The Official Skyrim Thread

Synticha

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still debating on whether or not I want to go to to the midnight release. I do want to, but I get off work at 11 and don't really want to wait around on base for an hour.

Still debating on whether or not I want to go to to the midnight release. I do want to, but I get off work at 11 and don't really want to wait around on base for an hour.

Most midnight releases are starting at 10, because the line for this game is going to be INSANE.

Most midnight releases are starting at 10, because the line for this game is going to be INSANE.

Yeah that's what I'm guessing at now too. I just came back from my GameStop and the employee recommended for me to be there well before 10 or 11, but preferably 10. Not that I'm worried that I won't get my copy, I just want it ASAP without the inconvenience of being stuck in line for eternity! lol

My copy is of course going to be for PC. How about everybody else?

I would get it for PC since that's where I started with the series (with Morrowind), but my laptop can barely run Oblivion on higher settings, so I don't really wanna risk it.

Got it on PC. I have an i5, GTX 570 SLI rig and I'm getting (after a few quality ini tweaks) about 25fps at 1080p Ultra settings. Gone are the days when you could just load up a new game, change a few settings and start playing. It does look nice... just a shame I'll be busy tweaking it for the next few hours when I'd rather be playing it.

Well, I updated to the latest Nvidia drivers and now it's running at 36-120fps depending on whether I'm indoors or outdoors. Would prefer a more constant fps but I'm still tweaking. Awesome game so far.

So my Steam friends' list currently looks like this:

Friend1

In Game

The Elder Scrolls v: Skyrim

Friend2

In Game

Friend3

In Game

Friend4

In Game

You get the idea.

Absolute bastards, the lot of 'em. :'(

Gief money plx? :(

Sigh... still don't have the cash to make my PC a better gaming machine than my XBOX...

Still don't have my XBOX account back...

So with that, I officially hate all of you.

Can't you just make a Silver account to play it until you get your account back?

Also, started playing last night. Woke up this morning for class, and ughhh why did I stay up so late. Then I had an extra 20 minutes before I had to leave and I spent them remembering why I stayed up so late.

Made it to level 5 so far; the intro was pretty nice lead into the story. Have seen a couple of goofy things, but overall a slick looking RPG. Definitely a "Conan the Barbarian" feel to it, which is a nice change, since I am a huge Conan fan. Lots of "beefcakes" walking around though....

Right now my character is Kolfhe the Nord. Specializing in 2-handed weapons. Does anyone notice that there is a Scottish accent on most of the Nords? Pretty standard fantasy RPG fare, but the Scottish accents had me laughing for a minute there.... :D

XBox 360 here....

I am the absolute furthest thing from a fantasy fan. Dont car about Magic or Dragons, never played stuff like that growing up...

And I love this game.

The one thing its done though is made me salevate for what Fallout 4 might be.

Just had that conversation with my mate a few hours a go.

Loving Skyrim so far one of the only games I have looked forward to for months that has not let me down in any way at all.

Hehehe, Ultra High settings and not a single time did I experience a lag in gameplay! I love this little bugger! *Kisses laptop* **** Yeah! :p

So far I've just been ****ing to tell you the truth. The main storyline is EPIC, but this vast MASSIVE world just keeps getting me sidetracked! They may have topped Morrowind with the amount exploration they put in!

My character so far: Angeal Knightwolfe, melee-oriented mercenary, bad ass of all Nords.

I haven't slept at all for the past two days and I don't see myself changing that anytime soon! O.O

Hehehe, Ultra High settings and not a single time did I experience a lag in gameplay! I love this little bugger! *Kisses laptop* **** Yeah! :p

So far I've just been ****ing to tell you the truth. The main storyline is EPIC, but this vast MASSIVE world just keeps getting me sidetracked! They may have topped Morrowind with the amount exploration they put in!

My character so far: Angeal Knightwolfe, melee-oriented mercenary, bad ass of all Nords.

I haven't slept at all for the past two days and I don't see myself changing that anytime soon! O.O

dude what kind of laptop do you have? must be a beast. I have a decent gaming PC and I can only run it on high.

I can do ultrahigh for a little bit but once a few things start going on at once performance takes a dump so I had to knock it down to high. Still looks amazing

Archived