I've also done all of the Dark Brotherhood quest and have taken down a lot of random shorter ones. I'm an archer in this game, but I've purposely stayed away from certain parts of the game to leave them to discover for my second character.

Once I finish this run through, I'm going to do a magic heavy character and do all of the Companions and Thieve's guild quests, plus give the stormcloaks a try. I dig it.

Anyway, this is literally the first Elder Scrolls game I've played. Is Skyrim leaps and bounds deeper than some of the previous games? I want to try Oblivion after this but I wasn't sure if Skyrim will have spoiled the older games for me.

Oblivion is very similar to Skyrim in a lot of ways. Playing it after won't be a huge downer, IMO (the main story is crap, but we don't play TES games for the main story ¬_¬).

Any further back than that, though, and it'll probably feel like a waste of time. Morrowind was a great game when it came out, but it really won't stand up to Skyrim.

I've started playing again. I gave it up for ages, but I've reinstalled and I'm actually having quite a bit of fun as a stealthy mage type.

I do believe all followers are supposed to be immortal, unless cut down by the player. I do know that Lydia was an exception to that rule, though, as I had to reset after a giant stepped on her. Not sure if that's been fixed, or being fixed, or will be fixed, or the whatnots.

This is real, the developers put this into the game (as well as Hammerfell) for modders, and possible dlc to be released later. I'm thinking it will be Cyrodill and Hammerfell (Morrowind) 200 Years Later

Pumped for the DLC. I saw that they're expecting the new releases to be "meaty."

Oh god, the times I've killed Lydia. Eventually I just didn't bother anymore and just left her. That was in the main hall of the wizard guild. Ahh... good times.

Yea I took Lydia on an early adventure in what I expected to be a tough dungeon crawl. She was killed by a random bandit before I even got there. :(

Do some followers have the ability to not die. I have been trying to find an answer for this because I was planning on having my Redguard sword and shield character marry Aela the Huntress. Mjoll would have been my first choice but I don't like the extra "baggage" she comes with.

The nameless Dark Brotherhood associate cannot die, or at least she has not died on me and she has beaten down often. I don't think Cicero can die either as I have taken him on a ton of missions and no matter how many times he is near death, he doesn't seem to die.

However, some of the ones you hire can and do die. The chick that you can hire in Whiterun died in one of my missions. Shortly thereafter I got a note saying that she left her all her money to me.

I do believe all followers are supposed to be immortal, unless cut down by the player. I do know that Lydia was an exception to that rule, though, as I had to reset after a giant stepped on her. Not sure if that's been fixed, or being fixed, or will be fixed, or the whatnots.

They certainly can die, under some circumstances.

When they get low on health, rather than dying they drop to one knee are are essentially 'disabled'. But after a while they'll stop that and regenerate their health, effectively coming back to full health again.

EXCEPT if they drop to one knee in an area where they take continuous damage (in a lake of fire, in the path of an axe trap in a dungeon, underwater, in a very large battle where two or more hostiles are attacking them for a prolonged period of time, etc).

They're very hard to kill, but not immortal. I don't think they can die when they're not following you, though.

Skyrim's full of immortals, like those Roman leggionaires in the camps. I have fun beating them down 10 consecutives times and they keep getting back up. Wow, I can see why they made it to commander, with the immortality and all. would've been a problem if they were assigned for the ultimate attack on Solitude. Battle could have gone differently. :p

Archived