Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

Tips on how to deal with a past his prime Main Eventer? I have Joel Bryant, and he's been good for me for a good 3 years. He's 49 now, and his stamina is in the tank (40), and he can't really put on good matches anymore. I'm trying to get other people over him, but he refuses to lose to them (he becomes very unhappy). The only person that he's willing to let beat him is my UC, who is the figurehead.

I can't really cut him because he is the mentor of two workers and good friends with another. It would start a riot. He's also great backstage.

I've tried to get him to become my road agent, but he refused. Tips?

Tag team with a lower midcarder; he'll probably be ok with his partner taking the fall (as long as the opponents are reasonably popular) and the other three guys in the match can all learn from him.

Tips on how to deal with a past his prime Main Eventer? I have Joel Bryant, and he's been good for me for a good 3 years. He's 49 now, and his stamina is in the tank (40), and he can't really put on good matches anymore. I'm trying to get other people over him, but he refuses to lose to them (he becomes very unhappy). The only person that he's willing to let beat him is my UC, who is the figurehead.

I can't really cut him because he is the mentor of two workers and good friends with another. It would start a riot. He's also great backstage.

Does keep strong and domination work? If he is popular enough the opponent will still gain popularity (or at least it has moved people up the card anecdotally) while draining his popularity until he is low enough to agree to take falls.

Tag team with a lower midcarder; he'll probably be ok with his partner taking the fall (as long as the opponents are reasonably popular) and the other three guys in the match can all learn from him.

Bingo! Or only let him beat people at lower midcarder or below. Make him a gatekeeper so the only people he loses to are people he SHOULD lose to (i.e. those workers who are over and talented enough to believably beat him).

Personally I'd go the tag team route since that allows for more talent development opportunities (cross pollination of sorts). But then, I'm all about using the old folks to groom their replacements.

I don't think I'm doing it right. I highlight RAW and click on modify event; then the Royal Rumble shows up. Doesn't matter what TV Show i want to edit when I click on modify event a PPV screen shows up. Can i no longer edit this once the contract is official?

Events are changed under the "Schedule" button.

For TV-Shows, you need to go to the Broadcasting section, and click on TV-Controls, then Edit Details.

Does anyone ever use the custom production option in merchandise under finances? If so have you found much use for it?

It seems like a really fun little minigame that I intend to play with a lot more, but if you don't want the minutia of it, then it isn't something you can't go without.

Patch 1.09: Was the Length of Match Penalty removed, I suddenly see 90+ in 14 minute matches....

It was entirely possible for that to happen before the patch, I think the cap/penalty is just applied to before things like momentum, gimmick rating, chemistry, storyline heat etc are bonused on top of the base match score.

What is the in game editor? When people mention that are they talking about editing the database before you start your game or is there something in your game to edit things ala arsenic for EWR?

In the options menu, on the sidebar to the left is a tab called "edit data" which takes you to a stripped down version of the full, pre-game editor.

Are squash matches possible in the women's division now?

I remember in '13 you could do it with a midcarder, etc. and an enhancement talent, as long as the match was under 6 minutes (it's 5 in '16, I believe) and have a Decisive Victory, but is something like this possible in the women's division?

I wouldn't mind replicating something similar to (most of) Nia Jax's current NXT matches, as well as Beth Phoenix during her SmackDown! push where she'd have a match with a local wrestler every week.

I'm guessing I can't have two broadcasters in the same region? I'm able to negotiate free-to-air broadcaster in Mexico where I already have a contract with a commercial broadcaster.

If I sign another, will I be able to extend both deals, or will I even be able to show the event on two broadcasters in the same region, it seems logical I can't.

Patch 1.09: Was the Length of Match Penalty removed, I suddenly see 90+ in 14 minute matches....

I don't think so. Keep in mind that the limit is only for the 'performance' part of the rating, not the pop part. It was always possible to get A matches in WWE-style companies.

Adam seemed to mention somewhere that incidents are isolated in TEW16, yet the "take no action" option seems to suggest they aren't (based on the game text). Who knows?

In the options menu, on the sidebar to the left is a tab called "edit data" which takes you to a stripped down version of the full, pre-game editor.

Options page > Edit Data (on the left hand side).

Thanks, big help! I made a couple created players and their wage is far too high for my promotion especially compared to the rest of the guys on my roster.

Do workers face/heel and gimmick categories change over time? If so, is there anyway to improve them.

As in, do they get better or worse in a gimmick style like Cool, or Crazy, or Brute?

If that's your question, if they do I think it is only marginally. They can get better at specific gimmicks as they portray it longer, but I don't think in all the years I've played that anyone has ever gotten noticeably different in their ability to perform different gimmicks -- and I think that's pretty true to life. Take a guy in real life like... Kane. I like(d) Kane, but he could really only successfully play gimmicks from a couple of categories. Same is even true with a Stone Cold, etc. I doubt Stone Cold would successfully be able to play a 'Weird' gimmick, or The Rock a 'Wholesome' one (when he tried, he got eaten alive, it was only when he switched to a 'Cool' gimmick that he took off).

• Sad 1

As in, do they get better or worse in a gimmick style like Cool, or Crazy, or Brute?

If that's your question, if they do I think it is only marginally. They can get better at specific gimmicks as they portray it longer, but I don't think in all the years I've played that anyone has ever gotten noticeably different in their ability to perform different gimmicks -- and I think that's pretty true to life. Take a guy in real life like... Kane. I like(d) Kane, but he could really only successfully play gimmicks from a couple of categories. Same is even true with a Stone Cold, etc. I doubt Stone Cold would successfully be able to play a 'Weird' gimmick, or The Rock a 'Wholesome' one (when he tried, he got eaten alive, it was only when he switched to a 'Cool' gimmick that he took off).

Yeah, that's what I thought. What about at portraying faces and heels? I have a guy who is mediocre at both face and heel. Will he improve, or is that stuck as well?

Yeah, that's what I thought. What about at portraying faces and heels? I have a guy who is mediocre at both face and heel. Will he improve, or is that stuck as well?

That tends to be pretty set too it seems. To resemble that a lot of workers are just kind of average and don't stand out as face or heel. I've always looked at it as the higher a guy's score is in a particular skill (babyface or heel) the more they stand out as exceptional. Dusty Rhodes was a sensational babyface, so his babyface rating would be really high. Whereas Ron Simmons, who was always a good worker and had good skills, wasn't particularly standout as either babyface or heel (though he had more success as a heel, I wouldn't say he has a high rating in either).