The Official ThunderVerse Discussion Thread

So since my last post I updated my game to the most recent data & re-started my AWF & CWT games... Today I'd like to take just a little of your time to discuss Championship Wrestling from Tennessee.

Firstly you, the makers of the T-Verse are cruel! cruel I say you nerfed CWT soooo much its almost evil... fun but evil!!!

however on with my save!

I've just reached November and I now feel comfortably on a roll.

In the CWT World Heavyweight picture I felt from the start that Big Bubba just wasn't working as champion, his segements didn't draw didley & his matches equally so, That being said at Hot August Nights Bubba did retain the gold against Lance Van Der Beak, Following that and riding high he then settled back into The Resurgence of the Flame storyline with Ghost Rider and at Civil War in a hellish match Ghost Rider defeated Bubba to become the three time CWT Champion.

Riding high on this success, Ghost Rider then met The GAW World Champion Ali Ababwa at our one off PPV special CWT: Mid Atlantic Invasion in a Champion vs Champion showcase and then at Bluff City Bash in a Last Man Standing contest retained his gold in a rematch with the former champion Big Bubba, Now Ababwa has signed a short term contract and will, over the next few months face the champion.

In our Mid-Southern Championship picture, in September at Civil War Jesse Mills was derailed by Wild Man Fargo Korban and Korban BOMBED, he bombed spectacularly! as a result Korban became a transitional champion and lost to The Great Colorado, who will now roll forward to work a program with 3 of the top guys in CWT at the moment, Jack America, Lance Van Der Beak and the returning Shay Kinsella, America & LVDB continue their recent feud in this.

The United States Tag Team is possibly where I'm having the most fun!!! At Civil War (yes all the belts changed hands at Civil War) Street Survivors could not produce an answer for the Red Neck Onslaught of Tough Justice and Tough Justice despite being both in time decline became United States Tag Team Champs for the first time in their career, the reign would be short lived however as one month later at Bluff City Bash (my new favourite tag team) The team of Porkchop Biscuit Jr & Luke Graves, collectively known as Biscuit and Gravey would become Champions.

The plan going forward is to keep the belts on Biscuit & Gravey for a good while and build the division around them.

Also of note I brought in Manu Samoa and I'm essentially booking him as my Samoa Joe, he's already started tearing through the roster, the plan being that he has at least a 12 month unbeaten streak before he takes the title from Rider and the aim would be bringing up the prestige of the title which Rider has already started, when the belt was on Bubba it was at D+ and in the short time Ghost Rider has held it he's jumped it up to B+

So that, at current is my game, gotta say massively enjoying it.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you guys have any tips for someone just starting in the T-Verse? What I really want to know is if there are any must have prospects in T-Verse similar to KC Glenn or any other exceptional prospect in C-Verse! If anyone know anything thank you in advance.

To add to what others have said, one of the beautiful things about the Tverse is the way the talent is set up. Almost everyone still has some room to grow. So there really isn't KC Glenn and Gauge/Keith types.

Probably the closest to those kind of prospects are Sharif Awar and Taylor Boston, who debut a bit into the game. They come through the AWF and PWI dojos respectively and you will never manage to sign them elsewhere, not for a good many years.

There is a handful of guys who are old and experienced enough that you can't call them prospects. But they can anchor a smaller promotion or become key players for a bigger one. The likes of Fargo Korben, Seven Bradnt, Kris Phoenix, Jesse Gilmore Hart, Chelsea Lane, and Jarid Hart. They are pretty close to fully developed, mainly one one area left (Selling, Safety, etc) and then popularity.

Looking at younger guys.... let's say 26 and under. Loads of options. But all have some growing to do. Some are pretty well developed in terms of Performance skills but they need top row work. Others have at least one Performance skill that needs to be developed. Sangoma is a great prospect but needs growth in Psychology, as one example.

A few good options to look at.... Sylvain Charles, Thomas Beaumont, Travis Diekman, Mr. Hawaii, Pierre Lejosne, Mike Frobel, Lincoln Nash, Maori Warrior, Marcus Franklin, Hollywood Giant, Fergus Storm, Iago de Bruin, Jimmy Walker, Derek Grace, Caleb Adonis.... so many more. Plenty on the women's side. And even workers without the greatest Star Quality can turn out to be excellent workers, especially if they are working with other talent. So its literally finding the characters that interest you.

Do you guys have any tips for someone just starting in the T-Verse? What I really want to know is if there are any must have prospects in T-Verse similar to KC Glenn or any other exceptional prospect in C-Verse! If anyone know anything thank you in advance.

I'll echo what everyone has said so far. Best part about the T-Verse is that everyone can develop into studs. Even the worst guys can be made into decent midcarders.

One dude I'll suggest is Lenny Rhodes that I pick up in every game I can. Other than his soft drug habit (which isn't that big of a problem unless you drug test), he's a stellar pickup. He's under-25, a stud on the mic, and a strong in-ring performer. Can be a face or a heel. Decent star quality too! The only knock against him is that while he's good or great just about everywhere else, his actual in-ring skills aren't the greatest, but once he starts working consistently, he'll develop really well.

Another guy I'd suggest real quick is Mattias Taylor. Granted, I don't think he debuts until sometime in 2015 so you'll have to wait, but he's got potential to be great. Just needs to work on his in-ring skills and performance. His charisma is there, but his mic skill needs some development.

I'll echo what everyone has said so far. Best part about the T-Verse is that everyone can develop into studs. Even the worst guys can be made into decent midcarders.

One dude I'll suggest is Lenny Rhodes that I pick up in every game I can. Other than his soft drug habit (which isn't that big of a problem unless you drug test), he's a stellar pickup. He's under-25, a stud on the mic, and a strong in-ring performer. Can be a face or a heel. Decent star quality too! The only knock against him is that while he's good or great just about everywhere else, his actual in-ring skills aren't the greatest, but once he starts working consistently, he'll develop really well.

Another guy I'd suggest real quick is Mattias Taylor. Granted, I don't think he debuts until sometime in 2015 so you'll have to wait, but he's got potential to be great. Just needs to work on his in-ring skills and performance. His charisma is there, but his mic skill needs some development.

Can't believe I left Lenny off my mini-list. Great call.

Something I enjoy doing way too much is to run watcher sims for 3 to 5 years and then see how people have developed. Almost every time, there will be someone who will surprise me. But its an activity that comes with danger - seeing how certain workers develop can lead you taking up a game with that promotion. I ended up spending time on games with Dragon and PWI after seeing how their starting talent developed in some separate watcher sims.

Man, I have enthusiasm levels for this T-verse game I haven't had for a game in months!

I'm two PPVs in. Hawk has successfully retained in a four-way with Dolla, Richards and Core and then again in a bout with Mountain Albert, where the fans voted for a TLC match. Our Chamber of Horrors match looks like Hawk vs. Towerblock vs Hart vs Dolla vs Richards vs Albert.

Cloud James debuted smashing a beer bottle over Cross's head, to fan approval, at Uprising, and fans voted for him to challenge for the belt at Power to the People. They went to a double DQ draw, which will lead to some sort of brawling match.

Nick Hart debuted to a win over Jean-Claude Giroux but Drake Richards sabotaged his follow-up PPV match with Silva Dolla so now they're feuding.

Jess Hart (I abbreviated her name) debuted to take on The Mean Girls, a trio led by (the re-named) Amy Marie. She just won the Starlets belt, and I intend on making her the cornerstone of the division.

Caleb Adonis debuted but his fanfare was interrupted by the partying antics of debuting Lenny Rhodes, leading to a feud until Adonis got hurt. Now he's back, so I've added the real life injury as a kayfabe story component.

My next project is to rebuild the tag team division. Bryce Christensen is flying solo now and #Trending turned heel on the champs, winning the belts, so I only have one face tag team. Gonna bring in a few and really spice things up.

That's pretty awesome, Sigilistic. Fantastic that you are into the Tverse. Its a very fun place to spend a whole great deal of time.

Good choice to not run the 4 way with Garrett South. He just doesn't have the overness yet to belong. A 4 way will hide that a bit but he still hurts. He can be built up fairly quickly. I tend to keep him as an outsider trying to force his way in - interrupting matches, promos, etc. It builds popularity fairly fast and makes sense given his role in the starting storyline.

I'm just starting up with the AWF again. Still on Day 1 as it takes me some time to get the game all set up. I've opened up a couple developmental territories and offered contracts, mostly development deals. Got a few guys to increase their size - and their Star Quality. Looking forward to getting things rolling.

That's pretty awesome, Sigilistic. Fantastic that you are into the Tverse. Its a very fun place to spend a whole great deal of time.

Good choice to not run the 4 way with Garrett South. He just doesn't have the overness yet to belong. A 4 way will hide that a bit but he still hurts. He can be built up fairly quickly. I tend to keep him as an outsider trying to force his way in - interrupting matches, promos, etc. It builds popularity fairly fast and makes sense given his role in the starting storyline.

I'm just starting up with the AWF again. Still on Day 1 as it takes me some time to get the game all set up. I've opened up a couple developmental territories and offered contracts, mostly development deals. Got a few guys to increase their size - and their Star Quality. Looking forward to getting things rolling.

Yeah, I like him but he's not ready yet. His resemblance to Orton inspired me to run a Legend Killer type storyline, so he's been doing that the past couple months. He lost, by DQ, to Immortal Warrior and then powerbombed him into electrical equipment post-match. That incensed several people (Core, Bryce Christensen, Fargo Korben) but fans voted for Core to avenge Warrior. Unfortunately, South once again deliberately DQ-ed himself and then nailed Core in a bloody spot involved steel steps.

I figure I'll just keep having him lose his way up the card in this fashion, regaining his momentum through vicious angles.

Yeah, I like him but he's not ready yet. His resemblance to Orton inspired me to run a Legend Killer type storyline, so he's been doing that the past couple months. He lost, by DQ, to Immortal Warrior and then powerbombed him into electrical equipment post-match. That incensed several people (Core, Bryce Christensen, Fargo Korben) but fans voted for Core to avenge Warrior. Unfortunately, South once again deliberately DQ-ed himself and then nailed Core in a bloody spot involved steel steps.

I figure I'll just keep having him lose his way up the card in this fashion, regaining his momentum through vicious angles.

Nice usage. the intent is not too different on my end, but more of a Stone Cold vibe. I love that both work. I put him in a stable with Giroux and Albert, and tagging with Giroux a bit should see his Performance skills jump nicely.

Just be careful you don't have him lose too much. Recent Fortunes can cause that rise to stall.

Does anyone have good babyface tag team recommendations? Who would fit in well with AWF's product and popularity level?

They won't start at midcard, but Soda and his partner (I can't remember his name) might be one of your better bets. Add in Sissy and she can bring the Sex Appeal to help.

Not a load of other options come to mind that are "ready". Some combos need time to develop or don't have much for US overness to begin with. If you have gotten rid of the Working Agreements, looking to raid CWT or Dragon might yield some options. If you are looking to build some teams up from scratch, there are some nice options with the alts you can find.

I am looking for a manager to lead my Eternal Darkness (The Ghost Rider, Dread Nocturn & Calaca) stable in CWT. Obviously I will have Ghost Rider cut promos but I would like to find someone who would fit the group and help Dread and Calaca move up the card.

With the Battle For LA Match profile saying the winner gets a title shot any time in the next twelve months, and I don't think there's a cannon winner, I always have South as the holder of that at the start of the game. Justifies his involvement in the storyline as he could strike at any time while giving me a while to get him ready before I actually give him a title shot.

Does anyone have good babyface tag team recommendations? Who would fit in well with AWF's product and popularity level?

Street Survivors (Duane Davis & Rick E. Walters), Military Discipline (General Mayhem & Corporal Punishment), Cameron Cody & Kris Phoenix, The Devestators are quite usable despite their age (Juggernaut & Monstrosity). All fairly popular, decent faces who could conceivably work in the AWF depending on how you want to portray the company.

I am looking for a manager to lead my Eternal Darkness (The Ghost Rider, Dread Nocturn & Calaca) stable in CWT. Obviously I will have Ghost Rider cut promos but I would like to find someone who would fit the group and help Dread and Calaca move up the card.

Bringing Oscar Cult back seems like the obvious option, but I think he starts on hiatus so I'm not sure if he'd sign with you. Can't think of anyone else who'd really work very well. Maybe Dr Danger?

Tori Esparza in her Aura gimmick fits the general theme of that group, would be worth a look.

Street Survivors (Duane Davis & Rick E. Walters), Military Discipline (General Mayhem & Corporal Punishment), Cameron Cody & Kris Phoenix, The Devestators are quite usable despite their age (Juggernaut & Monstrosity). All fairly popular, decent faces who could conceivably work in the AWF depending on how you want to portray the company.

All good suggestions but be aware that the Street Survivors and Cameron Cody are in the non-aggression pact promotions of CWT and DRAGON (unless you've broken them already).

I'd also maybe look at The Waveriders of Riptide and T-Bomb. They're not as popular as other teams but they're pretty good and pretty young (29 and 22 respectively).

I signed them when I was at national, so their position on the card should be higher with AWF, but I signed The Starr Brothers (Billy and Brandon Starr) to serve as my lower card faces. Just as long as you give them a quality manager.

All good suggestions but be aware that the Street Survivors and Cameron Cody are in the non-aggression pact promotions of CWT and DRAGON (unless you've broken them already).

I'd also maybe look at The Waveriders of Riptide and T-Bomb. They're not as popular as other teams but they're pretty good and pretty young (29 and 22 respectively).

I forgot about the pacts, I usually break them instantly.

Shannon Sorensen also has his team with Phoenix if the pact is a problem, and while he's not that good I do like the tag team.

With the Battle For LA Match profile saying the winner gets a title shot any time in the next twelve months, and I don't think there's a cannon winner, I always have South as the holder of that at the start of the game. Justifies his involvement in the storyline as he could strike at any time while giving me a while to get him ready before I actually give him a title shot.

Ooooh, shiny. Good to know! I think I'll adopt this for my game.

I've been careful to have South only lose in the PPV bouts, and only by DQ. Otherwise, he's being kept strong with wins on television. Maybe after he wraps up with Core I'll have him go Hawk hunting.

Thanks for all the team recommendations!

Forgot to mention, my read of the PWSUX situation, or at least my version of it, is that the invasion ended at Wrestlefest and the PWSUX side won. Now Prophecy is the power in AWF and poor Casey Skym, my character, is his whipping boy. Any time I want a heel to get some heat, Prophecy will book him against Skym and Skym will just get destroyed.

Forgot to mention, my read of the PWSUX situation, or at least my version of it, is that the invasion ended at Wrestlefest and the PWSUX side won. Now Prophecy is the power in AWF and poor Casey Skym, my character, is his whipping boy. Any time I want a heel to get some heat, Prophecy will book him against Skym and Skym will just get destroyed.

Interesting take on it, can't say I've ever seen it suggested this way before.

I like it. :D

You could use Johnny Hammer and Woo Mercy. CWT agreement again, but they have A* experience. Just don't be surprised by the blazingly horrible time decline they are likely to be on. But A Psychology will compensate for that to some degree.

Interesting take on it, can't say I've ever seen it suggested this way before.

I like it. :D

Thanks! It'll eventually pay off with Skym leading a rebellion and overthrowing the regime. At which point I may dip my toe into a "The Authority" style storyline. Or not. :)

You could use Johnny Hammer and Woo Mercy. CWT agreement again, but they have A* experience. Just don't be surprised by the blazingly horrible time decline they are likely to be on. But A Psychology will compensate for that to some degree.

Yeah, a team of vets would come in handy, especially when working with the young guns.

Archived