The Minor Questions Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many shows a month are you guys booking with a UFC sized company?

Depends on how many people you have left over. Usually I can tell by having to scroll to see all my fighters on the match making screen. Usually if there's less than ten people in each division left, ROUGHLY, I'm pretty satisfied. However, I try really hard to stick to 30 people in each division, and I'm playing as GAMMA in the default data.

That said, I'm not a huge fan of running more than one show a month. Typically I'll deal with the spillover by running a TV show when I need it. One of the problems with this game is that it doesn't really simulate good TV cards that well (however that's both good and bad?), AND it's pretty hard to create great main events. So basically your popularity will, I would imagine, just stay the same by running both a good card and bad card every month, and might even go down.

Depends on how many people you have left over. Usually I can tell by having to scroll to see all my fighters on the match making screen. Usually if there's less than ten people in each division left, ROUGHLY, I'm pretty satisfied. However, I try really hard to stick to 30 people in each division, and I'm playing as GAMMA in the default data.

That said, I'm not a huge fan of running more than one show a month. Typically I'll deal with the spillover by running a TV show when I need it. One of the problems with this game is that it doesn't really simulate good TV cards that well (however that's both good and bad?), AND it's pretty hard to create great main events. So basically your popularity will, I would imagine, just stay the same by running both a good card and bad card every month, and might even go down.

Good stuff thanks!

Now I just need to figure out how to get pictures to work, I can't find a current file to go with the RW2017 rosters. :( lol

Game editor: Edit database. Change the picture folder in Database Info.

Save Game: Go to settings, click Picture Folder on the left side.

It's actually just easier to put every picture in the Default folder on your computer, but make sure there's no folders in the Picture folder.

How many shows a month are you guys booking with a UFC sized company?

I try to have at least 2 a month. Sometimes I find myself having bigger gaps with no shows and then having a stacked card, because i'm TERRIBLE at booking the lower tier of fighters. I find myself most familiar with the ranked fighters and keep booking them over and over again as soon as they recuperate

• 2 weeks later...

<p>What effects fighter retirements? I've been having a lot of fighters, especially female fighters retire early 30's. Even with decent records with high pop and high ranking</p><p>

For example Holly Holm was on a 4 fight win streak and in line for a title shot should she had beaten Raquel Pennington. But she lost, despite being my most popular fighter at the time and still sitting top 15 in the female p4p and retired off of 1 loss in 5</p><p> </p><p>

I know Holm is a little older than other examples I could've given but I'm curious as if there are certain factors that impact why fighters retire on this game.</p>

There are loads of factors. Their hidden Destiny value (unless that's been turned off by having the retirement age preset in the editor), gender, physical condition, recent form, employment status and the value of any contract they have, their position within the world rankings, and others all play a part.

Ah, perhaps it was the age/gender for Holm then, because like I said she had won 4/5 of her last 5, she was on a pretty lucrative contract for my most popular fighter, on around 8k more than she was valued at per fight with decent bonuses. Think she was #17 on the P4P and #5 on the Bantamweight rankings. She was 37 in my game though.

Just praying Zingano doesn't retire at 36 as she's in my top 3 fighters when it comes to name value and she's ranked #2 in the division

Can someone help me out installing this on Mac via wine? I couldn't install it with ie6 as one of the winetricks as recommended by Judoku1819 so tried with ie7 which kinda worked but now the when I open the shortcut on my laptop its just a notepad type program.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="PDoody" data-cite="PDoody" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38723" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How long does it take after retirement for regens to come into play?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think it is 1 year from the retirement before they appear.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jimmy hot" data-cite="jimmy hot" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38723" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are you planning to create wiki pages?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, that isn't planned.</p>

<p>What does resilience mean in this game?</p><p> </p><p>

I'm almost embarrassed to ask since I've owned the game for so long.</p><p> </p><p>

Is it how quickly a fighter recovers from an injury? </p><p> </p><p>

Or is it how they cope with adversity in the cage?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="scuz" data-cite="scuz" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38723" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What does resilience mean in this game?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think it's the likelyhood of an injury. I'm not sure but I know it's not what you mentioned.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="scuz" data-cite="scuz" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38723" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What does resilience mean in this game?<p> </p><p> I'm almost embarrassed to ask since I've owned the game for so long.</p><p> </p><p> Is it how quickly a fighter recovers from an injury? </p><p> </p><p> Or is it how they cope with adversity in the cage?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> From the in game notes</p><p> </p><p> "Resilience refers to how injury prone the fighter is; the higher the value, the less likely he is to get injured"</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blackman" data-cite="Blackman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38723" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think it's the likelyhood of an injury. I'm not sure but I know it's not what you mentioned.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BayStyles" data-cite="BayStyles" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38723" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>From the in game notes<p> </p><p> "Resilience refers to how injury prone the fighter is; the higher the value, the less likely he is to get injured"</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks guys.</p>

<p>So, I have Jon Jones. His Walking Weight is listed as 230 lbs, and max weight also 230 lbs</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

I went to his profile and clicked on his weight class and moved him to Heavyweight</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Now when the Heavyweight title fight comes around, his weigh is listed as 206 lbs. So even if he's the superior fighter, let's say he faces a 265 HW that walks around at 285. Just from the pure size disadvantage, he kinda gets pushed around and leaned on, etc</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Any way to fix his weight?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BayStyles" data-cite="BayStyles" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38723" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So, I have Jon Jones. His Walking Weight is listed as 230 lbs, and max weight also 230 lbs<p> </p><p> </p><p> I went to his profile and clicked on his weight class and moved him to Heavyweight</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Now when the Heavyweight title fight comes around, his weigh is listed as 206 lbs. So even if he's the superior fighter, let's say he faces a 265 HW that walks around at 285. Just from the pure size disadvantage, he kinda gets pushed around and leaned on, etc</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Any way to fix his weight?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You have to change his weight values in the editor. This is a very annoying bug that hasn't been fixed.</p><p> </p><p> Edit: Actually, I take that back. It's not really a "bug" per se, but it still is annoying and hasn't been fixed. (It was in WMMA3, too.)</p>

You have to change his weight values in the editor. This is a very annoying bug that hasn't been fixed.

Edit: Actually, I take that back. It's not really a "bug" per se, but it still is annoying and hasn't been fixed. (It was in WMMA3, too.)

Editor as in "edit database" from the main menu of the game? And then change Jones "best" weight to the weight I want him to be for Heavyweight and it'll work in my current game? Or would I have to start a new game

Editor as in "edit database" from the main menu of the game? And then change Jones "best" weight to the weight I want him to be for Heavyweight and it'll work in my current game? Or would I have to start a new game

No.

Go to Options > Editor and you can edit values in your game save.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="38723" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You should wait. There's little point getting WMMA4 when WMMA5 is on the horizon.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Fair play Adam. Was just thinking when I saw you had answered in this thread that the level of support you offer for WMMA4 is pretty amazing, and while you'd expect users to advise this, for the dev to do so is refreshing in modern times</p>

Archived