Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheGhost" data-cite="TheGhost" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You need to pay attention as well to the trends in your companies country. America is a very big Mainstream trend, and companies that are more performance based like a NJPW or ROH tend to not get over very well because the current trend is goofy WWE style wrestling. That will hurt your grade sometimes too.<p> </p><p> And like the other guys said, even tho you are more performance based you still need some kind of star power based on what I said above.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks guys! When you explain it, it makes so much more sense. </p><p> I've had my first C+ show, feedback was "great", following all your tips and everything I've been able to read in this thread.</p><p> </p><p> I did take 3 days to write the show though, thinking everything through, angles-matches ratio and order, etc. Quite intensive.</p><p> </p><p> Now I'm trying to equal it with my next show and am finding myself in a creative slump, but I'm starting to write stuff again. (I'm slow starting up, it'll probably be another day before I finish planning/writing the next show)</p><p> </p><p> My next question is on strategies where to hold the shows. Is there one?</p><p> Do you guys frequent/focus regions where your pop is between F and D, with the occasional visit to a high pop region, or do you book your shows randomly? </p><p> </p><p> I'm planning a Japan supershow in April (I'm now in August, so I have some time to build up pop), should I visit Japan regularly to build up pop?</p><p> (with AEW I have some workers that are quite popular in Japan, like Omega, the Bucks, Cody, I signed Guerrillas of Destiny and RPG Vice which are also quite popular over there)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mr. Bungle" data-cite="Mr. Bungle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks guys! When you explain it, it makes so much more sense. <p> I've had my first C+ show, feedback was "great", following all your tips and everything I've been able to read in this thread.</p><p> </p><p> I did take 3 days to write the show though, thinking everything through, angles-matches ratio and order, etc. Quite intensive.</p><p> </p><p> Now I'm trying to equal it with my next show and am finding myself in a creative slump, but I'm starting to write stuff again. (I'm slow starting up, it'll probably be another day before I finish planning/writing the next show)</p><p> </p><p> My next question is on strategies where to hold the shows. Is there one?</p><p> Do you guys frequent/focus regions where your pop is between F and D, with the occasional visit to a high pop region, or do you book your shows randomly? </p><p> </p><p> I'm planning a Japan supershow in April (I'm now in August, so I have some time to build up pop), should I visit Japan regularly to build up pop?</p><p> (with AEW I have some workers that are quite popular in Japan, like Omega, the Bucks, Cody, I signed Guerrillas of Destiny and RPG Vice which are also quite popular over there)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> TV Shows in those areas will increase your Pop too.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="aXminster" data-cite="aXminster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Two of my development companies just went to war. One is exclusively women wrestling and the other doesn't have women wrestling at all, so that seems kinda stupid. Is there any way for me to end it?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not without ending a relationship with one of your companies, adding a new player to be the owner of the new company, then as the owner of the company you can ask to end the relationship.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BiffJordan" data-cite="BiffJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not without ending a relationship with one of your companies, adding a new player to be the owner of the new company, then as the owner of the company you can ask to end the relationship.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you for the answer. I'll let them fight, then.</p>

<p>Is there a cap to ratings for a comedy / eye candy matches?</p><p> </p><p>

I'm running Babes of Sin City Wrestling and my eye candy matches seem to top out at 71, about 10 of them are my highest rated matches thus far. I have all of them run about 8-9 minutes. </p><p> </p><p>

It feels like too many to be a conconindence. </p><p> </p><p>

I wanted to try and make a comedy / eye candy promotion into one of the top companies in the game world but does TEW prohibit that?</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks in advance everyone.</p>

<p>I am working on a dynasty in which my promotion is cult sized. I know that to open a developmental territory, a company has to be cult sized or better. My question is if I open a development territory and my company falls to regional size, will I have to shut down my development territory? Or will it be allowed to stay open?</p><p> </p><p>

I have a bit of an excess of wrestlers and some of them could really benefit from some development territories.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sportsfanmas" data-cite="sportsfanmas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am working on a dynasty in which my promotion is cult sized. I know that to open a developmental territory, a company has to be cult sized or better. My question is if I open a development territory and my company falls to regional size, will I have to shut down my development territory? Or will it be allowed to stay open?<p> </p><p> I have a bit of an excess of wrestlers and some of them could really benefit from some development territories.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It stays open and stays yours but you can't sign anybody new to it.</p>

<p>Is there any reason a companies matches would be capped at 99? </p><p> </p><p>

My company has had six 99 rated matches in the last four or five months but I can never seem to get a 100.</p><p> </p><p>

I've tried using Epic and Spectacle match notes but that hasn't worked. I've tried running a cool down match before the match. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Could it be my road agent? I'm looking at my dirtsheet stuff and I have no negatives. It actually says my road agent gave the match a bonus but I still only got a 99,</p>

After starting a game, is there any way to switch from a booker to an owner without starting my own company? I'm two years into a save with massive momentum, but everything is going to come crashing down if I keep getting hamstrung by stupid Verne Gagne. I've Googled and checked the editor and I can't find any way to do this.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Road Warrior Puke" data-cite="Road Warrior Puke" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>After starting a game, is there any way to switch from a booker to an owner without starting my own company? I'm two years into a save with massive momentum, but everything is going to come crashing down if I keep getting hamstrung by stupid Verne Gagne. I've Googled and checked the editor and I can't find any way to do this.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Add another player to the game (preferably with a user character who isn't under contract anywhere to minimize impact on the game), set them as unemployed, and then leave the game as your previous character. Then, as the unemployed second player, add whatever character you want and set them as the owner of the company. This will delete all your storylines, and maybe a few other things, but it's the only way I know of to switch from booker to owner.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Road Warrior Puke" data-cite="Road Warrior Puke" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>After starting a game, is there any way to switch from a booker to an owner without starting my own company? I'm two years into a save with massive momentum, but everything is going to come crashing down if I keep getting hamstrung by stupid Verne Gagne. I've Googled and checked the editor and I can't find any way to do this.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You need to wait until your Owner retires / dies / resign...</p>

My World Champion has a creative control clause in his contract and he didn't want to do to job to anyone (not even being protected etc). I was really about to screw him but then I remembered you can change titles with angles. I tried it and he didn't complain, the title was changed with no problems. Is this supposed to happen? I feel like he should block it too.

My World Champion has a creative control clause in his contract and he didn't want to do to job to anyone (not even being protected etc). I was really about to screw him but then I remembered you can change titles with angles. I tried it and he didn't complain, the title was changed with no problems. Is this supposed to happen? I feel like he should block it too.

He doesn't care about the title, he cares about losing the match.

<p>When negotiating contacts I've never had match bonus (per event, tv show or show) be a deal breaker in my negotiations. </p><p> </p><p>

Like if I'm bidding for Sid Vicious and WWF is bidding for Sid and we are both equal size more or less, I've never had the bonus aspect of negotiations work in my favor. In fact the per match bonus has no affect on if they will sign for me or not. The only thing that seems to matter is the wage terms and perks like creative control, hiring veto wage matching, roster usage (icon, attraction etc), push, signing bonus (to a small degree) and which shows they will work.</p><p> </p><p>

So is it my user character is too low on negotiations that this is left ineffective for me or just a hole in the game?</p>

Bit of a quick one here. I've noticed in one of my saves despite having preset storylines and tag teams for feds like WWE and NXT, the game will disregard them and create rando teams, which then immediately win titles/crete new and random feuds. Anything I can do to curb this? Thanks again!

<p>Defending titles</p><p> </p><p>

Hi, I've started a recent save with AEW, and I've set up an alliance with NJPW & AAA.</p><p> </p><p>

I was looking to get some cross promotion belt defences, similar to when Young Bucks defended against Lucha Bros at AEW Double or Nothing, but I can't figure out if this is possible.</p><p> </p><p>

Anyone know if it is, and if so, how?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="gholliday87" data-cite="gholliday87" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi, I've started a recent save with AEW, and I've set up an alliance with NJPW & AAA.<p> </p><p> I was looking to get some cross promotion belt defences, similar to when Young Bucks defended against Lucha Bros at AEW Double or Nothing, but I can't figure out if this is possible.</p><p> </p><p> Anyone know if it is, and if so, how?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It is only possible with alliance belts that can be borrowed and added to your card. You cant currently book defences of one companies belt on another company even if allied so far as I am aware.</p><p> </p><p> You could borrow the workers and then use a narrative to reflect this in game but it wont count as a defence or title change. (Plenty of examples of wwf essentially doing this in the past)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dave E Mac" data-cite="Dave E Mac" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I thought I knew this but someone has said different so wanted to check on here. <p> </p><p> What is the difference between being on my next big thing list and hot prospect list?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Next big thing indicates people with potential for high overness, Hot Prospects are people with more potential in ring.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Next big thing indicates people with potential for high overness, Hot Prospects are people with more potential in ring.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think NBT covers in ring stuff too, like psychology etc. It generally refers to a great destiny roll, potential figurehead, future main event level talent m</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Save_Us.Necro" data-cite="Save_Us.Necro" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Bit of a quick one here. I've noticed in one of my saves despite having preset storylines and tag teams for feds like WWE and NXT, the game will disregard them and create rando teams, which then immediately win titles/crete new and random feuds. Anything I can do to curb this? Thanks again!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> For storylines, as far as I know there's nothing you can do. Preset storylines are really only there for human players, but the AI will never use them and instead create their own.</p><p> </p><p> For the tag team issue, I have no idea.</p>

One thing I've never been able to get round is the rating cap on the fourth match in a series. Doesn't what wrestlers I use or what stipulations I have for the match, the ratings always bottom out. I recently had Rock v Mankind, both over 90 pop meet in a steel cage but it got a C+ because it was the fourth match. Anyone got any tips on how to overcome this as I find it detrimental to my feuds.