The GAMMA Thread

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44818" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So has anyone seen James Foster beat Rav Kapur?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, but only just. He lost his title to Rav, but as he was such a dominant champion, I gave him an instant rematch. He got knocked down, but recovered and submitted Rav from the bottom.</p><p> </p><p> He then got dominated by Norman Pike, before scoring a submission late on.</p><p> </p><p> Finally lost his title to Ekberg, and lost the rematch too, before retiring. </p><p> </p><p> Ekberg defended the title for a couple of times, before losing to a body shot by Rav Kapur. First defence, Rav lost to Fujimoto (sp?), who then retained his title by taking a split decision over Ekberg.</p><p> </p><p> Also got Aleksander Ivanov, the NZ guy from BCF, Elzo Alves Moura, Murilo Satinho, Lee Chavis, Sam Hoynes, Pai Cheng and Harv Dennis buzzing around the top 10. Probably my strongest division at this time - late 2008.</p>

<p>I'm juggling 11 weight classes atm but I just bought XCC as well. I wanted to bring in the BW division for another season of COTT but I'm not sure if that's even a good idea. The 4 women's divisions are struggling. Maybe it's best to hand over the division to XCC and just book the main event-worthy matches. It's an approach I've been contemplating which would offer space on my prelims.</p><p> </p><p>

Currently I'm having 15-fight cards every two weeks but it's just not enough to maintain a healthy flow as I'm currently having to offer quick rematches with relevant contenders. If I don't beef up the schedule I'll be out of serious contenders when the retirement wave starts.</p><p> </p><p>

Do you guys do a lot of "throwaway cards"? I've only had one so far.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blackman" data-cite="Blackman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44818" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Do you guys do a lot of "throwaway cards"? I've only had one so far.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Never for pay per view. But pretty much all my TV shows end up being Throwaways.</p>

• 4 weeks later...

<p>I decided to try focusing on building stars by having a leaner, meaner roster so I tend to stay at 25 fighters per division with a high turnover at lower ranks. I’m pretty pleased with the results so far, I used to have to limit growth to allow fighter pop to catch up. I also bought XCC in year two I think, expanded their divisions, and set them up as a TV driven company running as many events as possible. This gives me a constant stream of high regional to low national fighters with good momentum to call up. It has also been a good place to send popular fighters on losing streaks to either earn their way back or be fed to future stars.</p><p> </p><p>

Would anyone who uses hype please go into it a bit more? I didn’t even know about it until someone in this thread mentioned it. It sounds like it helps popularity gain as long as the fighter wins?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jackwad" data-cite="jackwad" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="44818" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Would anyone who uses hype please go into it a bit more? I didn’t even know about it until someone in this thread mentioned it. It sounds like it helps popularity gain as long as the fighter wins?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The gains and losses are bigger depending on the level of the hype, obviously. Then they're affected by both how they win, and who they fight. </p><p> </p><p> From my experience the gains and losses are pretty low, even at its best, but it's something. It adds an extra layer to the game, but doesn't require your attention. It's like a game within the game.</p>

• 1 year later...
Everything was going well; I had poached most of Alpha's stars, I had almost $25 million in the bank and the Main Event for GAMMA 61 was going to be Dean vs Hendo for the Middleweight Title.

About two months before the match, Dean gets caught in a sex tape scandal and is "toxic" for the next year and 8 months.:mad::mad::mad:

Match is now between Garner and Hendo for the vacant title.

That happened to me in an ALPHA-1 save with Heiji Endo. He beat Joaquim Fontes for the MIddleweight Championship in February 2003, then was scheduled to face Middeweight Grand Prix winner Fjodor Kanchelskis, but he got caught in a sex tape scandal shortly afterwards.

The fight was changed to Kanchelskis vs Fontes for the interim belt, which Kanchelskis won.

Also, in my GAMMA saves I usually hype fighters based on their likely usage (low=potentially main eventing, medium=main eventing, and high=main eventing our biggest shows).