Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="skinsfan55" data-cite="skinsfan55" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's too bad, it'd be kind of nice to help stay on story if I could re-run old shows or whatever.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, I always thought the same thing myself. I’m constantly finding that I don’t have enough characters in the angle description that appears on the final show card.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Spud1305" data-cite="Spud1305" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I would guess that it could impact the achievements for the Hall Of Immortals as one of the achievements is that the worker has won a Main Event title in a major company.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> this is possible, though my company is a tiny little thing and not going to create any immortals unless they move on.</p><p> </p><p> Couple of things I did notice:</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> 1. having the title listed as ME did seem to keep it from dropping below 71 prestige. seems by changing to floating i could have it drop further which may hurt match quality.</p><p> </p><p> 2. In my CV97 game my floating titles had reached near 100 prestige. when i ran the "check for HoF" it seemed to list them as ME titles for that purpose</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If it’s successful they can gain SQ and Sex Appeal. If it’s a move up they can also gain menace and I think power.<p> </p><p> It can fail though, and wrestlers can become flabby and lose SQ/SA as well. Guy just put the weight on the wrong way. Sad too, I tried to push Matt Hocking</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Is this related to body type in any way? Like would a toned/muscular/ripped guy have a more successful weight increase than someone who is average or flabby to begin with?</p>

Yo,

I've recently been playing 2016 after a long time away from the games.

Booking ECW in the '98 mod. It's now November 2000. Product favours performance over popularity

I've been building my main event title picture around RVD, Chris Jericho and Juventud Guerrera.

All three have really good top line stats... B+ and Bs (and Guerrera even has an A in flashiness at this point. Performance stats are also solid) - all have As in basics and B+s in psychology. All have solid B+s in charisma. All are B overness in Tri-State.

I say all of this because a one-on-one match between any of these three can pull an A rating easily but I'm now intrigued... if this is proving an easy achievement, can I get it higher?

If I wanted to try and get an A* in a three way (1v1v1) for the main event of November to Remember what would be my best match aim?

I'm tempted to do an hour long match harking back to the Douglas/Sabu/Funk match for the nostalgia value. But I wonder if that's throwing away my chance at getting my best match rating...?

Thanks to anyone who bothers reading that backstory :D.

EDIT: The storyline involving them is at A* heat, so I'm hoping I might have a fighting chance.

Quote The Raven

Nevermore

If all three guys have excellent psychology and consistency, you can maybe go for an hour-long Epic if their stamina allows (which I assume it does).

However, these match aims are hard to pull off for many people and if you're in any doubt you're best going with a 20-30 minute Regular match in my opinion.

<p>Ok, now a small question about motivation.</p><p> </p><p>

So I'm running a tiny indie fed in TEW 2016. I have Rob Conway on my roster. Now I never really intended Conway to be anything bigger than a midcarder and I have been booking him as such. Thing is; he showed some promise in the form of having faster psych growth than most of his peers. </p><p> </p><p>

But the thing is: despite having stats that are generally equivalent and psych that is generally higher than his peers he consistently puts on really bad performances. I was curious as to why. His consistency stat is high, he has no apparent drug issues, his morale is average, his momentum is average. </p><p> </p><p>

I kept seeing the chemistry (motivation) penalty in his matches. I've seen this note before in other workers and haven't thought anything about it. But this time out of curiosity I decided to look it up.</p><p> </p><p>

Apparently that note happens because a worker can't cope with pressure.</p><p> </p><p>

He's not the only one who has that note though. Sexton Hardcastle also gets that penalty but he is capable of putting on much better matches with comparable stats.</p><p> </p><p>

So my question is: Is it possible for the Chemistry(motivation) penalty to utterly cripple a worker?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Alucidus" data-cite="Alucidus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So my question is: Is it possible for the Chemistry(motivation) penalty to utterly cripple a worker?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, it's a minor penalty.</p>

Not sure if this has been answered. But is there a reason the top companies like TCW, SWF, and USPW, ect only run their main shows at 5,000 venue arenas? Im MAW and pulling 2,000 with just low 30s pop. Why are these huge companies not running in 10-20k arenas?

Edit: Nvm im an idiot.

Not sure if this has been answered. But is there a reason the top companies like TCW, SWF, and USPW, ect only run their main shows at 5,000 venue arenas? Im MAW and pulling 2,000 with just low 30s pop. Why are these huge companies not running in 10-20k arenas?

The industry is down? I don't know. I've gone back to old saves to look and they're running 10,000 seat arenas.

The industry is down? I don't know. I've gone back to old saves to look and they're running 10,000 seat arenas.

I must be losing my mind. I swear this was common but looking back all the shows seem accurate now. But they just ran in Hawaii and the rest of their shows have been accurate.

Guest skinsfan55

<p>Is there a way to do a "Dusty" finish? </p><p> </p><p>

If not, there should be. </p><p> </p><p>

Basically I have Marat Khoklov as a heel National Champion and James Justice building up a feud with him as Justice considers himself a "Giant Killer" because he beat Bruce the Giant in a classic early USPW show. </p><p> </p><p>

I want Justice to think he won and get a big pop, only to have it reversed on some technicality.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Danny_H22" data-cite="Danny_H22" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The drop in size seems to be triggered on the day that I lose one of my biggest stars to a competitor. I assume this means that I don't have enough draw points to remain national? I don't know if it works like that, i am still learning the game</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Your company size is based on your company's importance. Your company's importance is based on your company's popularity, modified by the important of the local regions. So, a 90 popularity in Tri-State with 100 importance would give your company 100 importance for there. A 90 popularity in Mid-Atlantic with 86 importance would give 77.4 (90 * 86) importance there.</p><p> </p><p> To be a national company in the US you have to have C+ importance in at least 8 regions of the US.</p><p> </p><p> You can lose popularity in the following ways:</p><p> </p><ul><li>By putting on lower-rated shows than your current popularity except there's no loss if your show is rated as a B or higher, regardless of popularity<br /></li><li>By losing a national battle<br /></li><li>By not having enough workers with a high enough pop if you are National or higher<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p> You win national battles based on your company's draw of the top 5 workers rated by draw. A worker's draw is based on their popularity and their star quality. Ideally, you'll push your highest star quality workers the highest to win national battles, even if their in-ring skills aren't the best.</p><p> </p><p> You can lose importance by either losing popularity or the importance of the region dropping. You have no control over the latter.</p><p> </p><p> Once you have dropped in size, you have to wait 6 months before you can rise in size again, regardless of your popularity/importance. You can still gain or lose popularity, but you won't increase your company's size.</p><p> </p><p> Either way, dropping from National to Cult isn't a big deal. You will still make about the same amount of money and it gives you some time to develop your stars a bit more and raise their pop before you challenge the next time you rise.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="piccamo" data-cite="piccamo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Your company size is based on your company's importance. Your company's importance is based on your company's popularity, modified by the important of the local regions. So, a 90 popularity in Tri-State with 100 importance would give your company 100 importance for there. A 90 popularity in Mid-Atlantic with 86 importance would give 77.4 (90 * 86) importance there.<p> </p><p> To be a national company in the US you have to have C+ importance in at least 8 regions of the US.</p><p> </p><p> You can lose popularity in the following ways:</p><p> </p><ul><li>By putting on lower-rated shows than your current popularity except there's no loss if your show is rated as a B or higher, regardless of popularity<br /></li><li>By losing a national battle<br /></li><li>By not having enough workers with a high enough pop if you are National or higher<br /></li></ul><p></p><p> </p><p> You win national battles based on your company's draw of the top 5 workers rated by draw. A worker's draw is based on their popularity and their star quality. Ideally, you'll push your highest star quality workers the highest to win national battles, even if their in-ring skills aren't the best.</p><p> </p><p> You can lose importance by either losing popularity or the importance of the region dropping. You have no control over the latter.</p><p> </p><p> Once you have dropped in size, you have to wait 6 months before you can rise in size again, regardless of your popularity/importance. You can still gain or lose popularity, but you won't increase your company's size.</p><p> </p><p> Either way, dropping from National to Cult isn't a big deal. You will still make about the same amount of money and it gives you some time to develop your stars a bit more and raise their pop before you challenge the next time you rise.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is a really well thought out response so thank you. </p><p> </p><p> Two or three of my top five stars have been unavailable for the past month, so i assume that it one of the main reasons that my popularity has suffered. </p><p> </p><p> Thank you again</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Danny_H22" data-cite="Danny_H22" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>One final question regarding popularity. Should i be hosting shows in areas where I have a slightly lower importance rating in order to best improve those?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Also interested in this - I don't know if popularity increases stack if you're televised in an area as well as running your show there. I assume not, but whether the gain is greater where you run than televised is something I'm curious about.</p><p> </p><p> *</p><p> </p><p> Are there any limits on how many workers you can loan into your company, or from another company, at any given time?</p><p> </p><p> I want to run a tournament with international teams, including loaning in two workers each from AJPW, NJPW and CMLL. I'm pretty sure I can have two from a single company at any time, but can I have six workers in at the same time?</p>

One final question regarding popularity. Should i be hosting shows in areas where I have a slightly lower importance rating in order to best improve those?

As far as I'm aware, the performance of your workers is impacted by the popularity of the region where the show is hosted. So, it's more based on the performer's popularity than your company's importance or popularity. I learned this when I bought out PGHW in one of my games and ended up doing a bunch of shows in Hawaii because the Japanese stars had good pop there, but not in the US so they'd get better match ratings.

Worker popularity performance will impact you even if you're rated more heavily for performance.

Also interested in this - I don't know if popularity increases stack if you're televised in an area as well as running your show there. I assume not, but whether the gain is greater where you run than televised is something I'm curious about.

I'm not certain about this.