A Note on 0/0/0/0 Games

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hefty loan shouldn't be the way this is played, IMHO. Starting from scratch, a "loan" shouldn't exceed 5000$ max! And it should be paid of as soon as the money is there.

I consider the "loan" an option to stay afloat until regional. Nothing more, nothing less. Signing a 400$ worker with this "cheat" is definitely a no-no.

I don't really care, to be honest. Enjoying my time playing this means more to me than whether I'm 'cheating' or not. The the grind is enough of a challenge for me as it is. To each their own, of course. But I'll more than willingly admit that I'm not as good as others at this game and am still basically 'getting the hang of it' even after playing it for years.

I just get tired of spending most of my playing time simming, so the loan is to let me run more shows per month and progress faster. I'm using the 1987 mod btw

I don't really care, to be honest. Enjoying my time playing this means more to me than whether I'm 'cheating' or not. The the grind is enough of a challenge for me as it is. To each their own, of course. But I'll more than willingly admit that I'm not as good as others at this game and am still basically 'getting the hang of it' even after playing it for years.

I just get tired of spending most of my playing time simming, so the loan is to let me run more shows per month and progress faster. I'm using the 1987 mod btw

And you know when you get right down to it, that's the important part. The rules of this challenge are merely a framework. You may not be using the full framework. But as long as you're enjoying your game with the parts you are using, you're doing it right.

Ya, as it is I play with a LOT of handicaps but I figure once I figure things out I can de-handicap it little by little. I can't remember the last time I played with 'perfect show theory' on. Then again, by not learning how to use it, I'm missing out on the added bonus that using it correctly could give me, so in the long run I probably progress more slowly.

It's not that having a loan is "cheating," it's that it's not a 0/0/0/0 game. It's a 0/0/0 game, which might as well stick in this thread.

I'm starting one where my initial roster, barring a few rare exceptions (and I'll likely fire Lords of War <_<) only costs $100 or less. If I don't have enough people, I'll buump to $200. But it's looking interesting.

I'm looking at possibly running a TEW10 diary soon where I start at rock bottom in terms of popularity and such, but have a ridiculous amount of cash due to the owner being rich and all....and I'm just wondering a few things.

A) Can I vary up Condor's show-booking formula with some success? Like instead of his typical "two interviews, champion goes over, challenger starts brawl to the back to get his heat back" do maybe "two interviews, champion goes over then stable of wrestlers beat the hell out of said guy." or maybe even "two interviews, champion goes over and thats the end of the show"

B) Any rough ideas of a match intensity rating that doesnt get the stupid as hell "intensity was too much for some of the fans despite the fact its the middle of a goddamned feud and its SUPPOSED to be intense." note? God, I remember booking a feud match in SWF that was a ladder match for #1 contendership, i think it was Jack Bruce and Rich Money, and then seeing that note caused my blood to boil because an intense match HAD to happen there.

C) With these new-found funds, can i possibly get a guy at Independent Name like Roderick Remus, who I've noticed is a good morale booster and passable enough worker, instead of just straight up Virtually Unknowns, or do they get poached almost instantaneously?

D) If I purchase a dojo, should I go for General Training or Technical? I want guys that can have a match with pretty much anyone, since I might try getting an untalented big 300+ lb brawler over at some point, but do pure technicians perform as good in-game as they do IRL in getting good matches out of untalented slugs?

E) I know its suggested the Paratroopers are godawful due to lack of psychology and etc, but since they give free morale and can be a stable of sorts, how do I use them? Do I put them in six man tag matches to hide their flaws, or do I put them in certain types of singles matches? Also, what road agent notes and such can I use?

2. Intensity has to do with your product. Certain products have no Intenstiy (nor danger) restrictions; some require it to be on the button.

5. Let the Paratroopers be your Low Level Trios champs. Game set never hire them ever ._.

4. With the right product, you could use...$5,000 worth of workers and still be financially viable. So shoot, if money's not a problem, get guys like...Fumihiro Ota and...James Prudence off the bat. Both probably will get stolen; Remus won't. Because he sucks.

3. General or Basic would be your best bet; you're looking for a performer, not a technician. Amber Allen is a technician who is a bad performer (and young, admittedly); Robert Oxford is a genius performer (who, incidentally, has tech skills as his highest).

1. Yeah. With Perfect Show Theory on, the thing is you want to have an ebb and flow, except never with angles. Angles that tank will screw you. But having a crap match as the penpenulitmate match is probably a good idea. Having an angle end the show is...fine. Neutral, really, whether it or the match should end the show (actually, given that a high angle might hurt the main event, put it after or earlier on the show to rise the crowd).

6. And...this post is stupid. Really, really stupid.

I like 0/0/0/0 games because of one reason, and really after all the responces to this thread I can't believe I have a desire to admit it.

I like them because I can't really screw anything up from the start. Sure... I could start off with one of the normal ones, USWF being my favorite because of someone getting me hooked on Jim Force... But when I start from 0, everything is better then what I started with. If I can be patient enough to do shows every 60 days instead of every 30, I even make money at it.... right from the start.

As for renders and all that, I might not know the names, but I must have looked them all over dozens of dozens of times.

You know as I'm typing this I can't help but to notice I get something similar to "Lag". Has been going on ever since the advertisements been going on here. It doesn't really slow me down like actual lag would, but things like the curser going in back of what I just typed or dissapearing all together happens on these forums now... Never did that before, nor does it do it anywhere else I post.

white dolphin-

A- yes just with a pop based product its easy to build up a select group of guys. I usually start with my top 6 workers in 3 1v1 unchained storylines

Oh you can try different angles i just use what i am used to.

B- I dont touch the intensity sorry not much help there i just know for some products it doesn't like it to be above a certain point at 20 you safe all around

C- All your best workers will be poached if they reach some point. I have had paradox poached by SWF

D- General training is fine, i think basic training would be good but so far i have not had success with it

E- The paratroppers are fine for jobbers who knows one may even have a high destiny stat

I like them because I can't really screw anything up from the start. Sure... I could start off with one of the normal ones, USWF being my favorite because of someone getting me hooked on Jim Force... But when I start from 0, everything is better then what I started with. If I can be patient enough to do shows every 60 days instead of every 30, I even make money at it.... right from the start.

If you wait out the first month. And aren't paying guys a lot of money per appearance you still should make money every month doing one show. I was running an hour show. 4 singles matches. A referee, Announcer, My user character doing Colour and Road Agent, and was making on average 2,000 a month. This was with one guy earning around 200, a couple on 150 and the rest on a 100.

Eidenhoek's not one to be nasty, I'm fairly sure he meant that his post was stupid; no doubt because his answers were numbered in a 'unique' way.

It was at my post, for a few reasons:

1. You used letters; I used numbers.

2. In the wrong order.

3. And I misnumbered three and four.

The questions were fine, actually, and this is certainly the topic in which to ask them.

It was at my post, for a few reasons:

1. You used letters; I used numbers.

2. In the wrong order.

3. And I misnumbered three and four.

The questions were fine, actually, and this is certainly the topic in which to ask them.

This reply would have been so much better with your points ordered as C, A and B, but I'll let you off :D

I'm looking at possibly running a TEW10 diary soon where I start at rock bottom in terms of popularity and such, but have a ridiculous amount of cash due to the owner being rich and all....and I'm just wondering a few things.

A) Can I vary up Condor's show-booking formula with some success? Like instead of his typical "two interviews, champion goes over, challenger starts brawl to the back to get his heat back" do maybe "two interviews, champion goes over then stable of wrestlers beat the hell out of said guy." or maybe even "two interviews, champion goes over and thats the end of the show"

A formula is completely unnecessary for success, so to answer this question; you could definitely vary it and still do well. Condor just found what worked and went with it, because his objective was (correct me if I'm wrong) to power-game to success. Nothing wrong with that, btw, just that I'm pretty sure he was booking for pure results.

B) Any rough ideas of a match intensity rating that doesnt get the stupid as hell "intensity was too much for some of the fans despite the fact its the middle of a goddamned feud and its SUPPOSED to be intense." note? God, I remember booking a feud match in SWF that was a ladder match for #1 contendership, i think it was Jack Bruce and Rich Money, and then seeing that note caused my blood to boil because an intense match HAD to happen there.

Match intensity doesn't work that way. As Eidenhoek noted, intensity is purely a product thing. Once your ideal intensity is found, you probably shouldn't vary it, because otherwise the fans are going to complain. It's less to do with "The wrestlers put more into it" - that's just wrestling psychology - and more the distinction between WWE style and Puroresu.

Wrestlers not holding back in high profile matches is actually inherent in the game, it's why you get "holding back slightly" dings on matches that don't take place on Events/PPVs. They ARE putting their all into it. However, the fans aren't going to like seeing Jack Bruce suddenly knocking Rich Money's head off with a ridiculously stiff lariat, you know?

C) With these new-found funds, can i possibly get a guy at Independent Name like Roderick Remus, who I've noticed is a good morale booster and passable enough worker, instead of just straight up Virtually Unknowns, or do they get poached almost instantaneously?

Remus is accessible even starting at $0. With a small promotion, absolutely do not worry about people getting stolen. It WILL happen. The best you can do is to get everything out of your workers whilst you still have them. If you have lots of money... then there's probably little harm in getting a few bigger names, just bear in mind that the smaller you are, the more options they're likely to demand.

D) If I purchase a dojo, should I go for General Training or Technical? I want guys that can have a match with pretty much anyone, since I might try getting an untalented big 300+ lb brawler over at some point, but do pure technicians perform as good in-game as they do IRL in getting good matches out of untalented slugs?

General and basics are probably the best for getting balanced workers. Remember that dojo turnover is REALLY low though.

E) I know its suggested the Paratroopers are godawful due to lack of psychology and etc, but since they give free morale and can be a stable of sorts, how do I use them? Do I put them in six man tag matches to hide their flaws, or do I put them in certain types of singles matches? Also, what road agent notes and such can I use?

As jobbers. Have people crush them repeatedly to get themselves over. Have tag teams squash combinations of them to get over. If they improve, well great, but otherwise they should really just be fall guys.

Short matches and domination are good for those purposes, especially with legitimate and brute gimmicks.

If you wait out the first month. And aren't paying guys a lot of money per appearance you still should make money every month doing one show. I was running an hour show. 4 singles matches. A referee, Announcer, My user character doing Colour and Road Agent, and was making on average 2,000 a month. This was with one guy earning around 200, a couple on 150 and the rest on a 100.

I didn't even know that it was possible for one person to do both jobs!

I didn't even know that it was possible for one person to do both jobs!

Wow, that makes me feel so much better when someone of Jaysin's caliber didn't know that either. I found that out in my latest RtG game myself. Thought I was the only one that didn't know that. Makes it so much easier for the Local & Small levels too.

#areyouseriousbro

I had no idea!

Its the same way you can stick an in ring worker in a commentary chair. Unless you specifically check the tick box to filter only announcer/commentators you can make anyone sit in one of the chairs. Only in rings workers can't commentate their own matches. I find its a great way to build entertainment skills and overness for in ring workers as they'll gain both from sitting in the chair.

My apologies, but some more questions.

A)If I set a workers loyalty to my promotion and a written contract, does this keep him permanently part of the promotion unless I release the person in question? I want to add custom people who wouldn't leave due to being related to the owners.

B)What are some paint-by-numbers formulas for tag teams?

C)What determines a person's ability to accept/deny a sick bump spot?

Might have more later if I think of them, thanks for the responses earlier.

Archived