SWF In 2013

Guest KingOfKings

I need help. Just finished the SC36 with 3 brands but it feels like i have too many top guys that im doing absolutely nothing with. Don't have enough stories for them since i do favour a lot of people. I had 95 active wrestlers and i've now cut it down to 71 after releasing a lot of people including Nicky Champion, joe sexy, lobster warrior etc.

My question is, is it better to use 3 brands or switch back to 2? What have you guys tried before?

I had a similar issue when I broke out my SWF game into 2 brands. The idea was great and I was able to create storylines for everyone however, I found it slowed the game down a lot more and made it less enjoyable. So it just a matter of preference if you can make it work go ahead and stay with 3 brands if it’s too much drop back to 2.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all.

I'm struggling with a character: Squeaky Mclean.

Just cant really visualise or imagine who he is and what he wants in my head.

This is bad because he's developed nicely in my game (B+ or better in every performance stat) and can be relied upon to make midcarders look good. I'm about to start a feud with Frehley to give the big fella some nice training but cant really work out why they'd feud.

All thoughts would be extremely welcome here

Hi all.

I'm struggling with a character: Squeaky Mclean.

Just cant really visualise or imagine who he is and what he wants in my head.

This is bad because he's developed nicely in my game (B+ or better in every performance stat) and can be relied upon to make midcarders look good. I'm about to start a feud with Frehley to give the big fella some nice training but cant really work out why they'd feud.

All thoughts would be extremely welcome here

Not sure how you're running Frehley but think of McClean as Right to Censor. Something he does doesn't sit right with McClean, he's too violent, he swears too much, he's too hood, he doesn't wear a suit and tie. McClean doesn't think a champion should have these traits so he's intent on keeping Frehley away from the title picture.

Not sure how you're running Frehley but think of McClean as Right to Censor. Something he does doesn't sit right with McClean, he's too violent, he swears too much, he's too hood, he doesn't wear a suit and tie. McClean doesn't think a champion should have these traits so he's intent on keeping Frehley away from the title picture.

Cheers Apu

All makes perfect sense - obvious now you bring it up. Frehely is pretty much the version from Eisenverse' SWF diary if I'm being honest s this fits nicely

Cheers Apu

All makes perfect sense - obvious now you bring it up. Frehely is pretty much the version from Eisenverse' SWF diary if I'm being honest s this fits nicely

It doesn't even need to start with violence. McClean comes up to him and tells him if he wants to be champ again he should clean up his act and offer to help him. Frehley declines polite saying he just wants to be himself and that should be enough. Things escalate slowly McClean always offering a tip, trying to straighten up Frehley's shirt rips it by accident, that kinda thing. Frehley gets frustrated and finally wails on him after awhile. Maybe Frehley gets a shot at the title or maybe its just a number one contenders match and McClean costs him the match, this time on purpose. Next nigth McClean goes on his big rant about some one as uncouth as Frehley doesn't deserve the title and he's going to make sure the Thug never gets it. Then you start having matches between the two. If the match that McClean costs Frehley was a number one contenders match than the first battle could be a tag bout between the teams of Frehley and the Champ and McClean and the new number one contender.

• 2 weeks later...

OK - question time.

Christian Faith is 8 years past his prime and likely to hang em up any time soon. He's actually my champ (one last run!) but will be dropping the belt in a couple of weeks.

In development I have Matty Faith on a long-term deal. Given my UC is Eisen I thought Matty would get a deal.

I'd love to run a dad/son storyline but Christians uncertain future scares me. If I don't do it soon I might not ever get the chance. On the other hand Matty is no way near being ready. So I have 3 options:

A] Leave Matty in RIPW to develop

B] Call him up and have them team together in the hopes dad's skills will rub off

C] Call Matty up and have them feud together.

With either B or C I'd run the other storyline straight after (assuming Christian stays active). So either they team for 6 months and Matty turns on dad OR Matty comes in as a rebellious kid and then they reconcile.

ANy thoughts chaps?

OK - question time.

Christian Faith is 8 years past his prime and likely to hang em up any time soon. He's actually my champ (one last run!) but will be dropping the belt in a couple of weeks.

In development I have Matty Faith on a long-term deal. Given my UC is Eisen I thought Matty would get a deal.

I'd love to run a dad/son storyline but Christians uncertain future scares me. If I don't do it soon I might not ever get the chance. On the other hand Matty is no way near being ready. So I have 3 options:

A] Leave Matty in RIPW to develop

B] Call him up and have them team together in the hopes dad's skills will rub off

C] Call Matty up and have them feud together.

With either B or C I'd run the other storyline straight after (assuming Christian stays active). So either they team for 6 months and Matty turns on dad OR Matty comes in as a rebellious kid and then they reconcile.

ANy thoughts chaps?

Some fantasy booking for fantasy character :D

Matty joins the heel stable who's facing his father and cost him the championship. The heel and his stable treats Matty nicely but in reality Matty is just a schmuck to use against Faith. Matty keeps getting in his fathers face during matches against the heel letting the heel win but each match Matty keeps messing up and the heel barely wins. In the blowoff Career vs Title Faith is getting destroyed by the heel and by the stable acting behing the refs back. Matty interferes but accidentally trips the heel who blows a gasket and has the rest of the stable attack Matty. Faith sacrifices himself by suicide dive to the heel stable which allows the heel to throw him into the ring and hit his finisher.

Matty tries to get into the ring to help his father but he's outnumbered. The heel cuts a promo calling Matty nothing more than a pawn who helped end his father's legendary career as Matty. You then send Matty down to RIPW.

Then on TV Faith gives his retirement speech where he thanks the fans and he tells Matty that he's young and he made a mistake and to own up to his mistakes.

Once Matty is better in a year you can have him come back under a vigilante/masked gimmick attacking the stable until the stable boss calls him out and they have match. Right before Matty s about to wins he unmasks himself and uses his father finisher to win the match finally earning revenge for his father and redemption for himself.

For this is works if you align them so that Faith retires at one Supreme and Matty wins the next one or the second one from then.

Matty joins the heel stable who's facing his father and cost him the championship. The heel and his stable treats Matty nicely but in reality Matty is just a schmuck to use against Faith. Matty keeps getting in his fathers face during matches against the heel letting the heel win but each match Matty keeps messing up and the heel barely wins. In the blowoff Career vs Title Faith is getting destroyed by the heel and by the stable acting behing the refs back. Matty interferes but accidentally trips the heel who blows a gasket and has the rest of the stable attack Matty. Faith sacrifices himself by suicide dive to the heel stable which allows the heel to throw him into the ring and hit his finisher.

Matty tries to get into the ring to help his father but he's outnumbered. The heel cuts a promo calling Matty nothing more than a pawn who helped end his father's legendary career as Matty. You then send Matty down to RIPW.

Then on TV Faith gives his retirement speech where he thanks the fans and he tells Matty that he's young and he made a mistake and to own up to his mistakes.

Once Matty is better in a year you can have him come back under a vigilante/masked gimmick attacking the stable until the stable boss calls him out and they have match. Right before Matty s about to wins he unmasks himself and uses his father finisher to win the match finally earning revenge for his father and redemption for himself.

For this is works if you align them so that Faith retires at one Supreme and Matty wins the next one or the second one from then.

A really nicely well thought out storyline.

I was going to say if you didn't want to bring Matty up at this time, and if Faith did retire from active competition before you brought Matty up you could possibly use him as a manager for Matty.

I don't know who you have on the Roster but you could go the opposite way with Matty teaming with his father while a young stable consisting of as many second Generation Stars as you can get your hands on tears its way up the card. Look for The Gauges, Jay Chord, Brett Starr, I know there are quite a few others. Have them managed by Runaway Trains duaghter if you can. Matty can be the lone hold out.

Matty and his dad maybe get a run with the tag titles and after they lose them the stable starts coming after Matty to recruit him. Its his Dad's fault the titles were lost, he's getting to old to be of any use. Matty fights back you have a few matches, tags, singles, Dad brings in some old friends for a 4vs4 or 3vs3. Finally after won loss to many Matty realizes sticking with his dad means killing his own career, and at the end of the match her turns on him.

Now that he's joined the stable, they give him one job, his initiation, but his dad out for good. Depending on how long Faith has you can drag this out but if you want to push Matty big in their final battle Matty injures his father so bad he is forced to retire.

Then you have further story with the stable. Matty's beaten his own dad. Who else here can say that. He wants to take control of the group, he deserves it after all. And then you can have some of the members side with him untill finally the old leader is cast out turning Face and now he will try and stop Matty and guess who he has in his corner, the returned Christian Faith. No longer working in the ring but he's still got backstage pull and looks to help the now outcast help redeem his son.

Usually i like to call this stable The Second Sons of Wrestling.

I don't know who you have on the Roster but you could go the opposite way with Matty teaming with his father while a young stable consisting of as many second Generation Stars as you can get your hands on tears its way up the card. Look for The Gauges, Jay Chord, Brett Starr, I know there are quite a few others. Have them managed by Runaway Trains duaghter if you can. Matty can be the lone hold out.

Matty and his dad maybe get a run with the tag titles and after they lose them the stable starts coming after Matty to recruit him. Its his Dad's fault the titles were lost, he's getting to old to be of any use. Matty fights back you have a few matches, tags, singles, Dad brings in some old friends for a 4vs4 or 3vs3. Finally after won loss to many Matty realizes sticking with his dad means killing his own career, and at the end of the match her turns on him.

Now that he's joined the stable, they give him one job, his initiation, but his dad out for good. Depending on how long Faith has you can drag this out but if you want to push Matty big in their final battle Matty injures his father so bad he is forced to retire.

Then you have further story with the stable. Matty's beaten his own dad. Who else here can say that. He wants to take control of the group, he deserves it after all. And then you can have some of the members side with him untill finally the old leader is cast out turning Face and now he will try and stop Matty and guess who he has in his corner, the returned Christian Faith. No longer working in the ring but he's still got backstage pull and looks to help the now outcast help redeem his son.

Usually i like to call this stable The Second Sons of Wrestling.

Another way to go would be that Matty is unhappy with Christian for some unknown reason. He works up to a retirement match against his father. Christian cheats to win the match and turns heel and Matty has to leave (town/promotion). Matty goes down to development. When he returns he resumes his feud and this time retires his dad and reveals his valid reason for being upset with his dad. Christian eventually sees the error of his ways and reunites with his son.

• 3 weeks later...

So I fired up another game of TEW, playing as SWF.

This time, I tried a different tack with developmental. I called up all our talent and ended the arrangement with RIPW in favor of setting up a B brand ala WWE and NXT.

It's worked out well for me so far. I have more control over how my workers are developed, how they are pushed, and so on. It lets me test out character ideas before bringing them up to the big show.

I also have a handful of wrestlers unassigned to a brand that I use to work with the developmental talent, similar again to how WWE sends guys like Tyson Kidd and Sin Cara to work with the youngsters.

I wish there were a way to create your own network (like was implemented in WMMA4) and also that there was a way to create B events. Right now, I the Uprising show before the PPV serve as a TV "PPV" event where the big matches are typically held.

This time, I tried a different tack with developmental. I called up all our talent and ended the arrangement with RIPW in favor of setting up a B brand ala WWE and NXT.

It's worked out well for me so far. I have more control over how my workers are developed, how they are pushed, and so on. It lets me test out character ideas before bringing them up to the big show.

The only thing is that workers won't develop as fast. What I've done is take the guys who are ready or cloe to ready (Spade/Lenny) and leave the rest there (Ekuma/Avalanche).

Then hire some indie (Ant-Man/Amazing Firefly) and international talent (Mexico's Premier Couple Gino and Gabriela/ The Johansson Brothers) who I don't expect too much along with a few of the Parkers/Keiths/Glenn mega indie stars and use them to create my B-Show setting.

One of the things I like to do is hire Eric Tyler as the William Regal GM, Sara MArie York under her Miss Sara gimmick as his secretary and Findlay O'Farraday under the bodyguard alt pic as Tyler bodyguard. My B-Shows are run like a TV-Drama based around creating characterization along with the rare appearance of Christian Faith or Rich Money looking to scout some rookies to join their stables in the future or a little more common having the midcard champion come down before a PPV to warm up against someone similar to his ooponent. Supreme TV is serious stuff involving popular wrestlers while my B-Show feature romance, friendship, and occasionally comedy.

I wish there were a way to create your own network (like was implemented in WMMA4) and also that there was a way to create B events. Right now, I the Uprising show before the PPV serve as a TV "PPV" event where the big matches are typically held.

Three biggest things I want in the next TEW is the ability to control your development territory, B-events, and being able to set up some sort of network.

I would at least like to be able to create a new user and use him to run the development promotion.

• 4 weeks later...
possible the scariest thing ive seen in the game :

Everest feels he should be a Upper Mid-Carder.

i dont know, he TV champ for 3 weeks and it goes to his head

I usually send Everest to RIPW at the very start of my game. His backstage attitude is worse than Big Smack Scott's, he tires easily, his matches grade terribly - heck, there are times I'd release him right from the get-go if his contract is up within the next three months.

The guy's absolutely useless - sorry, not sorry.

I usually send Everest to RIPW at the very start of my game. His backstage attitude is worse than Big Smack Scott's, he tires easily, his matches grade terribly - heck, there are times I'd release him right from the get-go if his contract is up within the next three months.

The guy's absolutely useless - sorry, not sorry.

I usually fire Everest, Scott, Laramee and DuBois on day one. I know a lot of folk think DuBois can be the future but I play with owner goals on and he frequently (read always) doesn't meet one of them so i see no point in keeping him around on top of his bad attitude. Your SWF you have tons of cash it doesn't cost more than you'll make back in a month or two to let a few people go even on years long contracts.

I usually fire Everest, Scott, Laramee and DuBois on day one. I know a lot of folk think DuBois can be the future but I play with owner goals on and he frequently (read always) doesn't meet one of them so i see no point in keeping him around on top of his bad attitude. Your SWF you have tons of cash it doesn't cost more than you'll make back in a month or two to let a few people go even on years long contracts.

I'm the exact opposite. Playing SWF can get "easy" at times so I often try to give myself crazy goals. My last game I really wanted to put the tag titles on Scott and Laramee but they couldn't stay out of trouble, literally every week it was something new, so instead I made the team of Everest and DuBois (they had great tag chemistry) and put the titles on them! Their match ratings were subpar, but it game me a fun challenge with a couple of people who usually get no love at all during games.

In that same game I also put the SWF title on Marat... his matches were awful lol

In that same game I also put the SWF title on Marat... his matches were awful lol

I was actually planning that for my upcoming SWF diary. In the last one, Remo became champ in February, with Duane Fry as his mouthpiece - I like booking Remo as a Brock Lesnar-type, so Fry was serving as his equivalent to Paul Heyman. Tried the same thing while testing scenarios for the new one, replacing Remo with Khoklov in the Lesnar role (hey, they're both part-timers!) but the dude just couldn't last more than ten minutes in as match. And his match grades sucked.

I did give DuBois a good midcard push in the old diary game. Giving him some early wins fixes his attitude up a bit, making him a neutral backstage presence. Sure, he'll get busted every now and then for smoking them joints, but otherwise he's well-behaved if you can get his attitude to improve with some wins. Interesting thing you did, though, teaming him up with Everest.

[*]Marat Khoklov's sister Tatyana Khoklova (a repackaged Kristen Pearce up from RIPW) will announce that the Board of Trustees has granted her permission to create a new monthly challenge for the so-called SWF superstars - The Bear's Den! If any superstar can triumph over Khoklov in a Bear's Den (modified MMA) rules match, they will automatically be granted a shot at the SWF World Heavyweight Title. But, if Khoklov can go an entire year without losing, he will get the shot in a match of his choosing!

This, good sir, is a marvelous idea. My next diary will start in-game in 2015, and I've been wondering what to do with Khoklov once he's through pulverizing jobbers in handicap matches, as I usually do in CV2014. Will probably use this while building up the framework, i.e. playing out 2014 before the diary starts in earnest.

So I have this thing with Bear Bekowski where I love him and think he could be a star...but, he's a massive jerk. I try to limit my back stage cancers, especially those farther up the card. Has anyone successfully humbled him in any of their games?

So I have this thing with Bear Bekowski where I love him and think he could be a star...but, he's a massive jerk. I try to limit my back stage cancers, especially those farther up the card. Has anyone successfully humbled him in any of their games?

You can try making him serve as someone's bodyguard, maybe Rich Money's or Eric Eisen's. I usually reserve this role for Primus Allen when he starts whining about being stuck in developmental, but if you want to push the Bear, having him work as hired muscle makes sense for starters. What I'd do is have him defeat less-pushed babyfaces who are still more over than him, say, American Machine or Robbie Retro, or Donnie J, whom I often end up hiring. And give him bonuses for good matches (by Bear standards, that is).

It's not going to make him neutral, but at least he'll be less of a jerk.

In the past, i don't remember in this thread or the Creative one, someone suggested to use Bear Bekowski as a bodyguard entrepreneur.

I would use this suggestion to set up the Glacial Security Inc. formed by Bear Bekowski, Everest, Chill and Avalanche.

I haven't actually had a game yet with SWF on the 2014 data, which I think is tragic. They are so fun to book and the potential is endless.

Using someone as an advocate for Remo is an interesting thought. I've similar used him in a Brock Lesnar-like, super-athletic bully manner. He's always pulled really strong segment grades for me. On the 2013 data, I loved teh storyline between him and Frehley. Neither has the most amazing entertainment skills, but I used really simple talking angles, rated on Entertainment (talker) and on-screen Overness (subject) and would get constant A and A+ grades.

Bear is an interesting one. A guy with a lot of potential, but its hard to look past that attitutde. One way around that for someone you really want to use is to pick them as the user character.

It seems like the only way to keep Dubois around is to stop drug testing. It seems like he never gives up the habit, no matter what approach you take. And despite the SQ, I'm not sure he's worth the effort. Just sucks to see him go to TCW or USPW and help them out.

Looks like it's impossible to sign Champagne Lover to SWF while he's still in his prime. :( Did some experimenting earlier and offered him a six-year, $125,000 a year deal with 20% PPV bonus and creative control, but he still wouldn't leave SOTBPW. Has anyone been able to sign him up to SWF?

Archived