Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="scottk1983" data-cite="scottk1983" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I just signed Jay Chord away from USPW and my company momentum increased from 90 to 92. So my question is, does signing a really popular worker raise company momentum or was this a glitch?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Signing a big name will have a positive impact. Losing a big name will have the opposite effect. </p><p> </p><p> It might have been a bigger effect if your momentum wasn't already really high.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Signing a big name will have a positive impact. Losing a big name will have the opposite effect. <p> </p><p> It might have been a bigger effect if your momentum wasn't already really high.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Appreciate the info! I didn't think it was a glitch, but I had never seen anyone mention this happening so it caught me off guard.</p>

<p>Has anybody ever come up with a good way to emulate a Lumberjack match?</p><p> </p><p>

I'm thinking of simply renaming a cloned regular 1 vs 1 and filling the match with as many distraction and/or interference notes as I can fit (up to 8 spots after choosing a victor and match aim, I believe). This is mostly to give my roster more spots on the card without resorting to battle royals, 2v2v2v2 tags and such. Are there any drawbacks I'm not seeing?</p>

<p>Do relationships grant anything, like say Strong Friendship/Best Friends compete with one another better or possibly team better than two people who are just teaming and have no relationship, like a small boost like the tag experience boost or something?</p><p> </p><p>

Also on the other end of the spectrum, do simmering tension/dislike/hatred make for worse matches between people? Like for example, Hogan and Austin, or DDP and Scott Steiner or Matt Hardy and Edge after the Lita love affair thing ( though I guess that example could just end one relationship, and turn the relationship with Lita to hatred or strong dislike).. Sorry for only real world mod examples, I haven't played as much Cornellverse as I would like to.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DarK_RaideR" data-cite="DarK_RaideR" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A little question regarding coverage and repetitive booking penalties:<p> </p><p> - A company with a regular schedule and TV coverage all over Mexico holds its January and February show in Northern Mexico with the same main event. If they do the same match in March but hold the show in Southern Mexico, it still gets repetitive booking penalty, since fans there have seen it twice before on TV, right?</p><p> </p></div></blockquote>Yes, but only the fourth match within a six-month period gets the penalty and only if it gets a lower rating than the three matches before.<p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DarK_RaideR" data-cite="DarK_RaideR" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>- In the same scenario, if instead of TV coverage, the company streamed its shows via the Internet, wouldn't it be the same in terms of repetitive booking penalites? Theoretically, fans in Southern Mexico have seen the match twice again, just online instead of on TV</div></blockquote><p> I'm not sure about that, but I don't think it's the same. In the game, internet coverage has so little effect on popularity change (at least it had in TEW 2013) that it wouldn't make sense for it to count towards repetitive booking.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DarK_RaideR" data-cite="DarK_RaideR" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do the above change in the case of say, a Japanese promotion on a touring schedule? Events are probably the same, but I think the Player Handbook mentions that it's different when you have a deal to broadcast tour highlights. In that case, since fans have only watched the highlights and not the proper match, there would be no repetitive booking penalties, right? Again, how does broadcasting shows online change that? If a touring company streamed their shows and did the same match every week but in a different area of Japan, would they get repetitive booking penalties?<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> Per the handbook touring highlights work the same as regular broadcasting deals, so repetitive booking should work the same for touring companies.</p>

What Young lion means?? I have few workers whom are young lions, and others that they are younger or with less years pro that are not young lions..

In Japan, fans expect the veterans to be able to win over any of the younger wrestlers as the "Young Lions" have not payed their dues in the business. The fans refuse to believe that someone who is fresh from training or youngster who came from development can actually beat an already established star.

I think that workers a certain age (I'm pretty sure it's between 25 and 30) who also have a low reputation (under D+) are considered young lions.

Interesting. So in my case, I'm NYCW and I just made the jump to regional. I'm getting about 1,400 per show and all my shows so far have been run at Pennsylvania Park (2,000 capacity, $6,000 hire cost). So I'm guessing it would be beneficial then to create a 2,500 capacity venue in Tri-State area with a $4,500 hire cost, considering I probably won't run a show in another area for another couple years?

Considering your own venue will also be a hotbed which increases attendance, I'm guessing you'll outgrow a 2,500 venue within a year, assuming you'll be holding one show per month in the Tri-State area. Haven't played long enough to give you a good estimate of what to go for though.

Do relationships grant anything, like say Strong Friendship/Best Friends compete with one another better or possibly team better than two people who are just teaming and have no relationship, like a small boost like the tag experience boost or something?

Also on the other end of the spectrum, do simmering tension/dislike/hatred make for worse matches between people?

I know that if the Road Agent is a friend or enemy with one of the wrestlers involved, they'll script the match slightly in favor or against them. Not sure how it works if the relationship is between the workers, but I'd guess it doesn't really affect the match rating. To me it would make sense if an enmity would result in a slightly higher injury chance and on the other hand, a friendship would cause less bad blood in case of a botch. There might be a slight difference in pop gains/losses though, I would expect people to make friends look even better and enemies look worse. Just shots in the dark though, if anyone knows better fill us in please.

What Young lion means?? I have few workers whom are young lions, and others that they are younger or with less years pro that are not young lions..

What Terra Ryzin said above, though I think it's respect, not reputation that allows youngsters to outgrow the YL status. Also, Young Lion only matters if you're in Japan.

Workers who hate each other wont want to lose when you let them fight each other which makes it a pain in the ass to book them. The manipulator will also make other workers hate his hatred worker which makes it really....awful. My meddling just made it worse:confused: If there's a "let them fight for real" option then I am pretty sure it will become a bloodbath.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Terra Ryzin" data-cite="Terra Ryzin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do relationships grant anything, like say Strong Friendship/Best Friends compete with one another better or possibly team better than two people who are just teaming and have no relationship, like a small boost like the tag experience boost or something?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Positive relationships can improve the backstage environment (friends hanging out together). I believe they also act as a modifier when a worker is asked to lose a match - They'll be happier (if not <em>happy</em>) losing to a friend/family/whatever. They don't, to my knowledge, affect how well two workers will fair when facing/teaming with one another.</p><p> </p><p> Negative relationships will bring the backstage area down, and the more there are, the harder it is to keep things positive. A negative relationship can spread quickly if one half is the manipulative sort - Dusty Rhodes turned something like 30 members of my WCW locker room against Tom Zenk, who ended up quitting rather than continue working in a hostile environment. I've not seen any evidence that it would make workers have poorer matches (or, in the extreme, injure one another in-ring) but I can't say for absolute sure.</p><p> </p><p> *</p><p> </p><p> A question of my own: Lauren Easter in my current game has Flabby Small for her size, and I <em>suspect</em> that the Flabby part may be slowing her popularity gain. I really want her in my main event, so I'm curious if there's a way to encourage her to tone up. She can't change size, as her mix/max for them is small anyway.</p>

<p>Multiple A shows</p><p> </p><p>

Currently I work hard to get as many Main Eventers and Upper Midcard guys on my "A" television show, to avoid morale issues.</p><p> </p><p>

I thought about adding a SECOND A show so I can accomodate the guys who cant get on the first show each week....but then I was concerned that I'll be DOUBLING my headache is every top guy wants to be on ALL a-level shows.</p><p> </p><p>

Do I have this right, or is most top talent content with being on (at least) one show a week? </p><p> </p><p>

(I do not want to do a brand split or create a B show)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Defmall" data-cite="Defmall" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Currently I work hard to get as many Main Eventers and Upper Midcard guys on my "A" television show, to avoid morale issues.<p> </p><p> I thought about adding a SECOND A show so I can accomodate the guys who cant get on the first show each week....but then I was concerned that I'll be DOUBLING my headache is every top guy wants to be on ALL a-level shows.</p><p> </p><p> Do I have this right, or is most top talent content with being on (at least) one show a week? </p><p> </p><p> (I do not want to do a brand split or create a B show)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In my experience, Brand Split seems the only thing to do if you have two A shows and can't get everyone on one show.. That or make your existing A show 2 or 3 hours.. And yeah, you're right, every top guy does want to be on all A shows.</p><p> </p><p> Pre-Show Matches and Post-Show Matches are the only thing I can think of to add more time for your Main Eventers and Upper Midcarders. I do them almost all the time, including 10 to 20 man battle royals on ppvs.. sometimes multiple.</p>

<p>hmmm...if James is right, I can theorhetically "split" the roster over 2 "A" shows, but not as a formal "brand split". So I can do one TV show, and anyone who doesnt make the first show can be on the second. </p><p> </p><p>

That would indeed solve my problem if the Main Eventers arent clamoring to be on EVERY "A" show.'</p><p> </p><p>

Anyone else have experience with this sort of thing...?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Defmall" data-cite="Defmall" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>hmmm...if James is right, I can theorhetically "split" the roster over 2 "A" shows, but not as a formal "brand split". So I can do one TV show, and anyone who doesnt make the first show can be on the second. <p> </p><p> That would indeed solve my problem if the Main Eventers arent clamoring to be on EVERY "A" show.'</p><p> </p><p> Anyone else have experience with this sort of thing...?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Considering I never use all of my MEs on a show and never have them complain, I'd say no. Just split their usage up, no need to overthink it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Defmall" data-cite="Defmall" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>hmmm...if James is right, I can theorhetically "split" the roster over 2 "A" shows, but not as a formal "brand split". So I can do one TV show, and anyone who doesnt make the first show can be on the second. <p> </p><p> That would indeed solve my problem if the Main Eventers arent clamoring to be on EVERY "A" show.'</p><p> </p><p> Anyone else have experience with this sort of thing...?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In my experience, it's only certain main eventers that complain about it. I have six main eventers right now. 4 of them don't care it all if they are on the weekly shows, but two of them get mad every time they are left off, and they aren't the bad apples, either.</p><p> </p><p> I'm not sure if that sort of response is helpful, but that's what I've noticed.</p>

<p>Is there anyway make sure a wrestler released by my company doesn't go to another company? I'm in a three-way war with the WWF, WCW and my company. I'd love to be able to make sure that anyone released by me ends up in WCW instead of the WWF since my main goal for this save is to cripple the WWF. Is there anyway to do this? Will going to war with them do it or not?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

I really wish I know/there was a way to do this but I don't care how great WCW becomes. I just don't want Vince stealing my stars.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BigINMoldova" data-cite="BigINMoldova" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there anyway make sure a wrestler released by my company doesn't go to another company? I'm in a three-way war with the WWF, WCW and my company. I'd love to be able to make sure that anyone released by me ends up in WCW instead of the WWF since my main goal for this save is to cripple the WWF. Is there anyway to do this? Will going to war with them do it or not?<p> </p><p> </p><p> I really wish I know/there was a way to do this but I don't care how great WCW becomes. I just don't want Vince stealing my stars.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The only ways to do it are cheating(adding hatred between them and Vince) or burying them to the point where WWF won't want them but WCW might(I assume Vince is set to be more conservative with money than Bischoff)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="soluuloi" data-cite="soluuloi" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What does a stable do? And how do I exploit it for my benefits?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nothing really. It's only there for organisational purposes.</p>