Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

Hey, I just have a question after watching a few of Goldberg`s matches recently in WWE and early in his run in WCW, and that is; is it possible to have matches with wrestlers like him that are short and exciting with great match ratings? Or will you always be capped because of the game mechanics?

His sub 2 minute squash of Lesnar at Survivor Series 2016 was so effective, yet as a Main event in TEW it would get like a 53 at max. Any way to mend this? Would a menace angle after the match be enough? I just hope and wish for there to be a possibility to do good ratings with a gimmick like Goldberg’s! Thanks for help <3

Even though that was a "match", in TEW terms I would think of it as more of an angle. Including their entrances and posturing around the ring, it might have been a full 7 or 8 minutes. Rate Lesnar on Overness and Goldberg on Menace. You could probably rate Heyman on acting, too.

You'd think I'd have asked this before, but regardless.

What are the actual mechanical benefits of internet distribution compared to dvd distribution? I've been on internet for most of my game. Supposedly, this brings in more fans. I'd expect, reading that, that would have the effect of increasing popularity (even slightly) pretty much worldwide...but it seems that the only popularity gains I've seen is from my actual shows and spillover.

Since I'm (theoretically, this hasn't been tested) losing money from not having DVD distribution, what benefit am I actually getting?

Basically, the biggest advantage is that you can gain pop in areas you normally wouldn't, like countries where your region has absolutely no spillover. It's not much, and it definitely caps at a low number, but it's not nothing.

Basically, the biggest advantage is that you can gain pop in areas you normally wouldn't, like countries where your region has absolutely no spillover. It's not much, and it definitely caps at a low number, but it's not nothing.

Yeah, that's not what I'm seeing at all. Then again, I'm in the US, which does have spillover everywhere. Maybe if I was in Australia, it would be different.

Yeah, that's not what I'm seeing at all. Then again, I'm in the US, which does have spillover everywhere. Maybe if I was in Australia, it would be different.

Have you been keeping an eye on Puerto Rico and Hawaii? I first noticed it when playing ZEN, since Australia has no spillover anywhere in the world, but, if I'm not mistaken, Hawaii and PR are the only areas in the U.S. that don't get any spillover.

Internet distribution gives smalll level popularity gains for companies... BUT it doesn't count as an appearance in that region, so after 6 months of not holding a show (TV, event, house show) in an area that popularity will quickly erode away. If your company has already existed for more than 6 months in an active save then your gains will get washed away basically immediately.

As others have said, it's a good plan to help use it to break into a new region from a tough home base like Hawaii or New Zealand as you can run one show every 6 months there while using internet to help pad your gains..... and it's also good for tiny new companies to use as a way to pad their income slightly since sponsorship is linked directly to popularity. But it's a very limited gains situation beyond that.

<p>Money Entry</p><p> </p><p>

I'm just catching up on the journal. With the entry concerning how much money a company can make monthly, doesn't that take away from the importance of TV deals and possible ad revenue? Major US companies in real life make most of their money in TV licensing now.</p><p> </p><p>

I guess there won't be a scenario (like with WWE currently) where a company is making a ton of money off TV licensing, but loses money from their live events?</p>

So, I'm building popularity in the US and Canada, I have an A-tv show and a B-tv show, both transmitted in US and Canada.

However I want to start building up pop in Europe (incl. UK), and I'm thinking of holding shows there that are not on tv, just to build up pop in the UK without it affecting my pop in the US and Canada.

Using 1 main eventer who's got good pop over there (Roddy Piper), he's in time decline however.

I want to do this until I get a tv contract from a local station there.

Is this a good way to go about it, or is this going cause my wrestlers to be extremely tired and cost me my shows and ppv performances?

So, I'm building popularity in the US and Canada, I have an A-tv show and a B-tv show, both transmitted in US and Canada.

However I want to start building up pop in Europe (incl. UK), and I'm thinking of holding shows there that are not on tv, just to build up pop in the UK without it affecting my pop in the US and Canada.

Using 1 main eventer who's got good pop over there (Roddy Piper), he's in time decline however.

I want to do this until I get a tv contract from a local station there.

Is this a good way to go about it, or is this going cause my wrestlers to be extremely tired and cost me my shows and ppv performances?

It takes more time than creating your own broadcaster, but this method will work.

So, while attempting to book for the future I realised how often I end up just sorta sat there stuck for ideas in terms of feuds / storylines.

I thought about writing a little list of 'typical' basic feuds that I could refer to just every now and then - just simple stuff like the champion telling the underdog babyface he'll never win the big one, or stable members overshadowing the leader.

I do get part of the fun is probably not looking at a preset list, and I wouldn't wanna use it all the time, but does anyone know if a resource like this already exists anywhere?

So, while attempting to book for the future I realised how often I end up just sorta sat there stuck for ideas in terms of feuds / storylines.

I thought about writing a little list of 'typical' basic feuds that I could refer to just every now and then - just simple stuff like the champion telling the underdog babyface he'll never win the big one, or stable members overshadowing the leader.

I do get part of the fun is probably not looking at a preset list, and I wouldn't wanna use it all the time, but does anyone know if a resource like this already exists anywhere?

Funnily enough...The SmackDown vs. Raw series had such a list in the GM mode with the writers you had to hire

I haven't seen something like this so I started up a thread that will hopefully get some traction and come up with a bigger list. http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2395591

Is it safe to say that the higher the show grade, the higher the pop gain in the region?

Yes, but it is relative to your popularity in that region already. If you are at an 85 in a region and put on an 88 show you’ll gain popularity, but not to the degree that you would if you were say a 50 in a region and put on a show that was a 70.

So Technical wrestling is now one skill, but - for modders' sake - which value is going to be taken? I assume the top value will count, as that would make more sense than taking the time to calculate an average of the 3 values (though Access/Excel could do that quickly enough).

And what is actually the effect of the in-ring skills in TEW16 (and TEW20 for that matter)? I seem to recall that it doesn't matter which of the styles someone excels in, as high flyers can now work with brawlers, for instance. But can someone confirm that it really doesn't matter if you have F's in all styles (brawl, puro, hardcore, techn, flying), as long as you have A in one?

Well the last sentence is misleading since every product favors different attributes so if you have someone who’s an A in flying but nothing else, they’ll be much worse in a product that makes the skill less effective. Add that onto match notes, etc and a one dimensional worker looks less attractive.

I think by default most entertainment products look down upon Hardcore (at least USPW style entertainment) so some are definitely better than others and more universal. But in an ideal situation I do think someone with a single good top row stat will be better than someone with a D/45 rating everywhere. The best example is probably the top big man workers in the game almost always have minimal technical and flying, but can get fantastic ratings.

I'm running TCW and when I started I was stoked to find that Matt Hocking was listed in Next Big Things and had the description "26 year old Matt Hocking has almost unlimited potential; he seems to have that something special about him that might just translate into potential superstardom. It would be wise to book him carefully so as not to damage or reduce his potential impact." which as far as I know is like the best outcome you can get for a workers potential overness.

But after like a month or so his description changed to "At just 26 years of age, time is on the side of Matt Hocking, but even though he has a whole career in front of him it's already clear that there is something special about him; he definitely has the feel of a future star, and someone who could potentially carry an entire company on his back."

Does this mean his potential has decreased for some reason? He's gone about 5-1 in matches over this period with his only loss being to a more popular Jay Chord for the International Title and has had a few solid promos during that time as well.

He's also listed under hot prospects with the description "Matt Hocking is somebody who should be handled carefully, as it's clear that the 26 year old has all the raw materials needed to create a big star in the future, he is showing signs of turning into a fantastic in-ring performer." But that one thankfully hasn't changed.