Adam Ryland interview on 41mania.com

Hello ladies and gents. Yours truly will be interviewing Adam for 411mania.com. In addition to the obvious questions about his career and the upcoming launch of TEW16 I thought it would be fun to add a little participation from the forum members!

If you have a question or topic you would like Adam to answer/talk about then ask away! The best questions will be featured on the 411mania.com interview.

I hope to have the interview out by the time the demo hits (which will then be followed by a preview based on the demo and then a review after launch) so the cut off date for questions will be the week before the demo comes out or 10 days from now (April 18th).

Be aware that I know Adam is super busy during these next few weeks so I will only ask around 10 questions, 3-4 of which I have already decided upon as they tie directly with the release of TEW16 and Adam's career as a developer (for new readers and such). Only the best or most interesting of those posted here will make the cut.

Thank you all.

Since you're going to ask around 10 questions, I thought I'd write around 10.

Would he ever consider rewriting TEW to take it to the next level?

Does he think he has taken TEW as far as the current Visual Basic allows him?

Had he ever considered merging WMMA and TEW of sorts, so that a user could rival a MMA promotion against a Wrestling promotion?

Has there been any features Adam has worked on in the past and scrapped during development, and if so, could he tell us what one is?

Has the market for TEW grown over recent years, and what does he think the greatest challenges are for a text sim in an increasingly casual gaming world?

What the most personally rewarding feature he has worked on for TEW2016?

With the recent expansion to the Steam market, has this given any insight into future development of the game with regards to new features, or releasing TEW2016 in the near future?

Are there any ideas in the pipeline for future versions, or could this be the last TEW?

In older versions of Adam's games, some famous wrestlers were acknowledged as players of his games (William Regal for EWR). Are there any wrestlers he knows that plays TEW and does he talk to any of them?

Did Adam ever watch Vince Russo play TEW, and what did he think, did it provide interesting feedback/insight into how a new user plays the game, particularly a former insider of the business?

- Does the real life current state of wrestling as a whole influence the C-Verse storylines and if so how much so?

- Do you have a preferred style of pro wrestling product? (i.e. sports ent., puro, lucha, hardcore). A preferred company? (wwe njpw roh...)

- Any future plans to expand the TEW series? Expansion into other formats.

- Ever thought of a Fire Pro Wrestling style game based around the C-Verse?

Sans Tommy Cornell, what would be your favorite creation for the CornellVerse?

Are there any decisions that you made for the CornellVerse (not specifically for this year, this goes for any year) that you regret?

How do you envision the future of the TEW series and your other creations with GDS?

What is your opinion on the big three of the United States (WWE, TNA and ROH) today?

What is your favorite wrestler of all time? And what made you like him/her so much?

With each iteration of TEW (and WMMA for that matter) getting more complex and trying to show more information on the screen at once, will he ever break the 1024x768 cap in resolution?

I vaguely remember that during Resolution-Gate in the 2016 thread, Adam said this would likely be the last TEW at the current resolution as by the next iteration, most people will have larger monitors (or words to that effect).

I'd go check but all that was deleted after the course of that particular conversation.

I vaguely remember that during Resolution-Gate in the 2016 thread, Adam said this would likely be the last TEW at the current resolution as by the next iteration, most people will have larger monitors (or words to that effect).

I'd go check but all that was deleted after the course of that particular conversation.

Yeah, I remember that too. :)

Yeah, I remember that too. :)

I vaguely remember the opposite. I remember him saying somewhere that the resolution was capped out by the programming software (Visual Basic I believe) and that it was wasn't going to change. TEW13 has the same resolution as an iPad

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/adambn/Resolution.png

Which in itself doesn't sound like such a bad idea, but I have almost double the screen space left bare. Picture has been scaled down by PhotoBucket but it was 1850x1024

Surely it would also have been a big enough feature to appear in the development journal.

Archived