This is something I've been wondering for a long time. I have suggestions, but I want to ask a few things and know if I'm the only one bothered by this stuff before I go to the Suggestions forum.

I like to play as early 90s WWF, usually starting from 1993 with a 1 hour RAW tv show.

I've just been thinking about what exactly are the drawbacks of just having a 3 hour weekly show? There is nothing stopping me, but, from a gameplay standpoint, should there be?

Longer matches score better and longer angles score better. In order to fit everyone on the show and avoid making people mad, I need to make stuff short which hurts ratings. So, I can't see how I could do anything but win by going three hours: I score better ratings, fit everyone on the show and no one gets mad.

Am I the only one bothered by this? Is there something I'm not getting?

I'd have a few ideas here, but I want to discuss this first.

This is something I've been wondering for a long time. I have suggestions, but I want to ask a few things and know if I'm the only one bothered by this stuff before I go to the Suggestions forum.

I like to play as early 90s WWF, usually starting from 1993 with a 1 hour RAW tv show.

I've just been thinking about what exactly are the drawbacks of just having a 3 hour weekly show? There is nothing stopping me, but, from a gameplay standpoint, should there be?

Longer matches score better and longer angles score better. In order to fit everyone on the show and avoid making people mad, I need to make stuff short which hurts ratings. So, I can't see how I could do anything but win by going three hours: I score better ratings, fit everyone on the show and no one gets mad.

Am I the only one bothered by this? Is there something I'm not getting?

I'd have a few ideas here, but I want to discuss this first.

I personally have only gone two hours, mainly due to not playing the same game long enough to build to three hours.. I think that if I had say ten feuds, half hour on each with a few matches in between I could fill it, but it would take me a while to get through the game.. Ten minute angles, matches at say 8-12-16 to enable slow build main eventer matches..

Three hours is more work than one hour. Personally I hate going more than an hour for television. Feels like a chore. You have a bigger roster and more egos to placate. Ultimately I think it's more of a choice in personal style, than a choice of in-game mathematics

Three hours is more work than one hour. Personally I hate going more than an hour for television. Feels like a chore. You have a bigger roster and more egos to placate. Ultimately I think it's more of a choice in personal style, than a choice of in-game mathematics

Kinda. But I'll just do the same segments I'd do on an hour show, but just give them more time - with the added bonus that they will score better.

TEW's features just normally have drawbacks that come with the positives, so this is weird to me.

Kinda. But I'll just do the same segments I'd do on an hour show, but just give them more time - with the added bonus that they will score better.

TEW's features just normally have drawbacks that come with the positives, so this is weird to me.

I always do 3 hr shows. If you got a person who gets a good angle based on overness. The angle will actually do better at 10 mins than 3 mins. I do 3 hr shows because I always filled the preshow up. Which if you make them the opening card matches then have 3 strong main matches. You suffer no penalty on the rating at all. Now the post show has always got me. I have never found a match that didn't get the note (they don't take it seriously)

I always do 3 hr shows. If you got a person who gets a good angle based on overness. The angle will actually do better at 10 mins than 3 mins. I do 3 hr shows because I always filled the preshow up. Which if you make them the opening card matches then have 3 strong main matches. You suffer no penalty on the rating at all. Now the post show has always got me. I have never found a match that didn't get the note (they don't take it seriously)

The pre-show serves the purose of warming up the crowd, so the performers have a reason to be there, do their job and take it seriously.

The post-show doesn't really serve a purpose, so the workers don't have a reason to take it too seriously.

The pre-show serves the purose of warming up the crowd, so the performers have a reason to be there, do their job and take it seriously.

The post-show doesn't really serve a purpose, so the workers don't have a reason to take it too seriously.

Yeah Post show matches always seem to tank, post show angles usually don't suffer the same fate. I have sometimes used post show angles as a way to get workers to improve ent skills or something.

Drawbacks:

1) Booking 3 hours is going to lead to lead to a lot of repetitiveness in the long run. Just booking 2 hours gets difficult after awhile to not spam the same matches.

2) Booking 3 hours of say an A show means you have to have enough workers to justify a spot on an A show card. If you are just booking scrubs you are going to hurt your overall show grade.

Drawbacks:

1) Booking 3 hours is going to lead to lead to a lot of repetitiveness in the long run. Just booking 2 hours gets difficult after awhile to not spam the same matches.

2) Booking 3 hours of say an A show means you have to have enough workers to justify a spot on an A show card. If you are just booking scrubs you are going to hurt your overall show grade.

But it goes back to me being able to potentially book every angle to be 30 minutes. As long as they are at least 6 minutes, they will get the best possible grade.

That way they will fill time and not hurt the rating.

Drawbacks:

Considering that 90% of the Match rating is coming from the Main Event and Semi Main (with the remaing 10% being the average of all other matches), and 100% of your angle rating is coming from your top three angles, the amount of show grade you'll lose is really pretty insignifact.

Considering that 90% of the Match rating is coming from the Main Event and Semi Main (with the remaing 10% being the average of all other matches), and 100% of your angle rating is coming from your top three angles, the amount of show grade you'll lose is really pretty insignifact.

true

main match

match right before match

the angles in between those matches

I would say this is the main part of the ratings impact. So for 3 hr show. You could book 50 and 60's for half the show and still be fine. As long as you carried it at the end of the show.

But it goes back to me being able to potentially book every angle to be 30 minutes. As long as they are at least 6 minutes, they will get the best possible grade.

That way they will fill time and not hurt the rating.

Yes you can it is actually called cheating the system. If you got john cena with 90's over. If you do 10 min angles you will always get 90's if you base it off overness and major success. For example: lower midcard vs lower midcard gets a 50 rating. You follow it up with 90 angle of john cena is here. Repeat with cena angles through out the whole show. Angles are always the same when based on overness. Entertainment can't even do that perfect. 10 mins works the best

On my 1993 save on the 1987 db as WWF i'm onto 3 hours and find it a good balance with the deph of the roster and not having to waste PPV matches or potential money making main events.

Using some promo time to develop some young guys skills.

Use some undercard matches to give young guys experience and give midcarders wins.

last 3 matches on the 3 hur show will be my IC scene match (the ic feud or no 1 conenders stuff etc) My top tag team feud matches and finished off wih one of my main eventers defeating another ME doing nothing or getting old. etc. or maybe a top Upper midcarder to see if they can hang.

The older ME'er ill get a win against younger talent to also train them up in he opening Raw the following weeks.

I ensure I have people on short term contracts at all levels.. opener to Main eveners who job it is to lose most of their matches... then leave and i bring in others and refresh like that

3 hours is a nice amount of time for me and helps me build properly and have more things going on

There should be some sort of crowd fatigue happening here. i never quite understood the angle lengths being so long. Heck people are tired of the 20 minute Raw opening promos lol.

I remember watching Vince Russo book on TEW as well as a former booker at a indy company being baffled by the number of minutes needed for a angle to be most effective. Both thought 6 minutes were too much. I can't imagine going to a show watching countless of 10 minute promos.

Of course booking 30 minute matches already have its downside but nothing really combat gaming the system with angles especially since the top 3 are most important.

Archived