The Minor Questions Thread

I started out with my own company (ACA) and left out the smaller weight classes to get started. I now want to add these weight classes since my company has a firm setting. I am thinking about trying to take over the XCC and close its doors. My question is, do all the fighters under contract with them come to my ACA roster? If so, this would give me a great start on the Featherweight, Bantamweight and Lightweight divisions.

Thanks,

Bill

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you want all those fighters on your roster, you will need to go to the child promotion tab and call them up before you close XCC. Any fighter on the XCC roster when you close it down becomes a free agent.

Thanks for the response. That is not how I thought it would work at all. Glad I didn't try it first.

Thanks again,

Bill

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="red007" data-cite="red007" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38723" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>is it possible to make the game stop generating random fighters?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Have less companies in that area or reduce thge 'era' settings for that time period.</p>

Is round lenght have any impact? Now i have 3x5 minutes, but if i did 5x3 minutes, would it give my fights more dynamics or something? since fighters would have more time to rest theoretically. I wonder what is the impact of rounds and minutes?

It would impact negatively on submission artists as they'd have less time to gain position, and would positively impact wrestlers as they'd have to do less to grind their way to a round win. It doesn't have any innate change on ratings, only on what the fighters can achieve within the circumstances.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38723" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It would impact negatively on submission artists as they'd have less time to gain position, and would positively impact wrestlers as they'd have to do less to grind their way to a round win. It doesn't have any innate change on ratings, only on what the fighters can achieve within the circumstances.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks Adam!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="crazydave1066" data-cite="crazydave1066" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38723" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is it possible for people to die in a fight in this game? It seems that MMA is legal everywhere in the game and I was wondering if a death in the ring would change that.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> never seen that</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cymru96" data-cite="cymru96" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38723" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not possible in the game (nor should it be).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Should be possible, but very very rare. As fighters have died in fights IRL.</p>

<p>This isn't really an issue, but I'm curious if anyone knows what is going on. I'm playing with the CV Extended (which has Blackman's female expension in it), and I have some females that end up with like International level fame for no particular reason. </p><p> </p><p>

Nina Belle via Mexico, and Katharina Nadal/April Watson via Canada. All through either indy shows or small promotions (MATADOR, WEFF, C-GIRL). Belle is International like freakin' everywhere, despite only fighting on barely-televised shows in Mexico and Canada. Nadal is only in Canada and Watson is both America and Canada. As far as I can tell, none of them have fought in front of a large audience, either physical or televised. Some of their fights have been great, but...still doesn't explain it. Belle, the most popular of the trio, has lost more then she has won.</p><p> </p><p>

Is there a news article or something I've been missing where they like pose nude for a magazine? I know in TEW that can happen. Nothing in their news history suggests why they have such a huge increase. All three have never fought for me in GAMMA but are widely more popular then the vast majority of my roster (and all other females, including Vaughan and O'Neill).</p><p> </p><p>

Again, not really complaining, but I've been playing this game long enough that I figured I would know what is going on.</p>

<p>Hey Rebby</p><p> </p><p>

Afaik, Watson and Nadal have programmed events that make them more popular. In the O+ mod, I've tweaked it somehow, but I'm afraid CVE still has the old over-the-top values. </p><p> </p><p>

Belle might have an additional CVE-exclusive event where she posed nude (I recall something was done with her). If you don't like this, the narratives can be deleted by the player, but I for one think it adds some immersion. In the end, the rankings are not impacted by it (unlike previous WMMA games).</p><p> </p><p>

These events are programmed to fire the first day of the week, so you only have to pay attention then. We did it as people would often program their events during the weekend so they'd be more likely to read them in-between the aftermath-posts.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="5teezus" data-cite="5teezus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38723" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Should be possible, but very very rare. As fighters have died in fights IRL.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm aware that it has happened. But why on earth would you want that in the game? It's pretty disturbing in my opinion.</p><p> </p><p> In any case, the in game world is significantly smaller than the real world, and looking at the stats, any fatality that has occurred has taken place at events which would be smaller than any that take place in game. So even in the interest of accuracy, it really doesn't make sense. </p><p> </p><p> But mainly, it would serve no purpose.</p>

<p>How do you book Pay-per-views? </p><p> </p><p>

I tried to book with different PPV broadcasters in different markets and found that they have "exclusive" content issues. I thought the "exclusive" content thing only applied to broadcasters in the same region.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thamolas" data-cite="thamolas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38723" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do you book Pay-per-views? <p> </p><p> I tried to book with different PPV broadcasters in different markets and found that they have "exclusive" content issues. I thought the "exclusive" content thing only applied to broadcasters in the same region.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, Exclusive means you can't "book" a PPV with an other PPV broadcaster</p>

Company Momentum in the Mass Edit Section?

In the editor before you start up a game, why is company momentum in the mass edit section when you can't see it when creating companies? I know there is heat there, but I see no momentum, and both are listed in the mass edit section.

<p>Here's a question: what's the deal with "secret numbers" that are assigned to fighters? What do they do? What do they control? I understand that they are randomly generated and are put into place to make each gaming session unique. But how much do they control? And what numbers determine what behavior? If I have a guy in my game that's supposed to be a killer, will the randomly generated secret numbers somehow make him less of a killer depending on what kind of modified behavior said number interjects into the game? Because that's not something I want. I expect my guys to perform how they're created to perform. Any insight on this?</p><p> </p><p>

-JGA</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lain" data-cite="lain" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38723" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In the editor before you start up a game, why is company momentum in the mass edit section when you can't see it when creating companies? I know there is heat there, but I see no momentum, and both are listed in the mass edit section.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's an error, it should not be in that section.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="JGreyA" data-cite="JGreyA" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38723" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Here's a question: what's the deal with "secret numbers" that are assigned to fighters? What do they do? What do they control? I understand that they are randomly generated and are put into place to make each gaming session unique. But how much do they control? And what numbers determine what behavior? If I have a guy in my game that's supposed to be a killer, will the randomly generated secret numbers somehow make him less of a killer depending on what kind of modified behavior said number interjects into the game? Because that's not something I want. I expect my guys to perform how they're created to perform. Any insight on this?<p> </p><p> -JGA</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you're familiar with the Destiny value from TEW, that's exactly what it is. It is used in many different situations to create randomness, including when people retire, how their training goes, how they interact with each other, etc. It doesn't have any impact on their actual fights, which are entirely stat based.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="krownroyal83" data-cite="krownroyal83" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38723" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there any way to speed up the simulation? It takes about 10 minutes just to sim a week.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The first few weeks are generally longer because the AI has to sort out its rosters. Other than that, the fewer companies and fighters, the faster it will go.</p>

<p>The O+ mod sims decades in an afternoon. If someone were to make a UFC only mod, that would also sim quickly. 10 minutes for a week seems insane.</p><p> </p><p>

If you read between the lines, destiny does have an inpact on stats. If you really want to make a killer, his base stars need to be really high.</p>

If you're familiar with the Destiny value from TEW, that's exactly what it is. It is used in many different situations to create randomness, including when people retire, how their training goes, how they interact with each other, etc. It doesn't have any impact on their actual fights, which are entirely stat based.

Okay, thanks for the clarification, Adam!

JGA

<p>What stats determines whether your fighter "shoots" for more takedowns (i.e double leg, single leg) vs. grabbing them into a clinch and taking them down with double underhooks?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

For example i'm trying to edit fighters stats to make them fight more how they do in real life. GSP being one of them, obviously he's known for his double legs, but in game every one of his take downs starts with "GSP closes the distance and pulls ___ into a clinch without taking much damage. GSP drives ___ down with an underhook suplex" "GSP gets a good grip and hits a belly to belly suplex" etc</p>

Archived