~ The Golden Age: 1987 Official Release ~

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt Shannon" data-cite="Matt Shannon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35250" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Looks like everybody is set to Conservative in the Personality department. That will make it hard to book people into risky matches that were the norm in some territories then(such as Dog Collar, Strap, Cage, etc.)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> those matches didnt have high content I would put them at low at best.</p>

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
those matches didnt have high content I would put them at low at best.

Haven't had a chance to go through all the matches yet, so I'll take your bird, I mean word, for it. :p

I was just thinking that considering how wild matches in the Southern promotions such as Jim Crockett Promotions, UWF and World Class got, it would make more sense if most of the workers were a bit more toward the liberal side for their personalities. Meh, I'm doing it myself anyway for my game. :D

I think he might actually be referring to a different Regal...

Yep, not Steven Regal/William Regal. Steve Regal. He wrestled for the AWA, did jobs for the WWF and then wrestled in JCP.

http://pwa.wrestlingx.net/wrestlerimages/steve_regal.jpg

He's been missing from Genadi's mods for awhile. At least his title reigns are no longer being credited to Steven/Willian Regal. :)

Whooooo!!

At last, my favorite mod for '10 has been released. Massive gratitudes, Gen!

I tried to fix it myself, but there is one issue I'm having. Some of the title history stuff is a little, well... while I think it's commendable that the Sheik and Nikolai are 42 time WWF tag team champions, I'm not sure about the accuracy. ;)

Thank you again for the release of this awesome mod!

Other missing workers:

Malibu

Magnificent Mimi

I'm pretty sure Malibu (the female wrestler from POWW) is the same wrestler as the California Doll from GLOW.

And Magnificent Mimi and Reggie Bennett always seem to be missing - but I'm not overly experienced with assigning stats, myself.

Genadi do you plan on updating this mod with the suggested fixes from this thread? If so I would rather wait until you do to DL this mod. I loved this mod for TEW10. Looking forward to playing this mod for TEW13.

I will be updating with all reported fixes yes. Not sure of an E.T.A for Version 1.1 but shouldn't be longer than around 2 or 3 weeks. 2001 mod is coming along alot quicker than I had planned due having my head buried in the editor most of this week.

Please keep in mind I will add people that are needed but had a policy regarding jobbers for TGA... If I were to add every jobber from the 80's the mod would contain 5,000+ workers and wouldn't fit with the overall mod.

Thanks again everyone for the kind words and feedback. I really do appreciate it helps this mod become even more polished :)

I will be updating with all reported fixes yes. Not sure of an E.T.A for Version 1.1 but shouldn't be longer than around 2 or 3 weeks. 2001 mod is coming along alot quicker than I had planned due having my head buried in the editor most of this week.

Please keep in mind I will add people that are needed but had a policy regarding jobbers for TGA... If I were to add every jobber from the 80's the mod would contain 5,000+ workers and wouldn't fit with the overall mod.

Thanks again everyone for the kind words and feedback. I really do appreciate it helps this mod become even more polished :)

That is cool I can wait a few weeks. Gives me time to get used to how the game plays.

Will you be adding more future workers into the mod than the TEW10 version?

I'm pretty sure Malibu (the female wrestler from POWW) is the same wrestler as the California Doll from GLOW.

And Magnificent Mimi and Reggie Bennett always seem to be missing - but I'm not overly experienced with assigning stats, myself.

Durrrr...you are right I didn't even think to look for California Doll.

But yeah, Magnificent Mimi really needs to be added. I didn't get down to Reggie Bennet yet in the alphabet on the females. If she's not in she also is a must.

These aren't women jobbers, they are musts if you want a female scene that is worthwhile.

Edit: Steve Regal is not some random jobber! The man held a title in the AWA! If Sam Houston, SAM HOUSTON! Salvatore Bellomo and the likes are in there, Steve Regal should be! :)

It's a terrific mod, especially for those of us who got bitten by the wrestling bug back in the '80s.

In addition to the workers that others have suggested, I'd like to see five time WWF tag champion Tony Garea added to the mod. In '87, he's working as a road agent for the WWF. Maybe I've simply overlooked him but he doesn't seem to be anywhere in the data.

Also, Lou Albano is currently set to Out Of The Business. Since he returns in the early '90s, shouldn't he be set to On Hiatus?

Some more missing workers you might want to consider:

Ricky Nelson: never amounted to much, but a lot of people had high hopes for him. He was a good looking guy who could sell like a champ, but that's about all he had.

David Isley: Another guy who never did anything but got some good run with the NWA. Was from North Carolina and was billed as basically being a legit wrestler. Had some stuff on the mat.

Mad Dog Debbie: Woman wrestler. Lots of charisma. (Every database needs more female wrestlers!)

Edit: Also missing man Glow girls. Thunderbolt, Lightning to name two.

Thunderbolt, Lightning to name two.

Thunderbolt and Lightning!! I can't believe I forgot about them; they were probably my favorite GLOW tag team. Probably had a LOT to do with the superhero gimmicks. :D

And even though she went on to other things later (like LPWA), Cheryl Rusa (Lightning) doesn't make it into many TEW mods.

Come to think of it, most of the women from LPWA don't usually show up: Denise Storm, Magnificent Mimi, Reggie Bennett, Black Venus, etc.

Archived