SWF In 2013

Guest KingOfKings

Thanks for the awesome replies. Roster bloat becomes an issue with every SWF game of mine. I have abandoned saves because I fill my roster with workers I don't have uses for. Now I welcome the bloat. I just make sure to only sign workers I have concrete plans for, and limit the number of workers I sign with low popularity. It usually doesn't take long for my roster to resemble WWE in 2002 and I typically aim for a brand split toward the end of 2014.

I agree about the Natural Storm. I have the Bumfholes starting singles pushes, so they could fill that gap perfectly. I also see what you guys mean about Ultimate Phoenix. I doubt I could make him worth the contract I would have to shell out. I have Blue Phantom in development in the touring promotion I always set up as a better development territory. El Mitico Jr. works there as well. Dermot O'Logical also works there, but I am thinking of bringing him in so we can specifically work on his entertainment skills. You're right. Why not give him a chance. As for Garner, I change risque to medium from the beginning, so that would not be a problem. I feel like he could have some amazing matches with guys like Gilmore and Remo, but if the crowd really won't accept it, it won't work. I wouldn't bring him in as an integral part of the roster. More like a 1-2 year contract to build some overness and pass it on other workers while hopefully having classic matches. He almost definitely wouldn't go near the title.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have some potential signings I am not sure about and was looking for some thoughts/insight:

The Natural Storm - I like the maxed out tag experience, as I think it gives their match ratings a high floor. However, they are not very skilled individually and they would start very low on the card.

Natural Storm isn't the Machines or New Wave -- but they aren't at the same point in their careers, so it's an unfair comparison. The team is young and still growing. Rayne is the one that is more "ready now" of the two, but Howard has more overall potential.

Admittedly, the biggest drawback has to be the apparent blandness of both workers -- I think from a creative and kayfabe standpoint, it may be best to let them get over as a team but plan to split the two apart down the road, with the added bonus being that the split/feud would probably get both guys over.

Ultimate Phoenix - I feel like there is a void for a high-profile masked luchador in the SWF and I don't think anyone would fit this role better. He has good all-round skills, but not very much overness in the US. Plus you would most likely have to outbid SOTBPW, which I have found very difficult. If anyone has signed him before, I would be interested to know how easily he gained popularity.

I've yet to use Pheonix, but simply based on skills, he's fairly lackluster compared to other talents south of the border.

SOTBPW has an amazingly talented midcard -- personally, I'd go after Velocidad, who has amazing potential but is raw and mallable. The Golden Kings bring a solid tag act that is over south of the border, and both have plenty of potential. If you hit international, El Fuerza is worth a look -- I've seen him get over pretty quickly, and he has Jack Bruce level promo skills. I may take a flier on El Leon too at international -- he's terrific in-ring and at 31 the sky is the limit.

All of those guys listed are pretty close to Pheonix in overness, but younger and less experienced.

Dermot O'Logical - The gimmick is perfect for SWF's midcard. He lacks skills just about everywhere, but could improve in development.

At his age and experience, there are numerous better options (though I'll admit I've been burned by Dermot before). I think you'd be better off using Doctor Michael O'Haire -- he has a similar gimmick and could make a decent pairing with McClean.

Buddy Garner - I'm the owner, so nothing prevents me from signing MMA crossovers. A cross between Brock Lesnar's recent WWE run and iruleall15's diary has me inspired to turn Buddy Garner into a monster heel in the SWF, but I am worried his style will not work with the product. If it doesn't work, it could be a colossal waste of time.

The "Style" isn't what actually has the effect* -- rather, it's the fighter's individual stats. Many forget this, but Marat Khoklov got his start in INSPIRE, a worked MMA promotion, and he's one of the five most over guys in starting SWF (he even held the KOF once). Garner's major problem is his lack of entertainment -- while his star quality is great, he lacks the menace and charisma to get over. Garner could be a decent one-off -- with the right opponent, he could have a great match -- but little more at this point in his career.

[This is from the thread testing promotion product/style back ~2008]

It's that old question resurfacing again now that I'm writing a few 2015 shows in advance for the new diary.

With Jack Bruce (face) and Rich Money (heel) at A* and Angry Gilmore and Remo (face) and Rocky Golden (heel) at A-level popularity as of January 2015, would it make sense to introduce a second main event title? Here's a quick wrap-up of what's currently going on in the main event scene.

Main feuds are now Bruce vs reigning champion Money for the World Heavyweight title, and Remo vs Golden in a battle of powerhouses. So as not to leak too much out, my lips are sealed on Gilmore's current storyline...for now.

Right now I have 12 main eventers in a roster of 60, with one of them (Joey Minnesota) currently holding the North American title. Marat Khoklov's still on my roster exclusively booked for PPVs (and I can't wait to cut him loose, TBH) and Captain Atomic's popularity is a high B-, but everyone else is at B or better. And as I've done in previous games, Nothing to Lose (February) is my Money in the Bank equivalent, and I'm planning two six-man contract ladder matches for that one. For When Hell Freezes Over, it's going to be Remo-Golden in the semi-main and Bruce-Money in the main event.

Another 'main event title' sounds really samey to me. Like, the feuds would run the risk of overlap with your World and North American stories. With as big a roster as you have, creating something new to fight for could be great, but it should be 'different' in some way. Hardcore rules. Maximum/Minimum weights. Maybe a different environment, like an octagon/no ropes/steel cage only belt. Or it's not an official title at all, rather a enchanted object that does 'something' that main eventers would want to get their hands on (like a treasure map or magic potion).

Giving people something else to fight for? Awesome. Just another belt? Boring.

Hmmmm...guess I'll go for that then, since the only brand split I'm contemplating is turning Uprising into a purely NXT-style show. I did kinda wonder anyway why WWE still kept both main event belts for a while after the brand split ended.

Since I had Remo and Golden possibly feuding for the planned second main event belt, I'll probably have them fighting over "alpha dog" status, Remo being the physical freak of nature he's always been in the SWF, and Golden arriving late in 2014 as a big, imposing sort in his own right, and someone who hasn't been pinned or submitted since his SWF debut.

The true sign of a great main eventer is the ability to capture the attention of the audience without requiring the title belt in the first place. Being so big you don't need the title to keep people from believing you're at the top. There are tons of compelling reasons to fight some one else it just depends on how soap opera-y you want to get with it. With some one like Remo a bit more of realistic storyline is probably better, who is the biggest dog in the yard is always a good go to for him.

I gotta agree with Self – its more appealing to do something other than another main event title. It would be different if there was an actual brand split but even that….having two “world” or top titles is a rather contradictory idea.

That said, there are so many possibilities and it really depends on far you want to go.

The Face of the Company – this could be anyone but works easily with Jack Bruce when he doesn’t have the title. So in theory, the champion should be the “face of the company”, but maybe they still use Jack Bruce because he’s Jack Bruce. Think of all the PR work that John Cena does. Someone else wants that role. Cue feud.

Sponsorship – being a star in a company as big as the SWF brings perks. Lucrative sponsorship and endorsement deals. Someone lands a huge deal with Dassler Sports Wear and someone else wants. Cue feud.

The Ladies Hand – there is something outdated and misogynistic about two men fighting over the hand of a woman, as if she had no right to decide herself… yet it still works. Cue feud.

The Magical Object of <Insert Power Here> - okay, this one is a touch cartoony for my tastes in concept, but the execution doesn’t have to be. It can be played rather straight and serious.

Historical Object of Personal Value – everyone knows that Remo was a world class high school wrestler, right? That he has a huge collection of trophies that he values dearly. And that his trophy for winning the Global Superstar Mega-Max Wrestling Tournament as an 8 year old is his most valued possession. Someone wants it. Cue feud.

THIS IS MY PLACE – Jack Bruce is from New York. Jack Bruce is New York. He loves the city and the city loves him. Nowhere is he more loved than his favorite restaurant, Papa Guido’s in Little Italy. But lately, Rich Money has been showing up there and Papa Guido has been showing Money plenty of love and respect. Only one SWF Legend has the right to call that restaurant home? Who will it be? Cue feud.

It can be almost anything that someone might value or desire. It doesn’t matter if has any connection to wrestling.

It's that old question resurfacing again now that I'm writing a few 2015 shows in advance for the new diary.

With Jack Bruce (face) and Rich Money (heel) at A* and Angry Gilmore and Remo (face) and Rocky Golden (heel) at A-level popularity as of January 2015, would it make sense to introduce a second main event title? Here's a quick wrap-up of what's currently going on in the main event scene.

Main feuds are now Bruce vs reigning champion Money for the World Heavyweight title, and Remo vs Golden in a battle of powerhouses. So as not to leak too much out, my lips are sealed on Gilmore's current storyline...for now.

Right now I have 12 main eventers in a roster of 60, with one of them (Joey Minnesota) currently holding the North American title. Marat Khoklov's still on my roster exclusively booked for PPVs (and I can't wait to cut him loose, TBH) and Captain Atomic's popularity is a high B-, but everyone else is at B or better. And as I've done in previous games, Nothing to Lose (February) is my Money in the Bank equivalent, and I'm planning two six-man contract ladder matches for that one. For When Hell Freezes Over, it's going to be Remo-Golden in the semi-main and Bruce-Money in the main event.

I think having so many high-level stars creates an opportunity to convert SWF into a dynamic, international company, and this is best done by introducing new titles and retiring old titles. This scenario allows for a temporary excess of titles to capitalize on the number of over main eventers with mechanisms to return to the old title structure at a later date.

I agree there shouldn't be a straight main event title -- however, I think a title similar to the old intercontinental championship in WWF, a smirch below main event, would work well in 2014 SWF. I would "create" the title as a main event belt, and after creation, change it to a "floating" title. Therefore, the title starts with main event prestige, but will fluctuate depending on title match quality.

This new title serves two purposes: 1st, it sets up the opportunity for a tournament, keeping both feud participants (Rocky and Remo, for example) in competition but preventing them from direct combat, slow building an eventual match. 2nd, SWF is the dominant company in the 2014 CVerse, and as such, it has outgrown the "North American Title", and a secondary title sets up a title unification storyline/match down the road while signifying broad appeal.

I haven't seen tournaments mentioned, but I believe that a one-night tournament PPV, similar to King of The Ring, is a great fit in 2014 SWF. It not only sets up a possible blow-off, but it also can generate new feuds/storylines. I'd have the reward be a World Title Shot at the subsequent PPV. I'd recommend replacing Break Like The Wind with, say, "Night of Legends" with the winner claiming a title shot and gaining the title of "The Supreme Legend".

As a fan of your diaries 3rdString I have to say I lose interest on your show writeups rather quickly. There's just too much going on. You introduce too many characters, title, concepts, brands, etc. too quickly without really establishing anything. Again this is just my opinion but having multiple world titles, multiple midcard titles, EVERYONE having a feud just turns the thing hectic. The promos are too long because the characters have so much going on that they turn into walls of text.

A little bit of less is more would be more helpful than more titles. I say all of this a big fan of your writing and characterization.

Boiling the ocean. That's the term.

To be honest, I've been thinking about that too. Even I find my show writing too tedious when I backread my old stuff. Which is something I'm trying to avoid with the new diary. Trying to do too much, too soon, pretty much. Guess it's my natural tendency to make sure everyone, or most people have something to do. And the fact I grew up on the Attitude Era, where everyone was involved in some storyline or another. In retrospect, it's kinda harder to enjoy now that I'm 30-something.

So far, I've tried to keep my roster at a max of 60, not counting a couple who are on their way out. I've let some of the midcarders float for a bit. And I've decided not to add a second main event title. I kinda have a LOT of storylines right now, but nine for a roster of 60 beats eight for 38 like I did last time. Maybe shorter writeups for lesser storylines would help?

Glad to see loyal readers and heroes alike helping me out here, since I'm hoping the new diary trumps the KP trilogy.

9 stories is a lot for readers to wrap their head around. In my CGC diary (admittedly a different kettle of fish with its smaller roster and shorter tv show) I liked having 4 per PPV arc, with each episode focussing on just 2. I didn't like to split focus too much.

I've never bought into the notion of 'everyone should have a story'. I believe everyone should have an 'act'. A character. A personality. Something to make them worth seeing. And maybe that something evolves through their appearances, and their wins and losses affect them in various ways... but it doesn't have to be a 'story'. Just things that happen.

Boiling the ocean. That's the term.

To be honest, I've been thinking about that too. Even I find my show writing too tedious when I backread my old stuff. Which is something I'm trying to avoid with the new diary. Trying to do too much, too soon, pretty much. Guess it's my natural tendency to make sure everyone, or most people have something to do. And the fact I grew up on the Attitude Era, where everyone was involved in some storyline or another. In retrospect, it's kinda harder to enjoy now that I'm 30-something.

So far, I've tried to keep my roster at a max of 60, not counting a couple who are on their way out. I've let some of the midcarders float for a bit. And I've decided not to add a second main event title. I kinda have a LOT of storylines right now, but nine for a roster of 60 beats eight for 38 like I did last time. Maybe shorter writeups for lesser storylines would help?

Glad to see loyal readers and heroes alike helping me out here, since I'm hoping the new diary trumps the KP trilogy.

From a game mechanism standpoint, an international company runs best with a minimum of six storylines -- the game requires you to have four storylines with a minimum of 65 heat, and it's very easy to fall below that threshold and take a major penalty. Nine may be a bit excessive -- however, I'd advise against knocking the number down below seven. I'd look instead to use writing mechanics to reduce the overall workload from the number of storylines you currently have. I've listed a couple of my ideas to do so here.

Try intertwining the existing stories you have. You can do this by "merging" the storylines (for example, having Remo/Rich Money ally again and Jack Bruce/Rocky Golden team up out of necessity) or through Survivor Series/Multi-Man matches, with one or both sides on the same page about a "common enemy".

I usually do both with storylines involving the Chase Agency -- I'll have two separate in-game storylines... one involving Brandon/Big Cat versus a main eventer and another one with Huntingdon and Rogue versus a midcarder, and at the same time, run an occasional three man match against a team that includes one or both of the "good guys" in the storyline. An object (say, the MITB-like Ladder matches you referred to earlier) can involve multiple smaller storylines, and be a blow-off point for a few as well.

I'd consider using the announcers to "get over" a storyline instead of promos/protracted dialogue. For a midcard storyline, put a small note after or within the match writeup getting over the reason for the "issues" between the combatants as the match goes on.

I'd suggest making extensive use of tag team stables/breakup storylines. There isn't a lot of explanation to use (the two guys teamed, and broke up) so the storyline doesn't use a lot of dialogue. It sets up a multi-match PPV program from possibly a few lines of dialogue on a TV Show, so it's very efficient, and in many cases the less over/less useful partner can be released soon after, helping you manage the size of the roster.

This is more for personal games than diaries at this point, but I have come to embrace the value of letting someone float. This is different from not having plans or uses for someone, and knowing that you won't. Rather, its not having something for them at the moment, knowing you will down the road a bit, and essentially keeping them at level while you get there. I used to struggle with that. I always wanted all my upper level workers in feuds at any given time. Part of it was because of angles - these workers tend to be the ones who do the best angles, and how can you put someone in angles, promos, etc, when they aren't in a feud? But you obviously can. And there can still be plenty of value to keeping someone "at level" for a spell. You can reinforce character elements - so if Remo isn't feuding with anyone in particular, he can be mauling and bullying the lower card, reminding fans (and readers) of how much of an athetlic bully he is. Angles don't have to be about a specific feud - they can built up a worker in other ways. These floating spells can also be used to set stuff up - the next feud or storyline, future stuff, character changes, a face/heel turn, etc.

I have also come to realize that not every storyline needs to be a feud. Sometimes, it can just be a story involving two or more workers. It may or may not need to be a in-game storyline, but the mechanic can accomodate non-feud stories. These can be an interesting dynamic in a diary as they may not be apparent as stories to the readers. Heck, the writer sometimes doesn't realize they are really part of a bigger story arc - stuff like two workers comign together as a team, finding success, eventually feud, etc.

Great feedback KnowYourEnemy! What you said is pretty much what I had in mind for the Natural Storm. They could easily anchor my tag division while the Bumfholes go their separate ways and the Biggins inevitably sink lower and lower on the card. They'll surely get stale after a few years tops, and I can have them turn on each other and feud. Some tag teams are just begging for this. And I like the suggestions for luchadors. I didn't realize exactly how many workers match or surpass Ultimate Phoenix. I guess I just a soft spot for him because he starts in SWF's dev territory in the 1997 mod, and I think the SWF would see him as a new Enygma.

With Jack Bruce (face) and Rich Money (heel) at A* and Angry Gilmore and Remo (face) and Rocky Golden (heel) at A-level popularity as of January 2015, would it make sense to introduce a second main event title?

I didn't introduce a second main event title until I did a full brand split at the end of 2014 (starting with 2013's data), and I don't do that until I can split the roster and show ratings will not decrease whatsoever. That takes a long time to accomplish. 12 main event workers seem like too much for one brand, but can 6 main event workers guarantee the same show ratings as 12? I don't think it is if you are trying to stay at international. I had 17 workers auto-pushed to main eventer when I split the roster. I don't think two main event titles work with one roster. It didn't make very much sense in WWE after their brand split ended.

Once again, I find myself drawn back to SWF. Started a new game last night. Poring over this thread gave me some great ideas, both for starting storylines and general booking philosophy.

The general stuff:

I'm going to do my level best to make sure that wins and losses *matter*. On that same note, brawl and attack angles are actually going to be comparatively rare. The idea is that the Commission that "regulates" SWF frowns on non-sanctioned violence, and so wrestlers who engage in that and are caught are punished with either fines or suspensions. Unless, of course, your last name is Eisen or you have money or connections with the Commission. This is what makes Eisen such a great heel. He can blindside and assault his opponents, hospitalizing them, with impunity because he's an Eisen. Rich Money is independently wealthy, so he can afford whatever fines or suspensions come his way. But for faces and heels who are all about making money, that rule serves as a general deterrant. So when non-match violence DOES break out, it's immediately a big deal.

The storyline stuff:

I'm keeping all the starting storylines.

Remo will play Lesnar to Bruce's Remo, with Sexy playing Heyman as I'm transitioning him into a manager role. I'm borrowing BigPapa's idea (Remo WRECKS Bruce on PPV, Bruce tries to mount a comeback but finds he just doesn't have *it* anymore, engages in soul-searching).

Faith and Vengeance are doing a "one more time, for old time's sake" match at When Hell Freezes Over. Faith will go over and Vengeance will go offscreen for a while, to prepare him for a creepy return, possibly at the head of a Wyatt-like stable.

Gilmore and Money are doing a "I'm the best in the world, no I am!" story. Gilmore will eventually come out on top, to prepare him for an eventual run at Remo's title.

McClean is playing title keep-away from Retro, Davids and Greed. I terminated the All-Americans tag team because I'm bringing in some new talent and American Machine is basically a dead weight jobber. So Retro, Davids and Greed all are viewed as prime NA title contenders. Retro is pinging as a Next Big Thing, so he may win the belt from McClean.

Hero Squad and the Platinum Blondes are having a pretty standard feud for the titles. I haven't fleshed out any major story ideas, but I expect they'll both have their hands full in my newly revamped tag division.

Valiant and Eisen are doing their thing, with Eisen gleefully breaking the rules that Valiant can't, or won't break in return. Basically Joker to Valiant's Batman. Eisen's going to bring in the Pain Alliance as muscle, which will prompt the Bumfholes to step in and back Valiant up.

Frehley versus the Chase Agency is building toward a Frehley/James match. Frehley's going to have to beat both Rogue and Huntingdon in one night to earn a chance to avenge himself against James. Still not sure what my plans are for Frehley long-term. He and Remo have a lot of bad blood, but just like Cena and Orton I feel like that rivalry is kind of played out by now and as long as Remo is in the title picture, Frehley won't be.

Once again, I find myself drawn back to SWF. Started a new game last night. Poring over this thread gave me some great ideas, both for starting storylines and general booking philosophy.

The general stuff:

I'm going to do my level best to make sure that wins and losses *matter*. On that same note, brawl and attack angles are actually going to be comparatively rare. The idea is that the Commission that "regulates" SWF frowns on non-sanctioned violence, and so wrestlers who engage in that and are caught are punished with either fines or suspensions. Unless, of course, your last name is Eisen or you have money or connections with the Commission. This is what makes Eisen such a great heel. He can blindside and assault his opponents, hospitalizing them, with impunity because he's an Eisen. Rich Money is independently wealthy, so he can afford whatever fines or suspensions come his way. But for faces and heels who are all about making money, that rule serves as a general deterrant. So when non-match violence DOES break out, it's immediately a big deal.

The storyline stuff:

I'm keeping all the starting storylines.

Remo will play Lesnar to Bruce's Remo, with Sexy playing Heyman as I'm transitioning him into a manager role. I'm borrowing BigPapa's idea (Remo WRECKS Bruce on PPV, Bruce tries to mount a comeback but finds he just doesn't have *it* anymore, engages in soul-searching).

I like the idea of Sexy as a manager -- but he's spent so much time as a comedy character, it's difficult to imagine him switching immediately to a main-event "Heyman-like" Character. Sexy makes a lot of sense starting out allied with the Platinum Blondes, who have similar gimmicks to the one Joe is familiar with.

I'd have Money play the "Heyman Role" initially, with Joe being brought in as his sidekick/understudy -- Money and Remo start TEW 2014 as part of an inactive tag team with low experience, so the two become viable in tag matches (which Joe can manage, repackaged under his old "Joe Money" identity). I'd ease Joe into the role of "full time manager" and a new, serious persona befitting a character such as Remo.

I'd be more confident in another veteran, say Rogue or Chris Morisette (unmasked Lobster Warrior) as a "quick" Heyman doppleganger, but even then there would need to be some transition. You may consider an independent manager (such as QAW's Vinny Cruz or MAW's Ernest-Fordyke Hume) to fill the role if you view it as an immediate need.

McClean is playing title keep-away from Retro, Davids and Greed. I terminated the All-Americans tag team because I'm bringing in some new talent and American Machine is basically a dead weight jobber. So Retro, Davids and Greed all are viewed as prime NA title contenders. Retro is pinging as a Next Big Thing, so he may win the belt from McClean.

I think the North American Title is too much, too fast for Robbie. I'd instead try to pair him up with a stable or a tag -- there are a number of workers who are both around his weight class who are entertainers (Captain Atomic, Lobster Warrior, American Machine, Christian Faith, and you can always turn him). I had great success with a Lobbie/Atomic combo after Hero Squad dropped the belts due to bad chemistry -- even if you don't plan on turning him, I'd test out tag chemistry through house shows with Primus Allen, Marc Dubios and Paul Huntingdon among others, in case there is a match.

Hero Squad and the Platinum Blondes are having a pretty standard feud for the titles. I haven't fleshed out any major story ideas, but I expect they'll both have their hands full in my newly revamped tag division.

Valiant and Eisen are doing their thing, with Eisen gleefully breaking the rules that Valiant can't, or won't break in return. Basically Joker to Valiant's Batman. Eisen's going to bring in the Pain Alliance as muscle, which will prompt the Bumfholes to step in and back Valiant up.

I like where you're going here -- I might consider using a newly brought in tag team as Eisen's muscle instead of the Toxic Pain Alliance-- though I will admit their uselessness makes them sort of novelty darlings on this board. If nothing else, I'd test out tag combos with similar workers and see if you can find a pairing with chemistry before turning to Kurt and Smacker.

Frehley versus the Chase Agency is building toward a Frehley/James match. Frehley's going to have to beat both Rogue and Huntingdon in one night to earn a chance to avenge himself against James. Still not sure what my plans are for Frehley long-term. He and Remo have a lot of bad blood, but just like Cena and Orton I feel like that rivalry is kind of played out by now and as long as Remo is in the title picture, Frehley won't be.

--and that's the way it should be. Frehley doesn't really have the basics to hang with the big dog in SWF -- I've been burned by him multiple times. I usually shuffle him down to the midcard pretty quickly and replace him with an up-and-comer. I'd have the agency go over here, if for no other reason that Chase is a valuable asset that deserves to be managing top-tier talent.

In my headcanon, Joe Sexy was shelved at the end of his botched face run by...dun dun dun...Remo. Sexy spent several months away and when he returned, it was in a more serious, managerial role. He was so impressed with the beating he took by Remo that he began advocating on the Destroyer's behalf, including brokering a title shot on Remo's behalf from the Commission. Basically, he's Remo's personal hype man and advocate.

In my headcanon, Joe Sexy was shelved at the end of his botched face run by...dun dun dun...Remo. Sexy spent several months away and when he returned, it was in a more serious, managerial role. He was so impressed with the beating he took by Remo that he began advocating on the Destroyer's behalf, including brokering a title shot on Remo's behalf from the Commission. Basically, he's Remo's personal hype man and advocate.

Sexy is actually a decent worker, is he so far gone in physical ability or in times decline that he's unusable as such any more?

I like the idea of Sexy as a manager -- but he's spent so much time as a comedy character, it's difficult to imagine him switching immediately to a main-event "Heyman-like" Character. Sexy makes a lot of sense starting out allied with the Platinum Blondes, who have similar gimmicks to the one Joe is familiar with.

I'd have Money play the "Heyman Role" initially, with Joe being brought in as his sidekick/understudy -- Money and Remo start TEW 2014 as part of an inactive tag team with low experience, so the two become viable in tag matches (which Joe can manage, repackaged under his old "Joe Money" identity). I'd ease Joe into the role of "full time manager" and a new, serious persona befitting a character such as Remo.

I'd be more confident in another veteran, say Rogue or Chris Morisette (unmasked Lobster Warrior) as a "quick" Heyman doppleganger, but even then there would need to be some transition. You may consider an independent manager (such as QAW's Vinny Cruz or MAW's Ernest-Fordyke Hume) to fill the role if you view it as an immediate need.

I think it depends entierly on your own perception of Joe Sexy and his character. If you picture him as teh fumbling, bumbling, Leisure Suit Larry slashy Quagmire "lothario", then yeah, it might be a stretch to suddenly see him as a legitimate. But if picture his character more as a sleezy salesman who's primary product is "his own sexy self", then it actually works as a very logical transition. Being a comedy character can work in a number of different ways. He just goes from promoting himself and his own sexiness to promoting the virtues of the wrestler he is "advocating" for.

I can't imagine using Rich Money in that role, because with the characterization I've attached to him, it doesn't fit at all that he would advocate for someone else. I actually see that as the reason he and Remo don't team up anymore. They are both going to be after the world title so Remo is a rival. My take on Money is that he is a clever and subtle manipulator, using people to his own ends. He did that with Gilmore and with Remo, until they gain ambitions of their own or don't have any further use to Money. Then he dumps them. Having this type of character advocate for someone else is sorta contradictory, even if its fits in with the history and the manipulative aspect. If Money is on severe time decline and is basiaclly done in the ring, it would be a different matter.

Which is not to say a take on any given character is going to be wrong. Just that different takes means different feels for what fits and what doesn't.

My take on Sexy has been to make him a far more diabolic character and less comedy. I change his name to Joseph Lust and put him in a stable with John Greed and I bring up Primus Allen to be Josiah Wrath. Usually I also hire Krissy Angelle to be Joanna Envy. Wrath and Greed take a little building since their overness is so low, but with Wrath's menace and the other two's Entertainment skills they can put on some decent segments, along with Lust's drive for the North American title.

Sexy is actually a decent worker, is he so far gone in physical ability or in times decline that he's unusable as such any more?

I think it depends entierly on your own perception of Joe Sexy and his character. If you picture him as teh fumbling, bumbling, Leisure Suit Larry slashy Quagmire "lothario", then yeah, it might be a stretch to suddenly see him as a legitimate. But if picture his character more as a sleezy salesman who's primary product is "his own sexy self", then it actually works as a very logical transition. Being a comedy character can work in a number of different ways. He just goes from promoting himself and his own sexiness to promoting the virtues of the wrestler he is "advocating" for.

I can't imagine using Rich Money in that role, because with the characterization I've attached to him, it doesn't fit at all that he would advocate for someone else. I actually see that as the reason he and Remo don't team up anymore. They are both going to be after the world title so Remo is a rival. My take on Money is that he is a clever and subtle manipulator, using people to his own ends. He did that with Gilmore and with Remo, until they gain ambitions of their own or don't have any further use to Money. Then he dumps them. Having this type of character advocate for someone else is sorta contradictory, even if its fits in with the history and the manipulative aspect. If Money is on severe time decline and is basiaclly done in the ring, it would be a different matter.

Which is not to say a take on any given character is going to be wrong. Just that different takes means different feels for what fits and what doesn't.

Yeah, Sexy was transitioned to a non-wrestling role both because of his time decline and because he just isn't good enough for the spot he has on the roster, but he's golden on the mic.

I like to see Money as somebody who cheats more because he can, and because he can get away with it, than because he needs it. When he digs down deep, he can pull out sufficient levels of badass to take on guys like Frehley and Remo. But he's so used to getting by with cheap wins that he doesn't do that often. The Jack Bruce Man Under Pressure storyline was a good example of when Money actually stepped up his game.

So with both Bruce and Frehley suffering pretty devastating defeats in my game (to Remo and James, respectively), I think I'm going to go for a Rocky/Apollo Creed type story with them. Each helps to motivate the other as they work to rekindle their momentum, but they run into a roadblock with Ivan Drago in the form of Marat Khoklov. That should last through Supreme Challenge, if I play it right.

Oh, and I gave Scott the boot after he started a fight with his own tag team partner. Kayfabe, Eric Eisen soccer kicked him in the head after Scott ate a pin by Valiant in a 6-man tag also featuring the Amazing Bumfholes. Behind the scenes, after the PPV I used a fail drug test as an excuse to terminate his contract.

Hey, I at least *tried* to give the jerk a chance.

Oh, and I gave Scott the boot after he started a fight with his own tag team partner. Kayfabe, Eric Eisen soccer kicked him in the head after Scott ate a pin by Valiant in a 6-man tag also featuring the Amazing Bumfholes. Behind the scenes, after the PPV I used a fail drug test as an excuse to terminate his contract.

Hey, I at least *tried* to give the jerk a chance.

You could have used his finisher, The Supremacy.

According to Wrestling Spirit 3, it's Randy Orton's Punt Kick.

So with both Bruce and Frehley suffering pretty devastating defeats in my game (to Remo and James, respectively), I think I'm going to go for a Rocky/Apollo Creed type story with them. Each helps to motivate the other as they work to rekindle their momentum, but they run into a roadblock with Ivan Drago in the form of Marat Khoklov. That should last through Supreme Challenge, if I play it right.

I'm assuming that's gonna be your MAIN storyline? Or do you have something like Money vs Remo or Money vs Faith cooking for the main event?

If not, sounds rather risky. Even in a fed where popularity counts for so much, SOME wrestling skills, and, particularily, quite a bit of Psychology, are required in the main event of your biggest PPV for it to be succesful. If you're putting Marat in there, he'll need someone to carry him. And I'm not sure Bruce can do that, and pretty sure Marat vs Frehley would bomb hard enough I wouldn't even want it in the semi-main.

Archived