~ The Golden Age: 1987 Official Release ~

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep, not Steven Regal/William Regal. Steve Regal. He wrestled for the AWA, did jobs for the WWF and then wrestled in JCP.

http://pwa.wrestlingx.net/wrestlerimages/steve_regal.jpg

He's been missing from Genadi's mods for awhile. At least his title reigns are no longer being credited to Steven/Willian Regal. :)

Please guys as I've asked many times in the past, if you'd like someone added please provide a cut pic on kyky. I am adding some workers for next update but don't have time to cut. If anyone can cut this he'll be included for V1.1

It's a terrific mod, especially for those of us who got bitten by the wrestling bug back in the '80s.

Thanks, that's why I made it :)

In addition to the workers that others have suggested, I'd like to see five time WWF tag champion Tony Garea added to the mod. In '87, he's working as a road agent for the WWF. Maybe I've simply overlooked him but he doesn't seem to be anywhere in the data.

WWF had too many Road Agents as it was, I had to decide on who was important enough to add and who would just clog up the data. I didn't think Garea did enough to warrant an add but if you provide some examples I'm happy to review.

Also, Lou Albano is currently set to Out Of The Business. Since he returns in the early '90s, shouldn't he be set to On Hiatus?

Good find, updated for next version.

Some Yet To Debut Women aren't set as wrestler, but should be.

Melina Perez and Ashley Massaro off the top of my head.

Both are already in under those names.

This is what I need if you guys want me to add more people. Some reasoning and an explanation.... vvvvvvvv

Some more missing workers you might want to consider:

Ricky Nelson: never amounted to much, but a lot of people had high hopes for him. He was a good looking guy who could sell like a champ, but that's about all he had.

David Isley: Another guy who never did anything but got some good run with the NWA. Was from North Carolina and was billed as basically being a legit wrestler. Had some stuff on the mat. .

I bolded those parts because it's the reasoning behind leaving alot of workers out. If I were to add every wrestler who fit those descriptions the mod would have 5,000+ workers and become overbloated with dead weight.

Mad Dog Debbie: Woman wrestler. Lots of charisma. (Every database needs more female wrestlers!)

Edit: Also missing man Glow girls. Thunderbolt, Lightning to name two.

The GLOW girls I will prob review but it took me a long time to add what's there. It wasn't easy researching and finding footage to watch of their roster.

Time is a factor guys, please keep that in mind when requesting things. Weigh up time spent vs what it will add to the mod and you'll prob know my answer on additions before asking :)

Both are already in under those names.

I know they are, but they're set as non wrestlers when both had in ring careers. In the case of Melina, she is a multi time Women's and Divas Champion.

There were a few Women Yet To Debut that are wrestlers, but were set as Non Wrestlers. I'll have to redownload the original data again to give a list though as I've fixed them myself.

I know they are, but they're set as non wrestlers when both had in ring careers. In the case of Melina, she is a multi time Women's and Divas Champion.

There were a few Women Yet To Debut that are wrestlers, but were set as Non Wrestlers. I'll have to redownload the original data again to give a list though as I've fixed them myself.

Sorry mate my bad I read that wrong, was replying to too many. Noted good find and will update.

WWF had too many Road Agents as it was, I had to decide on who was important enough to add and who would just clog up the data. I didn't think Garea did enough to warrant an add but if you provide some examples I'm happy to review.
Well, I'm sympathetic to not clogging up the data and the WWF certainly has no shortage of road agents. That said, I remember Garea as a talented worker, fun to watch, intelligent in the ring. Winning the WWF tag titles 5 times with 4 different partners strikes me as significant enough an accomplishment to merit him worthy of inclusion. What's more, he held the tag titles for 597 days, which makes him #6 on the all-time list of who's held a WWF tag title the longest. (He's right behind Mr. Fuji, Billy Gunn, Ax, Smash and Johnny Valiant.)

Beyond his tag team work, check out Garea as a singles wrestler in this match against Paul Orndorff. Not only is this not the squash Orndorff win you might expect, but Garea seems to have Mr. Wonderful's number all the way up to the end. (Effectively, McMahon gave Garea the "Keep Strong" note and had Orndorff win by flash pin.)

I'd also add that as a native New Zealander, Tony Garea adds value for any player looking to put together an Australian federation. (Of the current 2577 workers, only 7 come up as potential road agents for Australia.)

Well, I'm sympathetic to not clogging up the data and the WWF certainly has no shortage of road agents. That said, I remember Garea as a talented worker, fun to watch, intelligent in the ring. Winning the WWF tag titles 5 times with 4 different partners strikes me as significant enough an accomplishment to merit him worthy of inclusion. What's more, he held the tag titles for 597 days, which makes him #6 on the all-time list of who's held a WWF tag title the longest. (He's right behind Mr. Fuji, Billy Gunn, Ax, Smash and Johnny Valiant.)

Beyond his tag team work, check out Garea as a singles wrestler in this match against Paul Orndorff. Not only is this not the squash Orndorff win you might expect, but Garea seems to have Mr. Wonderful's number all the way up to the end. (Effectively, McMahon gave Garea the "Keep Strong" note and had Orndorff win by flash pin.)

I'd also add that as a native New Zealander, Tony Garea adds value for any player looking to put together an Australian federation. (Of the current 2577 workers, only 7 come up as potential road agents for Australia.)

More than a solid case for inclusion, he'll be in next update :)

I think he might actually be referring to a different Regal...

Didn't realize someone quoted me (your fast).

I realized that afterward, and is why the post no longer exists the way you quoted it (I mean, I realized it like 10 seconds after I posted, thinking "wait.. William Regal is in the data").

I honestly don't remember seeing any posts before (or after) I edited mine though... Sorry if it confused anyone.

Chic Donovan is spelled Chick Donovan in the game. His ring work was usually done under Chic unless it was misspelled by a promoter.

I hear you on time. You won't offend me if you don't someone I mention, I'm just mentioning them as they occur to me!

I have pics of everyone I mention done in organic style so anyone you decide you want to add just tell me and I'll transfer them to kyky (bleh!) (You should consider the switch to organic Genadi! It's a beautiful thing and would make it SOOOOO much easier for your mods to get pics done! I've already done all of WWF, JCP, GLOW, WCWA and almost AWA for 87 and all but 500 active workers for 94!)

Chic Donovan is spelled Chick Donovan in the game. His ring work was usually done under Chic unless it was misspelled by a promoter.

I hear you on time. You won't offend me if you don't someone I mention, I'm just mentioning them as they occur to me!

I have pics of everyone I mention done in organic style so anyone you decide you want to add just tell me and I'll transfer them to kyky (bleh!) (You should consider the switch to organic Genadi! It's a beautiful thing and would make it SOOOOO much easier for your mods to get pics done! I've already done all of WWF, JCP, GLOW, WCWA and almost AWA for 87 and all but 500 active workers for 94!)

The biggest thing for me is consistency. I would switch tomorrow if all pics were done on that bg. If or when that happens (huge task!) I'll switch all of my mods to them.

I really appreciate the wokr pic cutters and graphics guys do. I've done a little over the years but quickly realised it's a job within itself!

Hey Genadi! Big fan of your mods. I played '87 a tremendous amount on TEW10 and am looking forward to jumping into it again. For those of us that play long term games though, I think some future talent is missing. I noticed the "yet to debut" number didn't change between this version and the last, so here's a short list of guys I couldn't find last time around and am hoping you could add.

Jinder Mahal (Jan 03)

Darren Young (Jan 04)

Jon Moxley/Dean Ambrose (Jun 04)

Michael Elgin (Oct 04)

Tommaso Ciampa (Jan 05)

Rhett Titus (Jan 06)

Brodus Clay (Sept 06)

Mason Ryan (June 07)

Mike Bennett (April 07)

Adam Cole (April 08)

Kyle O’Reilly (April 08)

Titus O’Neill (Jan 09)

David Otunga (May 09)

Percy Watson (Sept 09)

It might be helpful for others to take a look at what young guys are missing too, especially if you're using the same "yet to debuts" as a base for all three of your mods (you'd be nuts not to).

Thanks for all your hard work!

good to know. btw: I didn't realize that your pic packs are all this way. So I initially thought that maybe you didn't realize that you cut the top of the head off. It's not quite my style but hey, you're doing them, you decide how they look like. Some like these, some like those I guess ;)

Just wanted to share a cut a made of Lanny Poffo. I'm playing as WWF and sent him to development, but he wants to return now, and initially I had nothing for him so I left him there.

Then I thought, what if he comes in as Randy Savage's brother? They finally admit on screen they are brothers, and Randy (who is a Heel) is currently feuding with Ricky Steamboat. So what if Lanny comes in to align himself with Randy, helping him in his feud with Steamboat?

My problem was finding a picture that fitted Lanny coming in as 'Lanny Savage', having the same gimmick as his brother, etc. In the end I settled on making my own, and come up with this:

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh287/RayW1986/Requests/LannyPoffoSavage.jpg

I thought it was cool. Eventually I'm going to have Steamboat beat Randy for the IC title, and let Randy move on to the World title scene, while Lanny will continue to feud with Steamboat over the title (although I doubt he'll win it).

Just wanted to share a cut a made of Lanny Poffo. I'm playing as WWF and sent him to development, but he wants to return now, and initially I had nothing for him so I left him there.

Then I thought, what if he comes in as Randy Savage's brother? They finally admit on screen they are brothers, and Randy (who is a Heel) is currently feuding with Ricky Steamboat. So what if Lanny comes in to align himself with Randy, helping him in his feud with Steamboat?

My problem was finding a picture that fitted Lanny coming in as 'Lanny Savage', having the same gimmick as his brother, etc. In the end I settled on making my own, and come up with this:

I thought it was cool. Eventually I'm going to have Steamboat beat Randy for the IC title, and let Randy move on to the World title scene, while Lanny will continue to feud with Steamboat over the title (although I doubt he'll win it).

That's hell of pic I like it and it's great concept

I love that pic.I prefer it than the gimmick WWF gave him 'The Genius'.They are using the exact same gimmick now with the equally boring(in my opinion) 'Damien Sandow'.

I love that pic.I prefer it than the gimmick WWF gave him 'The Genius'.They are using the exact same gimmick now with the equally boring(in my opinion) 'Damien Sandow'.

That's the thing, I do want to use Lanny, even if it's just to keep Randy's morale up slightly. I just hate 'The Genius' gimmick. And so, Lanny Savage is born!

Title lineages could use an overhaul. There are still a lot of title lineages not assigned to workers that are in the game. None of Pedro Morales' IC Title reigns have him assigned as the worker. The British Bulldogs' Tag Team Title reign doesn't have Dynamite Kid assigned to him. Those are two examples off the top of my head. It's an OCD thing more than anything, when I see that the title lineage says they were tag team champions, but then when I look at the tag team list when firing up a game, it doesn't list their championship accomplishments. Also, Dick Murdoch's WWF Tag Team Title reign with Adrian Adonis is assigned to Dick Slater.

Archived