Adam Ryland interview on 41mania.com

Thanks for the questions guys. You can keep them coming. I will send the first batch over to Mr. Ryland by the end of this week so that he doesn't have to answer them all at once. I really like some of the questions posted and can't wait to hear the answers!

I particularly want to single out the question about the community. I imagine for anybody doing something (game, movie, etc.) you have to have tough skin. You are creating something and it is obviously very dear to you and you do everything possible to make it the best. But here we have a very active and mostly very vocal community who has massive expectations and some will obviously be disappointed as you just can't please everybody. I am not him and just thinking about it stresses me out!

Adam

Right now boxing is a huge deal in England? Tyson Fury is the champion ( I believe he will lose the rematch) also ANthony Joshua is a champion...

Populirity of the sport is through the roof in England so my question is is there a chance you will make a boxing sim/manager

Is Joey Beauchamp based on the former Oxford United player of the same name? And does that mean Adam supports the mighty yyyyyyelloooooows?!

What about all the 1980s/90s Everton players in WMMA? :)

Southall, Van Den Hauwe, Harper, Mountfield, Stevens, Steven, Reid, Ratcliffe, Heath, Sharp, Steven, Gray, Kanchelskis. Enough there for some subs :)

Adam

Right now boxing is a huge deal in England? Tyson Fury is the champion ( I believe he will lose the rematch) also ANthony Joshua is a champion...

Populirity of the sport is through the roof in England so my question is is there a chance you will make a boxing sim/manager

With mods and rules I believe a boxing company is possible in WMMA4. Just import all the characters you want, and have 12 rounds (maybe 10 is the limit?).

But yeah, a true boxing sim would be cool.

How can you mod it to remove wrestling and submissions?

I don't have the game in front of me at the moment, with my old computer going wacko, but I believe you don't need to mod that. You can just change the rules to not have submissions if I am not mistaken.

One swallow never made a spring.

You can buy a crown it doesn't make you King.

Back on topic: TEWfan, do you have a planned date for the interview to be posted?

I will send him the first batch of questions later today and the final batch mid-week. The idea is to have the interview up on the same date the demo drops.

There isn't a rule to not have submissions. The game is very restrictive. It allows you to modify how they cuddle each other on the ground but not if they cuddle each other on the ground.

Well then, looks like I was wrong. ;) Boxing simulation game it is! Something I would purchase probably. I bought WMMA4 on release and played for a month or so, but like most games, never played it again.

There isn't a rule to not have submissions. The game is very restrictive. It allows you to modify how they cuddle each other on the ground but not if they cuddle each other on the ground.

You would have to let your imagination do some of the work, but you can create matches that do not have submissions or pinfalls as a possible finish. If you made matches that only had knockout finishes, you could loosely simulate boxing.

Just letting you guys know that the final questions have been sent. The interview will be live this Monday at 411mania.com

Thanks to everyone and I am sorry we couldn't work every question in, but I hope we can do a part two one day.

Archived