SWF In 2013

Guest KingOfKings

Guest Asaemon

http://i57.tinypic.com/15oz2px.jpg

This is how i set it up. First i was thinking of one more reign for The Outbackers, but with both The Perfect Storm and The Lords Of War on the roster; The Outbackers probably would have begun falling down the rankings. It also seems like The Perfect Storm should have held the titles on more occasions than The Outbackers.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do yo guys typically use Marshall Dillon? He's been a jobber for me the better part of a year because I just draw a blank for him

In my current SWF save, been using him in a similar way to NXT's Baron Corban.

Gave him a few months of easy wins, eventually had him lose then started his streak again.

I have him primarily wrestle on my B show at current so he's not beating anyone overly important.

No further immediate plans for him other than getting him over and maybe moving him to my A show.

How do yo guys typically use Marshall Dillon? He's been a jobber for me the better part of a year because I just draw a blank for him

I once signed Cowboy Buck Winchester (I think that's his name) to a development deal with the aim of making them tag partners in a few months. A few weeks before Buck was due to be called up Dillon got injured for 6 months... That was the one and only time I ever had a plan for Marshall Dillon.

In my game jungle Lord took him as his protege so i created an alt for him and call him jungle man and they were a tag team

Given the tough guy aura I think he's having, I would pair him with Steve Frehley.

Speaking of the 2014 database, while The Chase Agency has usually Paul Huntingdon as the designated fall guy, Frehley would need some help to balance the heels. Frehely loved the help, taking the cowboy under his wing. Later you could turn Dillon to be the fourth member of The Chase Agency, giving a chance to elevate the former Aristocrat.

He's under 29 right? Does he even have a big future ahead of him. Check your hot prospects (if he's not on it set anyone who is to UM, ME or No Push to get them off and see the next few) if he's not on it period or he's at Dark Horse for future success he's not really going to be able to get enough overness to get too much higher then midcard. If he's at "A Lot of Success" he'll hit upper 60 and amybe can be overpushed into Lower 70s. Anything higher then that (in order of lowest overness cap to highest) Break-Out Star, Big Star, Sky's The Limit, Huge Star. Then he may be usefull do you depending on what his skill caps are going to be.

So yeah I always check on young guys see if their worth pushing before deciding to do anything big with them.

I try pairing him up with a combinations for a tag team. While not as common as Entertainers, the SWF has a wealth of young brawlers, and there is plenty of potential to find a good chemistry note somewhere.

I have a group of "Development Floaters" whose I only keep if A) they are a NBT or B) they have a good tag chemistry note:

Lenny Brown

Chill

Ekuma

Sythe

Justin Sensitive

Masked Patriot

Ranger

Avalanche

Lassana Matsuki

Marshall Dillion

Bear Bekowski

Spencer Spade and Primus Allen are the lone "keepers" in SWF no-matter what, and I have the same strategy for both: debut them as babyfaces and if they can get over, turn them and have them join the Chase Agency.

If Dillion were to end up a "NBT", I consider either pairing him in storyline with Steve Frehley or Christian Faith, both are similar size and have similar storylines. I generally work by the rule to start a guy as babyface, and once they catch on, bring them along later as a heel. Frehley is usually willing to put guys over, so I'd consider a pairing and then a feud after I've knocked him down to Upper Midcard with Steve leaving in a Loser Leaves Town Match. Faith has similar personality traits but is a whole lot older and a whole lot more over.

If I'm running short on tag teams, I may sign RIPW PPA Talent Kentucky Bill, and re-form his long running tag team with Marshall "Southern Comfort". I sometimes do the same with Justin Sensitive and pair him with Raphael as "The Heartbreakers" -- Honestly, while Bill/Dillon are the more talented pair, I tend to prefer Raphael/Sensitive as I prefer Cruisers/Smaller Guys.

Honestly, the talent pool in the independents is too deep for me to keep around the majority of Developmental in SWF as anything more than a low-level jobber unless they show considerable potential. There are only a few workers I can job out to get guys into the midcard/upper midcard, and I like to reserve them for a few key international talents, notably Swoop McCarthy.

I am getting into a new SWF game as owner (Floyd Moore aka Jack Avatar), just finished January 2014 using the updated C-Verse. Using the default storylines, but added Hero Squad vs. Platinum Blondes and Squeeky McClean vs. Jefferson Stardust.

I immediately ended the war with USPW, but TCW declined to end. I've started mulling the idea of forming an Alliance with USPW with the mission of putting TCW out of business.

I immediately signed PPV deals with Demand-TV Mexico and Jade 237.

I'm trying to keep the roster down as well and will only offer developmental contracts unless I have a specific plan. So far I've signed: Deadly Deadshot (developmental), KC Glenn (to be Huey Cannonball's new partner) & Nomad (developmental).

I have offers out to: Amazing Fire Fly (developmental) & Xavi Ferrera (developmental).

The Blondes won the tag titles at When Hell Freezes Over after James Prudence cheated to pin Jungle Lord. Hero Squad now chasing.

I've already changed The Awesomeness from an active team to occasional because Jefferson Stardust has Next Big Thing. Stardust & Huey Cannonball are still on good terms although Cannonball and new signing KC Glenn told Stardust on the last Supreme TV that they are forming a new team called The Amazingness. So I'm going to put Stardust up against Squeeky McClean to train him up a bit and have him come up short going for the North American title, then have to deal with "The Amazingness" who are going to go heel.

Had to fire Big Smack Scott. He failed a steroids test after the first PPV and I gave him a final warning, and then he failed a second at the last Supreme TV of the month. BSS got buried against Stardust in his last appearance on Supreme TV.

Robbie Retro, Paul Huntingdon and Marc DuBois are all also on the NBT board, which is pretty cool. I often fold DuBois right into the Chase Agency, but I'm not going to do that this time. Looking at some of the suggestions I think Spencer Spade would be a great fit, especially since I could easily envision Rogue getting sick of "The Supreme Star" pretty quickly.

Bear Bekowski & Everest are The Big Things. They got a pre-show win over Pain Alliance after BSS's first failed test. ;)

Justin Sensitive & John Greed are The Extremists, jobbing away at the moment.

I got a great chemistry note for Des Davids tagging with Marshall Dillon, and I don't mind pushing American Machine a bit with the face paint alt pic until Masked Patriot is ready to leave developmental and become his new tag partner. So I added to Dillon's backstory a bit (a big dude like that from Texas had to have played high school and/or college football) and gave them both Dawn the Cheerleader at their manager. Old school team name for the time being while they work up tag experience: Davids & Dillon.

Eisen went over Valiant at When Hell Freezes Over using a foreign object and it really sapped some heat from their storyline. I've tried inserting Vengeance for the time being but the eventual plan is to get Vengeance with Frehley which would be after Awesome Impact (March) when Frehley's Chase Agency storyline will end.

Lingering questions: I want to get Rich Money heading back towards his "lone wolf" persona but not quite sure how to do it. I think something about Money still holding a grudge against Eric Eisen.

I sort of want to get Stardust & Valiant with Christian Faith to get a rub but there's really no reason for them to be together.

With BSS fired and The Pain Alliance gone, should I bring Death Row back to SWF?

I don't really have anything in mind for Marat, Lobby, Gilmore or Sexy at the moment.

I'm new to the SWF experience as I've always stuck with USPW are NYCW. However my curiosity has killed me as I've recently gotten into SWF. I was wondering if anyone has ever given the aging Chris Morrisette A.K.A. Lobster Warrior a chance at prime time. I can't help but find myself in love with him, but I scrapped the Lobster Warrior gimmick and switched him to "No Nonsense" Chris Morrisette. A no gimmick needed bad ass who doesn't take any bull from anyone on his quest to the SWF World championship which he believes should have been his some time ago. Kinda like 2004 Benoit, thoughts???

(Chris Morrisette below, best I could get on that damn game with only a handful of options :p )

251270037_WWE2K15_20150430052506.thumb.jpg.85efca7ec5aa608668129e7642a766a4.jpg

Marc DuBois & Randy Bumfhole start off the game disliking each other. Has anyone incorporated that into a storyline with any success? There doesn't seem to be any backstory for it so seems like something that could be explored or expanded on.

I'm new to the SWF experience as I've always stuck with USPW are NYCW. However my curiosity has killed me as I've recently gotten into SWF. I was wondering if anyone has ever given the aging Chris Morrisette A.K.A. Lobster Warrior a chance at prime time. I can't help but find myself in love with him, but I scrapped the Lobster Warrior gimmick and switched him to "No Nonsense" Chris Morrisette. A no gimmick needed bad ass who doesn't take any bull from anyone on his quest to the SWF World championship which he believes should have been his some time ago. Kinda like 2004 Benoit, thoughts???

(Chris Morrisette below, best I could get on that damn game with only a handful of options :p )

Taking him out of the suit is a fairly typical approach. It seems to be what a lot of people do when running the SWF. Its hard to take a guy seriously and push him when he's dressed as a lobster. Similar to how many don't like the name of the Bumfhole brothers and want to rebrand them.

Personally, I like the added dynamic of the lobster suit. I like finding ways to make the starting data to work as much as possible, at least for a time. The changes come but gradually. I vary the "take" on Lobby in each game. The "easy" approach is the comical, goofy "I'm a SUPER Hero!" take, similar to what the E has done with some characters. I prefer something a bit different, often giving him a serious badass demeanor.... but he just happens to wear a lobster costume. Everyone else almost ignores it at this point, but one of two people - commentators, heel managers - constantly point it out and everyone just shrugs it off. A storyline I was going to run in an SWF diary that was planned was to have him evolve, starting out a bit more of the goofy take, but then after getting targeted by someone (Vengeance perhaps), he develops the more serious, angry, aggressive, badass demeanor. Everyone thinks its building towards him shedding the shell (which becomes a fan chant) but it never does. So he becomes a badass but in the costume.

Taking him out of the suit is a fairly typical approach. It seems to be what a lot of people do when running the SWF. Its hard to take a guy seriously and push him when he's dressed as a lobster. Similar to how many don't like the name of the Bumfhole brothers and want to rebrand them.

Personally, I like the added dynamic of the lobster suit. I like finding ways to make the starting data to work as much as possible, at least for a time. The changes come but gradually. I vary the "take" on Lobby in each game. The "easy" approach is the comical, goofy "I'm a SUPER Hero!" take, similar to what the E has done with some characters. I prefer something a bit different, often giving him a serious badass demeanor.... but he just happens to wear a lobster costume. Everyone else almost ignores it at this point, but one of two people - commentators, heel managers - constantly point it out and everyone just shrugs it off. A storyline I was going to run in an SWF diary that was planned was to have him evolve, starting out a bit more of the goofy take, but then after getting targeted by someone (Vengeance perhaps), he develops the more serious, angry, aggressive, badass demeanor. Everyone thinks its building towards him shedding the shell (which becomes a fan chant) but it never does. So he becomes a badass but in the costume.

I agree with you. Whenever I take Lobster Warrior out of the suit I get bored of him. I always saw Lobster Warrior as the indie darling guy who never gets pushed and is held back with a bad gimmick. I book him in a similar sense to Sami Zayn or Daniel Bryan. He is the underdog for the SWF and has some strange charisma that makes him instantly likable. Instead of the yes chant he has all of his corny ocean catchphrases that the fans eat up. I never could book him right until I came up with that comparison.

I've been going back to previous game versions to look at the evolving history of the companies and workers a bit and in TEW05 Enforcer Roberts and Texas Pete were in a tag-team called The Hired Guns so I'm bringing that team name back to give one last tag run for Roberts and help get Dillon trained up working with a legendary ring general. Once Roberts is ready to retire or go be a trainer in developmental I'll break Dillon out on his own.

I've been going back to previous game versions to look at the evolving history of the companies and workers a bit and in TEW05 Enforcer Roberts and Texas Pete were in a tag-team called The Hired Guns so I'm bringing that team name back to give one last tag run for Roberts and help get Dillon trained up working with a legendary ring general. Once Roberts is ready to retire or go be a trainer in developmental I'll break Dillon out on his own.

I really like this idea. Thanks

<p>I'm using Vengeance right now to "cleanse SWF of all things impure. Basically going after the gimmicky characters. To start, I have him going after Lobster Warrior. I'm using Lobster to train younger talent at the moment, but until I get fully past the starting storylines, I need somebody for a program with Vengeance. Since he's not in decline yet, I want to protect him. In order to take advantage of his popularity and give the rub to some guys, who would you all recommend I take for a Ministry of Darkness type stable?</p><p> </p><p>

Long term, I've got an idea to kind of do like a Survivor Series elimination match, or maybe a War Games. Perhaps that feud will be with Lobby and his underground clan of some Indy guys I plan to sign, or maybe turn the group and have the work a program with the Chase Agency. I know Scythe will be a huge part of whatever I do. The long term plan is to have him be the surprise guy on whichever program I run and then have him go over the lower pop guys for a couple months. </p><p> </p><p>

Aside from him, who are some other workers I could sign, or alter egos that would fit in this type of stable. If I go the Chase Agency route, they will transition to faces by seeing the error of their ways and deciding to not allow for any more injustice, as they realize what they were doing was not good. The group would turn into Vigilant type characters. Basically like Sting in his current WWE run.</p>

Yeah a couple of people recently named Scythe, along with Beast Bantom & Soul Taker (you'd have to be International to sign them). You also have a few other big guys in developmental you could re-package for that like Avalanche, Ranger & Ekuma. I kind of like the idea of guys like Frankie Perez, Joey Poison or Remmy Skye for a Brood type team, but again you might be able make that work with guys already on the roster like Rouge (which would work great with a Chase Agency program) and John Greed.

<p>In my mission to get Jefferson Stardust going since he has NBT in my SWF save, I might steal a "gimmick" from the watcher sim I just ran. In that sim I advanced two years and Hero Squad are still the tag champs after two years and Stardust failed to win the belts with 6 different partners (Scythe, Marc DuBois, FAG, Kurt Laramee, Enforcer Roberts and Huey Cannonball). </p><p> </p><p>

Now that the belts are on the Platinum Blondes in my SWF game it might be a good way to get FAG & Prudence over while Stardust keeps struggling to find the right new partner. Cannonball has formed a new team with KC Glenn called The Amazingness so I'm wondering if I should shift the belts to them (with Cannonball [or a manager] explaining Cannonball finally won the tag titles because Glenn is a better partner than Stardust) and then have Stardust be chasing his former partner, unable to find that right chemistry until way down the line. </p><p> </p><p>

That would cool the plans I have for Stardust to rub with Christian Faith and go through an unsuccessful North American program with Squeeky McClean, but might be a better long-term journey for him. Any thoughts or ideas on this?</p>

<p>Stardust and Cannonball were NBT in one of my games while Faith was terminal so I put all of them in a stable to help get the young guys over. Have Faith cut promos for them while they're involved in the angle, work 3 man tags and the like.</p><p>

Then when they're both over enough to give you good ratings in a singles program you could have one get jealous because Faith is helping teach/train the other more and start developing cracks until the turn happens. Giving one a win over Faith in the long run should work out nicely.</p>

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

http://i62.tinypic.com/e5jwb8.jpg

Guess who my favorite worker is.

Almost done with my first year and it's been going great. My formula for Supreme TV is now pretty simple: Spam long A-rated angles with main event talent, aim for 60% match ratio to carry overall rating, kill the crowd with terrible matches, and end on a high note. I don't think I've ever been so excited to book 3 minute matches.

• 2 weeks later...

looking for a bit of Storyline help, Eric Essien has just beaten Steve Frehey for the World Title following interference by the debuting Primus Allen who is now part of the reformed Syndicate.

however, Frehey is out of action (kayfabe) and im having Primus take out anyone who has crossed Eric. so far, its been Runaway Train, an announcer and a ref.

Which of the wrestlers on the roster would Eric have an issue with?

thank you in advance

Archived