TEW2016 Public Beta Reaction Thread

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine is the exact same way. She understands that I've put years into this series and that its honestly my PRIMARY video game. She tells me I'm a wrestling nerd all the time. It is what it is, ha. When I asked her to download the trial she asked if she needed her debit card to pay for it. I told her the full release wasn't until Monday.

I know it's been talked about but I really think Adam should look into a pre-order option. I don't see why you couldn't pre-order a game license when he's absolutely sure of a release (like when the Dev Journal starts). My wife asked me about that when the game was announced and I explained it wasn't a game you pre-order.

Riding back in the work truck. CT to ME. About an hour and a half from home at this point. The wife will be waiting but I hope I get some game time in, gotta work local tomorrow morning.

My wife loves me playing TEW. She hates me locking myself away to play Fallout or something else on the PS4 but she is very happy with me playing this or Civ on the sofa while she watches Eastenders.

My wife loves me playing TEW. She hates me locking myself away to play Fallout or something else on the PS4 but she is very happy with me playing this or Civ on the sofa while she watches Eastenders.

Start copying Eastender storylines in TEW and show her what happens. :p

Start copying Eastender storylines in TEW and show her what happens. :p

The similarities between soaps and wrestling is really interesting. I can sense a soap heel turn several episodes before it happens.

I've been thinking of something to do with Phoebe Plumridge, maybe it could turn out that Jeff Nova is her real dad or something :)

Really happy that the freestyle angle extra click has been removed and the ? has been added.

Thank you.

I'm looking over the posts and I see Eastenders mentioned. lol I have not watched in years, but it was something I was thinking about while looking at my 21CW roster. The dream match, Grant and Phil vs Tommy and Eddie. Family vs Family. :p

Really happy that the freestyle angle extra click has been removed and the ? has been added.

Thank you.

I'm looking over the posts and I see Eastenders mentioned. lol I have not watched in years, but it was something I was thinking about while looking at my 21CW roster. The dream match, Grant and Phil vs Tommy and Eddie. Family vs Family. :p

I would love to see that match. The Cornell's win when Grant turns on Phil because he's drunk and pushes him down a hole or off the top rope. Then Sharon and Jenifer start scraping and rolling around in the ring. CAT FIGHT!!!

I would love to see that match. The Cornell's win when Grant turns on Phil because he's drunk and pushes him down a hole or off the top rope. Then Sharon and Jenifer start scraping and rolling around in the ring. CAT FIGHT!!!

It really does write itself. :) In my version, Tommy and Eddie play old footage to send Phil into a rage. It builds week after week. KATH, KATH, KATH! Grant keeps him under control and off the drink, until match day. Jonathan Faust manages to talk Phil into coming to the bar with him.

Tiffany comes out during the match, distracting Grant, Phil then hits Grant over the head with a tomato. 123 The reason is my mate used to call him Phil Tomato head. Back in the heyday of Eastenders.

Tiffany leaves with Phil to complete the shocking double cross :eek:

It really does write itself. :) In my version, Tommy and Eddie play old footage to send Phil into a rage. It builds week after week. KATH, KATH, KATH! Grant keeps him under control and off the drink, until match day. Jonathan Faust manages to talk Phil into coming to the bar with him.

Tiffany comes out during the match, distracting Grant, Phil then hits Grant over the head with a tomato. 123 The reason is my mate used to call him Phil Tomato head. Back in the heyday of Eastenders.

Tiffany leaves with Phil to complete the shocking double cross :eek:

I'm worried by the amount of thought you've put into this. :p

9 (NINE) matches in a two hour show is far too many, even if the matches are set to 90%.

Also, it appears that the AI looks to include every single worker in events. That, so far, has murdered the finances of three Regional UK promotions whilst testing 1987. That's even with two of them getting crowds around 3K for each event. In one case, All Star used 29 workers on an event.

Two hours should be about 6 or 7 matches at most, somewhere under 20 workers if that.

9 (NINE) matches in a two hour show is far too many, even if the matches are set to 90%.

Also, it appears that the AI looks to include every single worker in events. That, so far, has murdered the finances of three Regional UK promotions whilst testing 1987. That's even with two of them getting crowds around 3K for each event. In one case, All Star used 29 workers on an event.

Two hours should be about 6 or 7 matches at most, somewhere under 20 workers if that.

Is that personal opinion?

Think about how many matches you get on NXT some weeks...

Is that personal opinion?

Think about how many matches you get on NXT some weeks...

It's from having promoted/booked and knowing the wrestling scene pretty well. NXT has what 3 or 4 in an hour, if it went two hours you'd possibly see the 8 minutes become 10 or 12, entrances not occasionally see the worker already in, more adverts, more segments, bit more cutting to he announce team.

2 hours gives you 6 x 20 minutes, not rocket science and we all know that. Entrance time, match, leaving the ring and a minute to settle as the MC comes back out and you're at 20 usually for a 12 - 15 minute match. Even if not, you can move a minute per match to your main event and some wastage. 9 matches over two hours is mental, just mental. In TEW's case, even more so if workers are on 1,000 plus per appearance for a Regional promotion.

It's from having promoted/booked and knowing the wrestling scene pretty well. NXT has what 3 or 4 in an hour, if it went two hours you'd possibly see the 8 minutes become 10 or 12, entrances not occasionally see the worker already in, more adverts, more segments, bit more cutting to he announce team.

2 hours gives you 6 x 20 minutes, not rocket science and we all know that. Entrance time, match, leaving the ring and a minute to settle as the MC comes back out and you're at 20 usually for a 12 - 15 minute match. Even if not, you can move a minute per match to your main event and some wastage. 9 matches over two hours is mental, just mental. In TEW's case, even more so if workers are on 1,000 plus per appearance for a Regional promotion.

Different strokes for different folks. There's no right answer (and I've been involved with wrestling myself, mind you). Some weeks NXT has 1 match, others they have 5 or 6.

I'd say for a 2 hour show, anywhere between 6-8 matches is about average. When you account for squash matches, which shouldn't realistically go longer than 5 minutes EVER, you've got time to fill if you want to get close to the 2 hour mark.

I've more often than not seen companies want guys to shave time from, not add time to, their matches.

I agree. 9 is a bit much.

Digging in a bit more:

$7,500 per show to provide the Large live event experience for a Regional promotion seems high and could be Medium, whilst Production could be Semi-Pro. Broadcast Quality...what if the Broadcaster is filming it for you? So, again, In House could be high. Music...what if you don't use any? 15k per month for a Regional promotion is again high.

For a Regional promotion to have no red notifications it's 30K a month and 9.5K per show. IMHO, looks high.

I admit, you risk burning out the crowd with 9 or more matches, but it's not unheard of for a promotion to be able to fit in 9 matches to a 2 hour show, particularly if it's a TV taping scenario.

Aha, but it's not and never can be. It certainly isn't unheard of, but for the basis of what we're working with its not manageable. All finances appear high, certainly workers fees at 1 to 3K per appearance for a Regional promotion.

Archived