Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

What stip do people go in for to blow off a feud if they don't quite want to bring out the steel cell?

And while I'm here, what relevance does the prestige of a stipulation have?

If I blow off a feud with a low prestige match like a strap match, does that ding my rating?

Prestige is mostly for sorting purposes if I’m not mistaken, I know for certain there is no penalty for ending feuds in low prestige matches (this would screw over any type of pure wrestling product if so)

Personally, I love last man standing matches as a closer to a brutal feud, or 2/3 falls if the feud isn’t quite bloody but more on the competitive side.

re-posting for visibility

============

Maybe someone can help me, it's (I think) a pretty basic question.

I want to do a Real World + Cornellverse + Thunderverse save. I know this would normally make the database really, really big, but I'm just hoping to import the workers only.

I know I can do the import feature and be good to go. If I was playing a Real World save from say 2006, are the Cornellverse/Thunderverse imports date of births static? If they don't make their debut until 2010, when I import them in 2006 it should hold them until that date, correct?

I feel like I know the answer on them being static, but I just wanted to make sure. Also useful for a historical Real Life mod and being able to import say TheWho's January 2018 database workers, and Kevin Steen not debuting in 1986 but the debut date 'coded' into the database I'm importing from.

Thank you in advance.

re-posting for visibility

============

Maybe someone can help me, it's (I think) a pretty basic question.

I want to do a Real World + Cornellverse + Thunderverse save. I know this would normally make the database really, really big, but I'm just hoping to import the workers only.

I know I can do the import feature and be good to go. If I was playing a Real World save from say 2006, are the Cornellverse/Thunderverse imports date of births static? If they don't make their debut until 2010, when I import them in 2006 it should hold them until that date, correct?

I feel like I know the answer on them being static, but I just wanted to make sure. Also useful for a historical Real Life mod and being able to import say TheWho's January 2018 database workers, and Kevin Steen not debuting in 1986 but the debut date 'coded' into the database I'm importing from.

Thank you in advance.

The workers data is coded and saved (unless you edit the numbers yourself and save them) so yes, if a wrestler is born in 1985 and debuts in 2010 in a mod, if you import them to another mod, he will still be born in 1985 and debut in 2010. Hope that helps. Also, if the importing causes any clashes you will be told about it when creating a new game and will be able to edit and solve any problems.

I've just debuted Kimberly Page in my WCW game, and set her to manage DDP (of course).

If Page is at ringside for one of his clients' matches, is Kimberly counted as present as well? Or does Dallas have to be actively involved in a segment for Kimberly to be 'activated'?

I'm asking for three reasons:

1. Does her managing Page managing his client count towards the male:female ratio my product requires?

2. Does she get paid if on a PPA deal?

3. Do her skills contribute to the match rating? (She's not noted in the dirt sheet etc.)

The workers data is coded and saved (unless you edit the numbers yourself and save them) so yes, if a wrestler is born in 1985 and debuts in 2010 in a mod, if you import them to another mod, he will still be born in 1985 and debut in 2010. Hope that helps. Also, if the importing causes any clashes you will be told about it when creating a new game and will be able to edit and solve any problems.

Beautiful! Thank you!

I believe that talent trades aren't limited if you are doing them between two user-controlled companies. So if you want workers in both promotions for a few shows, you could do that. Otherwise, the Alliance Loan feature is your best bet.

Thanks! Follow up question: If I had a worker that I was trading back and forth between companies, would I be able to have them in a storyline on both feds? Or will the storyline be deleted when the worker's talent trade expires?

Also, unrelated, but what's a good way to improve a worker's selling ability?

Thanks! Follow up question: If I had a worker that I was trading back and forth between companies, would I be able to have them in a storyline on both feds? Or will the storyline be deleted when the worker's talent trade expires?

As long as there are two opposing people in the storyline, it'll keep going if someone leaves. When you get them back just add them back in. Their storyline success will be reset, but that's it. So just add someone else in there before the guy leaves then switch them out before he comes back. For example: have a Mean Gene type guy added who'll interview the company talent while the traded worker is gone to keep advancing the storyline.

Also, unrelated, but what's a good way to improve a worker's selling ability?

I think you can only do that by putting the worker in matches with good sellers, although I might be wrong.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Poputt" data-cite="Poputt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As long as there are two opposing people in the storyline, it'll keep going if someone leaves. When you get them back just add them back in. Their storyline success will be reset, but that's it. So just add someone else in there before the guy leaves then switch them out before he comes back. For example: have a Mean Gene type guy added who'll interview the company talent while the traded worker is gone to keep advancing the storyline.<p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> I think you can only do that by putting the worker in matches with good sellers, although I might be wrong.</p></div></blockquote><p> That's perfect, I'll do that, thanks! I usually like having a good, charismatic interviewer character so that'll do nicely.</p><p> </p><p> Okay, hmm. Because I've been having some of my more opinionated veterans are complaining about newer workers not knowing how to sell, I dunno if I need to maybe book them to lose?</p>

Well probably this answered somewhere in the forum but I couldn't find it. But when I stick for example in Local size. The popularity will still go up and can avoid a competition with another small-sized company? And if so, when the popularity raises does the sponsorship income goes higher or it has a limit given you are Local?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sergeant_Doum" data-cite="Sergeant_Doum" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When I click the application to start the game, it doesn't start after asking if I want to run as an administrator. I tried reinstalling but as soon as I go from the trail version(Which works fine) to retail, the game doesn't open. Please help.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The Technical Support forum is further down the board, please see the FAQ contained there.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Prestige is mostly for sorting purposes if I’m not mistaken, I know for certain there is no penalty for ending feuds in low prestige matches (this would screw over any type of pure wrestling product if so)<p> </p><p> Personally, I love last man standing matches as a closer to a brutal feud, or 2/3 falls if the feud isn’t quite bloody but more on the competitive side.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks, I think I'll use that more. I Quit, Texas Death and Last Man Standing all fit the bill I guess. I did a 2/3 falls match and it was 2-0 to the winner (and I did an Iron Man match that was 3-0), that seemed a bit silly to me. I can't see where I can specify the number of falls, do I have to choose keep strong to get the loser a fall?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The Technical Support forum is further down the board, please see the FAQ contained there.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I looked at the FAQ but I don't see my problem. I don't get any sort of error message or anything. It just doesn't open. Like it's weird.</p><p> </p><p> Nevermind I found it. But it's not working</p>

How do you end a "war" with another company?

The same way you start it, in the relationship screen you send a request to that company for the relationship to end, just like you would for it to start. If they accept or not is out of your control, though, so you might have to stick with the war for a while before they agree to end it.

I looked at the FAQ but I don't see my problem. I don't get any sort of error message or anything. It just doesn't open. Like it's weird.

Nevermind I found it. But it's not working

As it mentioned at the end of the entry, "If that does not work you would need to contact Scott, as per the Elicense FAQ." That's "Scott at greydogsoftware dot com" if you're unable to find the FAQ. You need to send him your license and e-mail address and tell him what the issue is, as your license is being blocked.

How do you end a "war" with another company?

The same way you star it, in the relationship screen you send a request to that company for the relationship to end, just like you would for it to start. If they accept or not is out of your control, though, so you might have to stick with the war for a while before they agree to end it.

Or you can pull a Vinnie Mac and straight away buy them out :D

The same way you star it, in the relationship screen you send a request to that company for the relationship to end, just like you would for it to start. If they accept or not is out of your control, though, so you might have to stick with the war for a while before they agree to end it.

Thanks. Yeah, the war will never end without some editing help. The Global Wrestling Alliance needs to form to survive the early 90's dark ages.

<p>Shocked</p><p> </p><p>

So I dropped from National to Cult size. Is there any way to turn off the cooling down period or push my fed back up to National without waiting the 5 months. I had sent a bunch of my workers on a paid vacation for 2 weeks and started getting messages about my roster being too small.</p>

Guest skinsfan55
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shadowmaster" data-cite="shadowmaster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I dropped from National to Cult size. Is there any way to turn off the cooling down period or push my fed back up to National without waiting the 5 months. I had sent a bunch of my workers on a paid vacation for 2 weeks and started getting messages about my roster being too small.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's just the game working as intended.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shadowmaster" data-cite="shadowmaster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I dropped from National to Cult size. Is there any way to turn off the cooling down period or push my fed back up to National without waiting the 5 months. I had sent a bunch of my workers on a paid vacation for 2 weeks and started getting messages about my roster being too small.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can't turn off the cooldown, but you can turn off the Minimum Roster Size in Options.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can't turn off the cooldown, but you can turn off the Minimum Roster Size in Options.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks - that will help. I always give my workers 2 sets of 2 week vacations a year, so this will help a lot. Unfortunately, with being Cult, it makes stealing some of those workers away from the WWF a little harder</p>