The GAMMA Thread

have you guys been utilizing the hype feature in your gamma saves?????

Absolutely. I try not to use it on people who are generally in coin flip matches but if I have a new guy I want to grow fast I’ll give him some big hype and watch him rise (especially if they finish fights). If they are marketable it enhances them even more. If I get a big signing from outside who is highly ranked but not known in my area I put the big hype on them and they usually crush an over the hill vet with some popularity for their debut.

I feel like you could do it on a match by match basis and add/remove hype based on who their next opponent is, but that feels like a bit too much micromanaging for my current tastes.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>I'm a couple of months into 2002. Just had a monster event, with Braulio Moura taking the upset win over Matthew Dean. Made $6.5m off of it. </p><p> </p><p>

Headlined the prior event with two Super Heavies. Wasn't a really strong semi main event either. Did okay. </p><p> </p><p>

Been trying to run 2 PPVs every 2nd month, and fairly regularly TV broadcasts. I've thinned out the main show fights a bit, but I might need to go back to one PPV per month later in the year. Just to make sure I can have strong enough main events. A few of the TV shows have been throwaway events, so I can put some lower popularity fighters on TV and build them up toward national popularity. </p><p> </p><p>

I've limited our size to Mid Level National, or we would probably be closing in on International. Wanted to take more time to build up the top talent before we hit International. Dean was at like 99% National in the US, so if he would have won that fight, I would have had the fun situation where he wouldn't have accepted most opponents. Already have a fun situation with Bryan van den Hauwe, where is mid-level National but lost his last couple of fights. Won't fight anyone below National popularity, but turns down everyone at his level because they are too tough of a fight. </p><p> </p><p>

Just added a Bantamweight division, moving down Willie Bassett (who lost to Ziskie at featherweight) and Brian Claremont, plus a few signings. Bassett and Claremont are my two coaches on a new season of COTT, which is a few existing fighters (or more accurately, fighters created by the game in the months previous) and some new fighters. Quality looks better, as the previous season of COTT I did with super heavies produced almost nothing of real quality. Bassett doesn't really have the Marketability and I didn't realize, so might not have been the best call, but I hope he gains a bit. They will fight over the new BW title after the season. </p><p> </p><p>

I used Isaiah Monroe and Adam White as the coaches for the SHW season, and both ended up at mid-National. Then White won the fight in a great battle. His next fight will be for the title.</p>

Has anyone else had success with Jericho Stewart? I brought him in to be on the reality show. He won by beating Logan Bluffer. At 3-0 in the company he went on to fight Mike Watson and knocked him out in :59. I gave him a title shot against Cyborg Villar which was a battle. Villar kicked the crap out of his legs. He rocked Villar twice, but couldn't finish due to the damage, but finally KO'd with one punch to claim the Belt.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vBaC0n" data-cite="vBaC0n" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44818" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Has anyone else had success with Jericho Stewart? I brought him in to be on the reality show. He won by beating Logan Bluffer. At 3-0 in the company he went on to fight Mike Watson and knocked him out in :59. I gave him a title shot against Cyborg Villar which was a battle. Villar kicked the crap out of his legs. He rocked Villar twice, but couldn't finish due to the damage, but finally KO'd with one punch to claim the Belt.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yep. He went on a 8 fight win streak to start, won the title by beating Mike Watson (who was amazing in my save) and then beat him again in the immediate rematch. Then he lost it the next fight, then won the title again, and has been on a two fight losing streak. But he's High Level International popularity.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Martel123" data-cite="Martel123" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44818" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>James Foster dystroyed his after failing a drug test, losing the belt to Rav and the rematch, lost Nate MacReary, and finally beat Hassan Fezzik in Fezziks retirement match but James then got busted for peds...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In my game Foster last his title to Kapur and then lost the immediate rematch. </p><p> </p><p> Since then he's had 4 fights, won them all, but popped the PEDs after 3 of them. Starting his third one year ban at 40 years old now, but I still don't think i can cut him.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mickel" data-cite="mickel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44818" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In my game Foster last his title to Kapur and then lost the immediate rematch. <p> </p><p> Since then he's had 4 fights, won them all, but popped the PEDs after 3 of them. Starting his third one year ban at 40 years old now, but I still don't think i can cut him.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Foster tested twice positive in my game but was recreational drugs.</p>

<p>I asked James Foster to retire since he lost the belt to Kapur. He went 1-5 getting finished early in every fight. He declined and said he plans to fight for four or five more years. ...</p><p> </p><p>

Do I cut him? Haha</p>

James Foster dystroyed his after failing a drug test, losing the belt to Rav and the rematch, lost Nate MacReary, and finally beat Hassan Fezzik in Fezziks retirement match but James then got busted for peds...

Foster's destroyed his in my current game too. Five straight losses since losing the title to Rav. I should ask him to retire as at the rate he's going, he likely won't be hall of fame worthy if he keeps losing like he's doing.

I asked James Foster to retire since he lost the belt to Kapur. He went 1-5 getting finished early in every fight. He declined and said he plans to fight for four or five more years. ...

Do I cut him? Haha

You can’t ask him to retire, you’re asking for his future plans.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vBaC0n" data-cite="vBaC0n" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44818" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Eh. The button says 'Ask about retirement'. I feel it's the same thing.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Huh? No. It's not.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44818" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Huh? No. It's not.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Okay. I'll go on believing that when you ask a fighter about retirement is basically asking them to retire and you can go on and believe what you want. Lol</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vBaC0n" data-cite="vBaC0n" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44818" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Okay. I'll go on believing that when you ask a fighter about retirement is basically asking them to retire and you can go on and believe what you want. Lol</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No need to be smug when you're objectively completely wrong.</p>

How's Ekberg doing for everyone else? He's probably grew into my favourite fighter in the database.

I didn't really have any plans or anything for him, I booked Fatuma Roy (#7) vs. Tank Manu'a (#4), but Roy had to pull out on like 10 days notice, Ekberg (#17) steps up, and finishes Tank in R3. He shoots up to #10, and six months later, defeats Tony McCall (#5) on points, so top five victories so I decided to get behind the kid and started him on Medium Hype. I gave him the returning Jeff Carlton, Ekberg winning on points again. Four months later, he faced Nate MacReary (#7) picking up a Split Decision victory (28-29, 30-27 and 29-28). He then faced off with Norman Pike (#4), finishing him in the 3rd, and moving him up to #3. I decided it was time to pull the trigger and give him a title shot against Rav Kapur, after getting his nose broke in #1, and dropped twice in 2 and 3, he came out in #4, clinched Kapur, took him down and beat him until the referee had to pull him off. Showing amazing heart, Lars Gunnar-Ekberg is the new GAMMA Heavyweight Champion. His first defence took place 11 months later, against 14-1 Alexsander Ivanov, and Ivanov may not have turned up. He got outclassed in every way, before getting finished in R3. Ekberg is a Mid Level National name, 14-0 and looking unstoppable.

Here's his stats

https://i.imgur.com/rlpJyEC.png

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bluestillidie00" data-cite="Bluestillidie00" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44818" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How's Ekberg doing for everyone else? He's probably grew into my favourite fighter in the database.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He had a feud with the cowboy only to get defeated by him (taken down five times) and bounce back in the rematch to make it 15-1. At the end of 2004, he's got beef with Archer but I signed him up for a title shot against #6 P4P and HW kingpin Rav Kapur who has basically beaten everyone alive. Not sure what to expect. He's got the chin to be a threat. And the fight's taking place in Sweden so it's his big chance to dethrone the Beast.</p><p> </p><p> Mine's only got 79 takedown skill. The rest is closer to your values.</p>