Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

How do I fix bad relationships

I almost injured Kairi Hojo, who is my top star. She has a bad view on me and now won't open up contract negotiations. Is there anyway to change this?

Your user character has a bad relationship with her? You could try positively meddling the relationship between the two of you before shows to try to fix it. (Not quite sure you can actually do this with your user character.)

The easier thing to do would be to go into the editor and change the relationship to something positive so she can be willing to re-sign.

How do I fix bad relationships

I almost injured Kairi Hojo, who is my top star. She has a bad view on me and now won't open up contract negotiations. Is there anyway to change this?

You can't meddle with the user character. You can try to:

- Give her compliments or positive feedback after every event

- Wait a few years hope that the relationship gets resolved

- Try to get her friends to be friends with you and hope one of them successfully brokers peace!

Honestly the realistic thing is that you're a sloppy worker and she doesn't want to work for or with you. Push someone else and let her go...

Otherwise it sounds like you just want to go into the Editor and remove the relationship altogether.

Hi Guys,

I'm playing as WCW in 1995, I'm running into issues with my mediagroup.

I want a broadcasting deal in the UK, but everytime I want to negotiate with Sky1 (channel), Turner Broadcasting is blocking this as Sky1 is going to conflict with TNT UK which broadcasts in the same range.

But TNT UK is not interested in negotiating with me.

How do I fix this? (in my current game)

Is there a way to circumvent the mediagroup's wishes and get a broadcasting deal done?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mr. Bungle" data-cite="Mr. Bungle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi Guys,<p> </p><p> I'm playing as WCW in 1995, I'm running into issues with my mediagroup.</p><p> I want a broadcasting deal in the UK, but everytime I want to negotiate with Sky1 (channel), Turner Broadcasting is blocking this as Sky1 is going to conflict with TNT UK which broadcasts in the same range.</p><p> But TNT UK is not interested in negotiating with me.</p><p> </p><p> How do I fix this? (in my current game)</p><p> Is there a way to circumvent the mediagroup's wishes and get a broadcasting deal done?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd pop into the editor and see what TNT UK's problem is. They seem like the more realistic choice for a WCW broadcasting partner anyway. Check to see if they have "Must Cover Home" set to "no" -- that will allow them to broadcast foreign companies like WCW. If it's already set to no, then check what their pop requirements are and lower them to your level.</p>

I've run into a weird glitch (?)

I can't change the location of Great American Bash in the 1987 mod. At first, I thought it was because it was set to be run in the southeast under schedule so I changed it but that didn't fix it either.

For some reason, it says I've already set my location before I even go to that screen on the event page.

I want to run the show in New England instead of the southeast but I can't move the show.

I've run into a weird glitch (?)

I can't change the location of Great American Bash in the 1987 mod. At first, I thought it was because it was set to be run in the southeast under schedule so I changed it but that didn't fix it either.

For some reason, it says I've already set my location before I even go to that screen on the event page.

I want to run the show in New England instead of the southeast but I can't move the show.

Did you have TV-taping/other show earlier the same day?

Did you have TV-taping/other show earlier the same day?

No. It was a legit glitch. What happened was I had WCW Saturday Night the night before and then for some reason, the game considered Saturday Night also being held on Sunday.

It was weird. It fixed itself for the next PPV but for some reason, it didn't work that weekend.

Can anything bad happen from ending a storyline off-screen after just a couple segments?

Is there any downside (or upside for that matter) to using freestyle angles and giving everyone Major Success every time?

When you're losing a regional battle because you're a smaller company than the other guys, have lower production values and put on lower-rated cards, what is the move exactly? It feels like sinking into quicksand...

I'm playing GWS in Thunderverse.

Who can recommend me a few good guys from the UK/Ireland & Europe talents in the C-Verse? Thank you! I'm playing in Japan :p

Nigel S. Pavel V., Billy Robinson, Merle O'Curle. If Alton Vicious and Riddick Jordan will work in Japan (depending on how your game world has opened up or if you're playing with regions off or whatever), they are a great physical tag team. Same with the German Machine -- I'm particularly fond of Lars Brecher. Cub Balowicz. Cub and Pavel are both Polish and I think could make an excellent Polish team in a Japanese company (or in a European company). Aleksander K. is also pretty good. Lenny Mochin is a solid British Junior Heavyweight.

Can anything bad happen from ending a storyline off-screen after just a couple segments?

Is there any downside (or upside for that matter) to using freestyle angles and giving everyone Major Success every time?

When you're losing a regional battle because you're a smaller company than the other guys, have lower production values and put on lower-rated cards, what is the move exactly? It feels like sinking into quicksand...

I'm playing GWS in Thunderverse.

1. There's no downside to ending storylines off-screen. There used to be penalties for ending storylines too early, but with all of the storylines being unchained you can end them when you want.
  2. There is no specific downside other than, at least for me, it kills the emersion.
  3. The only thing to do is to continue to try and stay afloat. Depending on your money situation, you can up your production values so that you're not getting the penalty from the lower production values, but otherwise, if you're still turning a profit and making popularity gains you're fine.

1. There's no downside to ending storylines off-screen. There used to be penalties for ending storylines too early, but with all of the storylines being unchained you can end them when you want.
  2. There is no specific downside other than, at least for me, it kills the emersion.
  3. The only thing to do is to continue to try and stay afloat. Depending on your money situation, you can up your production values so that you're not getting the penalty from the lower production values, but otherwise, if you're still turning a profit and making popularity gains you're fine.

Thank you for responding! That must've been what I was thinking of with ending storylines.

I'm losing money and didn't gain in pop the first month after a show that was well-received on the website the next day, I'll keep trying though.

Can anyone tell me about protege/mentor relationships?

From using the board's search function, I gather the mentor helps them learn and also shapes the kid's personality. Is there anything else I should know? Would booking them in matches together be more effective for development than it otherwise would be?

Lastly, does anyone know if the relationship will still be as effective even if the mentor is no longer in the company? Playing T-Verse, I brought in The Magnificent Mountie just for 3 appearances to put his son over but now he's taken on Eddy Orion as a protege. With Mountie in steep time decline I'm wondering if I need to change plans and re-sign him to get anything out of this.

I'm excited for 2020 so finally getting back into this, funny 'cause it feels like everyone else is just quietly waiting

Bah Gawd a triple post!

I just thought I'd share that I think it's really cool how hiring a Locker Room Leader has changed things for me in short order.

Playing GWS, I started without any locker room leaders but with 2 very negative influences in Shannon Sorenson and Erik Wayne, and had some locker room issues like Sorenson injuring Bear Zanev and both of them getting annoyed over the whole thing.

So I fired Wayne, brought in Mountie and the second show Mountie is working for me, he's taken charge of the boys and cleaned this thing up for me. He took a guy to wrestler's court and told him to buy everyone drinks-- the first time a guy was told to buy drinks nothing happened but this time the game noted that the wrestler's behavior improved as a result, I guess because Mountie has everyone's respect. Then he took on probably my top prospect as a protege. My backstage environment is back up to 81% and Bear Zanev is back to Normal morale.

Just such cool game design! A locker room leader comes in and takes control and people are putting their best foot forward now-- I've seen this kind of thing IRL in the professional world. It's realistic, but whereas some things about the game feel realistic in an overly complex way, this is realistic in a fun way. Love it

Is there a trick to choosing the correct gimmick for a worker?

I have 2 saved games, in game 1 I've got Steve Williams with an old school heel gimmick rated above average. In the other he rates below average for the same gimmick!

Quite annoying that the game rates it randomly...

Hence my question.

Are they in the same database? If yes are you using the same company or product setting? And are your user stats for creativity the same? All those are factors in the gimmick rating succeeding or failing. Yes there is a slight randomness to it but there are several things that can affect it one way or the other.

Can anyone tell me about protege/mentor relationships?

From using the board's search function, I gather the mentor helps them learn and also shapes the kid's personality. Is there anything else I should know? Would booking them in matches together be more effective for development than it otherwise would be?

Lastly, does anyone know if the relationship will still be as effective even if the mentor is no longer in the company? Playing T-Verse, I brought in The Magnificent Mountie just for 3 appearances to put his son over but now he's taken on Eddy Orion as a protege. With Mountie in steep time decline I'm wondering if I need to change plans and re-sign him to get anything out of this.

I'm excited for 2020 so finally getting back into this, funny 'cause it feels like everyone else is just quietly waiting

They need to be on the same show for The Magnificent Mountie to pass on knowledge to the protege. It only happens as a pre-show incident. You will receive a notification similar to when The Magnificent Mountie took someone to Wrestler's Court. That said, they don't need to have matches together. You can use The Magnificent Mountie to put over other guys.

Is there a trick to choosing the correct gimmick for a worker?

I have 2 saved games, in game 1 I've got Steve Williams with an old school heel gimmick rated above average. In the other he rates below average for the same gimmick!

Quite annoying that the game rates it randomly...

Hence my question.

Gimmicks come in a range. No gimmick will always be "Average" for a worker. A gimmick could be "Average", but later become "Above Average" once the worker "Gets better at him gimmick".

The initial effect is indeed random. But that is the risk with them. Just to see how it works...the next time you debut a gimmick on a show look at the initial rating, then back out and reload the save and start the show again. Chances are pretty low that the Debut rating of the gimmick will be the same.

They need to be on the same show for The Magnificent Mountie to pass on knowledge to the protege. It only happens as a pre-show incident. You will receive a notification similar to when The Magnificent Mountie took someone to Wrestler's Court. That said, they don't need to have matches together. You can use The Magnificent Mountie to put over other guys.

Got you, thanks. I was afraid you'd say that! His skills are declining fast and it's a perf>pop promotion.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Roger Sterling" data-cite="Roger Sterling" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Got you, thanks. I was afraid you'd say that! His skills are declining fast and it's a perf>pop promotion.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you don't want to use him in the ring, let him auto-push, but set him as someone's manager. You can use him as a bodyguard and mouthpiece. Set him as a minor character in any feuds with the person he is managing and set him up as the guy to beat in order to get to the other guy. Kind of like how Kairi Sane always accompanies Asuka and people frequently beat her in order to get to fight Asuka.</p><p> </p><p> Even if his matches and angles aren't great, it won't really matter so long as you have good main events and a couple of other matches and angles.</p>

<p>Other promotions on your own broadcaster?</p><p> </p><p>

One thing I've wanted to do for a while in my save is get some of the promotions I'm aligned with to join me and my developmental companies on my own broadcaster. Is there a way to get it to happen? </p><p> </p><p>

Was thinking about adding another player in, negotiating, and then getting that player out, but IDK if that would work. Is there another way?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Vinsmoker" data-cite="Vinsmoker" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Gimmicks come in a range. No gimmick will always be "Average" for a worker. A gimmick could be "Average", but later become "Above Average" once the worker "Gets better at him gimmick".<p> </p><p> The initial effect is indeed random. But that is the risk with them. Just to see how it works...the next time you debut a gimmick on a show look at the initial rating, then back out and reload the save and start the show again. Chances are pretty low that the Debut rating of the gimmick will be the same.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I did as suggested, I saw that the initial rating is indeed random, kinda sucks, but ok.</p><p> </p><p> But is there a trick to actually choosing a good gimmick for a worker, an 'Average' guarenteed trick? </p><p> What factors into a gimmick succeeding or not?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mr. Bungle" data-cite="Mr. Bungle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I did as suggested, I saw that the initial rating is indeed random, kinda sucks, but ok.<p> </p><p> But is there a trick to actually choosing a good gimmick for a worker, an 'Average' guarenteed trick? </p><p> What factors into a gimmick succeeding or not?</p></div></blockquote><p> The performance skills.</p><p> </p><p> While selecting the gimmick always filter by the worker's best performance skills (and Heel/Face, if they are at different levels). There is also a tick box to "Exclude Gimmicks that don't suit the worker".</p><p> </p><p> If the gimmick isn't too outlandish in subtlety, risk, etc., it will rarely be worse than Average and even then it will very likely improve over time.</p>

Broadcaster-question.

I'm playing at SWF and I have the SWF Network in the US, Mexico, and England right now. I also have an alliance and North of the Border joined it. I have not been able to figure out how to offer them a network programming slot.

They have a TV show and events in Canada and another location that I can't recall right now. I have child companies in my alliance that I have been able to add their shows on the network but that's through their "Child Companies" window in SWF. NotB isn't a child company so I can't do that. Is there a way to offer a time slot on your broadcaster to a separate company?

Also, will this be an option in TEW 2020?