TEW2020 Discussion Thread

I do feel like the AI should have rules that could be set.

It can be as simple As "Goldberg = Win every match", "Dolph Ziggler = Lose every match" to simulate winning streaks and losing streaks better.

Maybe the AI can auto-assign rules like winning streaks to high Menace or high SQ people to simulate people coming out of the gate with strong pushes.

But, I do feel like TEW 2016 does a far better job at building workers' pop up than in any game prior. It would be cool to be able to simulate those nuances where some wrestlers are buried or primarily just put others over, and some wrestlers are primed to the top with an undefeated streak.

It’d be nice if the AI actually ran the storylines that they claim they have going on...

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Disappointed to hear that it wasn't possible to include negotiating with a team - but the changes that did make it in sound great. Also thrilled that an admitably cosmetic feature such as numbered TV shows made it in.</p><p> </p><p>

Question: will the AI seek to hire permanent units together - or will this new feature only matter for the teams that start in the same promotion?</p>

<p>Good to see the new additions, although it kinda feels like it should've been implemented already, but I won't mean about such a small thing.</p><p>

I am however disappointed not to see any changes to tag teams in regards to specific skills, like tag psychology or something in the likes.</p><p> </p><p>

As for the numbered shows, again a welcomed small addition, although I hope landmark shows will be a thing, for example your 100th, 500th, 1000th show etc will be more special than normal, have better ratings and as such be expected to deliver better grades.</p><p> </p><p>

Still time though</p>

<p>I'm happy about the ability to both track TV shows by episodes (it's something I've manually done) and search for tag teams. I always have a big tag team division so this will be helpful.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm looking for further information on the search function. The diary entry mentioned it is from the tag team screen -- does this mean on the tag team screen that has my list of tag teams there is now a search function to search tag teams in the game universe? Or is their a new tag team screen coming in? Is it a subscreen of the general workers screen? Will there be filters to search for tag teams based off employment status and where they can work?</p><p> </p><p>

The game continues to look better and better (at least to me).</p><p> </p><p>

I know there are a lot of questions about AI and wanting to hear improvements about AI -- but I'm going to naturally assume that the AI will continue to get better and that it hasn't been focused on because it's not a 'feature' or 'cosmetic', but rather something most people should be able to safely assume is going to happen -- like any sports game. I don't need NBA 2k to tell me that the AI has gotten better in the newest game, I just assume it has.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hive" data-cite="Hive" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Question: will the AI seek to hire permanent units together - or will this new feature only matter for the teams that start in the same promotion?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If it has one member of a Permanent Unit then the partner automatically gets a large boost to their "desirability" rating in regard to that company and therefore are far more likely to be signed.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DatIsraeliGuy" data-cite="DatIsraeliGuy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Good to see the new additions, although it kinda feels like it should've been implemented already, but I won't mean about such a small thing.<p> I am however disappointed not to see any changes to tag teams in regards to specific skills, like tag psychology or something in the likes.</p><p> </p><p> As for the numbered shows, again a welcomed small addition, although I hope landmark shows will be a thing, for example your 100th, 500th, 1000th show etc will be more special than normal, have better ratings and as such be expected to deliver better grades.</p><p> </p><p> Still time though</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If tag team specific skills or attributes doesn't make it in the game then i hope ”tag team” becomes a ”style” much like Lucha, hardcore, spot monkey, etc.</p>

<p>I'm guessing the AI will never turn Hawk against Animal, for instance?</p><p> </p><p>

If the Road Warriors are a permanent unit, can I (in my saves) then have one of them turn on the other, feud, etc?</p><p> </p><p>

Also hoping to see more options for 6-man matches...maybe 4 teams involved at once....</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="WCGreyghost" data-cite="WCGreyghost" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm guessing the AI will never turn Hawk against Animal, for instance?<p> </p><p> If the Road Warriors are a permanent unit, can I (in my saves) then have one of them turn on the other, feud, etc?</p><p> </p><p> Also hoping to see more options for 6-man matches...maybe 4 teams involved at once....</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Per the diary, this affects how the AI uses tag teams, to ensure a more realistic approach. You as the player can do what you'd like with them.</p>

I'm not sure that I understand this one. I can't think of a single tag team that is actually meant to be with each other forever, except maybe the Road Warriors? I think it would have been better to fix the AI here regarding Units, because this "they never break up, or use other partners" rule seems incredibly limiting.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm not sure that I understand this one. I can't think of a single tag team that is actually meant to be with each other forever, except maybe the Road Warriors? I think it would have been better to fix the AI here regarding Units, because this "they never break up, or use other partners" rule seems incredibly limiting.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In real world: Revival, Usos, Young Bucks.</p><p> </p><p> In CV: Men of Steel(Adonis and Hulk), Dynamite Express(Collier and Jones), Ring Generals(Waldorf and Statler), Night Terrors(Babau and Moroi).</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Thats all I can think of without opening games or research. Theres a good amount of people who want to be tag workers. Usos and Revival both have stated their desire to be a team.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SirMichaelJordan" data-cite="SirMichaelJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Not to mention that one would be solo until the other half is hired.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Gotta wonder what the % is of the other worker being signed though. Realistically this could continue to be a big issue for AI and tag team signing/booking if Adam doesnt make it a big push.</p><p> </p><p> But also at what point can a team be permanent(like Edge and Christian) than after years and years of them being together split up. I feel like Adam cant win with this as everyone will complain that "the AI didnt sign the partner" when the AI could have wanted the one guy instead.</p><p> </p><p> I look at it like Brown Pride the team in the CV. Latinofear isnt much of a star. Lower card guy. But Mexicain has potential to be a big player if he develops(he did for me in my TCW save). What happens when in a few in game years one member of a team heavily develops into a stud while the other caps kinda early. Why should they stay permanent when the other guy can truly go off and get a real job instead of holding himself back to the AI just for a partner.</p><p> </p><p> Theres no way to win this for Adam without there being 3 other ways for it to be annoying to us the player</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="iruleall15" data-cite="iruleall15" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Gotta wonder what the % is of the other worker being signed though. Realistically this could continue to be a big issue for AI and tag team signing/booking if Adam doesnt make it a big push.<p> </p><p> But also at what point can a team be permanent(like Edge and Christian) than after years and years of them being together split up. I feel like Adam cant win with this as everyone will complain that "the AI didnt sign the partner" when the AI could have wanted the one guy instead.</p><p> </p><p> I look at it like Brown Pride the team in the CV. Latinofear isnt much of a star. Lower card guy. But Mexicain has potential to be a big player if he develops(he did for me in my TCW save). What happens when in a few in game years one member of a team heavily develops into a stud while the other caps kinda early. Why should they stay permanent when the other guy can truly go off and get a real job instead of holding himself back to the AI just for a partner.</p><p> </p><p> Theres no way to win this for Adam without there being 3 other ways for it to be annoying to us the player</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Adam said that there will be a high chance of the partner being signed. </p><p> </p><p> I would not call Edge & Christian a permanent unit...</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Hopefully the same large bonus is given to regular units as well.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm not sure that I understand this one. I can't think of a single tag team that is actually meant to be with each other forever, except maybe the Road Warriors? I think it would have been better to fix the AI here regarding Units, because this "they never break up, or use other partners" rule seems incredibly limiting.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In addition to what irule said... The Midnight Express. Rock N' Roll Express are two more examples. Mightnight only broke up because of retirements and people leaving the company. Rock N' Roll had a time when they were split that went horribly, but have teamed together pretty much non stop for thirty years.</p><p> </p><p> irule gave examples of Men of Steel(Adonis and Hulk), Dynamite Express(Collier and Jones), Ring Generals(Waldorf and Statler), Night Terrors(Babau and Moroi) in the Cverse. I'd also add Samoan Destruction, Inc, The McWade Brothers, The New Wave. Teams that while yes, one of the guys *could* be singles but should stay as singles.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Historian" data-cite="Historian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In addition to what irule said... The Midnight Express. Rock N' Roll Express are two more examples. Mightnight only broke up because of retirements and people leaving the company. Rock N' Roll had a time when they were split that went horribly, but have teamed together pretty much non stop for thirty years.<p> </p><p> irule gave examples of Men of Steel(Adonis and Hulk), Dynamite Express(Collier and Jones), Ring Generals(Waldorf and Statler), Night Terrors(Babau and Moroi) in the Cverse. I'd also add Samoan Destruction, Inc, The McWade Brothers, The New Wave. Teams that while yes, one of the guys *could* be singles but should stay as singles.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Your last sentence do you mean but should stay as perma units?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="iruleall15" data-cite="iruleall15" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Your last sentence do you mean but should stay as perma units?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Yes. Brain fart while typing!</p>

TEW 2020 notes

Here are a few quick comments on the things I've read about TEW 2020.

First off all let's start with the bad: The new size system for companies sounds just as awful if not worse than in TEW 2016. No depth, no slack, based on ratings once again. I hoped it would be a more sophisticated system this around, with social media and hardcore fans, who you gain after a long while and will follow the product regardless and such. Sadly that isn't the plan.

Something else I've noticed is that there in no plan of introducing tape libraries, tape selling, networks or digitalizing. I would've liked to see a system where you can invest to tape shows, and sell them via mail at first (like with ECW's first few events). Next to that these could then be uploaded to a network, one that holds a certain set of tapes. You would then also be able to give away matches to sites like Youtube, Twitch, Ustream which would increase your popularity but make your network less 'must watch' or give/bargain/buy shows from other companies.

You could also have a system that makes it so that giving away top rated or lower rated matches/segments/shows influences your popularity. With after a few years (or through a good ending to a feud) the rating of the segment would not be important, and be put in the 'classic' department. You could also have your weekly shows be uploaded to this, which would cost money to buy the rights of them. With this system you could also take over other companies and take their library, or invest in digitalizing the older shows and gain more hardcore fans. Such a system would seem very interesting to me, sadly it sounds like the system is TEW 2016, but then just updated.

With the different levels of shows you could have some be taped and some not. You could even have owners/bookers that have personality traits like Forgetful or Clumsy loose these said tapes and 're-find' them years later in either bad or good quality, to be bought to put on your network. You could have parent companies send down talent to get good ratings to put on the network, or give away for free. Almost forgot to mention this, you could have a top star do a segment selling these tapes in the pre-digital era, with the rating being low but the profit being high. Maybe this is too far, but releasing never seen tapes (from TV tapings that never aired for example, because the broadcaster or company went out of business) would increase Subscription numbers.

Also putting tapes of stars from other parts of the world would increase your popularity in those parts, like the Mexican Cruiserweights in WCW. Putting up shows that have a different intent (from a Poruresu company for example) would attract new fans, adding classic shows would add hardcore fans.

For the rest there have been some interesting and good updates, the AI is improvement is always welcome. For example the Talk To Worker function, House Show function and the new contracts are really exciting introductions.

Also the idea of promo classes in Performance Centres would be a nice addition. Putting a seperate trainer on this with skill in microfone and acting work would be an option.

I saw there are plans for 'Rating Disruptions' however I think this could've been a bigger step, like really have a TV Ratings war, running weekly against each other, scoring high ratings when the other isn't on, and vice versa. The system seems to be improved, but why not take it all the way? Add more detail and have production quality, bizarre stunt segment and pyro's effect viewerships and rating much more.

Adding some more of those '... raised everyone's spirits by organising a poker tournament' would be nice, they become repetative very fast, and thinking of scenario's that postively or negatively influence morale is seconds work.

Perhaps adding bonusses for putting up good matches would be a nice addition, it happens in real life too so why not do it. Of course there is the bonus system, but a system that ensures big prize moneys for match of the night which would stimulate workers would be cool.

Social media, would a big and exciting addition, one that would have a realm of possibilities. (Twitter fights, official account managing and having settings to either focuss on the business or sell merch, have polls to see whose the most popular, put on snippets of a taped show to excite people, etc.) Mainstream companies would have this required for example.

The Stables system is twice as good as I could've thought of, great work.

Here are a few quick comments on the things I've read about TEW 2020.

First off all let's start with the bad: The new size system for companies sounds just as awful if not worse than in TEW 2016. No depth, no slack, based on ratings once again. I hoped it would be a more sophisticated system this around, with social media and hardcore fans, who you gain after a long while and will follow the product regardless and such. Sadly that isn't the plan.

Something else I've noticed is that there in no plan of introducing tape libraries, tape selling, networks or digitalizing. I would've liked to see a system where you can invest to tape shows, and sell them via mail at first (like with ECW's first few events). Next to that these could then be uploaded to a network, one that holds a certain set of tapes. You would then also be able to give away matches to sites like Youtube, Twitch, Ustream which would increase your popularity but make your network less 'must watch' or give/bargain/buy shows from other companies.

You could also have a system that makes it so that giving away top rated or lower rated matches/segments/shows influences your popularity. With after a few years (or through a good ending to a feud) the rating of the segment would not be important, and be put in the 'classic' department. You could also have your weekly shows be uploaded to this, which would cost money to buy the rights of them. With this system you could also take over other companies and take their library, or invest in digitalizing the older shows and gain more hardcore fans. Such a system would seem very interesting to me, sadly it sounds like the system is TEW 2016, but then just updated.

With the different levels of shows you could have some be taped and some not. You could even have owners/bookers that have personality traits like Forgetful or Clumsy loose these said tapes and 're-find' them years later in either bad or good quality, to be bought to put on your network. You could have parent companies send down talent to get good ratings to put on the network, or give away for free. Almost forgot to mention this, you could have a top star do a segment selling these tapes in the pre-digital era, with the rating being low but the profit being high. Maybe this is too far, but releasing never seen tapes (from TV tapings that never aired for example, because the broadcaster or company went out of business) would increase Subscription numbers.

Also putting tapes of stars from other parts of the world would increase your popularity in those parts, like the Mexican Cruiserweights in WCW. Putting up shows that have a different intent (from a Poruresu company for example) would attract new fans, adding classic shows would add hardcore fans.

Tape distribution is a thing in the production settings, you can select DVD/Home Video or Internet distribution. DVD/Home allows more money but less pop growth. Internet is no money for small pop growth. A tweak to allow more pop from the internet to reflect the current environment would work. As far as the rest of the tape libraries and such, I don't see them being a bad thing to include when buying a company or purchasable like old belts, if you have a Network to show them, and maybe can work with how you get some pop in their area when you buy them out. As far as anything more in depth then that. Adam did address this saying it is a lot of time and coding to put in something most people won't use often if at all.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="justtxyank" data-cite="justtxyank" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46105" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Still need tag team overness.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I agree, tag team overness needs to be added to the game and be separate from regular worker overness. </p><p> </p><p> Take teams like LOD, Dudley Boyz & Steiner Brothers as examples. All of these teams are Main Event tag teams but as single wrestlers would be more in the midcard scene. However currently in TEW, mod makers have to keep these teams as Main Eventers to reflect the tag division instead of where these wrestlers should be as singles.</p>