Cverse XL: RELEASE

There was a news article titled "Big Trouble In Little P-Girls", which sounds like an adult film.

That's odd since that message usually means the promotion fell in size and, well, I don't want to spoil anything but there is no size lower than P-Girls starts at. :p

By the way, the Beach Babes restriction might need tweaking. Six saves so far and aside from the ridiculous owner goals (you cannot hire any workers classed as cruiserweights or japanese juniors), NOTBPW has signed away the only native Aussie on the roster. Every single time. It's doable but I'm not sure the method required to do so is what you intended.

On the bright side, I'll have a ton of bank when I can finally do it. :)

EDIT: Game on!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/th_pgwar.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ZEN Andora's flavor text appears to be missing in this one. Also asked this in the small questions thread and didn't get an anwser, but If I set up a ZEN Parent Company alliance, and set the To Be Opened Zen companies to it, would they properly be assigned at their launch?

EDIT: Tested that, and sadly it throws up critical errors.

Yeah you cant do it apparently which is annoying. I just liked the idea of Zen as a world-spanning empire.

I'll pop the Andorra text in later. It's just about being a tax-free country with no airport stuff.

God, that's gonna be HARD.

Got a question though. The Database settings are part of the mod (i.e. set intentionally), correct? Only asking because I usually don't play with Restricted Areas on at all (if you're unemployed for a long period and someone offers you a job in another area, you'd be a fool to turn it down).

EDIT: Also, is the mod intended for players to just be bookers or is taking over as owner allowed (except in the noted cases like Dunton Hall)? I'm worried about Carl Batch giving me ridiculous owner goals.

Good to have you on board Remi. Beach Babes are a nightmare with so few Aussie women. I really wanted the company in but it's always been a bit of a fudge. I'd recommend playing them with all international restrictions off.

For the challenges I'd play almost all of them with either owner goals off or as the owner. No point having TOO many restrictions.

As you spotted some of the challenges are easy or about "how much" or "how soon". the theory with those is to make it a competition rather than just a solo achievement. Let us know how you get on!

Well at least with ZEN you can assign them to the alliance after the fact with data editing I think. If that works, do you have a reccomendation for which type of alliance they should be?

I have no more insight than anyone else but I'd set them as a public conglomerate with all trading options on

A couple of pics that I love - unfortunately I dont know who madeall of them (although some were me) so I didnt want to include them in the mod

The first is a character from That 70s mod. Theres a very similar worker in this mod:

http://imageshack.us/a/img20/1852/psychothebear.jpg

The second Ive no idea at all where I picked it up from but Ive used it as a grizzled Jack Griffiths for ages. Absolutely essential for LSW

http://imageshack.us/a/img822/4706/jackgriffith2.jpg

And if anyone wants Heath/Sharp in wolves masks:

http://imageshack.us/a/img21/4347/jonmichaelsharpwolf.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img163/6615/martinheathwolf.jpg

In case anyone gets Everest ro RttI:

http://imageshack.us/a/img88/7894/everestbigkahuna2.jpg

More MJStark work - my versions of the Dupont twins:

http://imageshack.us/a/img854/2286/jacquesfromage.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img171/3940/pierrebeaujolais.jpg

Leigh Burton as Sewer Crocodile:

http://imageshack.us/a/img833/3909/sewercrocodile4.jpg

Herc Johansson as BamBams corporate enemy:

http://imageshack.us/a/img813/180/herculesjohanssenalt1.jpg

From way back in my HIW diary - Magic Bedlam:

http://imageshack.us/a/img7/3299/bedlamroar.jpg

The second Ive no idea at all where I picked it up from but Ive used it as a grizzled Jack Griffiths for ages. Absolutely essential for LSW

http://imageshack.us/a/img822/4706/jackgriffith2.jpg

This is the best pic I have seen when it comes to alts outside of ones like Blackhat Bailey.

That picture will end up in my games for someone but maybe more for Ricky Dale Johnson or Texas Pete.

This is the best pic I have seen when it comes to alts outside of ones like Blackhat Bailey.

That picture will end up in my games for someone but maybe more for Ricky Dale Johnson or Texas Pete.

I can take no credit. But thankyou masked reder-er - whoever you are!

More pics that might be useful:

Remmy Honeyman is OSuthern Justice in LSW:

http://imageshack.us/a/img259/875/confedmask.jpg

Zen - Japan

Halloween Knight 2 (every Zen should have an incarnation of that truly terrible demon)

http://imageshack.us/a/img208/6024/013ym.jpg

And because every villain needs a hero; Captain Tokyo

http://imageshack.us/a/img5/593/captaintokyo.jpg

Ben Williams and Romeo Romero as Les Habitantes (in MQR)

http://imageshack.us/a/img705/3532/habitante2.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img831/8086/habitante1.jpg

(These are MJStark too. More great work)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Capelli King" data-cite="Capelli King" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35244" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Cant wait, downloading!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hope it's not a let down</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jack Avatar Fan" data-cite="Jack Avatar Fan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35244" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm actually playing as HI-NRG as James Hernandez. He's one sexy beast.<p> </p><p> KC Glenn as Killer Cheekbones is absolutely glorious.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thats a nice adjective to hear.</p><p> </p><p> In tests theyve done pretty well so let me know if theyre too easy to play. Theres some decent talent that for some reason doesnt seem to get instantly stolen</p>

• 3 weeks later...

I always dump in some other logos into the main picture folder, and then start my own fed... but one of my first steps is to ALWAYS get a working agreement with Big Top Wrestling in order to get Psycho The Bear. I mean, there's nothing as old school as a wrestling BEAR.

I'm glad there's finally a pic! THanks much!

I have imported all the British companies from this mod to make the UK scene more lively for my NWF dynasty and from what i see they are doing very well. In the 1st regional battle for the month of June in Southern England, i came last after Guildford-6 and Camden Underground.

I always dump in some other logos into the main picture folder, and then start my own fed... but one of my first steps is to ALWAYS get a working agreement with Big Top Wrestling in order to get Psycho The Bear. I mean, there's nothing as old school as a wrestling BEAR.

I'm glad there's finally a pic! THanks much!

I cant take credit Im afraid. I nicked it from the fantastic TEW10 mod "That 70s mod".

Have you got any results out of him? In most testing he languishes in the lower card.

I have imported all the British companies from this mod to make the UK scene more lively for my NWF dynasty and from what i see they are doing very well. In the 1st regional battle for the month of June in Southern England, i came last after Guildford-6 and Camden Underground.

Great. That was basically the idea of the mod. CU are a fun company to play but might give even your Eddie-based NWF a run in the short term

I cant take credit Im afraid. I nicked it from the fantastic TEW10 mod "That 70s mod".

Have you got any results out of him? In most testing he languishes in the lower card.

Great. That was basically the idea of the mod. CU are a fun company to play but might give even your Eddie-based NWF a run in the short term

Well, I got a news story about Psycho the Bear doing a radio interview. Saying he was carrying BTW. I wondered why the TEWdotcom staff was listening to radio directed at bears. Are some of their writers bears themselves?

I only use him on cash trade for a single appearance at a time. (Kinda like how the wrestling bears were used in reality back in the day.) So I can't really give ya any long-term use results. I do know he ends up being Enhancement Talent on auto-push, so using him in the Main Event for one show is gonna be tricky. :p

I downloaded this just now but the document with the challenges isn't working for me and won't open. It's a docx file and my computer won't open that file type.

Here you go:

1,000 Islands
Challenge: Dunton Hall super-spender!  
Add $50m dollars to your budget and play with your UC as Dunton Hall.  Grow the company to Cult size as fast as possible regardless of how much it costs.  
Hiring rules:
Not awful entertainers
Only one worker bigger than light heavyweight on the roster at any one time.
Male/female split must be kept as equal as possible.  You cannot have more than 3 of one gender than the other active wrestlers.

Friday Night Cage Fights
Challenge: Keep it real baby.  
Use only legitimate hard-men and total unknowns to prove to the crowd this is REAL.
Hiring rules:
Must have at least decent toughness
You can’t employ anyone who works for another Canadian company.  Working in other companies is fine.  If one of your workers signs for another Canuck company you CAN renew with them.
Must debut at least one new worker at every show.

Canadian Ninja
Challenge:	Make them like it!
How big can you grow in your home region in 2 shows?
Hiring rules:	Must always have at least one ninja as an active wrestler.  He must have an appropriate pic that has been published on the GDS forums.
All wrestlers must be over 30.

MQR
Challenge:	Fund the revolution!
Make as much money as you can in 2 years.
Hiring rules:
None!.  But... only French-speakers can be used as faces

Baltimore Wild
Challenge:	The true alternative.
Become the largest women’s promotion in North America.
Hiring rules:	
You can only use matches that are based on hardcore or eye candy.
You can NOT hire any worker who currently works for another American, Canadian or Mexican company.  Even if they’re not a wrestler there.
You CAN hire workers who already work in Britain, Europe, Australia or Japan.

Calories 500
Challenge: 	Go BIG.
Grow as fast as you can in the Midwest.  How high can you get your popularity in two years?
Hiring rules:
Can only hire in-ring workers of at least heavyweight size.

OLD
Challenge:	Use ‘em up!
Old stars are there to be used.  How many workers can you injure in-ring in two years?
Hiring rules:
Can only hire workers over the age of 35.
Anyone you hire must have worked for at least one Cult+ sized company in the US before.

Devil Women
Challenge:	In it for the money!
Make as much cash as you can in 2 years.
Hiring rules:
You can only ever have 2 males on the roster in any capacity at any time.
You can only ever run 1v1 matches.
All angles must be interviews or videos.

Spokane Suicide Society
Challenge:	This is what real flying is about!
Declare war on CZCW (edit the database if necessary) and close them down as fast as you can.
Hiring rules:
You can only employ middleweight or lighter wrestlers.
You CAN hire larger than that to work in non-in-ring roles.
Every match must be rated on aerial skills.

Texas Wrestling League
Challenge:	What a darn-tootin’ mess!
With no worker appearing in more than one you must have at least 10 current storylines of at least C heat.
Hiring rules:
You must have at least one worker with a pic in a cowboy hat active on every show.  This picture must have been shared on GDS forums.
You must have at least one Mexican national or canon Native American on the active roster at all times.  If you fail to have one your game immediately finishes.

Chivas LA
Challenge:	Hit the big time!
Groom two of your workers to be hired by TCW.  They do NOT have to go straight from you to them.  They can work for other companies in the interim.
Hiring rules:
You must always have at least 3 Mexicans on your roster.
You can NOT employ anyone who works for IPW, TCW or GSW.  If any of those companies hire one of your workers you must immediately release them.

Hi NRG
Challenge:	A special kind of holiday.
Obtain a child promotion in Europe (at least small sized) and survive a year subsequently.
Hiring rules:
You not employ any women at any time.
You must have at least one wrestler with decent sex appeal at all times.  If you fall beneath this you fail.
You can NOT hire anyone heavyweight or larger.
You must run at least on triple threat match every show.

Return to the Islands
Challenge:	Welcome to paradise!
Pay for the relocation of at least 10 workers to Hawaii.  You must survive at least 12 months subsequently!
Hiring rules:
You must always have at least one Hawaiian on your roster at any time.
You must have at least one match based on comedy on each show.
You can NOT hire anyone of heavyweight size or large UNLESS they are also Hawaiian.
If Everest becomes available you MUST hire him regardless of cost and use him under his Big Kahuma alterego.

Youth Action
Challenge:	Take on the world!  
How much can you grow your home-region popularity using only young workers in two years?
Hiring rules:
You can only hire in-ring workers who are 22 or younger.  
As soon as a wrestler hits 23 you can no longer use him and must release him immediately.
Non-active wrestlers can be aged up to 29.  If no appropriate hires are present below this age you can hire the youngest possible option.

Camden Underground
Challenge:	Take over London!
Become the largest promotion in the British Isles South region.  Either overtake 21CW in popularity in the region or force them to close.  
You must also overtake any other UK promotions that grow in London.
Hiring rules:
All in-ring workers must be at least decent on camera.  You CAN renew the contracts of existing workers who do not qualify.
You can NOT run shows outside of London (although any TV show may be broadcast elsewhere).
You can only run one match based on hardcore and one based on aerial skills per show.
You can NOT use any dark time for shows.

Big Top
Challenge:	Tour the world!
Run a full tour in every single region in the world without going bankrupt.
Hiring rules:
Everyone you hire (bar road agents and announcers) must be at least decent as an entertainer.
You CAN renew the contract of anyone already employed who does not fit this.
You must always have at least one person active in the company’s stables (Strongmen, clowns, animals and acrobats).  These workers must have an appropriate picture published on the GDS forums.

Back garden wrestling
Challenge:	Zero to hero.
Get one of your alumni employed by a company of at least National size (anywhere in the world).
Hiring rules:
You must have at least one spot monkey on your active roster at all times.  If you fail this for any reason your game is over.
You can only hire middleweight and lower active workers.
You can only hire unemployed wrestlers.  If they subsequently get another job you CAN keep them.

PICT
Challenge:	Scot to the top!
Reach Cult size with a Scottish Main Event champion.	
Hiring rules:
You must always have at least 3 Scots on the roster.  If you fall below this for any reason your game ends.
Any Englishman you employ can only ever be a heel.
You must run at least one show per year in New Zealand (on tour!)

Guildford 6
Challenge:	5 years of the G6.  
G6 emply only 6 core workers at a time.  How big can you get yours?
Hiring rules:	You can only employ 6 core wrestlers (the ones under contract at start of the game).  These must all be in a one-on-one matchup every month.  If they lose that match they must be released and replaced by the victor.
If on of your core 6 workers misses a show (even through injury, no-show or working elsewhere) he must be released immediately.  You can bring him back as soon as you like (if he’ll sign with you).

B-Glitz
Challenge:	Conquer Europe
Become the biggest promotion in the UK as well as Europe.
Hiring rules:
Every worker you hire (bar announcers and road agents) must have at least decent microphone skills (or a manager who does).
You must always have at least one person who speaks Eastern Europe in your Main Event.
You must have at least one worker with great or better menace wrestle at each show.
If you fall bellow either of these requirements your game is over.

ALPHA
Challenge:	Bam Bam to the moon!
Get Bam Bam Johansson into the Hall of Immortals.  You can NOT select him as your UC but you can set his contract to an exclusive 25 year one.
Hiring rules:
You can only hire wrestlers who are heavyweight or larger OR lightweight or smaller.
You can NOT feature any small vs small workers on your shows.  Every match or angle must have a big guy in it.

U Berlin
Challenge:	
Dominate Deutchland!
Declare war (use the editor if necessary) on EWA.  How quickly can you grind them out of existence?
Hiring rules:
You must run at least one cross-gender tag match per show (M & F on same team rather than M vs F).
You must have at least one wrestler of Big Heavyweight size or more on your roster at all times. 

Eurotrash
Challenge:	
Hiring rules:

Ice Queens of Kyiv
Challenge:	Ladies #1
Become the most important (as rated under company wars) all-female promotion in the world.
Hiring rules:
You can NOT employ any males at all.  Even road agents and announcers must be female.

Quema de las Libelulas
Challenge:	Create a monster!
Get one of your workers into the top 100 of the Power #500.  
This must be someone who was not on the list at all when you hired them.
Hiring rules:
You can NOT hire any wrestler larger than lightweight.  
You can NOT hire someone bigger and slim them down.
You can NOT hire anyone on last year’s Power 500.

Skull society
Challenge:	To the death!
Win a National battle in Mexico.
Hiring rules:
You can never employ a wrestler without a mask (in their picture).  Those with masked alts are fine but they must be published on the GDS forums.
If you add a mask to someone you must set his popularity across the whole of Mexico to zero via the editor.
Once every show you must unmask a wrestler in a match (or an angle).  The unmasked loser must be immediately released from the company.

Double Dragon
Challenge:	Legends of tag wrestling.
Get into the top 15 most influential companies in the world (as per Company Wars).
Hiring rules:
You can only run tag-team matches.  
Multiple teams (2vs2vs2 etc) are only useable once per show.
4 vs 4 matches are NOT allowed.
You CAN employ existing tag teams from other regions if they are unemployed.  Simply change them in the editor to being active in Japan.

Zen - Japan
Challenge:	Take over the world!
Open a development territory in the UK, Europe, Canada, Mexico or USA (at least regional size).
Before you do so you must be at least E+ popularity in the region you are entering.
Hiring rules:
You can hire anyone who has ever worked for the original ZEN.  If they don’t work in Japan you can alter that in the editor.
You can only hire workers with at least decent on camera skills.

Cutting Edge
Challenge:	Soap opera with fighting!
How much can you make in one year with a match ratio of 30%?
Hiring rules:
No match can be longer than 8 minutes (not including set up time).
None of your angles can be longer than 10 minutes.  
Only one angle per show can be longer than 6 minutes.
Everyone you hire must be 27 or under 
OR 
have decent star quality OR sex appeal.

Phoenix Girls
Challenge:	The new Magic 3!
Declare war on 5SSW (use the editor if necessary).  You must get three Japanese, women wrestlers into the Hall of Immortals.  
Hiring rules:
You can NOT employ anyone who works for 5SSW.
You must always have at least 3 Japanese wrestlers of UM or higher status according to autopush.

PAIN
Challenge:	Cross the Pacific!
Reach at least D+ popularity in your home region as well as one of the following regions (Tristate, Northwest, Hawaii or Southwest in the USA), (South in the British Isles), (Quebec in Canada)
Hiring rules:
You must feature an English speaking wrestler in the main event of every show you run.

Desert Trios
Challenge:	The fight that stops a nation.
Get the Uluru Trios Cup to at least Historic importance.
Hiring rules:
You can only run one match per show that is NOT a 3v3 (not including dark time).
You can’t sack anyone.  All contracts must be allowed to run down.

Athletic Empire
Challenge:	Olympic standard!
Hold a match rated at least B-
Hiring rules:
You must only hire workers not employed by any other company in Australia (or New Zealand).  
If any of your workers are picked up by other Australian companies you CAN renew their contract.
Any gimmicks you use must be legit or brute.

Beach babes
Challenge:	Do people want this?
Grow as much as possible in your home region in two years.
Hiring rules:
You must have at least one Australian woman wrestle in every match (dark time is exempt from this).

RA
Challenge:	We win!
Become more important AND influential (according to the Company Wars screen) than ZEN.
Hiring rules:
Every match you run must feature at least one New Zealand native OR someone who you have relocated and has been based in NZ for at least a year.
All Australians, English, South Africans or Welsh employees must be set as heels.  

• 4 weeks later...
http://imageshack.us/a/img12/3913/cversexlbanner1.jpg

I’m pleased to announce that finally the Cverse XL mod is released and available for download.

For those of you who haven’t seen this yet it’s simply an extended look at the Cverse including a number of smaller promotions that would probably be termed as minor indies.

For the likes of Rich Eisen this doesn’t make much difference. Who cares about companies in Seattle, Alice Springs, Blackpool or Faliraki when jack Brice’s contract is up and there’s a giant PPV to book?

However for the bottom rung of the world these companies are all-important. Any job is a job and any stage is a stage.

The point of this is for the massed ranks of average, one-dimensional and limited workers to actually get the chance to show themselves off and improve. The Minor Annoyance has a job. Karen Bilous has a job. The Hillbillies are big names in their new job!

You can play any game you normally could do in the Cverse and simply see how it helps/hinders you when bottom-feeder talent is employed and improving. Is a RTG game harder in this world or easier?

The real way it’s intended to be played though is as a challenge with one of the additional companies. Each one has a goal and a set of playing rules to battle against. Some of them are very easy and some are very hard but I’d love to hear how you get on.

Jaded has done a fantastic job of helping with the mod and solving as many flaws as possible so far but it’s clearly not going to be perfect. Whether companies at this level should be that polished is a matter of debate but of you do find any serious errors or problems please let me know.

Everyone I’ve asked about graphics has been great with allowing me to use a few alts and pics but if by some chance some of your work has made it in without permission please let me know and I’ll immediately remove it.

There are some gimmicks, companies and characters that could potentially be seen as distasteful. All stereotypes, clichés and caricatures are intended to amuse rather than offend.

I hope anyone who plays this mod has as much fun (and frustration) as I did putting it together.

Here’s the upload link. Let me know if it’s not playing nice

Updated files 3.1.13 21:30:

http://www.filedropper.com/cversexlfiles_3

Link doesn't work. Just goes to filedropper.com

Archived