Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kingjames" data-cite="kingjames" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I dunno if it's the <em>best</em> way, but if I have a manager who can talk or who has high sex appeal, I use them in angles.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've been using them in angles and haven't seen any increases. I've tired using them rated on entertainment, microphone, sex appeal, overness and it's always with at least one person who is more over then them and it isn't working. Neither is just having them on the show.</p>

<p>I have always hired workers based on basics and psychology etc and never ever considered the other stats above those, the ones like Mat Wrestling, Chain Wrestling, Brawling skills because I always thought they were some kind of averages based on Basics etc.</p><p> </p><p>

So I have 2 questions regarding that:</p><p>

1- Do these stats (Brawling, Mat Wrestling etc above Basics) really matter when choosing wrestlers?</p><p> </p><p>

2- If yes, if a wrestler has high stats in the above but low basics, psychology etc, will he be considered a good wrestler (ignore product requirements)?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vbase" data-cite="vbase" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> 1- Do these stats (Brawling, Mat Wrestling etc above Basics) really matter when choosing wrestlers?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes depending on what types of matches you use. For example I use a lot of "High Spots" matches. If I accidentally use a worker with low flashiness and arial their perfomance will suffer and they usually say something after the match along the lines of "I am not suited to high spot matches".</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vbase" data-cite="vbase" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have always hired workers based on basics and psychology etc and never ever considered the other stats above those, the ones like Mat Wrestling, Chain Wrestling, Brawling skills because I always thought they were some kind of averages based on Basics etc.<p> </p><p> So I have 2 questions regarding that:</p><p> 1- Do these stats (Brawling, Mat Wrestling etc above Basics) really matter when choosing wrestlers?</p><p> </p><p> 2- If yes, if a wrestler has high stats in the above but low basics, psychology etc, will he be considered a good wrestler (ignore product requirements)?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Top Row stats are directly related to the match aim type and the promotions product. The level that the corresponding product is in your promotion the more important that top row skill is. Example:</p><p> </p><p> Hardcore Matches in a Hardcore Key Feature promotion will require a higher Hardcore Top Row skill.</p><p> Pure = Mat & Chain Wrestling</p><p> Modern = Flashiness and Athleticism</p><p> Hyper Realism = Submissions (and maybe Chain and Mat Wrestling)</p><p> Realism = Brawling and/or Puro (that might be wrong though not 100% sure)</p><p> Daredevil = Aerial (and maybe flashiness) and Athleticism</p><p> Lucha Libre = Aerial and Flashiness</p><p> Risque, Cult, Mainstream, and Comedy do not require any top row skills, but factor Charisma and Star Quality into match performance grades.</p><p> </p><p> All product settings require Basics and Psychology</p><p> </p><p> That's how you decide how good a worker is for your promotion. You can roughly get an idea based on which products you have.</p><p> </p><p> Also contradictory products in the same promotion will give you more skills to look at to judge whether a worker is "good" or not.</p><p> </p><p> As far as Match Aims:</p><p> </p><p> Wild Brawl = Brawling stat</p><p> Technical Masterclass = Chain & Mat Wrestling Stat</p><p> Steal The Show = Flashiness</p><p> The other ones like Epic, Once In A Lifetime tell you what is required in the text.</p><p> </p><p> Then the Match Style itself plays a part:</p><p> i.e. brawl based, high spot based, etc. Those are pretty self explanatory for which top row stats play apart.</p><p> </p><p> Hope that helps.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> As far as Match Aims:</p><p> </p><p> Wild Brawl = Brawling stat</p><p> Technical Masterclass = Chain & Mat Wrestling Stat</p><p> Steal The Show = Flashiness</p><p> The other ones like Epic, Once In A Lifetime tell you what is required in the text.</p><p> </p><p> Then the Match Style itself plays a part:</p><p> i.e. brawl based, high spot based, etc. Those are pretty self explanatory for which top row stats play apart.</p><p> </p><p> Hope that helps.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Has any testing been done as far as combining Match Style and Aims? For instance if I have a Brawl Based match turn into a Wild Brawl does that count the Brawl skill twice as much, the same, or somewhere in between?</p>

How "easy" is it to convert DB's and Picture Pac's from TEW'13 to TEW'16?

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm thinking that DB's are fairly straight forward, but the converting pic pac's would require some merging of Carriers and Networks into Broadcasters? Other than that, are there specific stuff that needs to be taken into consideration?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="YoungNoble" data-cite="YoungNoble" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I believe that only simmering tension fades over time, but am not 100%</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I never saw a hatred disappear,but I once had the DeColt(I think it was) family feud fade.I guess it's be the same thing</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="wearsupereggs12" data-cite="wearsupereggs12" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>is attendance level depends on popularity or importance?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Attendance is explained in the players handbook in your office (topic 40). Attendance depends on many factors but primarily it is your popularity.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Koholos" data-cite="Koholos" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Has any testing been done as far as combining Match Style and Aims? For instance if I have a Brawl Based match turn into a Wild Brawl does that count the Brawl skill twice as much, the same, or somewhere in between?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I haven't tested that, but I know I do it often for realism purposes. Like if I put some people in a brawl based match I'll book the match to be a wild brawl.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="wearsupereggs12" data-cite="wearsupereggs12" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>is attendance level depends on popularity or importance?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> it's mainly popularity + the level of the wrestling industry/economy in the region where the show is being held.</p>

Wrestlers who have PPV contracts with more than one company.

How do they determine what company's shows/events to attend on a day when both (or more) companies have shows/events? Is it based on which company has more prestige or which company is more popular or has it to do something with contracts?

Wrestlers who have PPV contracts with more than one company.

How do they determine what company's shows/events to attend on a day when both (or more) companies have shows/events? Is it based on which company has more prestige or which company is more popular or has it to do something with contracts?

It goes by importance in the company rankings page.

I have changed a lot of the product for WWE and the intensity recommendation was 60%.

Every match now suffers because the intensity is too much for the fans. How much time will it take for the fans to get used to it or in simpler words, how much time for it to go away.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vbase" data-cite="vbase" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have changed a lot of the product for WWE and the intensity recommendation was 60%. <p> </p><p> Every match now suffers because the intensity is too much for the fans. How much time will it take for the fans to get used to it or in simpler words, how much time for it to go away.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you made major changes to the product, all in one go, then you're going to suffer a lot. I don't know how long or how bad are the penalties, since I usually do gradual changes, but I'm guessing several months. Maybe no less then 6. Again, not sure, but this is why it's not recommended to change so much in one go, because the fans, who are used to one product, will not be happy, as they are a fan base of the former stuff you had.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shawn michaels 82" data-cite="shawn michaels 82" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What type of Short term contracts don't lead to the 6 months cool down after leaving?Is it by time or number of appearances?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The answer you're looking for is in the Player's Handbook, under the part about Hiring Workers, I think. As far as I know, it has to do with contract length, so contracts up to 3 months (maybe a little more?) are considered tryouts and don't generate the 6 month cooldown. Not sure how it works when you base the contract on the number of appearances</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> My stupid little question, I'm playing a company that doesn't use faces/heels, which is very liberating when putting matches/teams together as well as when choosing gimmicks. Since I'm doing a dynasty, the portrayal of wrestlers feels like they are either faces or heels anyway, so for realism reasons I'm considering to introduce a face/heel dynamic. My question is how that affects the game mechanics and what the bonuses are to counter-balance the ease of booking/gimmicks that I'm giving up.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DarK_RaideR" data-cite="DarK_RaideR" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The answer you're looking for is in the Player's Handbook, under the part about Hiring Workers, I think. As far as I know, it has to do with contract length, so contracts up to 3 months (maybe a little more?) are considered tryouts and don't generate the 6 month cooldown. Not sure how it works when you base the contract on the number of appearances<p> </p><p> </p><p> My stupid little question, I'm playing a company that doesn't use faces/heels, which is very liberating when putting matches/teams together as well as when choosing gimmicks. Since I'm doing a dynasty, the portrayal of wrestlers feels like they are either faces or heels anyway, so for realism reasons I'm considering to introduce a face/heel dynamic. My question is how that affects the game mechanics and what the bonuses are to counter-balance the ease of booking/gimmicks that I'm giving up.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No Face/Heel dynamic doesn't mean every wrestler is completely neutral. That would be crazy boring. It just means it's not expected that it be heel vs face in every match/storyline. Lots of guys in places like ROH or NJPW are heels, but they would probably be companies that don't use the divide in TEW since the heels feud with each other all the time.</p><p> </p><p> As for game mechanics, you get to actually make use of the heel and babyface performance ratings for your wrestlers. If you play to strengths in these areas, it becomes much easier to get good gimmick ratings, which adds small bonuses to match ratings and makes it way more likely to pull off a good gimmick change to reset someone's negative momentum. Downside is the face/face and heel/heel match penalties, although those aren't particularly large penalties anyway.</p>