Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="redwalrus" data-cite="redwalrus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I turned a worker from face to heel. I like the worker as a face. How soon can I turn the worker back to a face without penalty?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> On the roster screen, if you click on a worker's alignment the pop-up to turn them will tell you if it's a good idea to turn them (or if its too soon). </p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://s81.photobucket.com/user/brat99/media/Cornellverse/Alternate%20Pics/Random/Disposition.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j235/brat99/Cornellverse/Alternate%20Pics/Random/Disposition.jpg</span></a></p>

<p>Previously I had heard that your product definition "re-aligns" every six months so you can drastically alter your product by degrees without alienating your core audience.</p><p> </p><p>

It's been a year since I last messed with the product definition and I still can't up the TV match/angle ratio from 60-70% without alienating my audience. This is after upping the dial on realism and moving my company from Pop>>Per to Pop>Per back in May. (It is presently April of the next year).</p><p> </p><p>

What precisely is going wrong here? Do I have any hope of eventually making the product Pop=Per without alienating my audience?</p><p> </p><p>

Edit: Um, nevermind. I apparently just succeeded by upping my 'realism' from low to medium and nothing else. Still can't move the ratio dial though. I'll try again in October.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="brat99" data-cite="brat99" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>On the roster screen, if you click on a worker's alignment the pop-up to turn them will tell you if it's a good idea to turn them (or if its too soon). <p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Adding to this: </p><p> </p><p> This is based on how many appearances they've made, not an amount of time.</p>

<p>In

</p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/FSibIrjAuTw?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="Rusty Brooks vs. H.Hogan_Championship_11-85"></iframe></div></div>, Hulk Hogan dispatches portly jobber Rusty Brooks and is immediately sneak attacked by Randy Savage. Macho lands some kicks and punches, even a double axe handle before The Hulkster blocks a blow and fights back, three big shots, clearing the Slim Jim-hawking heel from the ring.<p> </p><p>

Savage ends up out of the ring, Hogan in the ring standing strong -- is this a Minor Success for Hogan and a Minor Defeat for Savage? Or since Savage got in several uncontested shots before he was chased away, would you deem this a Neutral result for all involved?</p>

<p>It really depends on one's personal perception of success.</p><p>

There is an argument to be had that it ended Neutral for Savage and was a minor positive for Hogan. That argument being if you're on TV and not being humiliated you're better off for it, which offsets the fact that Savage ended the encounter on the losing end.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Alucidus" data-cite="Alucidus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It really depends on one's personal perception of success.<p> There is an argument to be had that it ended Neutral for Savage and was a minor positive for Hogan. That argument being if you're on TV and not being humiliated you're better off for it, which offsets the fact that Savage ended the encounter on the losing end.</p></div></blockquote>I've never looked at it that way before. I've always tried to "balance the scales" so to speak, no success without some corresponding defeat. But you make an excellent point: Savage isn't humiliated exactly, it's just a failed attack. You could argue he's not in a worse position than he was before.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Alucidus" data-cite="Alucidus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It really depends on one's personal perception of success.<p> There is an argument to be had that it ended Neutral for Savage and was a minor positive for Hogan. That argument being if you're on TV and not being humiliated you're better off for it, which offsets the fact that Savage ended the encounter on the losing end.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I concur with this. I don't try to "balance" the momentum swings because it's not really balanced like that in real life.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Alucidus" data-cite="Alucidus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Previously I had heard that your product definition "re-aligns" every six months so you can drastically alter your product by degrees without alienating your core audience.<p> </p><p> It's been a year since I last messed with the product definition and I still can't up the TV match/angle ratio from 60-70% without alienating my audience. This is after upping the dial on realism and moving my company from Pop>>Per to Pop>Per back in May. (It is presently April of the next year).</p><p> </p><p> What precisely is going wrong here? Do I have any hope of eventually making the product Pop=Per without alienating my audience?</p><p> </p><p> Edit: Um, nevermind. I apparently just succeeded by upping my 'realism' from low to medium and nothing else. Still can't move the ratio dial though. I'll try again in October.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can turn off match ratio in settings.</p>

Can someone with a better understanding of this game answer or at least theorize for me

Why in this scenario, the WWF would be getting a 14.3 average rating, while WCW would be averaging a 12.2

WWF USA Coverage - Big

WWF Canada Coverage - Medium

WCW USA Coverage - Very Big

WCW Canada Coverage - Big

WCW popularity 87

WWF - 80

WCW Momentum A

WWF Momentum B-

WWF Show Quality Average B+

WCW Show Quality Average B-

Two million more viewers for WWF? Help!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="D16NJD16" data-cite="D16NJD16" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can someone with a better understanding of this game answer or at least theorize for me<p> </p><p> Why in this scenario, the WWF would be getting a 14.3 average rating, while WCW would be averaging a 12.2</p><p> </p><p> WWF USA Coverage - Big</p><p> WWF Canada Coverage - Medium</p><p> WCW USA Coverage - Very Big</p><p> </p><p> WCW Canada Coverage - Big</p><p> </p><p> WCW popularity 87</p><p> WWF - 80</p><p> </p><p> WCW Momentum A</p><p> </p><p> WWF Momentum B-</p><p> </p><p> WWF Show Quality Average B+</p><p> WCW Show Quality Average B- </p><p> </p><p> Two million more viewers for WWF? Help!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What's the US overness of the top few guys in each fed?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What's the US overness of the top few guys in each fed?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As it was in 1997</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> WWF has </p><p> </p><p> 2 Icons</p><p> </p><p> 3 Huge Stars</p><p> </p><p> 5 Stars</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> WCW has </p><p> </p><p> 2 Icons</p><p> </p><p> 4 huge stars </p><p> </p><p> 7 Stars</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Adding to this: <p> </p><p> This is based on how many appearances they've made, not an amount of time.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the info. I know how to check to see if it is too soon but I'm trying to plan some story lines out for the next 6 months. I want the worker back as a face as soon as possible. I was hoping 6 months would be okay instead of waiting a year or 2.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="stiffkick80" data-cite="stiffkick80" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are there discussion threads for specific mods? I just started playing around with Montreal Aftermath and want to get other people's take on it.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534035" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534035</a></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="D16NJD16" data-cite="D16NJD16" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As it was in 1997<p> </p><p> </p><p> WWF has </p><p> </p><p> 2 Icons</p><p> </p><p> 3 Huge Stars</p><p> </p><p> 5 Stars</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> WCW has </p><p> </p><p> 2 Icons</p><p> </p><p> 4 huge stars </p><p> </p><p> 7 Stars</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Take a look at the in game help section. It's all in there.</p><p> </p><p> Topic 39 of 46: Buy Rates and Viewers</p><p> Things that effect viewer levels: Popularity in each region where the show is reached on that network. whether the product is trending or not, final show rating, and the show's time slot.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Take a look at the in game help section. It's all in there.<p> </p><p> Topic 39 of 46: Buy Rates and Viewers</p><p> Things that effect viewer levels: Popularity in each region where the show is reached on that network. whether the product is trending or not, final show rating, and the show's time slot.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Im aware of this info, and it does not explain what is happening. The More Popular, More Trending show is getting lower ratings than the other show in the same timeslot. Yes, the less popular promotions shows are slightly better 'rated'...but that equals a 2 million viewer increase over a more popular promotion? That can't be.</p>

Playing TCW. How do I stop USPW from stealing all my people in bidding wars? They just stole Eddie Peak, and have their eyes on Scout.

Kyle keeps refusing to allow me to offer salaries that are within $3k of USPW's offers, and blocks Wage Matching. Not sure how to use my other tools. CC is fine for Scout, but won't be safe for everone. I don't dare offer pushes to eveyone. What else can I try?

Also, USPW hasn't put together a show better than 70 this game. Why have they not started dropping out of National?

An issue in modern databases

Has anyone noticed the current day mods have a large lack of European/Australian wrestlers. Granted that there aren't exactly a large amount of these guys in the first place, its just a bit strange seeing a rapid decline from a 2013/2014 database.

Im aware of this info, and it does not explain what is happening. The More Popular, More Trending show is getting lower ratings than the other show in the same timeslot. Yes, the less popular promotions shows are slightly better 'rated'...but that equals a 2 million viewer increase over a more popular promotion? That can't be.

TV viewers is a grand total of everyone in the world. What's coverage like elsewhere?

<p>Is there any actual benefit to using story lines in 16? I prefer to organize things myself and now story success is "Illustrative".</p><p> </p><p>

Can i just play with strict storylines off, not use them and still get the right pop gains?</p><p> </p><p>

(and also, if so, should i still be using successes/defeats in angles? or are those only for storylines themselves)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="michael20001" data-cite="michael20001" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there any actual benefit to using story lines in 16? I prefer to organize things myself and now story success is "Illustrative".<p> </p><p> Can i just play with strict storylines off, not use them and still get the right pop gains?</p><p> </p><p> (and also, if so, should i still be using successes/defeats in angles? or are those only for storylines themselves)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If the storyline has high heat, a match related to it can get a + bonus. The overall storyline "success" is purely informational, but success/defeat in angles does affect the workers momentum. I'm not sure to what degree, but having the loser of a big match beat up the winner afterward definitely helps stave off a momentum drop if you're looking to set up a rematch.</p>

<p>What causes a giant spike in "Misc" expenditures?</p><p> </p><p>

My company has been at regional for a while now (maybe 1.5 years game time) and we definitely didn't just jump up a level, but what was a consistent 2,996 Misc expenditure jumped to about 130,000 for two months straight and then down to about 55,000 for another month. What could I have done to cause this?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LloydCross" data-cite="LloydCross" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If the storyline has high heat, a match related to it can get a + bonus. The overall storyline "success" is purely informational, but success/defeat in angles does affect the workers momentum. I'm not sure to what degree, but having the loser of a big match beat up the winner afterward definitely helps stave off a momentum drop if you're looking to set up a rematch.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ah thank you. It's mostly because i do my planning on paper, and having to set up storylines in game too just felt like an extra thing to do. But if it does have an effect i'll keep on using them.</p>