The Official ThunderVerse Discussion Thread

As my greatest creation, how do people find Johnny Hollywood? Never read that much of him yet I feel he was one of my better character creations

Not as good as PsychoTIC or DISCO Fox but he's pretty good. ;)

In all honesty, I tend to use him as a catalyst to start feuds more than anything. If he were available for the promotions I play a lot of, it'd be great. Damn AWF.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never found the backstage of the AWF to be that problematic, but it can sometimes be down to random luck, especially with the bad habits and such. Remember that degree of backstage influence relates to card position, so an extremely negative star isn't offset by 2 or 3 positives at the bottom. Look for existing positive relationships as a relatively quick way to up the backstage rating.

One of my favorite aspects of the Tverse is the sheer number of quality young workers who can be signed. So the ones that are going to be problematic due to attitude... you can just avoid them. As much fun as Mr. Hawaii is and as much as he can grow into The Rock, he can be a pain and its not necessarily worth the battle. Now losing a bunch of midcard talent hurts, because while you can easily replace the talent, the popularity will take more time.

Lenny Rhodes, Hollywood Giant, Mr. Hawaii, Rhyno Khan are probably some of my favorite young guys, Sylvain Charles and Chad Zuma are great folks too. Haven't signed any of them for POW yet unless I find something super gimmicky for them which is what I'm mostly aiming for.

POW Target W.M.D.: Kamikaze Edition II once more from the Northern Lights Club in Chicago to a capacity crowd of 300.

Continuing the tale from last week, after seeing the W.M.D. tear apart Amelia Wingheart, Wing Commander Westminster would not let her sacrifice be in vain, he was desperate to avenge her and would not let W.M.D. be relocated again (58), unfortunately despite giving it his very best in the POW MOTY, he could not beat W.M.D. (51). W.M.D. would have destroyed him if not for Nacho Inferno coming to the rescue but little did he know, W.M.D. is not susceptible to his psychic capabilities :| and Nacho Infero was beatdown with Wing Commander Westminster (58)

Those chemistry issues between Slugger Longball and Darius King was at the forefront of everyone's mind this week as the two argued who got the win against the Frat Boys, they decided they would settle it in the ring once and for all (36), in the end, Slugger Longball proved he was the superior one in the Jock Squad finale. (19)

Dreamscape (Frightening and Scaremare) brought in a friend of theirs in Dante Laff and they defeated Meet the Patels and Miss Behavin' with Dante Laff pinning Miss Behavin' to solidify his debut (28)

Sangoma continued his crusade against our greatest heroes, this time tearing apart Adam Hart who was clearly off his game (34) and promising that another hero will fall next week (61)

The Midnight Rider debuted and promised to bring POW to its knees and break it. (44)

Discotheque faced off against the Frat Boys and the two teams had a dance off mid-match which the Frat Boys could simply not handle, fist pumping is not good competition for good ole' fashion DISCO! (39)

Before attempting to save Wing Commander Westminster, Nacho Inferno faced off against El Hotdog in a glorious competition to decide who is the better food inside Paragons of Wrestling. Nacho Inferno may have cheated by manipulating the judges into thinking he was the better food and then pinned El Hot Dog when he was complaining to bring home his first victory. (35)

Another big story that continued this week was FinEATo discovering that Jeff Starfield, the man who he thought was his friend... IS IN FACT THE DOCTOR THAT CREATED HIM :eek: The doctor that made him the monster he is today. While Starfield seemed like he was trying to repent, he did not deny the truth, FinEATo said he will have his vengeance next month and that he had better prepare for it (20)

The God of Death, Hades is coming. (65)

The sequel was better than the first movie this time, with a (51) rating to keep things upbeat for POW.

As you can tell, new additions with Dante Laff, Midnight Rider, Hades and Nacho Inferno. I just wanted gimmicky guys who could talk or had good menace since the rest of the roster is weak in that regards. Not all of them will be pushed instantly, I'm taking it slow. We finished 5th in the regional wars last month with BCW finishing 6th, AWW finishing 4th, CWT 3rd, PWSUX 2nd and The Club 1st.

Changed the product before the first show so that Modern is low (to make it more pop based than performance based), and reduced the event/tv minutes to 5 because I hate that constraint, no real change to the product though.

We finished 5th in September's competition too, same order with CWT/PWSUX switched around. All Japan Joshi is offering W.M.D. a touring contract, will I still be able to use her while she's on tour?

As my greatest creation, how do people find Johnny Hollywood? Never read that much of him yet I feel he was one of my better character creations

He officially became the third announcer and backstage interviewer since Kitty Reardon was an authority figure and now a manager. His POP has gone from 55 to 70 in the 4 months I've played. I have a vague idea of doing something big with him and Prophecy early next year if Hollywood's POP continues to grow (I think Prophecy is around 80 or something; I'd like them to be a little closer before starting something). Maybe I should get him going in some dark matches now against ring general types.

EDIT: Didn't realize his current contract prohibits being used in an in-ring capacity. He still has 9 months left on his existing contract so will keep him at the announce table for the foreseeable future.

I have never found the backstage of the AWF to be that problematic, but it can sometimes be down to random luck, especially with the bad habits and such. Remember that degree of backstage influence relates to card position, so an extremely negative star isn't offset by 2 or 3 positives at the bottom. Look for existing positive relationships as a relatively quick way to up the backstage rating.

One of my favorite aspects of the Tverse is the sheer number of quality young workers who can be signed. So the ones that are going to be problematic due to attitude... you can just avoid them. As much fun as Mr. Hawaii is and as much as he can grow into The Rock, he can be a pain and its not necessarily worth the battle. Now losing a bunch of midcard talent hurts, because while you can easily replace the talent, the popularity will take more time.

Yeah, I think you're right I was hit with a lot of random incidents. I was just like, are you kidding? Another one? I did just recently gain a backstage bonus for my "feared image" so that's something. Maybe unlock psycho sermons soon.

There are a couple of guys I have my eyes on to fill some short-term holes and bleed POP to my normal roster: Cherokee Warrior, Adam Massey & Shay Kinsella are on the list. And I'm going to keep up with the CWT talent with decent POP since I can talent trade like Ghost Rider, Luther Mack, Big Bubba & Van Der Beek.

Lenny Rhodes, Hollywood Giant, Mr. Hawaii, Rhyno Khan are probably some of my favorite young guys, Sylvain Charles and Chad Zuma are great folks too. Haven't signed any of them for POW yet unless I find something super gimmicky for them which is what I'm mostly aiming for.

Kahn & Zuma were two not on the radar. Now they are. ;)

Sangoma and Hades aren't as talented in the ring but they've got great star quality, menace and abilities to speak on the microphone. You can definitely build them up as the sort of Bray Wyatt/Undertaker/Kane/Mordecai/Kevin Thorne-ish supernatural characters in AWF. No rush either, just give them 5 minutes each week to squash someone and a promo based off menace or even entertainment since they can handle that, and you'll have guys who your champ or big face can beat down the line.

He officially became the third announcer and backstage interviewer since Kitty Reardon was an authority figure and now a manager. His POP has gone from 55 to 70 in the 4 months I've played. I have a vague idea of doing something big with him and Prophecy early next year if Hollywood's POP continues to grow (I think Prophecy is around 80 or something; I'd like them to be a little closer before starting something). Maybe I should get him going in some dark matches now against ring general types.

EDIT: Didn't realize his current contract prohibits being used in an in-ring capacity. He still has 9 months left on his existing contract so will keep him at the announce table for the foreseeable future.

Honestly, neither had I until you posted. Its been a while since I've played TEW in fairness, but damn you JHD and co for taking my overly impressive charisma machine and making him more successful in another role :p

Started a game as PWSUX. I can see why Ram Diablo starts as champ, he's awesome. Great in ring worker, good on the mic and excellent menace. If he's not in time decline, he can get great results with pretty much anyone. Got a 65 rating out of him and Jayden O'Cole as a throwaway match. I also signed Chad Zuma who's become one of my new go to signings, another worker who's decent on the mic as well as a great in ring talent.

Has anyone else played as PWSUX and got any tips or recommendations?

Also for anyone who's played as them, how do you use the alliance?

I'm thinking of bringing a few workers in for the GoreBrawl, but outside of that not really gave it much more thought.

Started a game as PWSUX. I can see why Ram Diablo starts as champ, he's awesome. Great in ring worker, good on the mic and excellent menace. If he's not in time decline, he can get great results with pretty much anyone. Got a 65 rating out of him and Jayden O'Cole as a throwaway match. I also signed Chad Zuma who's become one of my new go to signings, another worker who's decent on the mic as well as a great in ring talent.

Has anyone else played as PWSUX and got any tips or recommendations?

Also for anyone who's played as them, how do you use the alliance?

I'm thinking of bringing a few workers in for the GoreBrawl, but outside of that not really gave it much more thought.

Don't get too attached to Klaxon or the Enemies of the State would be my main advice, AWF may well sign them up to written deals when their PPA contracts run out. I've always thought the Street Survivors would make good replacements for EOTS, but I've never signed them with SUX. Rhyno Khan is obviously a pretty good fit, good hardcore worker and a positive relationship with Diablo.

Jayden O'Cole is one of the better wrestlers in the company so I always try to build him up as one of the lead faces in the company despite his poor charisma/star quality. I like the FBI a lot. I only ever use the alliance for GoreBrawl and an occasional appearance from Ishkhan.

Don't get too attached to Klaxon or the Enemies of the State would be my main advice, AWF may well sign them up to written deals when their PPA contracts run out. I've always though the Street Survivors would make good replacements for EOTS, but I've never signed them with SUX. Rhyno Khan is obviously a pretty good fit, good hardcore worker and a positive relationship with Diablo.

Jayden O'Cole is one of the better wrestlers in the company so I always try to build him up as one of the lead faces in the company despite his poor charisma/star quality. I like the FBI a lot. I only ever use the alliance for GoreBrawl and an occasional appearance from Ishkhan.

Thanks, good point about EOTS and Klaxon. I've moved my shows to a Saturday just to use these guys due to their AWF contracts.

Khan is another that I've looked at especially because of his ties to Diablo. Never thought about the Street Survivors, but now that you mention it they seem like they would be a good fit.

Something else I've considered is bring in Dr Texas to use as a Road Agent and to train guys up in the pre-show, similar to someone's suggestion earlier in the thread about Johnny Hammer in CWT.

How do you schedule your events, do you stick with 1 or 2 a month or do you start off using weekly events due to the $1 million starting funds?

Thanks, good point about EOTS and Klaxon. I've moved my shows to a Saturday just to use these guys due to their AWF contracts.

Khan is another that I've looked at especially because of his ties to Diablo. Never thought about the Street Survivors, but now that you mention it they seem like they would be a good fit.

Something else I've considered is bring in Dr Texas to use as a Road Agent and to train guys up in the pre-show, similar to someone's suggestion earlier in the thread about Johnny Hammer in CWT.

How do you schedule your events, do you stick with 1 or 2 a month or do you start off using weekly events due to the $1 million starting funds?

I usually just run one show a month. I go with SUX because I like the roster and I prefer one show a month schedules, I've no real desire to expand that quickly, so I've never bothered holding more than two shows a month. Texas in that sort of role would be a really good fit, I may have to steal that idea.

Eli Morton Jumped ship!

It is February 2015. AWF has just grew to national and were looking to sign new talent to stay there. Luckily for AWF, PWI biggest star and reigning World Champ contract was running out. Eli was #3 on the Power 500 with an average match rating of 87 in 2014. In the first two months of 2015 he is even better sporting a 93 average rating. Just weeks after Eli defended his title for the 11th time he had signed a exclusive contract to join AWF. He still has a month left on a contract and Scott Hart just beat him in a non-title match. So I think he will win the world title in Eli's spot.

I am booking an Australian promotion but I just thought this was super cool. The "extremely loyal" man on top of the mountain of the company that made him a star in the USA leaving for Sports Entertainment. I bet the Wrestling Integrity fans are livid at Eli for this.

Time will tell if Eli gets the AWF World Title(the title that just last month Timothy Hawk lost to Jean-Claude Giroux). He is behind the above two and Core on the popularity chart.

Edit: Scott Hart did indeed win the belt off of Eli Morton(93) at PWI Night of Intensity. However Norton's last match was a farewell match in the main event of PWI's weekly show. His opponent, oddly enough, being the guy that left AWF for PWI 3 years ago, Sebastian Curtis. The match, despite the occasional " **** you Morton" from a small majority of the crowd, was breathtaking. They tore the house down on route to a 5 star match(99). Curtis won the match obviously.

Eli Morton was a "surprise" entrant in the 30-man Battle Royal at Battle For Los Angeles 2015 which had to surprise close to nobody in reality. However, he lost to Timothy Hawk after 28 other men were eliminated.

So started again as PWSUX and signed Rhyno Khan, The Street Survivors, Hannah Gold & Dr Texas.

Held the 1st event and put Hannah in the 3rd chair for commentary to build up her pop. I plan on using her as a backstage interviewer as she's great on the mic. Using Texas to train the young guns in the pre-show; however after the 1st event he's announced his retirment so might have to think that one again in a few months and maybe use him as a manager to train people on the mic.

The 1st event looked like this (ratings in brackets):

--- PWSUX Cruel Summer 2014

Rating: 64

Attendance: 2,000

---(Pre-Show)

Dr Texas Hypes Cole Younger (58)

Texas & Younger beat Electric Swag (38)

Leati The Headhunter Promo about Komplete Kaos (55)

Leati beat Kaos (34)

---(Main Show)

Derrick Moore Books Match Between Diablo, Binx, Klaxon & Omar G (64)

Jayden O'Cole beat Meiji Tagawa to retain the Uncensored Title (39)

Tri-State Trainwreck beat Full Blooded Irishmen to retain the Tag Titles (45)

Poisonus Apathy Attack Tri-State Trainwreck (54)

Mitch Mulconry beat Marty Ambrose (40)

Love Freedom & Omri Stone Argue (53)

Love Freedom beat Omri Stone (55)

Diablo, Binx, Klaxon & Omar G Hype Match (72)

Diablo beat Klaxon, Binx & Omar G to retain the Xtreme Title (65)

Diablo Celebrates (70)

Ended up finishing 2nd in the Regional Battle due to CWT pulling a 68, so next month I'm going to have to work a bit harder and see what we can do.

So started again as PWSUX and signed Rhyno Khan, The Street Survivors, Hannah Gold & Dr Texas.

Held the 1st event and put Hannah in the 3rd chair for commentary to build up her pop. I plan on using her as a backstage interviewer as she's great on the mic. Using Texas to train the young guns in the pre-show; however after the 1st event he's announced his retirment so might have to think that one again in a few months and maybe use him as a manager to train people on the mic.

The 1st event looked like this (ratings in brackets):

--- PWSUX Cruel Summer 2014

Rating: 64

Attendance: 2,000

---(Pre-Show)

Dr Texas Hypes Cole Younger (58)

Texas & Younger beat Electric Swag (38)

Leati The Headhunter Promo about Komplete Kaos (55)

Leati beat Kaos (34)

---(Main Show)

Derrick Moore Books Match Between Diablo, Binx, Klaxon & Omar G (64)

Jayden O'Cole beat Meiji Tagawa to retain the Uncensored Title (39)

Tri-State Trainwreck beat Full Blooded Irishmen to retain the Tag Titles (45)

Poisonus Apathy Attack Tri-State Trainwreck (54)

Mitch Mulconry beat Marty Ambrose (40)

Love Freedom & Omri Stone Argue (53)

Love Freedom beat Omri Stone (55)

Diablo, Binx, Klaxon & Omar G Hype Match (72)

Diablo beat Klaxon, Binx & Omar G to retain the Xtreme Title (65)

Diablo Celebrates (70)

Ended up finishing 2nd in the Regional Battle due to CWT pulling a 68, so next month I'm going to have to work a bit harder and see what we can do.

I always have such bad luck with Ram Diablo, I always get him on time decline! Same with Ghost Rider until my current game and he's an absolute beast now.

Shadow Darkside might be a good guy for you. Good menace, good star quality, not awful in the ring, not too much of dick backstage unless you catch him out on his 'bad habit' (is it bad form to give spoilers about the lifestyle stuff BTW?) and he's a brawler. Starts off with pretty low pop but I've always found him an easy guy to build. I've had him team with Dread Nocturn before with Oscar Cult as their manager and it worked pretty well.

I always have such bad luck with Ram Diablo, I always get him on time decline! Same with Ghost Rider until my current game and he's an absolute beast now.

Shadow Darkside might be a good guy for you. Good menace, good star quality, not awful in the ring, not too much of dick backstage unless you catch him out on his 'bad habit' (is it bad form to give spoilers about the lifestyle stuff BTW?) and he's a brawler. Starts off with pretty low pop but I've always found him an easy guy to build. I've had him team with Dread Nocturn before with Oscar Cult as their manager and it worked pretty well.

Thanks, I've had a look at Darkside and looks like he would be a good fit so I'll keep him on my shortlist. I'm going to hold off for now though as just signed Jimmy Walker due to Komplete Kaos' contract coming up for renewal and rather than keep him, I signed Jimmy who looks far better than Kaos.

Well we held our 2nd event, Out of Control and got a 64 again. Still 2nd in the Regional battles, this time on the back of The Club scoring a 67.

I was pleased with the event overall though as I got my highest match so far with PWSUX in this game, a 66 main event with Diablo v Omar G for the Xtreme title.

Omar is definitely one to watch in this game and even though he's taken two losses to Diablo so far his pop has risen from 34 to 40. I think I'll be giving him some wins soon and see how he fares.

On a sidenote, has anyone come up with any standout hardcore matches they use?

I've only created a few in this game so far, a Flaming Tables match, a PWSUX Rules match (an exact copy of The Club Rules match in the data) and a Stairway To Hell match, borrowed from the good old EC-Dub :D

Just finished December 2014 with AWF.

Losing about $300k per month right now. Don't know how, it's that "Misc." budget line that's going nuts, was over $600k in December.

Backstage is finally good, up to 91% after the PPV. Some of the old negative notable factors like Studd's three failed tests and Klaxon's two seemed to clear off once the month changed to January.

Lots of craziness happening. Chaperone's contract expires in the next month and I'm not renewing. Instead I'm signing Clay Clinton who will be much cheaper, looks like he will be a positive influence, and is better on Microphone & Announcing than Chap. 25 days left to job out some of Chap's 82 POP (I didn't even realize he could still wrestle until now).

Giroux won the World title from Hawk at Where Champions Clash. Giroux's little Warhawks stable (that includes Cloud James, Joe Havanna & Adrienne) might add Cherokee Warrior. I haven't been able to job CW out like I planned, I like him too much. :) Might lead to Warrior vs. Warrior program, and then a possible Warrior stable with some of the other "warriors" in the TVerse (or just use some developmental AWF guys).

Nick Hart turned heel to join up with James Gilmour-Hart who I was able to snag from PWI. My only other attempt to raid PWI failed when I tried for Anderson Peters near the end of his contract, but at least I helped drive his price up and he's now costing PWI $30k per month now! I did sign Tony Chi in October, but that was more of a "correcting a past mistake" signing than a raid on PWI.

Military Discipline have increased from 30 POP to 41 in the two months I've had them, and that was basically just from two wins over The Mercenaries. The Mercenaries disbanded as I sent Marshal Law to developmental as a trainer. Law literally had 0 momentum since coming back from his injury.

I had to sign more tag teams, so I brought in the DaSilvas as I was thinking about who are going to be jobbers at the moment aaaaand..... Deuces Wild. They're going to slot right in with Military Discipline as the two main heel challengers to America & Korben while Enemies of the State will drop out of the title picture and do the job for Cool Chris & Beautiful Bryce who desperately need some wins and momentum.

Cross still has US & TV titles. I'm going to have Skym strip the TV title and hold a tournament for it which will be a fun way to start 2015. Might be a place to showcase Tony Chi, Mr. Hawaii and newboy Lenny Rhodes.

Try turning off the drug testing. That will drop some of the losses a bit.

Can understand getting rid of Chaperone due to the attitude. But it can cost you. His attitude is somewhat offset by his friendship with Drake Richards, plus he has decent experience in the booth at this point, which you will be using.

And that's some very relevant promoting of something that's worthwhile for everyone to check out, MHero. Awesome work.

Decided to start a little side project outside of my AWF game. so started as CWT and having mad fun as them, currently only just passed Feb and the Briscoe Bowl.

At the Briscoe Bowl, Roscoe Carmine outlasted 7 other men in a one night tournament to win the Briscoe Bowl Cup & the right to challenge the CWT Champion @ The South Will Rise Again.

Speaking of the CWT Champion, After seeing off the challenge of his former partner & friend Sean Riley, Cloud James was assaulted by The Ghost Rider, led by Oscar Occult, after weeks of brawls, sneak attacks and backstage attacks this hotly anticipated build up came to a head at Briscoe Bowl with James once again putting in a great performance and seeing off another challenge.

The CWT Mid-South Television has so far been the only title to change hands, jumping from Kris Phoenix to Jesse Mills, they have since feuded back and forth, including a first round match in the Briscoe Bowl which Mills won and a Ladder match for the title on Championship Wrestling TV.

The CWT United States Tag Team are still steadfastly held by the Hard Hitters, as a result Lance Van Der Beek is slowly progressing up the card and will in time look to break away and have a successful singles run, the only issue is at current there are no tag teams that can touch Hard Hitters so this must wait.

Really enjoying this save. :)

Archived