Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

Is there any way to get rid of my current owner so that I automatically become it during the game? I'm trying to edit and sabotage him but if there's a way to just remove him and put me in that place that'd be a lot easier.

Add New Player on Options Screen. Select random avatar.

Leave game as Player 1.

Add New Player as Original Avatar. Select to be Owner of Company.

Leave game as Player 2.

Does how I, the booker, use a worker affect how soon he will hit time decline?

Say I have a 40 year old Bret Hart that isn't on time decline. If I only book him in ten matches per year will it prevent him from hitting time decline for any period of time? Does the number of matches a worker is in have any bearing on when they will hit time decline?

Does how I, the booker, use a worker affect how soon he will hit time decline?

Say I have a 40 year old Bret Hart that isn't on time decline. If I only book him in ten matches per year will it prevent him from hitting time decline for any period of time? Does the number of matches a worker is in have any bearing on when they will hit time decline?

You have no control. It will happen when it happens.

Yes, exactly. One thing you can do to spot a worker on the verge of time decline is to keep an eye on their sex appeal. Male or female, their look is one of the first things to start to fade and happens before time decline kicks in.... it's not a universal indicator but it's a very good guideline. :)

Hogan just caused so many rifts after one show... all against Ted Dibiase..

Dibiase now has a simmering tension with:

Nikita Koloff

Randy Savage

Harley Race

Jesse Ventura

Ax

Rick Martel (Hogan also told me he doesnt connect w/ the fans)

Jimmy Hart

Gordon Sollie

Pat Patterson

Kevin Sullivan

Miss Elizabeth

Bobo Brazil

Chief Jay Strongbow

Steve Williams

Smash

15 wrestlers... has anyone seen such a thing!?!

Nikita Koloff

Randy Savage

Harley Race

Jesse Ventura

Ax

Jimmy Hart

Gordon Sollie

Pat Patterson

Kevin Sullivan

Miss Elizabeth

Bobo Brazil

Chief Jay Strongbow

Steve Williams

Smash

I guess I suspended him for a month after a fight w/ Ted. Is that why he did this? Low morale and b/c he remembered that? What an advanced engine if that's the case.

I couldnt take him anymore. Held onto him for 1.5 years. Drug tested him for roids then fired him for it. I had hired 10 locker room leaders to boost my backstage morale to 92% and he tanks it to 72% in one day... smh.

Randy Savage and Dusty Rhodes will now be the faces of my company. I'll go all out for Ric Flair in a couple years and build around him as well. Hope Hogan doesnt sign with JCP and they start beating me. Hogan v Flair would be money in '88.

Workers with certain personality traits have the potential to do the "turn the locker room against a worker" thing. I forget exactly but manipulative is one of the main ones, along with a few other negative traits. That personality combined with having a negative relationship with a worker can trigger the event.... workers like Hulk Hogan in most mods and Attitude Era Shawn Michaels have are the kinds of people bad for that... but I had Tommy Cornell do that in my BHOTWG game too after he had injured Raymond Diaz in a match.... it caused a simmering tension, then Cornell decided to make that a whole lot worse. :p

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Properly Promoted" data-cite="Properly Promoted" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2385284&postcount=3338" rel="external nofollow">How was Fuyuko Higa the 2022 Wrestler of the Year in my game, but <strong><em>not</em></strong> the 2022 Women's Wrestler of the year?</a></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Because if you win the former you're no longer eligible for the latter.</p>

<p>Is there a breakdown somewhere of what workers are best with what match type? </p><p>

Some are obvious brawlers in brawl based matches and such but like an entertainer for example doesn't match a certain match type. </p><p> </p><p>

I know it's probably not going to be in TEW20 and I didn't think of it until after the suggestions thread was over but I'd like to see sub categories. For example Cactus Jack in my game is a Brawler but he has a high hardcore rating so it would be cool if he wouldn't complain that booking him in a hardcore match doesn't play to his strengths. So basically if he was primarily a brawler but with hardcore tendencies or something like that.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RatedRKO16" data-cite="RatedRKO16" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I guess I suspended him for a month after a fight w/ Ted. Is that why he did this? Low morale and b/c he remembered that? What an advanced engine if that's the case.<p> </p><p> I couldnt take him anymore. Held onto him for 1.5 years. Drug tested him for roids then fired him for it. I had hired 10 locker room leaders to boost my backstage morale to 92% and he tanks it to 72% in one day... smh.</p><p> </p><p> Randy Savage and Dusty Rhodes will now be the faces of my company. I'll go all out for Ric Flair in a couple years and build around him as well. Hope Hogan doesnt sign with JCP and they start beating me. Hogan v Flair would be money in '88.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Bischoff did the same thing in my game. Four weeks in a row he caused bigger riffs and bigger riffs. Had to fire him. Firing Hogan would be tough though in 88</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zero" data-cite="Zero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Bischoff did the same thing in my game. Four weeks in a row he caused bigger riffs and bigger riffs. Had to fire him. Firing Hogan would be tough though in 88</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah I had no choice. He said he was happy and improved his behavior so hopefully he'll come back after a stint in JCP or AWA.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Slash-LN" data-cite="Slash-LN" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a breakdown somewhere of what workers are best with what match type? <p> Some are obvious brawlers in brawl based matches and such but like an entertainer for example doesn't match a certain match type. </p><p> </p><p> I know it's probably not going to be in TEW20 and I didn't think of it until after the suggestions thread was over but I'd like to see sub categories. For example Cactus Jack in my game is a Brawler but he has a high hardcore rating so it would be cool if he wouldn't complain that booking him in a hardcore match doesn't play to his strengths. So basically if he was primarily a brawler but with hardcore tendencies or something like that.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I believe that if Brawling isn't their best skill is when they'll complain. For instance, if they're a good Brawler but a Great Technical Wrestler.</p>

Nikita Koloff

Randy Savage

Harley Race

Jesse Ventura

Ax

Jimmy Hart

Gordon Sollie

Pat Patterson

Kevin Sullivan

Miss Elizabeth

Bobo Brazil

Chief Jay Strongbow

Steve Williams

Smash

Unfortunately yes :o

BEHIMpd.png

ImiNCRD.png

Needless to say between this and putting over BLZ Bubb, he sat out his contract until I just released him.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When the low morale ends, yes</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Is there an amount of time the morale hits drop off or is it random?</p>

Is there an amount of time the morale hits drop off or is it random?

Look at how pre-set morale works in the pre-game editor for a much clearer way to see it.... each incident generates a level of morale hit that lasts X number of weeks, but it's a bit random on each depending on the incident and the worker personality involved. The editor shows it more clearly than a written explanation does. :)

Have played a few weeks of a new game as WLW. We have a TV deal for the LuchaWresu show and it's an 'A' show and each week my rating has been far above what my popularity is but I am not getting any post-show indication that we're gaining in popularity? I'm not sure if this is something wrong with my save or if I'm doing something wrong to not get the notice. In previous saves it's been any show over 5 points better than your pop gives you the "Increased popularity in [however many] areas" notification.

Any ideas?

Have played a few weeks of a new game as WLW. We have a TV deal for the LuchaWresu show and it's an 'A' show and each week my rating has been far above what my popularity is but I am not getting any post-show indication that we're gaining in popularity? I'm not sure if this is something wrong with my save or if I'm doing something wrong to not get the notice. In previous saves it's been any show over 5 points better than your pop gives you the "Increased popularity in [however many] areas" notification.

Any ideas?

TV size too small to give you any advantages / popularity gains?

What's the wrestling industry and economy like?

Ah, they are both quite low. Economy is 46 and falling and Wrestling Industry is 17 and falling. I've actually never encountered those elements affecting my company in previous playthroughs but I don't recall ever playing a game with the economy and industry so low. Does that account for it then?

The main reason I ask was because I didn't want to keep playing this save if I was incapable of gaining popularity but if it's just these effects and I can eventually weather the storm then that's okay.

You can turn off the industry/ economy effects in the options screen.

Cool. As it's just part of the game I'll keep plowing through and see how I go. Am mainly playing in the lead-up to TEW20 to try and get an idea of various Cornellverse areas (haven't played much C-Verse before) but wanted to make sure I hadn't encountered a bug that would render this save "unwinnable".

Thanks for the clarification on what the issue was.