Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CharlieRock" data-cite="CharlieRock" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you build a Parental relationship with a smaller company, <em>and</em> own a TV station; can you broadcast that smaller companies' shows?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yep. Go into child companies, under the management tab. Then select the child company you want to broadcast. If they don't have a TV show already go into TV controls and create one. Then go into View own broadcaster and then you can create a new deal with between the company and your TV station.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="darth_cuscus" data-cite="darth_cuscus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yep. Go into child companies, under the management tab. Then select the child company you want to broadcast. If they don't have a TV show already go into TV controls and create one. Then go into View own broadcaster and then you can create a new deal with between the company and your TV station.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I haven't built a Parental relationship with another company yet, but I own a TV station (wheee!) and I wasn't going to bother if I couldn't 'absorb' another company and add their TV shows to my broadcaster.</p>

<p>Is there a way to look at the skills/stats of a character to know if their manager will make them fade into the background? [regarding the penalty for Chemistry (Fades due to manager) in road notes]. </p><p> </p><p>

Is it Star Quality? </p><p> </p><p>

I could just experiment with the tried him-now try him approach. But I had one worker that faded to a couple of managers and now I have to recruit a whole new one. It would be nice to now if they will incur this penalty before I sign the contract.</p>

Is there a way to look at the skills/stats of a character to know if their manager will make them fade into the background? [regarding the penalty for Chemistry (Fades due to manager) in road notes].

Is it Star Quality?

I could just experiment with the tried him-now try him approach. But I had one worker that faded to a couple of managers and now I have to recruit a whole new one. It would be nice to now if they will incur this penalty before I sign the contract.

It's randomly assigned.

So I set certain PPV's to be brand-specific in the editor, but after starting a new save, the AI books each PPV to be non-brand specific, with wrestlers from both shows on it. Can the AI "overwrite" what's been set in the editor beforehand?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eisen-verse" data-cite="Eisen-verse" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>DaVE Brass Knuckles Championship....<p> </p><p> What do you think that was? Brawling title?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd say definitely a more "brawl" style match. Perhaps maybe a 24/7 hardcore kind of title stipulation as well? It sounds gimmicky, maybe an open arena/backstage brawl/parking lot brawl kind of gimmick title?</p>

I'd say definitely a more "brawl" style match. Perhaps maybe a 24/7 hardcore kind of title stipulation as well? It sounds gimmicky, maybe an open arena/backstage brawl/parking lot brawl kind of gimmick title?

They used to have brass knuckle matches every so often. I think the NWA even had a Brass Knuckle belt.

Question: When you set your company product Lucha Libre and Daredevil levels down Low enough it will say that the Aerial skill is made less effective.

This means only the Aerial skill, right? It does not effect the Flashiness skill at all ??

I have some workers with decent flashiness that I would like them to keep while curtailing the need for Aerial (because on average those skills are lower in my current talent pool).

Just out of interest (I'm away from my computer) is there anyway to "merge" two different databases? I'd like to merge the C-Verse and T-Verse but keep everything the same, like companies, contracts, titles etc with minimal effort. Is this possible?

So I set certain PPV's to be brand-specific in the editor, but after starting a new save, the AI books each PPV to be non-brand specific, with wrestlers from both shows on it. Can the AI "overwrite" what's been set in the editor beforehand?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I set certain PPV's to be brand-specific in the editor, but after starting a new save, the AI books each PPV to be non-brand specific, with wrestlers from both shows on it. Can the AI "overwrite" what's been set in the editor beforehand?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I know the AI ignores things like Stables but IDK about Brand Splits.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CharlieRock" data-cite="CharlieRock" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Question: When you set your company product Lucha Libre and Daredevil levels down Low enough it will say that the Aerial skill is made less effective. <p> </p><p> This means <em>only</em> the Aerial skill, right? It does not effect the Flashiness skill at all ??</p><p> </p><p> I have some workers with decent flashiness that I would like them to keep while curtailing the need for Aerial (because on average those skills are lower in my current talent pool).</p></div></blockquote><p> Yes, same way other product settings make only the Hardcore or Puroresu skill less effective without affecting the rest of the Rumble skills</p>

<p>Sorry to bother all you guys again but I'm back with a similar problem as a few days ago. Also apologies as this might run a bit long. So I started playing the WCW lives mod. I was hoping to play as WWF/E and have WCW challenge me in a sort reboot of the Monday night wars. However the mod seems to not be designed that way. It's for people who want to play as WCW and save it.</p><p>

Now I know I could play the 97 screwjob mod but I prefer this time period and roster.</p><p> </p><p>

I've done a bit of editing to the data and WCW has improved a lot. I've given them great TV & PPV coverage, adjusted the product so that it's reflects what's popular, adjust the booking style of Eric Bishoff, I've made them the property of Turner again. </p><p>

However when I sim a year into the future and beyond. They are gaining popularity in ever area expect US and thus at gaining in size. I see that they are losing the national battle against WWF who by the way start at international size and gradually grow.</p><p> </p><p>

Another thing I've noticed is that WCW is letting all there big contracts expire. Usually during the first year Sting, Nash, DDP & Flair all leave and sign with WWF which really doesn't help them in the national battle. Also other than Hogan they sign nobody of importance and they never sign any WWF off casts.</p><p> </p><p>

So my question is, how can I guarantee that the AI will run WCW properly with the aim to grow and challenge WWF, specifically in the USA? What changes do I need to make in the data?</p>

<p>You can't force the AI into booking a specific way. It's as simple as that. They may let those stars go do to a number of factors... Not being able to afford them, them being past their prime, them having dropped in popularity. Also, are you sure they are just letting them expire, rather than losing bidding wars?</p><p> </p><p>

Anyways, the mod was designed for WCW players, and the mod is realistic as it is. You can't force the AI into renegotiating or booking certain ways.</p>

<p>WWE is succeeding do to winning national battles, cause they have bigger stars. That makes them more popular, meaning WCW's stars would rather go to WWE, than stay. If you want them to be equal, my best advice would be to up some WCW wrestlers popularity, or set some popular WWE stars as injured or away. Or raise WCW's overall pop and prestige. </p><p> </p><p>

In my WCW save, I'm still at Cult, but I'm listed as winning the national battles if I were an eligible participant. Although, that is do to WWE losing Stone Cold to an injury for 12 months, and Rock leaving for 9 months to film a movie.</p><p> </p><p>

WCW won't compete with WWE, do to them being so much bigger (2 sizes - Cult vs International).</p>

<p>I was booking a mixed tag match, it was more of a calm the crowd match for like 10 minutes before the main events. It really trying to help the women get over </p><p>

So I booked steamboat/Desiree vs jake Roberts/ivory. The match gets like a 80 rating and brings the crowd down. The thing is steamboats pop was like 83's before this match and it literally jumped to like 97 after it, and I'm like why. Why would that happen? That's a crazy jump isn't it?</p>